Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I love you Nargle please poop you dumb ol' kitty

3.1 pounds? Scoops is 6.4 Nargles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah she basically floats. All fuzz no beef.

She has pretty bad arthritis in her back hips which all kind of ties in - can't clean her bootyhole so good etc - and the doc clued us into a new monoclonal antibody treatment for that

https://www.zoetispetcare.com/products/solensia

One shot every 1-3 months and the head doc said she's seen cats nargle's age turn into playful kittens again after a round or three. We're gonna hit it up

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Jonny 290 posted:

yeah she basically floats. All fuzz no beef.

She has pretty bad arthritis in her back hips which all kind of ties in - can't clean her bootyhole so good etc - and the doc clued us into a new monoclonal antibody treatment for that

https://www.zoetispetcare.com/products/solensia

One shot every 1-3 months and the head doc said she's seen cats nargle's age turn into playful kittens again after a round or three. We're gonna hit it up

Yeah I've heard good things about solensia, it's apparently nearly miraculous in its pain relieving dose.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

nargle take that poo poo

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

also idk if it's just been the lack of other cats for scale but I would never have thought Scoops was a hair over, like, 13 lbs.

you feedin that cat fishing weights or smth

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

FAUXTON posted:

also idk if it's just been the lack of other cats for scale but I would never have thought Scoops was a hair over, like, 13 lbs.

you feedin that cat fishing weights or smth

depleted purranium

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

He's bigger than he lets on and he's also just solid. The vet commented on his density when we came to pick him up from the tooth extraction.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

yeah leon doesn't look like he weighs 16 pounds either but he's all legg and no floof

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Cmon nargle poop the food

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

This photo shows how big his is compared to the other two, who are regular sized and proportioned cats.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Huh, I thought it was orange cats who were the most dense

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Captain Hygiene posted:

Huh, I thought it was orange cats who were the most dense

cheerier new thread title for spring

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Thicc Orange Oscar has never been a big pooper, so much so that I called the shelter after a couple days and was like "does this cat poop?"

it's just kinda his thing, he drinks a lot of water and pees a lot to balance it out

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

feel better grandma Nargle!

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
do the poops nargle

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

someone smarter than me should calculate the physics of s c o o p s propelling himself 9 1/2 feet in the air this week

hi pita its been a while :3:

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

just poop

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

Megabound posted:

He's bigger than he lets on and he's also just solid. The vet commented on his density when we came to pick him up from the tooth extraction.

Bandire posted:

yeah leon doesn't look like he weighs 16 pounds either but he's all legg and no floof

alfred's healthy weight is 13.something pounds (about 6kg) and he also doesn't look it because super long legs, shortish hair, and his torso is just dense

that said i honestly thought scoops must be about the same size as alfred based on the ol' eyeball measuring scale. turns out that poo poo's seriously miscalibrated, scoops hueg. and leon too!

(and alfred, TBH. he's smaller than y'all's behemoths, but still quite a big and strong cat)

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
Come on Nargle, you can do it!

GrimSqueaker
Sep 26, 2011
As Nelis has chronic medication for better pooping, I know the feeling for how much you want your cat to poop.

Please poop Nargle!

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

nargle, please poop all your poop out :pray:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Megabound posted:

Most male Bengals are like that. They carry a lot more muscle than you'd expect for their size. Even slinky Mango.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
RIP Rosie :(

Nargle please take a massive dump.

All other cats carry on catting.

Speaking of which:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

:siren: Rokit is using the scary fountain :siren:

:woop:

HawaiinYeti
Mar 12, 2005

All right, all right. Knock it off. We tried. Whatever.
Grimey Drawer
Well, we’re having a baffling morning today. My mom called at 5am saying she couldn’t find Mocha anywhere in her house. She last saw him before she went to bed and couldn’t find him after she woke up. He’s an indoor only cat, very placid, and easily 20+ lbs, so not much of a hider. Her place is less than 800 sq ft and we’ve torn it apart trying to find him, even places a very large cat would obviously not fit. Under every single piece of furniture, every closet, all cabinets, etc. All of her doors were locked and closed and we didn’t find any other egress. Her other cat, his buddy, isn’t freaking out or indicating where he may be if he’s still inside somewhere. I’ve walked around our property and didn’t find him or any signs of predation anywhere. He just poofed into thin air at some point in the night with no sign of where he went.

We’ve put a can of cat food and some poop from the litter box outside to see if that lures him in if he’s out there, but we’re not even sure of that at this point. Just bizarre.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Mocha demand that the aliens who abducted you take you home RIGHT THIS MINIUTE!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
mocha climb down out of the ceiling and or dryer vent immediately!! it's NOT SAFE

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

That is super weird. That has happened to me a couple times and it makes me panic, but I always find the cat pancaked in some impossibly narrow crevice for some reason. It's a beautiful cat, did someone steal it perhaps? I hope you resolve the mystery favorably very soon!

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

my cats tore open the lining to the springbox under my mattress and often take to hiding in there. i'll bet it's some similar space.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

same but inside the couch

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Yeah, I've heard plenty of stories of temporarily-disappearing cats like that. Ours was one chilling under a piece of furniture we didn't think to look under, because there's no way a cat could fit under that thing. Hope he shows back up soon!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
yeah check all your furniture for holes and suspiciously warm lumps in the bottom fabric

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

kw0134 posted:

my cats tore open the lining to the springbox under my mattress and often take to hiding in there. i'll bet it's some similar space.

PokeJoe posted:

same but inside the couch

both of these are where pocket likes to hang out when company is over

HawaiinYeti
Mar 12, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for the suggestions all. Yeah, we've checked absolutely everywhere inside. It's not a big place and there's only a few pieces of furniture to check under/inside of. No box spring to crawl inside of and we've flipped every other piece of furniture to check. He's also humongous, and constantly hungry, and he hasn't popped out anywhere for his regularly scheduled breakfast.

computer angel posted:

It's a beautiful cat, did someone steal it perhaps?

I had this thought, but my property is pretty secluded, and she's in an ADU facing the backyard toward the woods with no front door and her door to the backyard was closed and locked. They would have had to really know what they were coming for, and also not actually take any valuables or other cats in either of our places?

Literally the only other thing I can think of is she started sleepwalking and let him out and was able to close everything back up, even though she has no prior history of sleepwalking.

We're coming to terms with him just being gone without a trace at this point in hopes of being surprised if he shows back up. Just kills me because while my mom knew she would have to say goodbye at some point in the nearish future (He was ~13 years old) she really wanted to have him cremated so she could keep his ashes. He was her baby, and he knew it.

HawaiinYeti
Mar 12, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah, and it's Ollie's 1st birthday today! :gbsmith:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

mocha reappear

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

did you look inside the laundry

HawaiinYeti
Mar 12, 2005

Grimey Drawer

PokeJoe posted:

did you look inside the laundry

Yeah, and behind the machines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeti i'm casting level 3 Recall Cat for you!

Nargle has dropped a couple of posts overnight, but we're still waiting for tom_collins.txt. she is being a lovebug with all the gabapentin in her system, a text just said. And she snarfed down lunch (future post material) with a vengeance