Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Been spamming my NFT-based OnlyFans that mines cryptocurrency in the background but no luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

if goons were capable of being decent then vtubers wouldn't be a forbidden topic

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I thought it was a forbidden topic because goons are all old as hell and don't understand newfangled internet culture like vtubers and tiktok.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yeah I have to say I don't actually know what a vtuber is

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Streamer with an anime/cartoon avatar that matches their face movement

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Jack Trades posted:

On the surface it's pretty funny, yeah, but the serious answer is that an SA account can't really be used to earn money,

You didn't sign up for JeffBux?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Phlegmish posted:

don’t worry about it

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Phlegmish posted:

Hold firm on this for as long as you can.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Infinity Gaia posted:

I thought it was a forbidden topic because goons are all old as hell and don't understand newfangled internet culture like vtubers and tiktok.
I think they're talking about it apparently being banned in ADTRW because people couldn't stop being gross

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Phlegmish posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Hololive/comments/pcqu7i/hi_im_momosuzu_nene_am_i_using_it_correctly/ weebs jerk off to this

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Accidentally clicked this while logged in to Reddit. Now the algorithm knows.

loving hell.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I do know what an NFT is...more or less...and I wish I didn't, so I'll heed your advice

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Be careful posting anime or vtubers in the steam thread I think some of the posters here might have a stroke by the mere sight

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Mr E posted:

Be careful posting anime or vtubers in the steam thread I think some of the posters here might have a stroke by the mere sight

They certainly will. One way or another.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Vtuber just means a streamer who uses an avatar instead of a face cam

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Countblanc posted:

Vtuber just means a streamer who uses an avatar instead of a face cam

what!? do they change the sound of their voices as well???? how absolutely lurid and scandalous etc etc

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Vtubers are not real. :colbert:

mystes
May 31, 2006

Lt. Lizard posted:

Vtubers are not real. :colbert:
Isn't that kind of the whole idea?

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
I saw a Vtuber once. A ferret of malicious intent.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

okay holy gently caress this is worth it just for this alone:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/diamond-collection-build-your-own-bundle

This bundle contains the Dread X collection... all of it! That's 50+ weird experimental horror games, curated so you can be sure they're Not poo poo (TM). Hell yes. There's other stuff in the bundle too but nothing has as much bang for your buck.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Also I just want to say. I'm bad at Elden Ring but having a lot of fun? I've got a new morning routine where I smash my face against Margit (the first gatekeeper boss), lose, then go explore elsewhere and find cool poo poo like a crab to fist-fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9MQe7tR5xQ

I didn't realize how satisfying "dark souls but open world" would be and I really love it. Hyped for the expansion!

PS for purest gaming bliss, when you face Margit, put on Tenacious D's Tribute as your background music. It mixes extremely well and you feel like a badass.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

StrixNebulosa posted:

Also I just want to say. I'm bad at Elden Ring but having a lot of fun? I've got a new morning routine where I smash my face against Margit (the first gatekeeper boss), lose, then go explore elsewhere and find cool poo poo like a crab to fist-fight.

I didn't realize how satisfying "dark souls but open world" would be and I really love it. Hyped for the expansion!

PS for purest gaming bliss, when you face Margit, put on Tenacious D's Tribute as your background music. It mixes extremely well and you feel like a badass.

hell yeah, keep at it. beating margit for the first time is a very satisfying experience.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I beat Margit on my second attempt as a caster, amazing myself, and then proceeded to suck utter poo poo on basically everything else after. Panic rolling, always with the greedy extra swing that some dark knight punishes savagely, picking the absolute worst fights, and I have never parried a thing intentionally (just lucky late blocking).

Amazing game and I loved it, need to go back to it for sure.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

StrixNebulosa posted:

They really did something to the formula that makes it works.. I nearly bounced off of the game completely after dying to some wolves a bunch of times (I had no previous Souls experience), but once the controls clicked I couldn't stop playing (and have since 100%'d it on PS5 and PC).

What really strikes me is that something like over 70% of players have stuck with it and beaten Margit, which really, really speaks to how effective the difficult-but-fair (and fun) design is. I can't name another game that has such a large player base of different experience levels willing to say gently caress it I'm gonna beat that boss and bang their heads against a wall over and over until the mechanics finally click (and believe me, Margit took many goddamn attempts for me to beat)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

when and why did Command & Conquer 3's campaign balance get so hosed

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Hwurmp posted:

Balance changes for multiplayer did not mesh with the campaign

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
I played that game for the first time last year and boy was it an experience. There was a mission I remember I had to repeat multiple times before I finally beat it just because I was getting wrecked constantly. Basically brute forced it to completion.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
Speaking of command and conquer when are we getting more remasters?? I want to get to Red Alert 2 already

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Hwurmp posted:

I dunno like 2007?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Benagain posted:

hell yeah, keep at it. beating margit for the first time is a very satisfying experience.

Subjunctive posted:

I beat Margit on my second attempt as a caster, amazing myself, and then proceeded to suck utter poo poo on basically everything else after. Panic rolling, always with the greedy extra swing that some dark knight punishes savagely, picking the absolute worst fights, and I have never parried a thing intentionally (just lucky late blocking).

Amazing game and I loved it, need to go back to it for sure.

Snackmar posted:

They really did something to the formula that makes it works.. I nearly bounced off of the game completely after dying to some wolves a bunch of times (I had no previous Souls experience), but once the controls clicked I couldn't stop playing (and have since 100%'d it on PS5 and PC).

What really strikes me is that something like over 70% of players have stuck with it and beaten Margit, which really, really speaks to how effective the difficult-but-fair (and fun) design is. I can't name another game that has such a large player base of different experience levels willing to say gently caress it I'm gonna beat that boss and bang their heads against a wall over and over until the mechanics finally click (and believe me, Margit took many goddamn attempts for me to beat)

Margit is so much drat fun to fight even though he can destroy me instantly. I'm playing as a sword n' shield classic and having a lot of fun - and a friend said to me "if you meet him and don't ragequit at the difficulty and instead like learning what he's trying to teach you, this game is for you" and they're RIGHT

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
A vtuber is just someone who streams games but is bad at them so they use an anime avatar as a distraction technique

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Hwurmp posted:

I have been told to give you this: https://www.moddb.com/mods/cnc-3-original-campaign-balance-patch

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Kane Lives

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

StrixNebulosa posted:

Margit is so much drat fun to fight even though he can destroy me instantly. I'm playing as a sword n' shield classic and having a lot of fun - and a friend said to me "if you meet him and don't ragequit at the difficulty and instead like learning what he's trying to teach you, this game is for you" and they're RIGHT

:hmmyes: I bounced hard off of every souls game and souls-like since DS1, but the open world really changed that for me. I have complaints about ER (its too goddamn long and i was supremely checked out by Farum Azula), but very few games capture the stranger-in-a-dangerous-land vibe I've loved so much since Morrowind.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

StrixNebulosa posted:

"if you meet him and don't ragequit at the difficulty and instead like learning what he's trying to teach you, this game is for you" and they're RIGHT

I honestly could not tell you quite what I learned from Margit, and it took more tries as a dual-wielding melee sort when I restarted, but insanely fun.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Margit's teaching you to use your dang spirit ashes

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Well I definitely learned that.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Anyone said "Elden Snore" yet?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Also! While I'm on a roll:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2117930/Drakkon_World_Builder/

Drakkon World Builder is on sale for 2.39$ and I think it's really cool. It's not so much a game as a map and dungeon generator, and it works beautifully with some PC solo rpg writing. It has built in oracles, dice rollers, etc - all kinds of useful tools for "I want to sit down and write a little adventure".

It has different tile sets and other neat stuff too - I'm really happy I found it, it's been nice for just, y'know, some creativity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

The 7th Guest posted:

lol someone trying android market tactics on steam

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1763446944460947827

What the gently caress Valve? Jesus.

God drat their store is absolute trash now.