Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
e; wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

YO

https://twitter.com/ddtpro/status/1761585072514420941

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
That is gonna rule. Chris stays winning.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh my God that's so loving cool.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:woop:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Holy poo poo

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh, speaking of posts made here in the Puroresu thread...

forkboy84 posted:

25/2/2023, Sunday
11:30am JST/1:30pm AEDT/2:30am GMT/9:30pm EST/6:30pm PST

DDT Into The Fight 2024
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Schadenfreude International (Antonio Honda, Chris Brookes & Masahiro Takanashi) vs Ilusion, Yuki Iino & Yuni
Akito & Soma Takao vs Damnation TA (Daisuke Sasaki & KANON)
Danshoku Dieno, Makoto Oishi & Toru Owashi vs Kazuki Hirata, Naruki Doi & Shinya Aoki
Kazusada Higuchi & Yoshitatsu vs Rukiya & Yukio Naya
HARASHIMA vs To-y
DDT Universal Title: MAO(c) vs Hikaru Machida
Hideki Okatani, Takeshi Masada & Tetsuya Endo vs Kaisei Takechi, Shunma Katsumata & Yuki Ueno
Live on Wrestle Universe

This is on... right now!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Theres definitely a few things on that card i'm looking forward to when I get home, though less since HARASHIMA got replaced with MJ Paul

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This MAO guy? Pretty good!
summons to the House of Unamerican Activities Committee appears in my mail

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Zack Sabre Jr. looks way more Japanese than I remember.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jesus Christ this crowd is hot for this main event.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
So what was the deal with the debuting guy in the six man? He seemed cool as hell

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Looks like he's a member of a JPop group which may explain why the crowd was so loving hot for the main event, I'm guessing a lot of his fans were there? Or maybe because the match was drat good!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

For any of the casual AJPW watchers, Friday's VOD show was pretty fun, but like house show fun rather than essential viewing. It was nice seeing Omori again. And for Jiro's match, someone in the crowd had a cardboard Jiro where you could could pull a tab on the back & it opened his shirt, it was very cool. I need to gif that later.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Interesting data from Puwota, a site that has schedules and links for all the Japanese wrestling shows for people looking to buy tickets. Show what other promotions fans of certain promotions are likely to be interested in.

https://twitter.com/puwota/status/1761259211043074423

quote:

Correlation between each organization.
This data shows a correlation where people who select this organization in the filtered search also tend to select this same organization simultaneously. In other words, there is a correlation between the two selections in the search filter.

New Japan
(01) Noah
(02) All Japan
(03) DDT
(04) Stardom
(05) Dragon Gate
(06) TJPW
(07) Big Japan
(08) GLEAT
(09) Freedoms
(10) Actwres girlZ

All Japan
(01) Noah
(02) New Japan
(03) DDT
(04) Dragon Gate
(05) Stardom
(06) Big Japan
(07) GLEAT
(08) TJPW
(09) Freedoms
(10) Sendai Girls

Noah
(01) New Japan
(02) All Japan
(03) DDT
(04) Dragon Gate
(05) Stardom
(06) Big Japan
(07) TJPW
(08) Freedoms
(09) GLEAT
(10) Sendai Girls

DDT
(01) New Japan
(02) Noah
(03) All Japan
(04) Dragon Gate
(05) TJPW
(06) Big Japan
(07) GLEAT
(08) Stardom
(09) Freedoms
(10) Ganbare/DDT

Dragon Gate
(01) New Japan
(02) Noah
(03) DDT
(04) All Japan
(05) Big Japan
(06) GLEAT
(07) Freedoms
(08) Zero1
(09) FMW-E
(10) JUST TAP OUT

Big Japan
(01) DDT
(02) Freedoms
(03) Noah
(04) Dragon Gate
(05) All Japan
(06) GLEAT
(07) New Japan
(08) Basara
(09) 666
(10) FMW-E

Stardom
(01) TJPW
(02) Actwres girlZ
(03) Marvelous
(04) Wave
(05) Sendai Girls
(06) Ice Ribbon
(07) Diana
(08) New Japan
(09) Oz Academy
(10) PROMINENCE

TJPW
(01) Stardom
(02) Actwres girlZ
(03) Ice Ribbon
(04) Marvelous
(05) Diana
(06) Wave
(07) Sendai Girls
(08) Oz Academy
(09) SEAdLINNNG
(10) PROMINENCE

Actwres girlZ
(01) TJPW
(02) Ice Ribbon
(03) Wave
(04) Marvelous
(05) Stardom
(06) Sendai Girls
(07) Diana
(08) Oz Academy
(09) SEAdLINNNG
(10) PROMINENCE

Marvelous
(01) Sendai Girls
(02) Wave
(03) TJPW
(04) Oz Academy
(05) Ice Ribbon
(06) Actwres girlZ
(07) Diana
(08) SEAdLINNNG
(09) PROMINENCE
(10) COLOR’S

Sendai Girls
(01) Marvelous
(02) Ice Ribbon
(03) Actwres girlZ
(04) TJPW
(05) Wave
(06) Oz Academy
(07) Diana
(08) SEAdLINNNG
(09) PROMINENCE
(10) Stardom

Ice Ribbon
(01) Actwres girlZ
(02) TJPW
(03) Marvelous
(04) Sendai Girls
(05) Wave
(06) SEAdLINNNG
(07) Oz Academy
(08) Diana
(09) PROMINENCE
(10) Gatoh Move

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Chuckling that ActWres and All Japan do not appear on each other's lists despite working together

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The almost complete lack of crossover between the fanbases of men's & women's promotions is fascinating. Stardom having NJPW in their top 10 & that's it.

Also BJW fans being the least interest of male promotion fans in New Japan checks out.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

forkboy84 posted:

The almost complete lack of crossover between the fanbases of men's & women's promotions is fascinating. Stardom having NJPW in their top 10 & that's it.

Also BJW fans being the least interest of male promotion fans in New Japan checks out.

Very surprised that teej fans aren't also ddt fans.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Marvellous fans being Color's fans is pretty surprising (or maybe not given how Marvellous does factions)

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

forkboy84 posted:

That is possibly stardom fans that were originally njpw fans? The women promotions are extremely segregated with the big men's promotions at least getting some crossover.

It's really fascinating data.

Anyway here are the shupro award mvps advertising their issue

https://twitter.com/tmtmtmx/status/1761356960723878260?t=TsntPPzl42HxZKVNa200xg&s=19

https://twitter.com/TIMEBOMB1105/status/1761730974277394896?t=rqSQ7V6XHTJa90ZILK4zFQ&s=19

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Lol at the hatred of Stardom from Marvelous and Ice Ribbon fans.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Some Fukumen D clips (featuring DDT cameos) are popping up on my timeline since the actor made his debut yesterday

https://twitter.com/Meerkat_Ultra/status/1761842441949180250

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
it's just incredibly funny when wrestlers show up in shows basically as themselves in their own gear, like when the TJPW roster was on that CBS SWAT show and Shoko Nakajima just pulls out an Uzi

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I always like to reflect that 2 of the best women of their generation, Hikaru Shida & Tsukasa Fujimoto, got their start in wrestling after training to play wrestlers for some TV project & deciding to stick with it. We also got incredible weirdo Miyako Matsumoto out of that so all in all not bad.

I hope the DDT is even half as good as Fujimoto

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Tampa Bae posted:

when the TJPW roster was on that CBS SWAT show and Shoko Nakajima just pulls out an Uzi

Say what?!?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Germansimp posted:

Say what?!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojnrjjv4TfM

This wasn't in the script, Shoko just saw the film crew and went straight for the uzi she always has in her gear.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Germansimp posted:

Say what?!?

She didn't do that.

it was a MAC-10

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Jerusalem posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojnrjjv4TfM

This wasn't in the script, Shoko just saw the film crew and went straight for the uzi she always has in her gear.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Fun fact: Shoko started training in stuntwork after/during that cameo because she enjoyed it so much, and that's where she met the bird girl. Also why Kaya Toribami's moves are much wilder than traditional tjpw trainees (or even lucha-based trainees), she was training to be a stunt-woman before picking wrestling

Yamashita being carried away in cuffs wearing full gear makes me giggle every time I see it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

We also don't see Yamashita defeated in her fight so I can only assume she kept beating the Just For Men Your Beard is Weird Spokesman down till she got surrounded by cops with guns and said,"Yeah... that seems like the right number of guns :clint:" and surrendered.

Exactly :hmmyes:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Was pretty surprised how much Nakajima gave Ryo Inoue in their match on Night 3 of the current tour. Match was pretty good.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

So uh... did anybody ever find out what happened with this?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

No, but apparently Yusuke Okada has been off shoots having a tumour removed from his stomach

Also, & I appreciate this is a long shot, but does anyone know what the gently caress the deal with the ZERO1/REAL ZERO1 thing? Because the Zero1 website didn't have any info on their Sunday Korakuen show. And having eventually found the card, well, none of the REAL ZERO1 guys is on it, despite it being the 23rd Anniversary.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Feb 28, 2024

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

forkboy84 posted:

No, but apparently Yusuke Okada has been off shoots having a tumour removed from his stomach

https://twitter.com/ddtproENG/status/1763067292823548188?t=UopobfBL7T6hd1wuaQOfhg&s=19

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

New Japan start the New Japan Cup, with a slightly underwhelming field, Dragongate also being their tag tournament Rey de Parejas, although before that they have a couple of Osaka shows, one with title matches & the other with old units brought back for the one night. NOAH's tag league is also ongoing. The closest we have to an All Japan show this week is a AJPW vs DDT match in DDT which looks like it should be fun. New Period & Inoue will be good value. There's also ZERO1's Anniversary Show, which doesn't feature Masato Tanaka or any other members of Real ZERO1, which has me quite confused, but Shoki Kitamura is back from injury so that's great.

2/3/2023, Saturday

1pm JST/3pm AEDT/4am GMT/11pm EST/8pm PST

Stardom In Kanazawa
Kanazawa Ryutsu Kaikan, Kanazawa
Ranna Yagami vs Saki Kashima
Cosmic Angels (Sayaka Kurara & Yuna Mizumori) vs Queen's Quest (Miyu Amasaki & Saya Kamitani)
Oedo Tai (Momo Watanabe, Natsuko Tora, Ruaka & Starlight Kid) vs STARS (Hanan, Hazuki, Koguma & Saya Iida)
Mai Sakurai & Mei Seira vs Queen's Quest (AZM & Utami Hayashishita)
Empress Nexus Venus (HANAKO, Maika, Mina Shirakawa, Waka Tsukiyama & Xena) vs God's Eye (Ami Sourei, MIRAI & Syuri), Giulia & Suzu Suzuki
Cosmic Angels (Saori Anou & Tam Nakano) vs STARS (Mayu Iwatani & Yuzuki)
Uploaded to Stardom World at some unknown point

3pm JST/5pm AEDT/6am GMT/1am EST/10pm PST

Pro Wrestling NOAH Great Voyage in Nagoya
Nagoya International Congress Centre, Nagoya
Alejandro vs Ninja Mack
Hajime Ohara & Junta Miyawaki vs Team NOAH (Akitoshi Saito & Hi69)
GLG (Anthony Greene, Jack Morris & YO-HEY) vs Naomichi Marufuji, Super Crazy & Yoshinari Ogawa
HAYATA vs LJ Cleary
Victory Challenge Tag League: Kenoh & Yu Owada vs Los Golpeadores (Alpha Wolf & Dragon Bane)
Victory Challenge Tag League: Daiki Inaba & Masa Kitamiya vs Manabu Soya & Shuji Kondo
GHC Junior Heavyweight Title: Daga(c) vs Tadasuke
Victory Challenge Tag League: REAL (Saxon Huxley & Timothy Thatcher) vs Team NOAH (Atsushi Kotoge & Go Shiozaki)
Jake Lee vs Kazuyuki Fujita
Victory Challenge Tag League: Kaito Kiyomiya & Ryohei Oiwa vs Takashi Sugiura & Ulka Sasaki
Live on Wrestle Universe

6pm JST/8pm AEDT/9am GMT/4am EST/1am PST

Dragongate The Gate of Nostalgia
EDION Arena #2, Osaka
Masquerade (Dragon Dia, Jason Lee & Kota Minoura) vs Natural Vibes (Jacky Funky Kamei, Strong Machine J & U-T)
Renaissance (Don Fujii & Yasushi Kanda) vs Super Florida Brothers (Jackson Florida & Johnson Florida)
Dia HEARTS (BxB Hulk, Dragon Kid & Masaaki Mochizuki) vs REAL HAZARD (Cyber Kong, Genki Horiguchi & Ryo Saito
D'courage (Madoka Kikuta & Ryoya Tanaka) vs MaxiMuM (Ben-K & Big R Shimizu)
Big Hug (Hyo & Luis Mante) vs Jimmyz (Jimmy Kagetora & Jimmy Susumu)
Mad Blankey (Kzy, Mondai Ryu, Naruki Doi, Punch Tominaga & YAMATO) vs Z-Brats (Gianni Valletta, ISHIN, KAI, Shun Skywalker & Yoshiki Kato?)
Live on Dragongate Network

Also shows from Ice Ribbon, YMZ & Osaka Pro

3/3/2023, Sunday

11am JST/1pm AEDT/2am GMT/9pm EST/6pm PST

Tokyo Joshi Pro Live Tour Spring Night 1
Shinjuku FACE, Tokyo
Kaya Toribami vs Mahiro Kiryu vs Suzume
Miu Watanabe & Uta vs Raku & Shino Suzuki
Arisu Endo & Chika Nanase vs Kirra & Nao Kakuta
Haru Kazashiro vs Rika Tatsumi
Kyoraku Kyomei (Hyper Misao & Shoko Nakajima) vs Pom Harajuku & Yuki Kamifuku
Miyu Yamashita & Moka Miyamoto vs Toga & Wakana Uehara
HIMAWARI & Mizuki vs Ryo Mizunami & Yuki Aino
Live on Wrestle Universe

11:30am JST/1:30pm AEDT/2:30am GMT/9:30pm EST/6:30pm PST

ZERO1 23rd Anniversary
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Rikiya Fudo vs Shuji Ishikawa
CarBell Pro Army (Blazer Tannai, CarBell Ito & Shin) vs Hot Japan (Ren Ayabe, Satsuki Nagao & Yumehito Imanari)
Hiromu Takahashi vs Ryo Hoshino
Akira Jumonji, Daichi Sato, Takumi Saito & Yuki Toki vs Fuminori Abe, Leo Isaka, Shoki Kitamura & Yuko Miyamoto
ZERO1 International Junior Heavyweight & World Junior Heavyweight Titles: Takumi Baba(c) vs Seiki Yoshioka
NWA Intercontinental Tag Team Titles: Junya Matsunaga & Tsugutaka Sato vs KAMIKAZE & Kohei Sato
Airs on SamuraiTV 10/3

1pm JST/3pm AEDT/4am GMT/11pm EST/8pm PST

Stardom in Joetsu
Kenshin Kobudokan, Joetsu
Empress Nexus Venus (HANAKO & Waka Tsukiyama) vs Queen's Quest (AZM & Saya Kamitani)
Cosmic Angels (Saori Anou, Sayaka Kurara, Tam Nakano & Yuna Mizumori) vs Oedo Tai (Momo Watanabe, Natsuko Tora, Ruaka & Starlight Kid)
Giulia & Mai Sakurai vs God's Eye (Ranna Yagami & Syuri)
God's Eye (Ami Sourei, MIRAI & Saki Kashima) vs STARS (Koguma, Mayu Iwatani & Saya Iida)
Crazy Star (Mei Seria & Suzu Suzuki) vs Queen's Quest (Miyu Amasaki & Utami Hayashishita)
Empress Nexus Venus (Maika, Mina Shirakawa & Xena) vs STARS (Hanan, Hazuki & Yuzuki)
Uploaded to Stardom World at some unknown point

2pm JST/4pm AEDT/5am GMT/12am EST/9pm PST

DDT Toy Kojima Homecoming Show
Sky Arena, Naraha
Hideki Okatani & Kazuki Hirata vs Tetsuya Endo & Yuki Iino
Akito & Kazuma Sumi vs Daisuke Sasaki & KANON
Chris Brookes & Takeshi Masada vs Danshoku Dieno & Sanshiro Takagi
HARASHIMA & Jun Akiyama vs Rukiya & Yuki Ueno
Kazusada Higuchi, Makoto Oishi & Yukio Naya vs MAO, Shunma Katsumata & Toy Kojima
Uploaded later to Wrestle Universe

3pm JST/5pm AEDT/6am GMT/1am EST/10pm PST

Dragongate Champion Gate
EDION Arena #2, Osaka
Don Fujii, Masaaki Mochizuki & Ryu Fuda vs Gold Class (Ben-K, BxB Hulk & Kota Minoura)
Jacky Funky Kamei vs Gianni Valletta
Dragon Kid, Ho Ho Lun, Naruki Doi, Shachihoko BOY & YAMATO vs Natural Vibes (BIG BOSS Shimizu, Jason Lee, Kzy, Strong Machine J & U-T)
Open The Brave Gate Title: Hyo(c) vs Yasushi Kanda
Open The Triangle Gate Titles: D'courage (Dragon Dia, Madoka Kikuta & Ryoya Tanaka) vs Z-Brats (ISHIN, KAI & Shun Skywalker
Open The Dream Gate Title: Luis Mante(c) vs Susumu Mochizuki

4pm JST/6pm AEDT/7am GMT/2am EST/11pm PST

Gatoh Move ChocoPro #359
Ichigaya Chocolate Square, Tokyo
Card TBA

5pm JST/7pm AEDT/8am GMT/3am EST/12am PST

Pro Wrestling NOAH Sunny Voyage Night 12
Takaoka Ecours, Takaoka
Hajime Ohara vs HAYATA vs Ninja Mack
Alejandro & Junta Miyawaki vs GLG (Anthony Greene & Tadasuke)
Hi69 vs Jake Lee
Victory Challenge Tag League: Daiki Inaba & Masa Kitamiya vs Kenoh & Yu Owada
Victory Challenge Tag League: REAL (Saxon Huxley & Timothy Thatcher) vs Takashi Sugiura & Ulka Sasaki)
GLG (Jack Morris, LJ Cleary & YO-HEY) vs Stinger (Daga & Yoshinari Ogawa) & Super Crazy
Victory Challenge Tag League: Kaito Kiyomiya & Ryohei Oiwa vs Los Golpeadores (Alpha Wolf & Dragon Bane)
Victory Challenge Tag League: Manabu Soya & Shuji Kondo vs Team NOAH (Atsushi Kotoge & Go Shiozaki)

Also shows from Ice Ribbon, A-Team, Osaka Pro, Doutonbori Pro, Diana, 2AW, Michinoku Pro & BJW

4/3/2023, Monday

Nothing

5/3/2023, Tuesday

Shows from Dragongate, Dradition, JWP, 666 & PPP Tokyo

6/3/2023, Wednesday

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEDT/9:30am GMT/5:30am EST/1:30am PST

Dragongate Rey de Parejas Night 1
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Rey de Parejas Block A: Dragon Kid & Naruki Doi vs Gold Class (Ben-K & Kota Minoura)
Rey de Parejas Block A: Aagan Iisou (Shuji Kondo & Toru Owashi) vs Z-Brats (Gianni Valletta & KAI)
Rey de Parejas Block B: D'courage (Dragon Dia & Madoka Kikuta) vs Susumu Mochizuki & YAMATO
Rey de Parejas Block B: Big Hug (Hyo & Luis Mante) vs Natural Vibes (Jacky Funky Kamei & Jason Lee)

New Japan 52nd Anniversary Show
Ota Ward General Gymnasium, Tokyo
Tanga Loa & Tomoaki Honma vs United Empire (Great O-Khan & Jeff Cobb)
GoD (El Phantasmo & Hikuleo) vs TMDK (Mikey Nicholls & Zack Sabre Jr)
El Desperado, Hirooki Goto, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Tomohiro Ishii vs Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI, Hiromu Takahashi, Shingo Takagi & Yota Tsuji)
Bullet Club (Davi Finlay, Gabe Kidd & Gedo) vs United Empire (Callum Newman, Francesco Akira & TJP)
HoT (Dick Togo, EVIL, Ren Narita & Yoshinobu Kanemaru) vs Just 5 Guys (DOUKI, SANADA, Taichi & Yuya Uemura)
New Japan Cup 1st Round: Toru Yano vs Yujiro
New Japan Cup 1st Round: KENTA vs YOSHI-HASHI
New Japan Cup 1st Round: Jack Perry vs Shota Umino
SHO vs Tetsuya Naito
Live on NJPW World

7pm JST/9pm AEDT/10am GMT/6am EST/2am PST

DDT Judgement Tour in Shinjuku
Shinjuku FACE, Tokyo
Antonio Honda & Yoshitatsu vs Makoto Oishi & Shishamo Power
Danshoku Dieno vs Kazuki Hirata
AJPW (Ryo Inoue, Ryuki Honda & Yuma Anzai) vs DDT (Rukiya, Tetsuya Endo & Yuki Iino)
Live on Wrestle Universe

Also shows from BJW

7/3/2023, Thursday

New Japan NJ Cup Night 1
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Bishamon (Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI) & Oleg Boltin vs GoD (El Phantasmo, Hikuleo & Jado)
TMDK (Mikey Nicholls & Zack Sabre Jr) vs Togi Makabe & Toru Yano
Bullet Club (Gabe Kidd, KENTA & Taiji Ishimori) vs United Empire (Callum Newman, Francesco Akira & Jeff Cobb)
El Desperado, Shota Umino, Tomoaki Honma & YOH vs HoT (EVIL, Ren Narita, SHO & Yoshinobu Kanemaru)
Just 5 Guys (DOUKI, SANADA, Taichi, TAKA Michinoku & Yuya Uemura) vs Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI, Hiromu Takahashi, Shingo Takagi, Tetsuya Naito & Yota Tsuji)
New Japan Cup 1st Round: Chase Owens vs Tomohiro Ishii
New Japan Cup 1st Round: Great O-Khan vs Tanga Loa
New Japan Cup 1st Round: David Finlay vs TJP
Live on NJPW World

Also show from YMZ

8/3/2023, Friday

New Japan NJ Cup Night 2
Aimesse Yamanashi, Kofu
Bullet Club (Chase Owens, David Finlay, Gedo & KENTA) vs CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI) & Ryusuke Taguchi
El Phantasmo & Tomoaki Honma vs TMDK (Mikey Nicholls & Zack Sabre Jr)
El Desperado, Shota Umino & YOH vs HoT (Dick Togo, EVIL & SHO)
HoT (Ren Narita, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Yujiro) vs Just 5 Guys (DOUKI, SANADA & Taichi)
Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI, Hiromu Takahashi, Tetsuya Naito & Yota Tsuji) vs United Empire (Francesco Akira, Great O-Khan, Jeff Cobb & TJP)
New Japan Cup 1st Round: Hikuleo vs Oleg Boltin
New Japan Cup 1st Round: Callum Newman vs Gabe Kidd
New Japan Cup 1st Round: Shingo Takagi vs Yuya Uemura
Live on NJPW World

Pro Wrestling NOAH Sunny Voyage Night 13
Hiroshima Industrial Hall, Hiroshima
Alejandro, HAYATA & Ninja Mack vs Team NOAH (Akitoshi Saito, Hi69 & Mohammed Yone)
Anthony Greene vs Hajime Ohara
GLG (Jack Morris & Jake Lee) vs Junta Miyawaki & Naomichi Marufuji
Victory Challenge Tag League: Los Golpeadores (Alpha Wolf & Dragon Bane) vs Takashi Sugiura & Ulka Sasaki
Victory Challenge Tag League: Kenoh & Yu Owada vs Team NOAH (Atsushi Kotoge & Go Shiozaki)
GLG (LJ Cleary, Tadasuke & YO-HEY) vs Stinger (Daga & Yoshinari Ogawa) & Super Crazy
Victory Challenge Tag League: Kaito Kiyomiya & Ryohei Oiwa vs Manabu Soya & Shuji Kondo
Victory Challenge Tag League: Daiki Inaba & Masa Kitamiya vs REAL (Saxon Huxley & Timothy Thatcher)

Also shows from JTO, Marvelous & Sendai Girls

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
lmao AJPW

https://x.com/grapsontaps/status/1763575823301243317?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Man, the guy running All Japan seems like a loving moron. The company is hotter than it has been since I dunno, a decade? When did the guys who jumped from NOAH jump back? 2015? Man, it is hilarious in hindsight that Kanemaru came back just in time turn on NOAH & join Suzukigun and then follow them to New Japan.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

lol what the gently caress Fukuda

Even if the deal is cursed Nakajima in All Japan has been rad as hell

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

forkboy84 posted:

Man, the guy running All Japan seems like a loving moron. The company is hotter than it has been since I dunno, a decade? When did the guys who jumped from NOAH jump back? 2015? Man, it is hilarious in hindsight that Kanemaru came back just in time turn on NOAH & join Suzukigun and then follow them to New Japan.

I think this is a bogus report. Monthly Puroresu has a pretty terrible record and this was “I want to believe it because it’s funny” but doesn’t really make sense. We shall see!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

I think this is a bogus report. Monthly Puroresu has a pretty terrible record and this was “I want to believe it because it’s funny” but doesn’t really make sense. We shall see!

Yeah, I did see they were the original source. Still bad that it's vaguely plausible though, like, the company drove out 2 guys who were involved in the behind-the-scenes mechanisms of the company in Menso-re & Ishikawa, (Menso-re was involved in the dojo & I think someone said booking venues? But maybe I have that mixed up with something else I heard), just so he could use Actwres girlZ like he used cheerleaders at the basketball team he owned?

There are so few good English languages resources for Japanese wrestling news. Far too many people who just rely on Google translate & DeepL & can't see why that's a bad idea.