Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Man I already knew Mohg's spear wrecks, but on a str/arc build where it's getting the full benefit of both scaling and with bleed gear, it's really just incredibly ridiculous. Fighting Mohg at a much lower level than I normally do was also really great because it's my favorite boss fight so having to grind through 10 or so attempts was a pleasure.

That last 1/5th of his healthbar has gotta be the toughest part of any health bar in this game to actually get down, if you aren't cheesing him at least. He's just so extraordinarily dangerous in his 2nd phase once you start getting low on healing. Nothing weaker than Astel, including Niall, could even force me to stop NIHILing long enough to heal before they dropped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I like when he yells "NI'HIL!"

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

El Pollo Blanco posted:

I for one fully support the marvel-isation of the final fantasy universe

much better: the finalfantasiation of the MCU

The Fantastic 4 take a road trip

Iron Man kills God As A Concept

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Al! posted:

i hope it all turns out the last ff7 game ends with squall waking up from a strange dream

this could work if you switch it to ultimecia

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
still just stuck dicking around hoovering up loot in the outer zones in pacific drive, maybe i should finally try to move inward

man the only flaw so far is it really just needs like an extra 6 tracks, and an art bell station. otherwise it's a flawless 10/10 GOAT

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Cuttlefush posted:

the battletech game was all right

It was good, actually, and I played it for so many hours up until someone suggested I try mods for it and it completely broke game balance and made it very not fun

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

mods suck

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1763446944460947827?t=tFFj2LevhkGnZwjqRP3jcQ&s=19

Love to see scam economy practices bleeding (more so) into gaming

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

BONGHITZ posted:

mods suck
banned for sass

unless you're talking like a 25 year old game like deus ex and freespace 2 where people are modding in insane contents and contemporary qol stuff (like gmdx) and fixing bugs, then generally, yes.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

El Pollo Blanco posted:

I for one fully support the marvel-isation of the final fantasy universe

buddy kingdom hearts existed long before the MCU

...wait, comic crossovers were before that.

where did it all begin!? :psyduck:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

crepeface posted:

buddy kingdom hearts existed long before the MCU

...wait, comic crossovers were before that.

where did it all begin!? :psyduck:

you can argue that the whole spread of deities around the mediterranean during antiquity was one huge crossover event

isis got around

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Xaris posted:

still just stuck dicking around hoovering up loot in the outer zones in pacific drive, maybe i should finally try to move inward

man the only flaw so far is it really just needs like an extra 6 tracks, and an art bell station. otherwise it's a flawless 10/10 GOAT

get a pair of bone conduction headphones and play some art bell.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

i thought this guy deleted all his videos. glad to have them back

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lol @ steam letting you dupe names and not even having a human check. honestly dont know what the game plan was, steam doesnt give you the money immediately iirc

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Homeless Friend posted:

lol @ steam letting you dupe names and not even having a human check. honestly dont know what the game plan was, steam doesnt give you the money immediately iirc

The plan was to see how far Valve's apathy could take you.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Augus posted:

lol the mood whiplash there is very classic FF7

I laughed out loud when the queens blood tutorial came up

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Ok I've played more Hogwart'd legacy. The game is too long and suffers from ubisoft bloat causiny some of the shine is wearing off. A lot of the stuff in the game is still really good, but there are too many sideQuests that reward you with crap.

Too many open world activities to do too. I shouldn't be able to have the in-game challenges for open world activites be completed and still have half the map to explore. Too much poo poo that does not matter and not enough of the fun things like the Too Friendly Knight who meet his demise by making eye contact with a Basilisk.

The game world is still really well crafted and fun to look at. Some of the side Quests are funny or interesting. Main questline is fine and i still havent run into the "blood libel" thing. I do like the room of requirement stuff except for the timers. The combat is unique and still fun to engage with.

Overall I still think it is 1 of the best ubisoft open world games made so far. For better or worse. Maybe once I finish I can give it a final grade but at the moment I want to give it a 9 if you ignore the extra sideactivies or an 8 if you are a completionist.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Boomer negative attention bait

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I got to finally play Helldippers last night and yeah I can see the appeal. It's offering something different than other 4 player shooters. The strategems mechanic makes me feel like I'm a kid playing Final Fantasy VI and putting in Blitz codes again

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm glad you're having fun with your nazi game :)

e: that wasn't intended to be about Helldivers but it works there too lmao

I had a rough day at work yesterday and spent last night smoking weed and watching speedruns instead of playing more Chained Echoes. I didn't even know they made mainline Mega Man games for PS1 and have been up and down on MM8 from what I'm seeing of it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
oh, "chained" echoes?? And I'M the Nazi?!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Ok I've played more Hogwart'd legacy. The game is too long and suffers from ubisoft bloat causiny some of the shine is wearing off. A lot of the stuff in the game is still really good, but there are too many sideQuests that reward you with crap.

Too many open world activities to do too. I shouldn't be able to have the in-game challenges for open world activites be completed and still have half the map to explore. Too much poo poo that does not matter and not enough of the fun things like the Too Friendly Knight who meet his demise by making eye contact with a Basilisk.

The game world is still really well crafted and fun to look at. Some of the side Quests are funny or interesting. Main questline is fine and i still havent run into the "blood libel" thing. I do like the room of requirement stuff except for the timers. The combat is unique and still fun to engage with.

Overall I still think it is 1 of the best ubisoft open world games made so far. For better or worse. Maybe once I finish I can give it a final grade but at the moment I want to give it a 9 if you ignore the extra sideactivies or an 8 if you are a completionist.

Sounds fun hoot

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Got my BG2 party out of the Underdark, only to forget that I had a quest mod installed that sends me straight back there.

I will finish this drat game this time if it kills me. And it will. (It's honestly only going this slow at this point because I'm splitting time between it, Baba Is You, and Grim Dawn right now).

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

docbeard posted:

Got my BG2 party out of the Underdark, only to forget that I had a quest mod installed that sends me straight back there.

I will finish this drat game this time if it kills me. And it will. (It's honestly only going this slow at this point because I'm splitting time between it, Baba Is You, and Grim Dawn right now).

Man I tried BG1-2 with mods and it just turned the games into slogs or messed with the pacing every time. Best of luck to you.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

evilmiera posted:

Man I tried BG1-2 with mods and it just turned the games into slogs or messed with the pacing every time. Best of luck to you.

I'm definitely pruning things back a little next time I do this. There were some I really wanted to try out though, and I don't really regret it (mostly).

My party is hilariously overleveled though to the point where I can just sleepwalk through most encounters even running SCS (which honestly is adding a bit to the tedium, if/when I play through again I'm definitely scaling XP rewards back).

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
woke up this morning remembering the time when i was going home half drunk after a party and a huge crowd of people was gathered outside madison square garden (da nets baby love da nets), and i decided to do the creepy assassin's creed maneuver where you just gently push people out of your way by the shoulders. the funny thing is that bitch really worked to clear a path quickly and nobody even yelled or tried to take a swing at me

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

the nets don't play in Madison Square Garden :colbert:

I do think the Assassin's Creed crowd-part would probably play better in New York than in many other big cities. Like, in Europe, if you are in a crowd and someone touches you, they have just stolen your wallet

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

"nazi terf game" reaction might have been overblown i just didn't buy or pirate the harry potter game the same i wouldn't read a childrens book, or go to a children's movie, or watch nick jr. by myself. just feels creepy

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Al! posted:

"nazi terf game" reaction might have been overblown i just didn't buy or pirate the harry potter game the same i wouldn't read a childrens book, or go to a children's movie, or watch nick jr. by myself. just feels creepy

actually it's rated T for Teens

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Rolled credits on Cult of the Lamb last night....game good. Any recs for other roguelikes with progression like this or Hades?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Deified Data posted:

Rolled credits on Cult of the Lamb last night....game good. Any recs for other roguelikes with progression like this or Hades?

if you haven't played dead cells yet, it's the most satisfying action rl out there besides hades and just has a poo poo ton of progression, some would say maybe too much progression

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Deified Data posted:

Rogue Legacy 2 is fine, not the best of the genre, but more of the genre.

Against the Storm is roguelike progression in an optimizable StarCraft build order simulator.

Gnorp Apolog is a cute idle clicker thingy. Very fun math tricks and cute atari aesthetics. Full game is like 20 active hours with an overnight idle thrown in. Each run is like an hour or two to check out how whatever perks affect the math on your number.

What was the progression mechanic that you liked in Cult of Lamb? I saw it come out, but I didn't stick around to watch a run.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Deified Data posted:

i loved enter the gungeon. twinstick roguelite shooter with dodge rolling and a million guns. very satisfying. exit the gungeon fuckin sucked though
nuclear throne is also an amazing twinstick roguelite but the progression there is basically just unlocking new characters and getting special starting weapons

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

I didn't think about it, but the combat really is just assassins creed if they had to make it wand based huh. Sort of simplistic slop. I couldn't give a drat about the game after they let you free because the HP universe doesn't have the charm for me. Maybe I'll try on the 4k as some point. I can't believe how far theyve dumpstered the basics of the AC formula so now that I think about it. Just give us a world where you can run on roofs for 2 hours and do ez counters to see a man riposted magnificently for god sakes.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

I didn't think about it, but the combat really is just assassins creed if they had to make it wand based huh. Sort of simplistic slop. I couldn't give a drat about the game after they let you free because the HP universe doesn't have the charm for me. Maybe I'll try on the 4k as some point. I can't believe how far theyve dumpstered the basics of the AC formula so now that I think about it. Just give us a world where you can run on roofs for 2 hours and do ez counters to see a man riposted magnificently for god sakes.

that assassin's creed vr game is pretty deece if only because they let you do aerial assassins from the toppest rope

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

The Harry Potter "universe" doesn't really make sense outside the context of the suburbs and the places that are in the books imo. There are just, like, all these goblin barbarian camps out in the wilderness of... 20th-century-era England? And nobody notices?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Deified Data posted:

DQ Builders 2, Noita, Moonlighter

If you specifically like the base building, Raft is a lot of fun and has a story though it doesn't look it would

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

loquacius posted:

The Harry Potter "universe" doesn't really make sense outside the context of the suburbs and the places that are in the books imo. There are just, like, all these goblin barbarian camps out in the wilderness of... 20th-century-era England? And nobody notices?

It's like that dumb racist story about the native Americans not being able to see euro ships because they couldn't conceive of a boat that big, if you don't know goblins should be in the woods you don't know to look for them

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

loquacius posted:

Comic book guy post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

loquacius posted:

Next to the children no less, the posh academy! This is like the magical USC campus.