Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

the house wins 99% of the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

AlphaKeny1 posted:

now im curious about these ratings boards and their criteria, or if they just hire people who literally have never played a game before??

If they're like the MPAA they hire people specifically to push an ultra conservative religious agenda and hold developers hostage.

I assume they're at least partially like the MPAA.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

25% of the time it works none of the time

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Popete posted:

the house wins 99% of the time

Not when I shoot him and his robots with a plasma pistol

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I'm tempted to keep a notebook by my desk and record its efficacy vs Gross Michel dying to see if I believe the numbers.

I've had the Wheel fire quite a few times, but it nonetheless feels like way less than 1 in 4, and the idiot Banana is lucky to last two rounds.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Veryslightlymad posted:

I'm tempted to keep a notebook by my desk and record its efficacy vs Gross Michel dying to see if I believe the numbers.

I've had the Wheel fire quite a few times, but it nonetheless feels like way less than 1 in 4, and the idiot Banana is lucky to last two rounds.

just you wait until you have a cavendish die on you

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I ain't even seen that fucker.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Oh hey, QoL patch just dropped. Mostly minor, unless you have a Mac, in which case you can now play the game.

quote:

- Changed Luchador to no longer be compatible with eternal

I can't believe it... I was told that lucha libre will never die...

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

quote:

Changed CRT filter to no longer show flashing green/red lines

Thank goodness. This was doing weird things to my eyes and I did not care for it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Jossar posted:

. Mostly minor, unless you have a Mac, in which case you can now play the game.

Time to never get anything done in work every again 😏😏😏😏😏😏

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
My brother is sick and stuck at home, he messaged me asking if this game was fun.

I'm almost jealous of him

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

When I first started playing I thought it was 1/4 chance per joker because I had a streak of like 9 times where it triggered successfully

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Any challenges worth unlocking on the second page or are all of them "you are linearly worse than base deck and also gently caress you"?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tonfa posted:

Any challenges worth unlocking on the second page or are all of them "you are linearly worse than base deck and also gently caress you"?

the last challenge is no jokers if you really hate yourself

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Imagine how easy the game would be if Wheel of Fortune had the same odds as glass cards and gros michel. Mysteriously those 1 in 4s seem to hit all the drat time.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Doltos posted:

Imagine how easy the game would be if Wheel of Fortune had the same odds as glass cards and gros michel. Mysteriously those 1 in 4s seem to hit all the drat time.

Glass cards only hit if you want to keep them, if you're using them as deck thinning they will never hit.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Veryslightlymad posted:

I'm currently about 1 in 12

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
I've had a banana survive half a game, so I guess I used all my luck on that.

When Brainstorm says copies "leftmost" that means in slot 1 on the far left, right?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

War Wizard posted:

I've had a banana survive half a game, so I guess I used all my luck on that.

When Brainstorm says copies "leftmost" that means in slot 1 on the far left, right?

Yep. If you hover over it there's also a handy little tag saying if the thing you're trying to copy is compatible or not. Blueprint (copy the joker to the right) also has this. Sadly the +hand size joker is not copyable.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Oh my GOD the boss of my run (Crimson something) randomly disables a joker every hand. I bought a joker right before the boss round that retriggers on the final hand of a round every played card from that round. GUESS WHICH CARD THE FUCKER DISABLED ON THE FINAL HAND, LOSING ME THE RUN

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Oh.. other question. If I have +hand size and get a spectral pack, would there be even more cards to choose from or use sigil on?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

War Wizard posted:

Oh.. other question. If I have +hand size and get a spectral pack, would there be even more cards to choose from or use sigil on?

Yes, it uses your current hand size. Same for arcana packs.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

:negative:

edit: I took the risk and dumped my +34 Ride the bus hoping I'd make up for it with other multipliers. It didn't work out.

Elman fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Mar 2, 2024

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I had a Gros Michel go from Ante 2-7.

One day I'm gonna eat one of those things. I hear they still exist.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

RBA Starblade posted:

Space Joker is also a bastardman

I dunno, Space Joker's worked pretty well for me whenever I've tried it; always end up getting a few level-ups out it before I eventually sell it

Edit: Boy do I love getting Riff-Raff after the very first blind

DaveWoo fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Mar 2, 2024

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I once had a hand with 3 face cards and the joker that has a 50% chance for scored faced cards to earn $2 and then the joker that retriggers face cards. None of them hit the $2 payout, which if my memory from stats class is correct is a 1.56% chance.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Just got this game and holy poo poo does it rock.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Popete posted:

I once had a hand with 3 face cards and the joker that has a 50% chance for scored faced cards to earn $2 and then the joker that retriggers face cards. None of them hit the $2 payout, which if my memory from stats class is correct is a 1.56% chance.

I had this happen without the retrigger joker but with 5 face cards (higher at 3.12%, but still) and I about lost my drat mind.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I thought XCOM prepared me for this

All those rookies, dead for nothing

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

it probably says a lot about me as a player that I take blueprint and brainstorm every single time I'm offered them yet have never won a run with either

mystes
May 31, 2006

Relyssa posted:

it probably says a lot about me as a player that I take blueprint and brainstorm every single time I'm offered them yet have never won a run with either
I keep ruining my runs whenever I get the opportunity to create legendary jokers because I just have to take them no matter what

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

First Joker was the one that lets you do a single discard to destroy a card and get $3
Second Joker was the legendary that gets +1X multiplier for each face card you destroy

Easiest run I've had yet.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
Finally won my first run after 5 hours of playing. And I probably played the easiest possible deck (Green)…and got super lucky.

Jokers were:
1. Red Card, which ended up at +63 by the time the run finished because I was able to buy every booster
2. Smeared Joker (Clubs = Spades, Hearts = Diamonds)
3. Gluttonous Joker (+4 per Spade)
4. Fortune Teller (ended up at like +35)
5. Ramen (spent most of the game around 1.8x)
6. Cavendish (of course)

I aggressively got rid of all red cards from the deck, turned as many cards to glass and multi as I could, and had vouchers for +1 hand, celestial packs always have the best card, and some other poo poo. There’s not a lot of strategy when you’re always dealt a flush that starts and multiplier 38 and finishes around 580.

It was very satisfying to have the ante 10 Big Boss be “Diamonds are debuffed” when my deck didn’t have a single diamond :agesilaus:. Would’ve made it past ante 11 if it wasn’t for The Wall, that motherfucker.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Oh boy it was probably a mistake to start climbing stakes with ghost deck. :v:

I'm at whichever one adds eternal jokers and man, whether this deck gives any benefits at all is entirely based on luck. Spectral cards are really good, especially an early hex! Who knows if you'll get to utilize those benefits in any meaningful capacity!

That being said, when it pops off it sure pops off hard.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Every fuckin' time...

EVERY loving TIME!

Onmi fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Mar 2, 2024

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

And there, after pushing the Erratic Deck a bit tonight, that's all decks at Red Stakes or better. Also completed a couple more challenges, though from what I hear, 3/5 of remaining are all the bastards of the earth.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Not game breaking in any way, but this is a very nice tarot engine I made.

Unneeded tarots get sold early ante and good ones feed the fortune teller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
People's reactions to Wheel of Fortune is probably why other video games lie to you about the odds.