Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

People who say they won’t vote for either one are the same people that try to make up a third scenario in the trolley problem

No Butt Stuff fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Mar 2, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

1. The democrats are going to continue going right regardless.

2. The olds don’t die fast enough. The “young”-er democrats have overwhelmingly shown that they have similar beliefs and practices. Even most of the squad.

3. We don’t have free-ish elections, now.

I'm old enough to have seen swings both ways.
the olds I'm talking about are the 80 year olds in the party, but you're right that the dems in their 50s haven't shown a huge difference. I dunno, man. The left wing in the US is having very little influence on the national conversation or on people's voting and I think a big reason is because the risk of splitting the center and left votes and winding up with more republicans is so terrifying that everyone gravitates towards the "safe" candidate who is as middle-right as possible, to claim the tiny swing voter subset.
ask navalny how free us elections are compared to russian elections, I'll take moderate voter suppression and gerrymandering over "your preferred candidate is jailed and then murdered" style one-party dictatorship

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Mar 2, 2024

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I’m going Biden solely because I want to see just how senile the guy can get by 2027

And if trump wins he likely strikes down all student loan forgiveness and I’m about 2 years of payments on time from having 125k forgiven so I’ll have paid 155k of my 270k owed and that’s huggggeeeee

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If Joe Biden was Major Zero / Mother Brain / any other video game brain that's in a vegetative state to complete this metaphor, I'd vote for him if I thought it gave me material improvement over the alternative. I genuinely do not give a gently caress about his age.

I DO give a gently caress about him supporting a genocide and well, Trump is the same. We genuinely do not have a legitimate no-genocide candidate, gently caress

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

be funny if diamond joe keeled over and vice pres cackles ran the show.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

imagine who is left in the barrel trump has to scrape just to put together a cabinet
imagine if he sweeps in how many republican congressmen get in on his coattails, and what they'll do to the remnants of the judiciary
imagine the fights he's gonna pick with china, the tariffs didn't work so he'll go harder
imagine the green light he's gonna give to putin
do you remember when he banned immigrants from all muslim countries
do you remember when he encouraged israel to build more settlements
remember when he intentionally withheld covid relief from blue states so he could get it mostly sent to florida
remember when he relentlessly attacked his own FBI and CIA agencies because they dared to cooperate in the investigations against him
remember that time when trump created the space force
how about that one time when the president of the united states of america suggested taking hydroxychloroquine could cure covid, or injecting chlorine, or invermectin,
remember when he pardoned joe arpaio, and said the neo-nazis were both-sides have a point, and pardoned steve bannon
christ, remember steve bannon
remember when he withheld $400M in aid to ukraine because they refused to corroborate the lies he was telling to attack joe biden's son and help his campaign
remember when he let countless rich foriegn dignitaries like saudi princes etc. pay exorbitant prices to stay at trump hotels and resorts and kept the money and basically was an open door for foreign bribery of a sitting president
remember when he had protesters outside a church tear-gassed so he could stand in front of it and hold a bible upside-down
remember when he mocked californians who had died in a horrific forest fire for not raking the forests to keep them from burning
how about that time puerto rico was devastated by a hurricane and he mocked them and then went and threw paper towlels and bottled water and did fuckall to help those american citizens in desperate need for like, a year
how about when he kept joking over and over, totally a joke of course, that two terms wasn't enough and he'd be totally down for a third term

it was relentless, a new stupider more destructive shocking thing every week, over and over until we were all totally numb to it, the absolute cavalcade of poo poo for four years, I feel like it was just so much, for so long, that everyone has kind of mentally tried to plaster it over

I'm feeling very very tired all of a sudden

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Oh a Trump presidency will be hosed. And to be clear i will be voting for Biden for all the reasons you guys stated above. But I’m mad as gently caress that this is the loving Sophie’s Choice we’ve been presented. Garbage rear end party.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Siding with the FBI and CIA I see!

this is a joke, do not meltdown (again)

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

BlindSite posted:

Was that even a meltdown?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The Trump Revenge Tour is something that I don't want to live, but that I would like to peek into an alternate dimension and read about. He might not have "the juice" anymore though, 2016 was eight years ago for him too.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

it'll make no difference which ever team you follow with religious fervor wins the election, just enjoy the hilarious meltdowns

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

Was that even a meltdown?

Not you, m8. The melt above yours

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Dems blowing what should be an easy win election a la 2016 would be pretty funny, but i think I’ve settled on Trump losing the corpse of Biden as being the funniest outcome because it would drive him insane.

BlindSite posted:

Not you, m8. The melt above yours

Ah gotcha.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Leperflesh posted:

Genuinely, I don't think you really are seeing that you accused another poster of being a genocide supporter, in a mocking way, and are trying to draw some equivalence to the offense you take at being told that we have a two-party-only, lesser-of-two-evils system that you can't change or fix. But this statement right here makes me think you and I have nothing more to discuss. I didn't realize you're an accelerationist, and if you really are a "let's get trump in there because we're gonna collapse anyway, might as well be now" then there is such an immense, yawning chasm between your and my world views that it's totally irreconcilable.

I am, however, still going to call out hostile crap ITT when I see it, from you or anyone else. Seriously, please, reconsider accusing your fellow TFF posters of being genocide supporters. It really sucks.

I started typing up a long response, but I don't want to poo poo up this thread with it, so I'll say this: I think you're a hypocrite, because you took what I said, twisted it with your own prejudicial viewpoints and assumptions to justify your own viewpoints, are claiming things that in no way I said, but then you turn around and call out me as being hateful/etc. while then basically making personal attacks (accelerationist, etc) on me when you know nothing about me, and only know that my personal opinion with respect to Joe Biden, the Democratic Party, and my own personal moral/ethical viewpoints, are different from yours.

So I'll say this: if you want to actually have a serious discussion with me, via PM, I will welcome it, but otherwise, please do not jump to conclusions simply because I mocked (yes, I will admit to that) a poster that you personally agree with and rushed to defend but that I do not agree with.

I will say though that there's some inherent irony also that you reference hateful crap and reference me and calling someone a genocide supporter (false), while then posting a hateful attack about being an accelerationist. What's good for the goose is apparently not good for the gander.

And I personally think that being told "You must be a Trump supporting-accelerationist if you don't vote for Biden" is just as bad of an attack as anything you're accusing me of, but you do you.

Edit: gently caress that ended up being longer than I meant, but whatever, I still welcome the PM to actually talk in private.

Canned Sunshine fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Mar 2, 2024

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Season 8 of walking dead and I am still screaming PUT SOMEONE ON WATCH YOU MOTHERFUCKERS.

Still in love with Carrol. She's the loving GOAT.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

LeeMajors posted:

Oh a Trump presidency will be hosed. And to be clear i will be voting for Biden for all the reasons you guys stated above. But I’m mad as gently caress that this is the loving Sophie’s Choice we’ve been presented. Garbage rear end party.

This is the last I'm gonna say on this topic since it's pushing my mental health, but I was 100% on the "I'll grit my teeth and vote for Biden" train up until the last few months with the Gaza situation. Up until last October, the only candidate I would absolutely not vote for in 2024 would have been Sinema (even though she's probably not running again, thank god), and I'm under no ill-illusion that it's likely that Ruben Gallego, if he wins, might end up just becoming Sinema 2.0, but I hope not!

But all the support for Israel's war on Gaza, when the US could have just stood aside, I just can't support him now. And that's just me. I'm not here to judge anyone who does, but if they judge me, I'll judge them back.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

BlindSite posted:

This is NSA erasure and I won't have it

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

After watching both Shogun episodes other day got the wife to watch the first ep tonight and she’s totally into it. Show rocks, fish out of water/exposition. Last Samurai is also my favorite Tom Cruise movie and I can see how it borrowed a lot from the book Shogun was based on.

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Mar 2, 2024

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I want to re-iterate two points with regards to the politics chat, and not just in the last page or so:

• We are all friends here
  • We are here for the sports chat and football chat and, here, general life chat amongst the football-inclined

The forums on SA for in-depth political debate are...not Sports Argument Stadium and TFF. Blanket "no politics chat" won't work, because we are in a time where it's hard to ignore what's going on and we also are in an era where fewer people are inclined to ignore what's going on. I get that. And there's a tight-knit crew here. I get that, I hope I'm included in that. But we need to remember that 99% of the people here are working in the same direction.

So let's take a breath and relax. It's still only March of an election year in the U.S., anyway. There's plenty of year left for dumb poo poo to happen.

a sexual elk posted:

After watching both Shogun episodes other day got the wife to watch the first ep tonight and she’s totally into it. Show rocks, fish out of water/exposition. Last Samurai is also my favorite Tom Cruise movie and I can see how it borrowed a lot from the book Shogun was based on.

I guess I'm too young to know/heard of the original version, but it sounds like they've made a cool version this time around. I might try to get my wife to watch it, but she's not one for the Japanese costume dramas that get made annually here (NHK generally makes one a year).

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Canned Sunshine posted:

This is the last I'm gonna say on this topic since it's pushing my mental health,

:(

I mean this for you and everyone here including myself but goddamn we all need to take care of ourselves mentally. Things are only going to get more absurd and buckwild moving forward.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Bro I’m 38 and only heard of the original book written in 75’ from IMDB

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

have you heard of a little game called Nioh

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
It should make whoever bought me this avatar happy that I’m living up to it today and smoking a butt.

My dad is staying with us and he and I have never had a good relationship. He was a lovely dad growing up and was never around/actively neglected or ignored me. Now that I’m 40 he wants to have a relationship because it’s “easy”. Which, whatever man. I needed you when I was a kid. I don’t need you now. But I’m letting him stay with us because my sister is pregnant (I’m gonna be an uncle!!) and this weekend is her reveal party thing. She even got my gf involved by having her be the one that knows if it’s a boy or girl so she could order the proper smoke thing (talked her out of doing streamers/poppers for the mess they make).

So anyway yeah, having some friends over and smoking a butt to distract from my dad being around, but should be a happy weekend all around either way.

Yall wanna see my butt?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

That depends, is it big and round and juicy?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

It should make whoever bought me this avatar happy that I’m living up to it today and smoking a butt.

My dad is staying with us and he and I have never had a good relationship. He was a lovely dad growing up and was never around/actively neglected or ignored me. Now that I’m 40 he wants to have a relationship because it’s “easy”. Which, whatever man. I needed you when I was a kid. I don’t need you now. But I’m letting him stay with us because my sister is pregnant (I’m gonna be an uncle!!) and this weekend is her reveal party thing. She even got my gf involved by having her be the one that knows if it’s a boy or girl so she could order the proper smoke thing (talked her out of doing streamers/poppers for the mess they make).

So anyway yeah, having some friends over and smoking a butt to distract from my dad being around, but should be a happy weekend all around either way.

Yall wanna see my butt?

The combination of smoke for both the butt and the gender reveal made me picture blue or pink smoke coming out of your smoker lol.

Also, my general gender reveal advice: don't start any wildfires.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bird in a Blender posted:

That depends, is it big and round and juicy?

It’s round. And big. I just can’t help myself I’m acting like an animal, now here’s my…..butt

I’ll take another picture when I spray it in a bit

Dango Bango posted:

The combination of smoke for both the butt and the gender reveal made me picture blue or pink smoke coming out of your smoker lol.

Also, my general gender reveal advice: don't start any wildfires.

It’s not really smoke I don’t think. It’s just a colored non toxic gas. There’s no fire or anything involved. Definitely don’t want to burn down anything.

I made a phenomenal joke when we decided on the smoke. I said if it’s pink it’s a girl and blue means it’s a boy. If it’s white smoke we’ve elected a new pope and NOBODY laughed :mad:

e: butt-update

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Mar 2, 2024

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I also bought a butt for this weekend. But I think I’m doing it tomorrow.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

No Butt Stuff posted:

I also bought a butt for this weekend. But I think I’m doing it tomorrow.

Not really living up to your username lately!

How do you do yours?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I’ll do garlic powder, kosher salt, black pepper, and maybe some smoked paprika. Just cover it liberally and toss it in until it hits 165, then I’ll wrap it and skip the stall. At 235 it’ll still take forever to reach 203.

E: then I shred it with the bone!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I use this stuff and it works great

https://buttrub.com/

I cover mine in yellow mustard and then put that all over it, adding more as the smoke goes on. I have mine sit out until it’s room temp then put it in at 240 until it gets to 205 if I want pulled pork, 165 if I wanna slice it but I don’t really ever do that. Every hour I spray it down with an apple cider vinegar and water mix that makes it have an awesome crust.

e: no bone in mine so I bought some of those bear claw things and pretend to be wolverine

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Not really living up to your username lately!

How do you do yours?

I just made Kenji's sous vide carnitas recipe the other day. It's always amazing.

e:

Joey Freshwater posted:

I use this stuff and it works great

https://buttrub.com/

I was *so* close to asking if the seasoning was Butt Rub when you posted :v:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Canned Sunshine posted:

I started typing up a long response, but I don't want to poo poo up this thread with it, so I'll say this: I think you're a hypocrite, because you took what I said, twisted it with your own prejudicial viewpoints and assumptions to justify your own viewpoints, are claiming things that in no way I said, but then you turn around and call out me as being hateful/etc. while then basically making personal attacks (accelerationist, etc) on me when you know nothing about me, and only know that my personal opinion with respect to Joe Biden, the Democratic Party, and my own personal moral/ethical viewpoints, are different from yours.

Friend, at what point did I say "Joe Biden is Awesome and I fully support him in every way"? Because I did not. If you're concerned about post meanings being twisted with prejudicial viewpoints, start off by taking a look at what you posted in reply to my statement that is summarized most easily by "This is how the system works. Holding your breath and stamping your feet will not improve it."

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dango Bango posted:

I just made Kenji's sous vide carnitas recipe the other day. It's always amazing.

e:

I was *so* close to asking if the seasoning was Butt Rub when you posted :v:

drat that looks good.

The Buttrub is great. I could make my own and have in the past, but I keep coming back to this.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Please don't burn down any old growth forests with the gender reveal

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

drat that looks good.

The Buttrub is great. I could make my own and have in the past, but I keep coming back to this.

I suppose I could've posted a picture of the finished products:

And Butt Rub is really solid, but to me it's missing something when I used it for pork butts.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

Please don't burn down any old growth forests with the gender reveal

I already said I wasn’t gonna!!!

Also it’s in my sisters backyard in the suburbs of Atlanta. Not a lot of old growth around there except boomers :v:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Dango Bango posted:

Comes out pink if it's a butt, blue if it's a tenderloin

T-Square
May 14, 2009

If Joe Biden texts me one more time asking for $5 I swear to God

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Can I buy Butt Rub at the hardware store? That’s where I usually buy rub.

E: I’ve used the mustard method before. If I have some I may. I haven’t found it made much of a difference for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

No Butt Stuff posted:

Can I buy Butt Rub at the hardware store? That’s where I usually buy rub.

E: I’ve used the mustard method before. If I have some I may. I haven’t found it made much of a difference for me.

Not sure about hardware store but maybe! I’ve seen it at the grocery store and Costco definitely has it too