Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Amongst the poo dribbling down his leg I don't know if I can't be not alarmed at "it's bad that someone got democratically elected last night"

e: I also can't not be alarmed that George loving Galloway is an MP again

Nobody Interesting fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Mar 1, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
It's so pathetically needy. A confident government with an agenda would be brushing this stuff off: Sunak's making it the centrepiece of his premiership.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
pointless speeches was theresa's thing. can't even get his own thing

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

The Question IRL posted:

Putin was....foolish for starting a war that has killed thousands and displaced many more?

I'd personally use a stronger word, like monstrous, but that's just me. Don't like genocides or war crimes, so I don't.

If you're even loosely familiar with The Twelve Caesars you'll know that being evil, mad and foolish are not mutually exclusive. And given the evil and mad poo poo that Putin has got away with already, I'd almost have to go with "pushing it too far with an invasion" being his folly.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Honestly with how dire the alternatives are in Rochdale, the fact that the best option was the world's only transphobic catboy says more about how dire things are for the two mainstream parties. And how badly the lib dems poisoned the well selling out to the tories. And how offensively petit-bourgeoise the English green's* messaging is.

If you don't vote at all they count you on the stats as lazy, and I'm not sure spoiled ballots generally show up either, so voting for the obvious oval office is pretty much the only way of 'sending a message' that will be visible enough in the stats.

It's just grim that people are that angry, and all the media can do in response is go 'ah those bigoted northerners' and then tell them to calm down and stop protesting while doing nothing about the material conditions making them so angry.

* I understand Scot Greens are doing better, having been infiltrated by pod anarchist James.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

This 30p Lee video of him sifting through his office's paper recycling waste has a certain element of Alan Partridge to it. I'm sure those are just flyers at the bottom of the pile that he pulls out
https://twitter.com/LeeAndersonMP_/status/1763607995697553667
:allears:

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Rishi Sunak undercut again. He should have doing a fake mailbag video instead of a podium bit.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Could't even beat the human equivalent of a plate of sick, huh?

Couldn't even lose to the sick plate without publicly dropping trou, huh?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

His speech gets barely a mention in the top right on the BBC front page... the far right one might say....

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Mar 1, 2024

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Pistol_Pete posted:

It's a dying government that's given up trying to achieve anything.

It's full on Republican-style projection. "Democracy is being targeted" from the party that penned totaly unncessary voting ID laws and spent 90% of their time in government stoking culture war issues.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Wills killed Thomas Kingston????

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

serious gaylord posted:

Just another lovers tiff... he was flexible when it came to pegging.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

serious gaylord posted:

No, the palace issued a very strong statement that William's disappearance the other day had absolutely nothing to do with his ex close friend's severe onset gunshot-wound-to-the-head syndrome. It also had absolutely nothing to do with his missing wife either, who is doing absolutely fine and no you can't see her and nobody near her has a camera, so sorry, no photos either.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Bobby Deluxe posted:

And how offensively petit-bourgeoise the English green's* messaging is.

* I understand Scot Greens are doing better, having been infiltrated by pod anarchist James.
I think the Green candidate went on a bit of a BNP rant and got dropped too.

Wait no, on further reading they had decided to be racist a number of years ago.

Manchester Evening News posted:

The Green Party candidate for the Rochdale by-election has 'decided to leave the stage' - following 'regrettable' social medics posts made 'a number of years ago'.

Guy Otten - one of 11 candidates announced last week - said his name will appear on the ballot on February 29, but that he will not be campaigning.

He did not expand on the content of the social media posts, nor did the party.

The retired lawyer and tribunal judge said: "The Green message is too urgent and too important to be distracted by some regrettable social media posts I made a number of years ago. In the interests of the Green Party I have decided to leave the stage.

"As nominations have now closed, my name will still appear on the ballot. However, I will not take part in any media interviews or join any platforms for hustings, and neither will I be involved in any campaigning.

"I am really delighted that the Green Party is on the verge of making major breakthroughs in a number of constituencies in the next general election. Strong Green representation in parliament is needed now more than ever."

A Green Party spokesperson said: "The Rochdale Green Party candidate has said that he has 'decided to leave the stage' following social media posts made some years ago. As nominations have now closed, his name will still appear on the ballot. However, he will not take part in any campaigning between now and polling day.

"We do not comment on disciplinary matters regarding Green Party members. These are internal matters."

So it was a circus all round by the sounds of it, and the sour bollock in a trilby was the best of all possible candidates.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

So what the gently caress was wrong with the Lib Dem candidate?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

fuctifino posted:

No, the palace issued a very strong statement that William's disappearance the other day had absolutely nothing to do with his ex close friend's severe onset gunshot-wound-to-the-head syndrome. It also had absolutely nothing to do with his missing wife either, who is doing absolutely fine and no you can't see her and nobody near her has a camera, so sorry, no photos either.

Kate embraced the light of Allah, like Diana before her, and thus had to be terminated

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Just saw Rishi's speech and disappointed he didn't announce he was planning to resign and give the job to the oompa loompa lady.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

EvilHawk posted:

I guess people still remember?

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

EvilHawk posted:

the national image of the lib dems couldn't be worse, they only exist as a collection of a few local focused candidates these days

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

EvilHawk posted:

They were a Liberal Democrat.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

A significant portion of the electorate in Rochdale are squirrels, and they do not forget.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://x.com/jrc1921/status/1763645885353791791?s=46

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Speaking of utility companies, how often do people send in meter readings? It's been a while since I sent mine in (10 months according to an angry email I just got today from e.on) but since I don't have access to the meter myself (have to get landlord to come around and let me in since it's in a neighbouring property technically) it's bit of a hassle to do.

I should be able to cover even a sizable bill if needed so I'm not too worried about the "back-payment protection" which honestly sounds a bit dodgy to rely on anyway.

e: It's in my neighbours bike shed. I could ask them but last time I did they didn't want to let me in.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Mar 1, 2024

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

"and here you can see some of the atmosphere the people of Rochdale have experienced"

*points at the people of Rochdale*

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I like that he goes out of his way to try to deflect from the fact that the people around him are directly calling him a twat and a bellend

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
lol i mean what else should one do in that situation when you're on tv lol

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

BBC mad

https://twitter.com/scottygb/status/1763622531351638046

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

mediaphage posted:

“The anger here in Rochdale is palpable. Extremely real. I can feel the anger being directed at certain bootlicking lovely Westminster hacks as I stand here in person. There’s no doubt these people are directing their anger at certain individuals”

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

mediaphage posted:

I commend his bravery for daring to approach the braying mob of violent Islamists. I hope he and his crew made it out of the no-go zone safely before someone did a sharia law on them.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

smellmycheese posted:

“The anger here in Rochdale is palpable. Extremely real. I can feel the anger being directed at certain bootlicking lovely Westminster hacks as I stand here in person. There’s no doubt these people are directing their anger at certain individuals”

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

I commend his bravery for daring to approach the braying mob of violent Islamists. I hope he and his crew made it out of the no-go zone safely before someone did a sharia law on them.

lol

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Doing all my best sharia law moves.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Private Speech posted:

Speaking of utility companies, how often do people send in meter readings? It's been a while since I sent mine in (10 months according to an angry email I just got today from e.on) but since I don't have access to the meter myself (have to get landlord to come around and let me in since it's in a neighbouring property technically) it's bit of a hassle to do.

I should be able to cover even a sizable bill if needed so I'm not too worried about the "back-payment protection" which honestly sounds a bit dodgy to rely on anyway.

e: It's in my neighbours bike shed. I could ask them but last time I did they didn't want to let me in.

I do mine weekly and get a bill every week - unless I'm going to be away then I take one the day before I go and another one when I get home again (which should either be zero - other than standing charge - if I've cleaned out the fridge/freezer before I go - or just the cost of the fridge/freezer if I have to leave it on when away). But then my meter is in my flat.
Where I used to live, the meter was in the hairdressing salon downstairs which made it too awkward to do weekly so I tried to do monthly.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

serious gaylord posted:

Doing all my best sharia law moves.
I'm married to four women and have to commute everywhere by bicycle lane :mad:

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

That hack had a bad day. Here he is getting his rear end handed to him by George

https://twitter.com/lowkey0nline/status/1763646769009983870?s=46

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

lol

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Sorry I should have clarified, "Other than being a Lib Dem, what was wrong with the Lib Dem candidate?"

Finishing 5th in a race where the two major parties have basically hosed off is hilariously embarrassing for them.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Muslamic ray guns

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Nobody Interesting posted:

Muslamic ray guns

Jews have space lasers.
Muslims have ray guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

smellmycheese posted:

That hack had a bad day. Here he is getting his rear end handed to him by George

https://twitter.com/lowkey0nline/status/1763646769009983870?s=46

maybe this time the media will notice that it's completely unable to properly hold to account blowhard assholes with the slightest ability to control a conversation and start pondering how it conducts itself. just kidding