Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

No. 6 posted:

She completely ignores the fresh water I put out and instead demands that I turn on the faucet:

They make water dishes for this, try looking for a cat fountain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Those get slimy and weird even with a filter. I am considering the AquaPurr though.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

No. 6 posted:

She completely ignores the fresh water I put out and instead demands that I turn on the faucet:

my cat in her old age literally only will drink from the tap now. its annoying but its something all 5 household members in my house now accommodate her with lol. she sits outside the upstairs bathroom and lets us know when shes thirsty

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Most important consideration in a cat fountain is to get something too heavy for your cat to knock over, as my cat decided to do this morning at 5 AM

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I wonder if it's easier to drink that way? As I understand it adult cats aren't capable of sucking and have to flick water into their mouths with their tongues. Having the water come from a tap would mean they're not working against gravity to do that.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

No. 6 posted:

Good tongue, very flappy.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Tenebrais posted:

I wonder if it's easier to drink that way? As I understand it adult cats aren't capable of sucking and have to flick water into their mouths with their tongues. Having the water come from a tap would mean they're not working against gravity to do that.

It’s also running water. A lot of weird poo poo cats do is because they’re only half domesticated and there’s reasons for it in the wild. Still water gathers bacteria running water is generally safer and cleaner. There’s an evolutionary advantage for the preference

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I used to have one cat that insisted on the sink being on.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

ReelBigLizard posted:

Good tongue, very flappy.

Thank u

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Powerful Katrinka posted:

This post from page one still makes me laugh

it's such a great post, pic and cat

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

my cat is still obsessed with his paper bag, going on month 3 of paper bag nonsense. i had to get him a new one because he drooled all over the old one. but it's the only place he sleeps except for when he wants to sit on a person

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
Pazuzu has a bit of dermatitis on her paw and the vet prescribed an ointment for it. Tragically this means she has to wear her inflatable Victorian collar for an hour and a half after I apply it so she doesn’t lick it all off.

She’s furious.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Cocoa followed me into the bathroom and kept an eye out from the bath tub while I did my business.

Then she fell into the bath tub and immediately played it off.

She also explored our closet.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Anderson Koopa posted:

Cocoa followed me into the bathroom and kept an eye out from the bath tub while I did my business.

Then she fell into the bath tub and immediately played it off.

She also explored our closet.

i have advice for you:

1) take the kid toys out of the bath tub
2) take drugs, and give the cat some too
3) put both the cat and a ping pong ball into the bath tub
4) ????
5) prophet

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

HellOnEarth posted:

Pazuzu has a bit of dermatitis on her paw and the vet prescribed an ointment for it. Tragically this means she has to wear her inflatable Victorian collar for an hour and a half after I apply it so she doesn’t lick it all off.

She’s furious.

I may be more furious (not really) that you post a story about that and don't follow it up with a photo of said cat in their period drama costume!

\/ Apology definitely accepted! \/

Gromit fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Mar 3, 2024

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

Gromit posted:

I may be more furious (not really) that you post a story about that and don't follow it up with a photo of said cat in their period drama costume!

Of course, of course, apologies.

It’s less period drama, and more cyberpunk .

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

HellOnEarth posted:

That's a pretty kitty!

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

he loves paper bag

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I love kitties!!

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Mx. posted:

he loves paper bag

put catnip inside paper bag

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

HellOnEarth posted:

Neo-Victorian then I see, tres punk

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Stole a piece of tofu from the stir fry I made for dinner. Wtf cat, you don't eat tofu!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

deep dish peat moss posted:

I might just be very lucky with my cats or something but whenever they go somewhere I don't want them to be, I just quietly say "no..." while calmly picking them up and putting them somewhere else and they seem to learn pretty quickly and stop going to the places where I don't want them

Cayenne understands the word no just fine. She just doesn't like it.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Fell asleep the weird.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I wish I could sleep that well.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Das Boo posted:

Fell asleep the weird.

Your shag carpet appears to be growing

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

Das Boo posted:

Fell asleep the weird.

In the style of Salvador Dali I see.

Bigchops
Mar 13, 2005
Biggus Choppus
BooBoo discovered how to open the garbage bin and he's in cahoots with the dog. Found BooBoo on the counter gnawing a chicken bone and he had also tossed one to the dog.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Bigchops posted:

BooBoo discovered how to open the garbage bin and he's in cahoots with the dog. Found BooBoo on the counter gnawing a chicken bone and he had also tossed one to the dog.

Time to start keeping the pets inside the trash can and the trash on the floor safely next to them

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe
Pickle went outside for her Morning Poo and it was a bit cold out so she beeped at me and then climbed under the bed covers where she is now cuddling my feet.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
He snuck out to his secret family again. Whoever it is must live really close, because he was only gone for about twenty minutes. Now he's sleeping on my bed

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Anybody ever have a spontaneously bleeding cat before? I’m fostering an old guy (17 years old at best estimate) and he’s been having some weird poo poo happen to him while in my care. I’ve had him for two weeks now and he’s the sweetest boy but there’s some health stuff going on that I’ve never seen before.

Firstly, he needs a rotten tooth removed ASAP and the foster place is reticent to tell me when they’re willing to take care of it, so that’s fun. I’ve booked an appointment to take care of it for this Wednesday but they’re being cagey about letting me go through with it and how much they’re willing to compensate me (or if they’ll even agree to that) because the quote was $800 more than “their usual guy”, who they don’t even have a date set with yet.

He’s obviously in a lot of pain and deals with it by chewing the hell out of one of his back left toes. He’s chewed the fur pretty much completely off. That same foot experienced some random bruising/bleeding last week one day after he had his checkup and nails trimmed at the vet. I assumed this was brought on by some combination of the vet trimming his nails and/or how he chews it so violently, and so I didn’t really think much more of it. He’s a tuxedo cat with white feet so that stuff shines through pretty apparently.

But today he’s suddenly got two open ulcers on his head that A.) weren’t there an hour ago, and B.) likely weren’t caused by my other cat, who herself has been taken mysteriously ill and hasn’t left my bed all day. I’m at a loss here. I am taking my bed-ridden cat to the vet first thing in the morning to see what the hell is going on with her, but can’t take mr tuxedo man at the same time unless it’s approved first by the foster organization. Incredibly confused right now.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Not my cat, staying with a friend, but just look at this magnificent potato.

Baggage Inspector

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

XYZAB posted:

Anybody ever have a spontaneously bleeding cat before? I’m fostering an old guy (17 years old at best estimate) and he’s been having some weird poo poo happen to him while in my care. I’ve had him for two weeks now and he’s the sweetest boy but there’s some health stuff going on that I’ve never seen before.

Firstly, he needs a rotten tooth removed ASAP and the foster place is reticent to tell me when they’re willing to take care of it, so that’s fun. I’ve booked an appointment to take care of it for this Wednesday but they’re being cagey about letting me go through with it and how much they’re willing to compensate me (or if they’ll even agree to that) because the quote was $800 more than “their usual guy”, who they don’t even have a date set with yet.

He’s obviously in a lot of pain and deals with it by chewing the hell out of one of his back left toes. He’s chewed the fur pretty much completely off. That same foot experienced some random bruising/bleeding last week one day after he had his checkup and nails trimmed at the vet. I assumed this was brought on by some combination of the vet trimming his nails and/or how he chews it so violently, and so I didn’t really think much more of it. He’s a tuxedo cat with white feet so that stuff shines through pretty apparently.

But today he’s suddenly got two open ulcers on his head that A.) weren’t there an hour ago, and B.) likely weren’t caused by my other cat, who herself has been taken mysteriously ill and hasn’t left my bed all day. I’m at a loss here. I am taking my bed-ridden cat to the vet first thing in the morning to see what the hell is going on with her, but can’t take mr tuxedo man at the same time unless it’s approved first by the foster organization. Incredibly confused right now.

That sucks you can’t take him unless approved. What would happen if you did anyway??

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Won't stop begging me for a midnight snack of catfood.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Won't stop begging me for a midnight snack of catfood.

Are they not open to being free fed? I just leave food out 24/7 and my cat manages it, completely clean the plate and swap once a week but normally just scooting what he has closest to him then putting more behind it. (He eats off a plate he doesn't like bowls, also round things, it's a square plate, cats are weird.) Obviously if your cat is just going to eat it all until they puke this isn't going to work.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

I have never seen a cat that hates Goods and Services Tax as much as this.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
Pazuzu met her exact double!

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

HellOnEarth posted:

Pazuzu met her exact double!

:lmao:

Adbot