Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

You mean like, laying the bar on the table and then wedging your fingertips down into the groove backed by the tabletop? Rather than holding the bar aloft in both hands?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Finally someone figured out the mystery behind the strange, enigmatic grooves in bars of chocolate!

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Roblo posted:

There is a brand of fancy chocolate in the UK called Tony's (it's pretty drat good) but the grooves are really random/all over the shop and it it makes it really annoying to break off a piece. Stop trying to be random Tony, let me eat your delicious chocolate normally.

Oh yeah, we have that too and the random grooves are the reason I don't buy it anymore.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Wait are we talking about the snickers dick vein?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Just give me a block of chocolate and let me cut it with my wakizashi like a man

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I would simply buy excuisite pralines.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Chocolatiers are monsters who commonly profile the grooves for form over function. Their bars break inconsistently more often than not.

I hate to hand it to the Germans, but their brands like Ritter Sport do it right.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
I had no idea that Tony's had that strange shape. I've thought about buying some for years and never have, and this whole time something sick has been lying there under the wrapper.

I also wish someone would make baking chocolate where the grooves are actually thin enough to work :mad:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Platystemon posted:

Chocolatiers are monsters who commonly profile the grooves for form over function. Their bars break inconsistently more often than not.

I hate to hand it to the Germans, but their brands like Ritter Sport do it right.

Maybe I'm having a Mundelo moment but didn't Ritter Sport used to have a "random" lay-out? It's been IDK 30 years since I had one so maybe it was something else.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I saw Tony's chocolate at Target in the US recently.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

deoju posted:

I saw Tony's chocolate at Target in the US recently.

OK :confused:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Maybe I'm having a Mundelo moment but didn't Ritter Sport used to have a "random" lay-out? It's been IDK 30 years since I had one so maybe it was something else.

Ritter has been 4x4 for at least 40 years

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Athletes need their sports chocolate to be more balanced in shape

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Faustian Bargain posted:

why would you eat a chik fil a spicy chicken sandwich when the popeye’s spicy chicken sandwich is better?

that’s the unbelievable part of the story

There’s a Popeyes across the street from the Chik fil A in my town. The line for Chik fil A blocks traffic while the Popeyes is near empty. It’s not about the food.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It is the destiny of America for the warring religious factions ultimately to be manifested in fast food chains

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

When I was like 7, before I figured out the proper way, I'd jam my finger in the groove and press against the thin bit, which would, eventually, messily, separate the pieces. Best I can tell, there are adults who do this and insist it is the easiest way, despite how easily disproven that claim is.

I can only wonder how they get juice from an orange.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Huh maybe it was like a store-brand knock-off or something. I'm sure it was of a similar size and aspect ratio.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Roblo posted:

There is a brand of fancy chocolate in the UK called Tony's (it's pretty drat good) but the grooves are really random/all over the shop and it it makes it really annoying to break off a piece. Stop trying to be random Tony, let me eat your delicious chocolate normally.

It's Dutch. And the white chocolate and raspberry is amazing

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

3D Megadoodoo posted:

aspect ratio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_GFzFqyaRc

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
Tony's chocolonely bars kick rear end specifically because they don't have the grooves. they're thick and unwieldy and delicious. the grooves would just be some shrinkflation poo poo

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Whatever method is used I’m sure occurs in black and white and they throw up their hands in frustration saying there HAS to be a better way

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I should have quoted this...

Roblo posted:

There is a brand of fancy chocolate in the UK called Tony's
I was saying that this candy is available outside the UK.

deoju has a new favorite as of 15:22 on Mar 1, 2024

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Ghost Leviathan posted:

a hammer, duh

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Data Graham posted:

Whatever method is used I’m sure occurs in black and white and they throw up their hands in frustration saying there HAS to be a better way

it's a simpsons reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viejY6UZ5Bk&t=40s

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lazy_Liberal posted:

shrinkflation

- This 200-gram chocolate is actually smaller?
- Smaller than what?
- poo poo the gently caress off!

(There was some mild kalabalık over FAZER HAS SHRUNKED THE CHOCOLATES FROM 200g TO 180g!?!?!? THIS IS WHAT THE GREENO-RED WOKEWHORES AHVE DONE TO US!! a while back, but really what it was is some chocolates contain ingredients that aren't as dense/heavy as chocolate so yeah chocolate with cookie crumbs or something will weigh a bit less. They were all 170g not that long ago anyway.)

deoju posted:

I was saying that this candy is available outside the UK.

Oh sure, it's available globally as far as I can tell.

e: not on-topic but I just found out they make slap on the ear -flavoured chocolate:

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 15:31 on Mar 1, 2024

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

3D Megadoodoo posted:

e: not on-topic but I just found out they make slap on the ear -flavoured chocolate:

Don't bother. It’s very ordinary.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
I saw Tony in a big bed with my wife.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Annabel Pee posted:

I saw Tony in a big bed with my wife.

But was his layout asymmetrical?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Creature posted:

Don't bother. It’s very ordinary.

Well I wasn't going to buy it. Who can afford chocolate in 2024?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Platystemon posted:

e: I should have some Marabou.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Roblo posted:

this is what the toffee hammer is for.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

In which we note one major drawback of our product's form, but brush it aside with a joke!

If you don't use a scale for baking, though, you're just a FOOL

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Goa Tse-tung posted:

They even have instructions on the package for how to open the package (2 suggested methods) AND break it apart.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Is that supposed to be a map of London or something

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Tony's selling point is that they try to use as little slavery in their chocolate as possible

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

Gort posted:

Tony's selling point is that they try to use as little slavery in their chocolate as possible

webpage posted:

Last year we found 387 cases of illegal child labour and remediated 221.

What does that mean about the remaining 166 cases?

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

Gort posted:

A little a slavery, for a treat

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Also lol at virtue signaling yet still being complicit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

jjack229 posted:

What does that mean about the remaining 166 cases?

That's only 57%, Tony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I'm seriously blown away by people who must have seen TV commercials for candy bars at some point in their lives where the people in the commercial break a candy bar by bending it in half with both hands and then continuing to lay it on a table and press a finger into it. I'm in my late 40s and have never heard of this method of breaking a candy bar until right now. I'm guessing it's something you think of doing as a kid and it just sticks around as you get older