Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Miro is super weird to me because there's always gonna be a part of me that really likes the guy because he has such awesome presence but it's nuts how much of a pain this one guy can be. And if you ignore social media, the stop-start nature of all of his programs is frustrating enough on its own. Even Malakai Black, for all the bits about him not having a singles run, shows out in multimans and had that fantastic cage match with FTR and Danny.

Miro's match with Hobbs was awesome. CJ Perry's debut was awesome. I actually like CJ a lot and it's a shame she had the infection so quickly after joining. She was very likable and interesting on Hey EW and she's a solid manager. But something about Miro just does not consistently click with AEW despite all best efforts. Oh well!

I don't like the cj stuff because it was just a watered down version of the cuck stuff in wwe which was also poo poo. Sometimes AEW and Tony needs to just do the obvious thing. CJ and Miro should just be a team and run rough shot on people and enjoy each other's company. Basically what Johnny TV and Taya are doing in ROH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

CJ debuted wearing a weird big blazer, not sure why.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

keithy george posted:

CJ debuted wearing a weird big blazer, not sure why.

Co-promotional opportunity with the Talking Heads

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

should've doubled down on it. david byrne = ratings

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Miro: "and you may find yourself in my beautiful house, with my beautiful wife"

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

It's because whenever Miro's on screen the stories stop making sense

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Sticky Nate posted:

Miro: "and you may find yourself in my beautiful house, with my beautiful wife"

and he cucks my wiife

while i post on twitter

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Jericho stop doing Danielson's gimmick. You can't hang.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
Man, I haven't been able to give a poo poo about Miro for ten years it feels like. Just a Cena job guy. A complete never-was.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Is it just me, or is Tony expecting AEW fans to follow literally all the wrestling (Including WWE)?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The man called M posted:

Is it just me, or is Tony expecting AEW fans to follow literally all the wrestling (Including WWE)?

It's you.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i dont know what thats in response to or meant to imply op

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

post hole digger posted:

i dont know what thats in response to or meant to imply op

Like for example, when that El Vikingo guy was having a match on Dynamite, and Tony mentioned blocking people asking, "Who the hell is he?"

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

drat that match was sick

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The man called M posted:

Like for example, when that El Vikingo guy was having a match on Dynamite, and Tony mentioned blocking people asking, "Who the hell is he?"

Is this something Tony Khan said somewhere or something Tony Schiavone said on commentary?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The man called M posted:

I dont think he expects it, but he certainly makes content for those that do.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

All wrestling is full of people you don't know until you do.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

You gotta just watch the match

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

What compelled you to bring up an offhand comment that may or may not have actually been said in reference to a match from 12 months ago

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Jackie D posted:

What compelled you to bring up an offhand comment that may or may not have actually been said in reference to a match from 12 months ago

it’s funny

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

All wrestling is full of people you don't know until you do.

Lucha Underground was the last time I had this feeling since I was a kid. I was like who is this skeleton ninja guy breaking everyones arms and then I was like man this skeleton ninja guy rules he breaks everyones arms!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I will never forgive whoever it was on Dark commentary that kept mixing up Shunma and MAO. You fuckers, Takeshita finally backdoored 37KAMIINA into AEW and you don't even look close enough to realise one of them had their name on their gear in big letters

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
Even if you hadn't heard of him before, him having a big showcase match against Kenny Omega on live TV tells you what you need to know, he's a high level competitor from another promotion coming in to have an exhibition against one of AEWs top guys. If that isn't enough justification in-storyline for someone to get into a match I guess I guess I get it, but cmon

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The arcade brawl was fun and his TNT run was okay including the match with Darby but while I liked those it's clearly not worth the hassle at this point

I really liked his TNT run and the surrounding God promos, but that's about it. I never saw much in him in WWE either. Lana was the star. I missed his early best man run in AEW but it sounds like it was good. He's a fine wrestler, but I wouldn't say he's more than big man passable. Brian Cage, Powerhouse, and Wardlow are as good or better than he is at being meat.

Of the malcontents he's not as good as Andrade or Malakai and frankly none of those guys are worth the trouble either. There's plenty of guys who are way better than they are and bust their rear end almost every week like Orange, Mox, Claudio, Garcia, and the list goes on. Who needs em?

Just drop those guys and Buddy Murphy too. In my mind House of Black is already Julia Hart and her muscle Brody King.

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023

The man called M posted:

I remember not knowing who El Vikingo was, then I saw him do the Sonic Homing Attack to Kenny Omega thru a table and I was like 'Ah, he's awesome, that's who Vikingo is.'

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

They should do video packages on guys before they debut in a match because it gets them over and there’s no downside and it’s fairly easy to do (i edit video professionally). There’s never a reason to not try to get someone over as much as possible if they’re wrestling a top guy and have a history somewhere.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Eat My Fuc posted:

They should do video packages on guys before they debut in a match because it gets them over and there’s no downside and it’s fairly easy to do (i edit video professionally). There’s never a reason to not try to get someone over as much as possible if they’re wrestling a top guy and have a history somewhere.

But they do that and people bitch about it and pretend they didn't do it anyway

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Eat My Fuc posted:

it’s fairly easy to do (i edit video professionally).

Judging by most wrestling packages, it isn’t fairly easy

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

When I watch the Olympics I spend the whole time complaining that I've never heard of any of the athletes. I'm incapable of enjoying anything at all.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Judging by most wrestling packages, it isn’t fairly easy

Not for someone who isn’t doing it for work but the software these days is amazing it takes an hour ehat once took days

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Sticky Nate posted:

When I watch the Olympics I spend the whole time complaining that I've never heard of any of the athletes. I'm incapable of enjoying anything at all.

That's why the Olympics are mostly video packages about the athletes

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

That's why the Olympics are mostly video packages about the athletes

Olympics always has a sick entrance so you automatically know that these people are a big deal

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Real Olympics fans getting mad that the casuals still don't know who Trinidad and Tobago are.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i’m supposed to know about ancient greece to understand why there’s a torch out there???

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Eat My Fuc posted:

Not for someone who isn’t doing it for work but the software these days is amazing it takes an hour ehat once took days

I edit for a living and I’d say it’s easier then ever to edit in a technical level for sure but that doesn’t mean what you’ll get is good.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
its almost as if, once you get past technical skills, editing is in fact an art.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

which program do you use? The last really nice one I used was precis when I worked at KPLC but that was 2013.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Right I agree but like AEWhas the resources to hire the best so a slick video package on demand would be an easy ask for them.

I use premiere resolve and avid mostly. some small time apps too for specific ideas. we’ve come a long way even the free stuff like picsart can be remarkable in the right hands