Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

https://aje.io/6b1i2q?update=2741417

quote:

UN probe still waiting on Israeli intelligence backing up allegations against UNRWA

Israel has yet to provide intelligence documents to a UN investigation into Israeli claims that around a dozen staff at the UN agency for Palestinian refugee (UNRWA) were involved in the Hamas-led October 7 attacks, the DPA news agency reports.

UN spokesman Stephane Dujarric said in a briefing on Thursday that the UN’s Office of Internal Oversight Services (OIOS) was currently seeking “to corroborate additional information and to compare the information obtained with materials held by Israeli authorities, which OIOS expects to receive shortly”.

The OIOS investigation started a month ago, DPA reports.

More than a dozen countries – including the United States, Germany, the United Kingdom and Sweden, among others – suspended funding to UNRWA on the basis of the Israeli allegations.

Palestinian officials have accused Israel of falsifying information to tarnish UNRWA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
in the meantime they just opened fire on a bunch of civilians trying to get food, that was promised to them

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

It's super unfair and kind of gross to compare Israelis to Nazis.
First of all, Nazi Germany was not a colonial state - I mean it had colonies, but Germany itself. You know what I mean.
Second, and most importantly, Nazi Germany was not a state founded in response to a genocide, making its own genocidal behavior all the more obscene.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

TeenageArchipelago posted:

https://aje.io/6b1i2q?update=2741509

The definitely exaggerated Israeli body count has them having killed 1/4 of Hamas fighters

And how many Palestinians have joined Hamas since October?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lol I doubt Israel has killed more than 1k hamas fighters.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

TeenageArchipelago posted:

https://aje.io/6b1i2q?update=2741509

The definitely exaggerated Israeli body count has them having killed 1/4 of Hamas fighters

this also assumes that zero additional people have decided to take up arms and fight since the Israelis started killing everyone

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

err posted:

The righteous starving Palestinians must rise up and overthrow Hamas. Just after they eat their share of dry weeds and boiled leather.

not even that! I mean stuff like "surely hamas will agree to a temporary ceasefire to get the hostages out" (in exchange for.. nothing.. and after which the ceasefire will end and the genocide resume, obviously, without even the vaguest attempt to even PRETEND to care about the hostages)

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

First of all, Nazi Germany was not a colonial state - I mean it had colonies, but Germany itself. You know what I mean.
Second, and most importantly, Nazi Germany was not a state founded in response to a genocide, making its own genocidal behavior all the more obscene.

This better be a SYQ

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Demon Of The Fall posted:

lol I doubt Israel has killed more than 1k hamas fighters.

thats probably just the count of how many males over the age of 8 theyve killed

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

You do not, in fact, gotta hand it to them.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Al! posted:

oh that's easy. 100% of them are

Elbit makes bombs

https://elbitsystems.com/product/mpr-500/

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Literally. All the Mk series bodies and JDAM and Paveway kits are made in the US.

I think the the mpr, their version of the mk, is made at what was once INI in Israel.

https://stopthewall.org/stop-elbit/

Weka has issued a correction as of 07:32 on Mar 1, 2024

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

[...]

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

you do not "gotta hand it" to the nazis.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

It's a special day when a poster hands it to both Israel and Nazi Germany at the same time

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
P sure it's a syq

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Israel itself compares themselves to the Nazi. Netanyahu has been rehabilitating Hitler for decades now, and has been public in making apologies for him, and saying the holocaust wasnt his idea.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/EmmanuelMacron/status/1763354898119229476

still sending them weapons though. at least this clears the extremely low bar of not pretending it was some kind of freak weather incident

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/MangingisdaSays/status/1763421848983814305?t=RmYJ_apvNOkTk73ihQ5K5A&s=19

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Maya Fey posted:

https://twitter.com/EmmanuelMacron/status/1763354898119229476

still sending them weapons though. at least this clears the extremely low bar of not pretending it was some kind of freak weather incident

Four Three Two One Everyone's doing the Erdogan!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
first heard of the massacre and found it depressing but entirely within the realm of what i expected given their excuse then i found out they were in tanks and used said tanks instead of like, on foot with rifles, and welp it's wild that israelis keep finding incredible new lows to sink to that i didnt expect. inhuman fucks.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

The Easy Rider posted:

Edit: The comparison up-thread to American settlers does strike a note for me: did we see Americans in already ethnically-cleansed territories politically attack the US Army for failing to expel the natives efficiently enough, or anything like that? This is an area of history I'm admittedly a lot less familiar with, but it seems like it's the most likely candidate for a point of comparison here.

It kind of is one of the big reasons we formed a standing army.

The exact same dynamic is happening in Israel was happening during most of US history:

1. Push out your lumpen proletariat into the frontier so they don’t cause the rich any trouble.
2. These settlers act like they own the place, often stealing Indian land or literally demolishing their homes. (I remember reading the testimony of a Chickasaw man who realized he needed to flee when some white oval office showed up and started pulling the shingles off his house)
3. Settlers get their scalps handed to them.
4. Bring in the army to finish the dirty work.
5. The rich come buy up all the real estate.
6. Go to 1.

It was also the inspiration for Lebensraum, Hitler once said “I greatly admire how America gunned down the red-skinned savages by the millions […] America tamed the Wild West and I will tame the wild east.”

Sadly the Indians didn’t have thousands of tanks, planes and rifles needed to fight off the invaders like the Soviets did. (Imagine a T-34 running over Andrew Jackson forever)

But all other settler states have died violently, so maybe we can hope for good things to happen to Israel.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

"Dozens of Palestinian administrative detainees were unexpectedly released this evening from Ofer prison. The reason, according to sources in the security establishment: The detention facilities are completely full. 'It was decided to release them to make room for more 'heavy' detainees'"

https://twitter.com/carmeldangor/status/1763312305046012018?t=yojyhx_kE3Z-ZSsiEfZULw&s=19

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

From what the guy filming said it sounds like they just dumped them out the prison gates
Theyre all in their prison clothes.

Of course israelis are being very normal in the replies.

Rigged Death Trap has issued a correction as of 09:41 on Mar 1, 2024

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
I was wondering to myself a couple days ago if the Israeli prisons would start to get too full just not. Like my eventually they can't just keep locking up EVERYONE.

Does anyone remember who the younger maybe teenage aged Israeli hostages who was freed who gave the Hebrew interview about getting an Arab nickname and told they would be married in Gaza?

The Easy Rider
Sep 21, 2006

Corn Dogs- Deep Fried Proof Of A Loving God

Orbis Tertius posted:

I think in Israel’s case, speaking of depravity, you have to consider that they’re backed, full stop, by the hegemon.

and not merely in terms of military support, but also in that there is no level of depravity and evil to which the IDF can sink that western cultural hegemony cannot contort itself into absolving, as needed for “the narrative”, via its various media and social instruments.

obviously there are some seriously perverse incentives and general fuckedupedness involved, when such a situation persists over many years and is institutionalized.

Thank you for this; it's one of those things that seems obvious after reading it, but I guess my sense of disgust was blinding me to it. Still, I'm taken aback that it's apparently possible to reach these sorts of depths through such an ideological reinforcement mechanism, and its particularly disturbing to watch it intensify with all the dirty laundry in plain view. Reflecting on it for a bit, I guess we're seeing the same language that we saw from the Israelis during the Second Intifada and the withdrawal of the settlers from Gaza, but now it's all in the open thanks to social media and whatnot; what was previously sanitized or excised entirely for non-Israeli audiences now just appears directly in front of the world. I guess I should take heart in the truth getting out and that the ideological efficiency of running cover for Israel is getting torn to shreds.

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

It kind of is one of the big reasons we formed a standing army.

The exact same dynamic is happening in Israel was happening during most of US history:

1. Push out your lumpen proletariat into the frontier so they don’t cause the rich any trouble.
2. These settlers act like they own the place, often stealing Indian land or literally demolishing their homes. (I remember reading the testimony of a Chickasaw man who realized he needed to flee when some white oval office showed up and started pulling the shingles off his house)
3. Settlers get their scalps handed to them.
4. Bring in the army to finish the dirty work.
5. The rich come buy up all the real estate.
6. Go to 1.

It was also the inspiration for Lebensraum, Hitler once said “I greatly admire how America gunned down the red-skinned savages by the millions […] America tamed the Wild West and I will tame the wild east.”

Sadly the Indians didn’t have thousands of tanks, planes and rifles needed to fight off the invaders like the Soviets did. (Imagine a T-34 running over Andrew Jackson forever)

But all other settler states have died violently, so maybe we can hope for good things to happen to Israel.

This is the side of the equation that I have a pretty solid grasp on, but I guess what I'm missing is the cultural life that accompanied the genocidal frenzy. In the material I've read, it seems a lot like there was a need to "repress" what was being done from public consciousness: the crimes of the US Army and settlers being attributed to their victims, an emphasis on narratives of native savagery, and so on, coupled with enthusiastic celebration of the Army for expelling the threat. Israel seems uniquely insane in that the most enthusiastic proponents of this slaughter are also furious at the butchers responsible that they're not sufficiently brutal and rapid in carrying out their murderous business. Was there a significant bloc of already-settled Americans furious that the Army wasn't efficient enough in its genocide, that Andrew Jackson was a traitor to the white race for not going far enough, and so on? And if this was a phenomenon, do you have any suggestions on readings where I can learn some more about this angle?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Sancho Banana posted:

"Dozens of Palestinian administrative detainees were unexpectedly released this evening from Ofer prison. The reason, according to sources in the security establishment: The detention facilities are completely full. 'It was decided to release them to make room for more 'heavy' detainees'"

https://twitter.com/carmeldangor/status/1763312305046012018?t=yojyhx_kE3Z-ZSsiEfZULw&s=19

surprised they didn't just shoot them

fizziester
Dec 21, 2023

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

But all other settler states have died violently,

America, Canada and Australia have not yet died violently, though.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

E2M2 posted:

I was wondering to myself a couple days ago if the Israeli prisons would start to get too full just not. Like my eventually they can't just keep locking up EVERYONE.

Does anyone remember who the younger maybe teenage aged Israeli hostages who was freed who gave the Hebrew interview about getting an Arab nickname and told they would be married in Gaza?

https://twitter.com/ecomarxi/status/1738873394127417813?t=RFA4-HICfPZXniyzxAhZhw&s=19

Dancer
May 23, 2011

crepeface posted:

no book, but they discuss that very topic in this very in-depth podcast.

The same podcast just released a new episode on a very related note

The History of Modern Yemen & the Struggle Against Zionist Imperialism w/ Shireen Al-Adeimi & Rune "Aldanmarki" Agerhus.

Death Vomit Wizard
May 8, 2006
Bottom Feeder

Dr. VooDoo posted:

If he was pro-Israel he would’ve set someone else on fire and stolen their house
holy poo poo

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

learning witchcraft to help topple the genocidal empire, but all my spells are bird-based
user name/ post combo

anywho i'm just here to drop this in case it hasn't been posted yet:
https://twitter.com/afrocosmist/status/1753493800981299235?s=20
DTI / DTA / Rest in Power Aaron Bushnell

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

https://x.com/halalflow/status/1763286588686045538?s=46&t=q1yioAlNJ1Wnv5VQrEw_AA

Matt Miller almost calls the reporter Said Arikat “Hamas” at the 3:20 mark lol.

Raccooon has issued a correction as of 11:44 on Mar 1, 2024

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

Raccooon posted:

lmao, this is the new "listen, fat"

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Raccooon posted:

https://x.com/halalflow/status/1763286588686045538?s=46&t=q1yioAlNJ1Wnv5VQrEw_AA

Said isn't aggressive enough with this rat

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
bring out the shoe

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

"Economy Minister Barkat calls out to the public: Boycott Osem [a food company] which chose to raise prices during the war"

https://twitter.com/GLZRadio/status/1763248244954370136?t=tkW1w0a02JsLvKy48dDlhg&s=19

https://mobile.mako.co.il/finances-consumer/Article-9fb363b6655fd81026.htm

quote:

Economy Minister Nir Barkat's previous initiatives to moderate price increases achieved mixed results, and now he's announcing a new initiative: black stickers to mark products whose prices rose during the war. Channel 12 has learned that Barkat is promoting legislation against the food companies that entered the blacklist [for raising] prices since October 7th - that will attach black stickers to their products. According to Barkat, the stickers will be attached to any product whose price will increase, so that the public can identify who raised prices during wartime.

"The new law will require placing black stickers on products whose prices increased during wartime," said Barkat. "The companies on the blacklist hurt the Israeli public at a difficult time of war, when the entire nation acts in solidarity and only these companies are cut off. Unfortunately, Osem prefers to be on the blacklist. It believes that it'll raise prices during the war and you'll forget about it. This is not surprising because most of you don't know that Osem is no longer an Israeli company. My fellow Israelis, it's in your hands to stop this. Don't buy Osem."

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Raccooon posted:

“Why can’t you say you condemn killing women and children?”

“We d- wait no not that, I’m going to say something else”

Motherfucker you already said three quarters of the two syllables needed to agree that you condemn this before stopping and correcting yourself

Real Mean Queen has issued a correction as of 12:18 on Mar 1, 2024

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Honky Mao posted:

This is essentially genocide

some genocides are more equal than others

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Matt Miller, Stephen Miller, there's no difference