Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Tweak posted:

His troubles only started since he tried to play for the niners, makes you think

But he keeps getting in trouble in Washington, not the Bay Area. :thunk:

It really sucks for him and I hope he gets help. Alcoholism is brutal, even when you have a lot of money it's a real killer. At least it doesn't appear that he assaulted a family member this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Is Kam Chancellor the only LOB guy with a normal brain

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Sherman was going 79 in a 60, got pulled over, was asked if he was drinking, he said '2 margaritas' then voluntarily submitted to a breathalyzer which popped it. Normally it'd be your average DUI but he's still on probation from his last legal incident so hes kind of in deep poo poo now.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

seiferguy posted:

Sherman was going 79 in a 60, got pulled over, was asked if he was drinking, he said '2 margaritas' then voluntarily submitted to a breathalyzer which popped it. Normally it'd be your average DUI but he's still on probation from his last legal incident so hes kind of in deep poo poo now.

I think he'll be fine, legally. Even a "regular" person wouldn't be likely to face more than fines and community service.

I remember Marshawn got a DUI back in the day and he's been pretty upstanding ever since. I just worry about what this, combined with his previous incident says about Sherman's ability to stay out of trouble in the future.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
By "back in the day" do you mean last year?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

drunk drivers kill people and I hope he gets the book thrown at him tbh
regardless of how likeable and cool he is

even if he's got some kind of addiction issue and can't stop drinking, he can still get an uber

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Yeah Marshawn literally took a plea deal for that incident just 5 days ago lol

That said, he wasn't on probation like Sherman was.

Leperflesh posted:

even if he's got some kind of addiction issue and can't stop drinking, he can still get an uber

America naturally has turned DUIs into a profit machine, from the lawyers who specialize in it, to the classes you have to take afterwards assigned by a judge, etc.

It's all weirdly hosed up, and it's almost like there's an incentive for people to drive drunk so everyone can continue profiting off of it.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Feb 26, 2024

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Leperflesh posted:

yeah I don’t really have any sympathy here aside from “he should get some help” when you have that sort of money there’s no excuse to not just get an uber

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

seiferguy posted:

It's all weirdly hosed up, and it's almost like there's an incentive for people to drive drunk so everyone can continue profiting off of it.

:911:

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Leperflesh posted:

This 100%

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I missed Lynch getting that second DUI, my bad.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
No wonder I hear so many 1-800-DUI-AWAY commercials on Seattle Sports radio. They think former Seahawks might be listening.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

logger posted:

No wonder I hear so many 1-800-DUI-AWAY commercials on Seattle Sports radio. They think former Seahawks might be listening.

i think we know why those commercials get so much play

renton, kent, woodinville and all of snohomish county

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Do they get lots of divorce lawyers saying they'll protect your rights as a man too?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Mr. Fix It posted:

i think we know why those commercials get so much play

renton, kent, woodinville and all of snohomish county

I blame Paccar Parts for Renton's woes.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mustached Demon posted:

Do they get lots of divorce lawyers saying they'll protect your rights as a man too?

Here in San Diego we just get a massive number of billboards for one specific divorce attorney.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Nervous posted:

I blame Paccar Parts for Renton's woes.

dude the Boeing 737 plant is RIGHT THERE.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

seiferguy posted:

dude the Boeing 737 plant is RIGHT THERE.

My company supplies Paccar and DTNA, not Boeing, so all my bitching is reserved for what I know.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Nervous posted:

My company supplies Paccar and DTNA, not Boeing, so all my bitching is reserved for what I know.

I spent 6 years working for Boeing, albeit in Everett, and man, that company funds the most bikini batistas per capita, and highway 99 is just place after place of locations you'd see on rub maps dot com. Robert Kraft should consider swapping teams.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
This seems particularly appropriate, since Benne closed the Coaching thread already: The 49ers have hired KJ Wright as their new assistant LB coach.

New 49ers legend in the making.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x-Pbpxgbqc

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Thank you Niners for saving us from KJ's crappy podcast

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Benne posted:

Thank you Niners for saving us from KJ's crappy podcast

DUIs and podcasts, PNW is a land of abundance.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Coldforge posted:

DUIs and podcasts, PNW is a land of abundance.

Don’t forget Californians

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Russell Wilson needs a new job. Maybe he can backup for the Rams.

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
Another spurned seahawk picked up by the niners.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I very much regret that I've only had a chance to wear my Richard Sherman 49ers jersey in Seattle once.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I very much regret that I've only had a chance to wear my Richard Sherman 49ers jersey in Seattle once.

I’m currently wearing a chargers sweater in KC and no one has made a comment, I think they just pity me

e: alternate theory, it’s a vintage sweater and KC fans are too dumb to recognize that it’s chargers related, yea I’m going with that

Pontius Pilate fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Mar 5, 2024

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

I'm still mad the hawks don't have a 2nd round pick for. A 10.game rental of Leonard Williams.

Just smdh so many tantalizing qbs they can't trade up for

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

EmbryoSteve posted:

I'm still mad the hawks don't have a 2nd round pick for. A 10.game rental of Leonard Williams.

Just smdh so many tantalizing qbs they can't trade up for

I would also like to express my mad at that particular trade

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I would also like to express my mad at that particular trade

Can I also join this party?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

lol seiferguy and peachfart were defending the trade

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

How many more elite years do we think CMC has?

I get so worried when Shanahan continues to run him in the fourth so much :ohdear:

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
I defended that trade too, or at least didn't hate it. I was pretty wrong. I thought a DT might be the difference between a good and bad defense, and that they would sign him to an extension. :sigh:

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

How many more elite years do we think CMC has?

I get so worried when Shanahan continues to run him in the fourth so much :ohdear:

He's 27, so... 2 or 3, probably? I assume they're probably just gonna let his existing contract play out and then decide what to do from there based on how he looks during that last season and what their cap sheet looks like at that point.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

If he doesn't have a serious injury, I agree maybe 1-3 years, he's just taking far too many snaps and runs way too hard to possibly last longer than that. I really want to see him benched in the second half of games we're up by 14+ in, I wanted to see elijah mitchell in on more plays during the playoffs too. There are frank gores in this world who can just keep going forever, but you can't count on that, it's vanishingly rare even among elite NFL RBs.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Leperflesh posted:

I really want to see him benched in the second half of games we're up by 14+ in,

For real though!!!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

seiferguy posted:

that company funds the most bikini batistas per capita

i was not familiar with this phenomenon and this misspelling did not make figuring it out easy

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
CMC hasn't missed a game to injury since 2021.

At this point the "injury prone" label feels a little dated. He's only really had two major injuries in his career, and one was a broken wrist which had nothing to do with his workload. It's ironic that he gets treated like Glass Joe when he's actually been really durable going all the way back to Stanford. And he's 27, not 34.

Maybe you don't want him getting 30 touches per game again, but "sit him in every 2nd half" feels like an absurd overcorrection.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Benne posted:

CMC hasn't missed a game to injury since 2021.

At this point the "injury prone" label feels a little dated. He's only really had two major injuries in his career, and one was a broken wrist which had nothing to do with his workload. It's ironic that he gets treated like Glass Joe when he's actually been really durable going all the way back to Stanford. And he's 27, not 34.

Maybe you don't want him getting 30 touches per game again, but "sit him in every 2nd half" feels like an absurd overcorrection.

Sentiment should be "get Mitchell more touches because he's pretty good" with the side effect of fewer CMC touches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

lol seiferguy and peachfart were defending the trade

I mean, you went on and on about how we shouldn't have traded Russ for picks?

Team was 6-3 at the time, and I'd rather my team make a run at it when Any Given Sunday is a thing instead of tanking for a draft that isnt a guarantee either. Losing a 2nd sucks but isn't debilitating like multiple 1sts. Leonard was fine, team around him just fell apart. Plus JS has found ways to restock draft picks day of / before so I'm not sweating it.