Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I have to admit. I saw The Strangers late and didn't really get all the hype. My buddy I watched it with though was begging me to crash on the couch it spooked him so much. So the series is doing something right at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

They're strangers! How much backstory do they need??

lol

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
What's the movie that features kids wearing like animal.masks tormenting people. I think it is german?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

do you guys think doomsday bunker builders are scared of home invasion movies or are they like "nah thatd never happen to me"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

its too bad the trailers spoiled the hell out of it because it kicks rear end

Also that they stole it from A way better movie

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I put off watching Smile until a week or two ago because the trailer made it look terrible. Turns out it's actually not bad

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Opopanax posted:

Also that they stole it from A way better movie

eh, there's a clear similarity but the structure of the scare in smile is pretty different

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I quite like THE NUN, Vera Farmiga's sister is adorable and it's mostly shot on location.

It has some solid retro Euro-Horror vibes. Its main weakness is that it's part of a cinematic universe and needs to tie into that.

I still need to see the Nun 2. I saw some trailers and thought it looked dumb as poo poo and I needed to check it out but life got in the way

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Smile rules :yeah:

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Kvlt! posted:

do you guys think doomsday bunker builders are scared of home invasion movies or are they like "nah thatd never happen to me"

I think for the most part people like that are hoping that the thing they've spent all that time and money preparing for actually happens. They all want to be the Burt Gummer of the situation who shows everyone up by being prepared for something that nobody else was prepared for.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

people that build doomsday bunkers are probably going to be the ones doing the home invading tbh

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

my bunker is for chillin not for doomsday

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I'm building a doomsday bunker, but purely just entertainment.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
It's possible that the guys who stockpile Bakker Buckets hope that they never actually have to eat that poo poo. But they're definitely not stockpiling guns while hoping that they never have to shoot a scary nonwhite person.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

dorium posted:

u wanna come have a movie night in my bunker

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

doomsyay bunker

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Hey let's have a movie night in my bunker. That? Oh that's just my complete Guinea Pig collection.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

"Why don't you come over and hunker in our bunker?" - Ned Flanders

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

dorium posted:

Im building a doomsday bunker to do environmental storytelling

All with my naked skeleton with one foot caught in a drain and my hand reaching towards the towels

Couldnt even cover myself before I died, so embarrassing

E: oh sweet gotta check my Roku when I get home, might have access to Ghostwatch and Orphan First Kill

Phy fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Mar 1, 2024

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Basebf555 posted:

Hey let's have a movie night in my bunker. That? Oh that's just my complete Guinea Pig collection.

literally me

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

its the apocalypse you havent seen entertainment in years you find an abandoned bunker and a working VCR and boom its Mermaid in a Manhole

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m building a bunker for dunesday

Which is today.

It’s a one use bunker filled with the popcorn bucket

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Also renny harlin did those pointless new strangers movies? lol

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

CelticPredator posted:

I’m building a bunker for dunesday

Which is today.

It’s a one use bunker filled with the popcorn bucket

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Men will live like this and see nothing wrong

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

FreudianSlippers posted:

I still need to see the Nun 2. I saw some trailers and thought it looked dumb as poo poo and I needed to check it out but life got in the way
Eh, it's a pass.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This is actually the inside of the popcorn bucket

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I really didn't like the first Strangers. It was established so early on that the strangers had planed for everything and could get in the house whenever they want and there's absolutely nothing the victims could do to fight back. So the bulk of the movie is just waiting for the strangers to finally decide to kill them for whatever reason.

The sequel was like a direct response to my problem with the first one. The victims can actually fight back and it's an exciting back and forth between the strangers and the chose victims, I liked the sequel a lot.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

:perfect:

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

gently caress a bunker. I hope my rear end gets vaporized or eaten by zombies in my sleep. I'd rather just check out than live through the suck rear end post apocalypse.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Watching Ghostwatch, delighted that Craig Charles is in it

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

TheKingslayer posted:

gently caress a bunker. I hope my rear end gets vaporized or eaten by zombies in my sleep. I'd rather just check out than live through the suck rear end post apocalypse.

sorry you suck at apocalypsing but im different

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

its a good companion piece to It Follows

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i really liked the original Strangers didn't like the sequel too much because it turned the strangers super human and generic slashers instead of the normal but very clever murderers they were in the original

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Smile is ok. Only the first girl, the patient of the protagonist actually looks creepy/scary smiling. If they could have dragged her out awhile I’d have like it more.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Smiles just one big mental illness metaphor and the only good scare was spoiled in the trailer. They have a neat head in mouth scene but other than that it's pretty meh.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i like the final scene with the practical effects it was cool

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Thanks for the reminder. I made it to that first scene and had to work or something so I never got around to finishing the movie. No idea how I forgot about it for so long.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

the kids birthday party scene in Smile had me lolling hard at how unbelievably cruel it was. telegraphed it a mile away and I still didn't see it coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Circutron
Apr 29, 2006
We are confident that the Islamic logic, culture, and discourse can prove their superiority in all fields over all schools of thought and theories.
Personally if I had to deal with a manifestation of my mental illness I would simply just use the excuse to hit it with a baseball bat, fucker has it coming. Sorry about your psychiatrist but I'm built different.