Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
Got through Lagon. That was...unpleasant. It was so close to an interesting challenge, there's just a little too much going on. I think if the tentacles didn't have a slam attack it would be reasonable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

When people are talking about Lagon being overtuned, do they mean the story or the monolith? Story Lagon took me a few tries but the monolith one is simply ridiculous for the level, I was clearing the 90s before finally killing him.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Is Sigularily literally the only Unique Idol? Because I have half a dozen of them already.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Jack Trades posted:

Is Sigularily literally the only Unique Idol? Because I have half a dozen of them already.

The only unique 1x1 idol, yes. There are also two unique 2x2 idols. I think they're boss-specific drops, though.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
Runemaster had three unique idols introduced with 1.0.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

bamhand posted:

What is the point of even having dungeon keys. Just have them available any time.

They seem to have really buffed the drop rate, it used to be that they were genuinely rare, I'd end up with maybe a few of each by the time I reached empowered monos so it was genuinely important to make sure you were fully ready to clear it and maximise rewards beacuse you might not get another go for hours, but now explorer caches drop huge piles and they seem to have raised the random drop rate to the point where I've got almost a full stash tab of keys.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Deformed Church posted:

They seem to have really buffed the drop rate, it used to be that they were genuinely rare, I'd end up with maybe a few of each by the time I reached empowered monos so it was genuinely important to make sure you were fully ready to clear it and maximise rewards beacuse you might not get another go for hours, but now explorer caches drop huge piles and they seem to have raised the random drop rate to the point where I've got almost a full stash tab of keys.

I haven't even done more than one dungeon yet (but still want to try the others) and I'm almost at the point of just not picking them up anymore.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Big qol change they gotta do is make the keys into like affix fragments and just click a button to use one in the dungeon.

Also, there's no real benefit to running lightless arbor and soulfire bastion unless you need a unique from them, right?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

SHISHKABOB posted:

Big qol change they gotta do is make the keys into like affix fragments and just click a button to use one in the dungeon.

Also, there's no real benefit to running lightless arbor and soulfire bastion unless you need a unique from them, right?

Yea having to get one from my stash each time is dumb.

To fulfill a Prophecy I guess? :shrug:

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

SHISHKABOB posted:

not an emptyquote

quote:

If you have a lot of gold to play with the game show mechanic at the end of Lightless Arbor the reward chests can drop insane amounts of stuff. I'm less sold on the Soul Gambler in Soulfire but I've never really been sold on the explicit gambling mechanics in any of these games so YMMV.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

whypick1 posted:

https://www.lastepochtools.com/guide/section/ailment_mechanics

tl;dr - Ailment has a fixed base damage, independent of what applied it, scaled by generic damage type and specific ailment damage.

Oh that's goofy and explains why my giant single fireball ignite sucks. So really you should scale dot itself and attack and cast speed?

Smith Comma John
Nov 21, 2007

Human being for president.

Sylink posted:

Oh that's goofy and explains why my giant single fireball ignite sucks. So really you should scale dot itself and attack and cast speed?

Yes, but there are enormous differences in skill effectiveness at applying ailment stacks (as you’ve seen) so you need to make sure you’re using one of the good ones. IMO this sucks and makes a lot of skill nodes bad so they should probably go back and put multiple stack application baked into some of the slower skills

Generally, persistent ground effects like the warlock fissure or the runemaster glyph of dominion are excellent

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
if you're struggling with lagon, simply just keep walking back and forth between the tentacles. you shouldn't be hit by anything if you just keep mobile horizontally

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Dallan Invictus posted:

If you have a lot of gold to play with the game show mechanic at the end of Lightless Arbor the reward chests can drop insane amounts of stuff. I'm less sold on the Soul Gambler in Soulfire but I've never really been sold on the explicit gambling mechanics in any of these games so YMMV.

Soulfire was the one that sounded the coolest to me and wound up being the worst. It feels like a relic of a previous stage of the game. None of the dungeon gimmicks pan out for me but the Ikaruga shield is the coolest. Shame they burned it on a literal waste of time. :sad:

Also drop my drat belt you idiot lich.

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend
So how does the mage focus skill work? The channel doesn't start like half of the time for me when pressing the button and instead my mage is just standing there looking dumb while dying. Is it a bug or a feature?

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Found out where my offline character saves are on linux so i can go back to playing offline (i like having backups if i switch distro). :kiddo:

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

A hot Lagon tip: you can utilize the stairs and avoid a ton of the stuff. I was having a devil of a time with the bastard until I realized I could just… run down the stairs a little bit until it was safe to pop back up and load the tentacles up with dots again.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Imaginary Friend posted:

So how does the mage focus skill work? The channel doesn't start like half of the time for me when pressing the button and instead my mage is just standing there looking dumb while dying. Is it a bug or a feature?

IIRC you have to hold it down? Maybe I'm making that up

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Saxophone posted:

A hot Lagon tip: you can utilize the stairs and avoid a ton of the stuff. I was having a devil of a time with the bastard until I realized I could just… run down the stairs a little bit until it was safe to pop back up and load the tentacles up with dots again.

A word of warning, keep moving if you do this. Some of his attacks can still target you on the stairs and standing on the stairs occasionally causes the attack animations/effects to break so you’ll have no idea you’re about to eat a 17k meteor or whatever.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Also since it's not always obvious: The tentacles and Lagon share a HP pool so you can kill him by killing the tentacles.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I'm only level 45 now but they really nailed what minion players want so far. This whole game feels like they are taking the best parts of all the other games and made a really nice game out of it. The skills feel like Diablo 3, but then they have their own trees which is awesome. Then you have your own passive tree. The crafting so far is real nice, I like the randomized forge potential and the way you can break down items and build them back up. The loot filter is a dream. It's incredibly intuitive without going into the insanity that PoE does. Kind of really wowed by this so far. It was totally off my radar!

One thing I'm noticing is that it seems to miss key presses / mouse clicks? Is that just me? Like I will hit ESC to bring up the menu, but it wont register it. I hit it again and the menu pops up. Same with middle mouse clicks for skills. I'll click it once to cast a debuff and nothing happens, then i'll click again and it casts it. It's really weird, like the input polling is skipping every so often. I'd say I notice it maybe once every hundred or so clicks / keypresses?

Philthy fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Mar 2, 2024

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

yeah im not sure whats up with diablo 4's inability to make a loving good minion build but LE nails it for sure.

Knightsoul
Dec 19, 2008

Philthy posted:

One thing I'm noticing is that it seems to miss key presses / mouse clicks? Is that just me? Like I will hit ESC to bring up the menu, but it wont register it. I hit it again and the menu pops up. Same with middle mouse clicks for skills. I'll click it once to cast a debuff and nothing happens, then i'll click again and it casts it. It's really weird, like the input polling is skipping every so often. I'd say I notice it maybe once every hundred or so clicks / keypresses?

It's not just you: my warlock Chthonic Fissure doesn't fire half the time I press the button.
I think the Devs should look into this matter as quick as possible since it's a very critical matter for player enjoyment.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Knightsoul posted:

It's not just you: my warlock Chthonic Fissure doesn't fire half the time I press the button.
I think the Devs should look into this matter as quick as possible since it's a very critical matter for player enjoyment.

I haven't noticed this at all, but I play completely in the "play offline" mode. Is this an online only issue?

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Idk if it’s this or not but some skills like Fissure have a rather long delay just as part of the skill, and I think if you try moving or do something else during that time it cancels it. It took me awhile to get used to not interrupting Judgment with Rive or whatever.

I assume server lag can make it worse but I connect at like 25 ping and still had to mentally focus on it a bit.

Anno fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Mar 2, 2024

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

My warlock build just kind of slammed into a wall at 45, I got the double Fissure, and now I can afford 1.5 fissures before having to stop and wait for my mana to regen. Just killed my progress. Also in my desperate scramble to get enough mana to use my spells, I somehow lost half my physical resist so now I die a lot for the first time too.

I'm constantly looking for stuff with +mana on it but it's just not dropping. I've wasted all my gold on gambling and crafting just kind of fell off. Like oh, I can staple 2 T1 affixes and oops out of crafting points. Does crafting get easier? is there a way to restore whatever the crafting points are called? I'm at 200 mana and 15 mana per second regen. I think if I can hit 250 and 25, I can maybe use cthonic fissure on every other pack of enemies again, instead of like, every 6th.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

A Moose posted:

My warlock build just kind of slammed into a wall at 45, I got the double Fissure, and now I can afford 1.5 fissures before having to stop and wait for my mana to regen. Just killed my progress. Also in my desperate scramble to get enough mana to use my spells, I somehow lost half my physical resist so now I die a lot for the first time too.

I'm constantly looking for stuff with +mana on it but it's just not dropping. I've wasted all my gold on gambling and crafting just kind of fell off. Like oh, I can staple 2 T1 affixes and oops out of crafting points. Does crafting get easier? is there a way to restore whatever the crafting points are called? I'm at 200 mana and 15 mana per second regen. I think if I can hit 250 and 25, I can maybe use cthonic fissure on every other pack of enemies again, instead of like, every 6th.

Unspec double fissure

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

You can’t replenish forging potential but you can use the Glyphs of Hope to try not to spend it. If you get a nice string of successes you can get a lot more on there.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

yeah i havent found a need really for double fissure yet on my warlock

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie

Just Another Lurker posted:

Found out where my offline character saves are on linux so i can go back to playing offline (i like having backups if i switch distro). :kiddo:

Wait if you launch through steam how is this an issue? Stuff is synced, no? Unless you play with Steam offline and I'm missing something?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL DAY IN OROBYSS' ETERRA !

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
also make sure you don't have 3 points in the chaos bolt from fissure talent. It's just too much

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Philthy posted:

I'm only level 45 now but they really nailed what minion players want so far. This whole game feels like they are taking the best parts of all the other games and made a really nice game out of it. The skills feel like Diablo 3, but then they have their own trees which is awesome. Then you have your own passive tree. The crafting so far is real nice, I like the randomized forge potential and the way you can break down items and build them back up. The loot filter is a dream. It's incredibly intuitive without going into the insanity that PoE does. Kind of really wowed by this so far. It was totally off my radar!

I got to empowered monoliths with my minion only build that I just sort of slapped together what looked cool. I eventually gave in and started following some guy's build, and it works a lot better. It's still all minions but it's focused on fire damage.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
Gold: 0
Physical resist: 12%
Fissure mana cost: 300
Forging potential: 0

someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this, my warlock is dying

Please don't take this as an attack, Moose. It was just too good a chance to pass up.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Reoxygenation posted:

Wait if you launch through steam how is this an issue? Stuff is synced, no? Unless you play with Steam offline and I'm missing something?

edit: i might have misread that, i don't save to the Cloud and LE has a fully offline mode.

Just Another Lurker fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Mar 2, 2024

Knightsoul
Dec 19, 2008

The Locator posted:

I haven't noticed this at all, but I play completely in the "play offline" mode. Is this an online only issue?

Yeah, it could be since I only play online.
And I can assure you it's not a matter of skill cooldown or me moving around......

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

How does that talent even work? It less than doubles the cost, but somehow makes it cost 4x more? is it also doubling the cost of each chaos bolt from it?

also, is there a way to buy or farm glyphs of hope?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I like the game a whole lot but there are some gripes for sure. My biggest issue is that aerial assault gets stuck sometimes in the first use in random monoliths. I can't move until I use that skill again. Hasn't killed me yet somehow but would be bad for hc. The memory leaks aren't great either for nonstop monoliths where fps starts to dip into the 20s and 30s. Otherwise I like the endgame but after doing empowered monos for a bit I'm not sure what else I should do. There's plenty more room to better my character and push higher but this is about where I burnout for most seasonal stuff. Upgrades are few and far between and progression drops off like a rock. I think I'm high 80s or low 90s at this point.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie

Just Another Lurker posted:

edit: i might have misread that, i don't save to the Cloud and LE has a fully offline mode.

Ah then yeah, that'd do it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Knightsoul posted:

Yeah, it could be since I only play online.
And I can assure you it's not a matter of skill cooldown or me moving around......

I can drop fissures without an issue while running around like a headless chicken. It's never been an issue at all, and there's no reason to spam the skill since you can only have 1 fissure (or double fissure) out at a time. I'm guessing it's an online server side issue, as I certainly have never had an issue with the fissure not going off when I hit the key for it.