Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

ultraviolence123 posted:

https://bogbody1.bandcamp.com/album/neanderthal

Ultra meathead slam. The Alex Jones sample at the beginning kills me.

cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

The new disc by Sickening is absolutely crushing
https://amputatedveinrecords.bandcamp.com/album/the-death-king

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

drat this is a pretty sick lineup. And unsurprisingly, similar to other festivals that have been announced recently. Motley Crue closing out Sunday night with Vince Neil in his current terrible state is pretty lackluster though. And also no Mick Mars. I've never seen them before so I'll probably enjoy it, but it brings me memories of last year when Axel Rose was loving terrible when GNR closed Aftershock 2023.
Got my daughter and I weekend passes to this for her Christmas present. Gonna be great, as long as I don't get my brand new phone stolen again.

https://x.com/AFTERSHOCKSAC/status/1762930615589159364?s=20

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Mother loving scars on broadway

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
I thought static x died

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Oh wow, Gel and Soul Glo are in that lineup.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

drat this is a pretty sick lineup. And unsurprisingly, similar to other festivals that have been announced recently. Motley Crue closing out Sunday night with Vince Neil in his current terrible state is pretty lackluster though. And also no Mick Mars. I've never seen them before so I'll probably enjoy it, but it brings me memories of last year when Axel Rose was loving terrible when GNR closed Aftershock 2023.
Got my daughter and I weekend passes to this for her Christmas present. Gonna be great, as long as I don't get my brand new phone stolen again.

Im a big Crue fan and modern Crue is a fun experience if you know what youre getting into. Vince is...Vince, Nikki is high energy but pre-recorded. When I saw them on their final tour with Mick, both he and Tommy were playing live (or their sound engineer mixed in a mistake once or twice and fooled me), not backing tracks. Its still a fun show (and emphasis on SHOW rather than like a music-focused concert).

I haven't seen them with John 5 and I frankly think what they did to Mick was really lovely but John 5 himself has serious chops so if id go see him with them if i got the chance.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

I thought static x died

New singer wears a mask of the dead one which tbh is very respectful in a very numetal edgelord way

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
that aftershock fest is overlapping with California Deathfest 7, the fest they said was never coming back but now has Dismember and Sodom

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

On the topic of Vintersorg. Mr V himself posted on Instagram about doing some rehearsals with the band. Here's hoping for some live shows again.

Vintersorg and Borknagar are my last two on the list of "my most lifelong loved bands I need to see live".

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i think i saw borknagar live at mdf 2019 but there may have been someone else playing or maybe i was passed out. it could be any of those 3 scenarios.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

I thought static x died

yeah, ya push it

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i think i saw borknagar live at mdf 2019 but there may have been someone else playing or maybe i was passed out. it could be any of those 3 scenarios.

borknagar more like motherfuckin dorknagar

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
i just checked, there's no way i would've seen borknagar, there was devourment then mortician playing at the other stage.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Nice piece on the Power Trip comeback. Sounds like they have the family’s blessing after starting off on the wrong foot and worked out a deal to get royalties to Riley’s charity.

https://www.npr.org/2024/02/28/1234457090/power-trip-returns-reshaped-by-loss

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

This is entrapment

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Henchman of Santa posted:

Nice piece on the Power Trip comeback. Sounds like they have the family’s blessing after starting off on the wrong foot and worked out a deal to get royalties to Riley’s charity.

https://www.npr.org/2024/02/28/1234457090/power-trip-returns-reshaped-by-loss

this is good news and a nice outcome

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
New EP from Riders of Rohan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1twJ7fLhJ4

It's loving good as hell, as was their debut from '22

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

https://youtu.be/EsX2NOF2UkE?si=SZyCdm3fJyTWJMry

Jari made a infomercial for the Time II pre order.

It's so weird. It's got a real weird vibe to it. It's really like an old infomercial you would see late at night.

I'll probably checkout the album when it's out. But I'll pass on 5 hours of old demos lol

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Malaria posted:

It's so weird. It's got a real weird vibe to it. It's really like an old infomercial you would see late at night.

I'll probably checkout the album when it's out. But I'll pass on 5 hours of old demos lol

lmao Jari is such a loving weirdo

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Finns get incredibly uncomfortable outside the sauna.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I find Jari really endearing, he’s just living his best life.
Holy poo poo I just looked up the time package contents and this is on the list:
4. Loneliness (Winter) 12:54 *All clean vocals version
One of my absolute faves, insta buy for me!

remigious fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Mar 1, 2024

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice

Malaria posted:

Yeah, I was about to post this. Excited for the new album, and five hours of demos and early stuff, but the video is so awkward. Jari doesn't seem to blink much during his sales pitch, which is intense. Also, his excitement at revealing the box set name as TIME PACKAGE was great too. Inspiring! New stuff does sound great though and I gotta admire how he just keeps going.

henpod fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Mar 1, 2024

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
It took Teemu literally joining Megadeth to light a fire under Jari's rear end

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Keep in mind I love Jari and am glad he can just create these insane albums, genuine weirdos are good for society.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
I liked the parts with other band members in a deadpan Finnish way saying what an incredible journey it was, how excited they are, and how the experience will be incredible :regd09:. That aside, very excited, it's not often new Wintersun comes a knockin.

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man

henpod posted:

I liked the parts with other band members in a deadpan Finnish way saying what an incredible journey it was, how excited they are, and how the experience will be incredible :regd09:. That aside, very excited, it's not often new Wintersun comes a knockin.

I wonder if they are actually playing on the album at all? Maybe Hahto's drum parts (since they were recorded back in 2006) but that's it. Didn't they do this same kind of infomercial show for the last crowdfunding campaign and then everyone realized the Forest Seasons album was just Jari doing everything, with the bass and drums being some midi instruments etc. All of these videos just seem like Jari is holding them hostage/they just did him one last favor over the weekend before going back to their actually active bands.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

It pains me to see my beloved Anthrax listed below loving Breaking Benjamin.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Friday new stuff

Firewind on non-BC, power trad
Haunt, trad
Messiah, thrash
Devastator, black thrash
Opera Magna on non-BC, symphonic power
Cabinet, war
Misotheist on non-BC, bm
Lunar Spells, bm
Volcandra, melodic blackened death
Pestilential Shadows, bm
Clouds Taste Satanic, stoner doom
Sněť / Sequestrum split, dm/goregrind
Kiuas on non-BC, pm
Ilat Mahru, bm
Embrace of Souls on non-BC, pm
Celestial Sword, bm, dungeon synth
Bruce Dickinson solo album on non-BC, trad
Ministry, industrial
Convulsing, blackened death
Fathomless Ritual, tech death
Saturnalia Temple on non-BC, doom
Pelican, post-metal
Sentry on non-BC, uspm
Etoile Filante, atmoblack
Uzlaga, atmoblack
Blazar, sludgy doom
Profane Burial, symphonic black
A Somber Funeral, atmoblack
Angmodnes, funeral doom
Vorus, dm
Moonoises, post-metal
Azell, doom
Mastery of Blasphemy, bm
Eternal, dm
Cranial Bifurcation, slam

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

i respect haunt for putting out a perfectly okay trad album every loving year

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

They also throw a record release party for each one and have better bands open which is usually a good time

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

"Clouds Taste Satanic" is a hell of a name

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Couple more:

Cuttered Flesh - Brutal Tech (preview)
Artificial Language - Prog Metal
A Somber Funeral - Atmo/melo Black
Genital Shame Black/Experimental, OMB
Oldspeak - Atmo/Doom
In Depths of Winter - Funeral Doom (preview)
The Bleak Picture - Doom (preview)

2024 is shaping up to be a good year for metal.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Ultra stupid meathead slam here. It's excellent.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Killingyouguy! posted:

So is Moo Noises

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Killingyouguy! posted:

definitely got a laugh out of me

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
still blows me away how much power metal is just not on bandcamp

is it because they're all on nuclear blast these days or is it because they're all 60 year old dudes.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Yeah I think a lot of them are just on labels that don't have a bandcamp presence. When I want to buy pm CDs it's always on some lovely looking european website instead of a bandcamp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Nazzadan posted:

Yeah I think a lot of them are just on labels that don't have a bandcamp presence. When I want to buy pm CDs it's always on some lovely looking european website instead of a bandcamp

:yeah:
Bandcamp is just not that big in Europe.