Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Augus posted:

The Junon sequence is so much fun. They just totally lean into how ridiculous the whole scenario is and how dumb and oblivious it requires the Shinra troops to be. From the goofy-rear end march they do when Cloud sends calls them back to duty, to the serious commander running up to get her award and jumping up and down and waving like a little kid, to the 7th Division's blind acceptance of everything their "captain" does, it's all great.

It's a good look at the level of competence within Shinra. None of the grunts bat an eye at you and your group of weirdos, wondering around the landing sight or when you just walk in and steal a uniform, BUT the Turks were on to you from the very beginning and just choose to say nothing, BUT none of them knew about Yuffie and she would have totally killed Rufus if Barret hadn't yelled at her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Had to take a moment to stop on the cruise ship and just...bask in the music.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Augus posted:

The Junon sequence is so much fun. They just totally lean into how ridiculous the whole scenario is and how dumb and oblivious it requires the Shinra troops to be. From the goofy-rear end march they do when Cloud sends calls them back to duty, to the serious commander running up to get her award and jumping up and down and waving like a little kid, to the 7th Division's blind acceptance of everything their "captain" does, it's all great.

Its a great satire of real life military

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

LadyPictureShow posted:

Junon-area sidequest grumbling, I never wanted to play Fort Condor ever again.

Speaking of, what was your strat for the fourth match?

Like, it's cute that they brought in the minigame from Intergrade. But heavily limiting your options, removing magic as a panic button, giving Greg a ton of stuff you don't, and putting it on a hard timer compared to Intergrade letting you win by having more towers is bullshit.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

BisbyWorl posted:

Like, it's cute that they brought in the minigame from Intergrade. But heavily limiting your options, removing magic as a panic button, giving Greg a ton of stuff you don't, and putting it on a hard timer compared to Intergrade letting you win by having more towers is bullshit.

Do not sleep on the medics. They keep your troops alive for much longer, allowing you to keep attacking.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is there no way to respawn the white wolf in the Grasslands? Missed scanning it because I didn't realise scans didn't carry over if you retry and I think that's why I have 15/16 enemies scanned to unlock the Enemy Skill fight....

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Mainwaring posted:

Characters have a synergy meter which is a bit like limit gauge except it starts each fight empty. It has 5 pips total and every time a character uses an atb spell or ability (at least most of them) they gain a pip.

The abilities that give synergy pips will have a little icon in their description at the bottom of the screen. Notably the "free" elemental attacks from the folio grid do not.

Those attacks seem kind of convenient early on but I have the feeling later I will respec most characters to get those passives instead

Sakurazuka posted:

Is there no way to respawn the white wolf in the Grasslands? Missed scanning it because I didn't realise scans didn't carry over if you retry and I think that's why I have 15/16 enemies scanned to unlock the Enemy Skill fight....

I was under the requirement too but I got a few more from doing the other simulator trials

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

BisbyWorl posted:

i used the fourth board, base defense or whatever it was called, with cloud and tifa as the heroes and set down ballistae at the two chokepoints while blitzing the other side of the map with everything i had. there's still an element of luck in how fast you get to gilgamesh before he can overwhelm you with his specialty units, but the ballistae help chip away at invaders and distract them if they get past your units. once everything converged on greg i summoned another ballista right across from him, along with two clerics and more ranged units. the clerics kept all my melee characters alive while the ranged stayed far enough away so they wouldn't get caught in his Stop spell

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Sakurazuka posted:

Like an Enemy Intel fight? Just go back to the area and you'll get a prompt to hold triangle to redo the fight.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Augus posted:

Had to take a moment to stop on the cruise ship and just...bask in the music.

The music all around the world is just incredible. All the weird metal/dubstep/kpop/techno remixes of the classic ost just work.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

BisbyWorl posted:

I was able to beat the Hard Mode version by choosing Barret/Tifa and the Offensive loadout. Placed a Ranged soldier and a trebuchet back a bit from the bottleneck so it could hit the group of enemies that would attack him, and a Cleric to heal the Ranged soldier. From there I could largely react to things on the fly.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I am fighting Gigatrice in Corel. Assess screen is telling me to cast elemental abilities on the cyclones it spawns. But they don't seem to be targetable? I think once I saw a "Tornado D" pop up as a lock on but it immediately disappeared. Sometimes I see red targeting reticles around them but they don't show up on any target list and I don't see any way to aim things at them except by dumb luck if one of them is aimed at the boss and misses just right. What have they forgotten to explain in the Assess screen?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The music for (arguably minor late chapter 5/boat spoiler if you watched the trailers or played the OG) first phase of the Jenova fight kicks unbelievable amounts of rear end and the voices remind me of SOMETHING and I just cannot loving remember what. I wanna say some other game or anime or something and it will kill me trying to remember.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

BisbyWorl posted:

Like an Enemy Intel fight? Just go back to the area and you'll get a prompt to hold triangle to redo the fight.

No it's a boss from a quest line, anyway doesn't matter I got the last one from the actual boss of the area lol

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I only just got to the beginning of the boat chapter before I went to bed last night, but I swear that character that walked past Madam M in that initial cutscene looked like Echidna from The Bouncer.

Also, a really cute Red scene at the beginning of that chapter where he says he'll go scout out the boat, only to immediately get swarmed by a bunch of kids wanting to pet the cool dog. Cloud and Barret just kind of share a look before moving on :lol:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Chapter 4 protorelic spoilers: I just got to Fort Condor.

GOTY. :allears:

Edit: OH MY GOD

GREG

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Mar 2, 2024

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Seinfeld voice: it's a zolom near Midgar, it's a Midgar Zolom!

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Phoenix is really whooping my rear end. even a well-timed Magic Pot's ult after Rebirth Flame didn't do it, because then the entire arena was aflame and everyone took damage that way

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Oxxidation posted:

i used the fourth board, base defense or whatever it was called, with cloud and tifa as the heroes and set down ballistae at the two chokepoints while blitzing the other side of the map with everything i had. there's still an element of luck in how fast you get to gilgamesh before he can overwhelm you with his specialty units, but the ballistae help chip away at invaders and distract them if they get past your units. once everything converged on greg i summoned another ballista right across from him, along with two clerics and more ranged units. the clerics kept all my melee characters alive while the ranged stayed far enough away so they wouldn't get caught in his Stop spell

:shepface:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

a win's a win!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

End of Junon spoiler: There's something really funny about seeing these black robes waiting in line to get on a cruise ship with normal people. How are they getting by security!? How did they pass the background checks?

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I don't think Queens Blade is as good as Triple Triad. Even low level TT has some strats but QB is just take over the board asap at lower tiers. Kinda dull.

Also I wish Chadley would stop facetiming me as im doing stuff. Just leave a text or something.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Phoenix is really whooping my rear end. even a well-timed Magic Pot's ult after Rebirth Flame didn't do it, because then the entire arena was aflame and everyone took damage that way

Just do all the POI things and beat the weakened version, it’s a total cakewalk of a fight after that.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Rhonne posted:

End of Junon spoiler: There's something really funny about seeing these black robes waiting in line to get on a cruise ship with normal people. How are they getting by security!? How did they pass the background checks?

Doesn't Hojo explicitly want Reunion to happen?
He probably looked up from his latest copy of "Mad Scientist Monthly and waved them through.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Overbite posted:

I don't think Queens Blade is as good as Triple Triad. Even low level TT has some strats but QB is just take over the board asap at lower tiers. Kinda dull.

Also I wish Chadley would stop facetiming me as im doing stuff. Just leave a text or something.
Low level TT is just use the op cards.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
So I downloaded the game on launch day, did the test to see if my ff7remake save games would get me the bonus materia, test said yes.

Went to start a new game and it tested again for save games and now it cannot find them and won't give me the bonus items? Tried re-downloading my saves from the cloud and it still didn't recognize them

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Listen the less you think about the black cloak dudes deal the better off you will be. This same logic can also apply to literally everything new the Remake series introduces, just close your mind's eye and enjoy the gameplay and the times when it becomes original FF7.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gologle posted:

Listen the less you think about the black cloak dudes deal the better off you will be. This same logic can also apply to literally everything new the Remake series introduces, just close your mind's eye and enjoy the gameplay and the times when it becomes original FF7.

.. The black cloak dudes are from the original game

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Yes I know, which is why I put the words "can also" I am aware that OG FF7 could sometimes also do dumb stuff

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

if you ignore Roche you are a morally bad person and you will be judged for your crimes

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Rhonne posted:

Rufus said at the parade that he wants Sephiroth dead and the black robes will lead them to Sephiroth. By that logic it’d be counter-productive to get in their way so he probably passed down orders to let them through.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Gologle posted:

Absolutely demented post

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

So I downloaded the game on launch day, did the test to see if my ff7remake save games would get me the bonus materia, test said yes.

Went to start a new game and it tested again for save games and now it cannot find them and won't give me the bonus items? Tried re-downloading my saves from the cloud and it still didn't recognize them

The test only works once then they're permanently bound to your account, if you just start a new game they'll be in the dlc section on the menu.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Augus posted:

Rufus said at the parade that he wants Sephiroth dead and the black robes will lead them to Sephiroth. By that logic it’d be counter-productive to get in their way so he probably passed down orders to let them through.

That's a good point.

Honestly, I really like the black robe guys in these games. They're really creepy, and they're everywhere. You never know where they'll pop up next.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
How long will the Knights of the Round summon cutscene be?

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Rhonne posted:

That's a good point.

Honestly, I really like the black robe guys in these games. They're really creepy, and they're everywhere. You never know where they'll pop up next.

I personally think they were somewhat awkwardly integrated in the OG - like I got what the story was trying to do with them, but it wasn’t exactly clear. They’re much better utilized this time around.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD6sTDH9Zdc

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rhonne posted:

That's a good point.

I like that there's more of a genuine sense of pity for them. Like how insanely hosed up it is to be someone who ends up in that situation.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

"Please insert the KotR Disc"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I like that there's more of a genuine sense of pity for them. Like how insanely hosed up it is to be someone who ends up in that situation.

And then there's people like the Kalm innkeeper, who seems like he's right on the cusp of becoming just like them.