Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Found this today to read some old rpg manuals and show my son the game manual for mario. It's a reddit where someone compiled thousands of game manuals and then sorted them and uploaded them online.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DataHoarder/comments/ag8ce1/ive_made_a_collection_of_approx_11000_old_game/

manual site

https://www.gamesdatabase.org/all_manuals

Another great site

https://www.mocagh.org/

Shard fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Mar 2, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I’m still playing ff16. FF7 2 looks so good. Ff14 expansion also. Then dragons dogma and yakuza 8

JRPGs. JRPGs are back

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Square-Enix especially has been loving killing it the last 5 years. There was a point before that where I thought that maybe Square wouldn't survive, they weren't putting out anything exciting except FF14 content.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Octopath Traveler 1 is temporarily unavailable on the eShop as it changes publishers from Nintendo back to Square Enix.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I found Mr. Game and Warch

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Skyrim: I guess I joined the Empire:shepface:

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Alhazred posted:

Elf lover

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I’m still playing ff16. FF7 2 looks so good. Ff14 expansion also. Then dragons dogma and yakuza 8

JRPGs. JRPGs are back

JRPGs never left

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Alhazred posted:

Skyrim belongs to the Nords!

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I said come in! posted:

Square-Enix especially has been loving killing it the last 5 years. There was a point before that where I thought that maybe Square wouldn't survive, they weren't putting out anything exciting except FF14 content.

Square could only put out FF14 for the next decade and be fine.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

JRPGs never left

This. However they are still back by virtue of 2024 giving us a new SaGa.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://twitter.com/avaresst/status/1763654119993053658

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'm glad the malkavian mod spirit is still alive and thrashing

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I said come in! posted:

There was a point before that where I thought that maybe Square wouldn't survive, they weren't putting out anything exciting except FF14 content.

I don't know if I would say that quite yet, the devs have been absolutely killing it but Squenix management is still an absolute shitshow that still want to ride the crypto NFT train

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

Finishing up YLAD 8 this weekend. It's been really fun but it's starting to drag for me. Gotta focus up and stop playing mini games.

Next up Persona 3 Reloaded and I've got Helldivers 2 and Balatro ongoing. Excited for the Suzerain dlc out later this month.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Good Queen Clitoris posted:

Gotta focus up and stop playing mini games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcAHHKY3Y0I

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Captain Invictus posted:

someone posted this image in discord:

and I made a terrible(?) decision

IT HAS ARRIVED

BEHOLD ITS GLORY

$310 shipped, only used once, still has the box, only thing missing is the gigantic vertical tank operations manual. so if someone has one of those laying around that's in good condition, let me know.

it's kind of wild that it's still so cheap even today for a basically-new-in-box copy, that's only about a hundred bucks more than it retailed for.

the question is, is it steel battallion exclusive or can you hook it up to your pc and play other mecha games with it too?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Feldegast42 posted:

I don't know if I would say that quite yet, the devs have been absolutely killing it but Squenix management is still an absolute shitshow that still want to ride the crypto NFT train

The games being good probably doesn't register to them in any equation, just their good management at work.

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

the question is, is it steel battallion exclusive or can you hook it up to your pc and play other mecha games with it too?

I know people have made custom PC drivers for it so you can use it on PC

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Thanks for the posters who gave me the name of El Paso, Elsewhere

I am a sucker for gravelly voiced trenchcoat men (but not Not Important, he is not a Cool Dude)

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I've also been watching deep dives into the Fear & Hunger games and have thoroughly spoiled myself on them and I'm interested in hearing goonpinions on them. There seems some cool body horror which I'm always here for but there's a ton of content that seems edgy for edgy's sake. The series seems insanely mechanically intricate though, how much of it is just edgelord bullshit and how much is actual genuine cosmic horror?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

someone posted this image in discord:

and I made a terrible(?) decision

IT HAS ARRIVED

BEHOLD ITS GLORY

$310 shipped, only used once, still has the box, only thing missing is the gigantic vertical tank operations manual. so if someone has one of those laying around that's in good condition, let me know.

it's kind of wild that it's still so cheap even today for a basically-new-in-box copy, that's only about a hundred bucks more than it retailed for.

What is your first game you have played with this? I'm curious how this controller holds up because it was designed with the original Xbox in mind and is like 20 years old now. I really want Capcom to revisit the Steel Battalion series, but this time with just a normal gamepad, and mouse/keyboard controls for a PC version lol.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
it only just arrived and I've not gotten an adapter or anything yet, and my old xbox is not where I thought it was, so I'll have to find that when I have time. but I saw the listing that was complete and cheaper than the other ones available at the time and jumped on it.

my plans were: have it in hand first, then figure out what to do with it. also at some point probably get Line of Contact, the sequel to steel battalion, but that is surprisingly expensive.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Line of Contact required the Kinect didn’t it? I remember it reviewing really badly because the controls were terrible.

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010

Songbearer posted:

Thanks for the posters who gave me the name of El Paso, Elsewhere

I am a sucker for gravelly voiced trenchcoat men (but not Not Important, he is not a Cool Dude)

so I just bought and beat the game in about 7 hours today. Overall, I'd say it's a 6/10 game for me. The story and characterizations are fantastic and they do a great job of nailing that Max Payne vibe, but it's really held back by the kinda mediocre gameplay and the downright awful boss fights. Still worth playing I think, but definitely was feeling like a slog near the end

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sold a bunch of crap in my Steam Inventory and now I'm deciding between picking up Pacific Drive or Helldivers 2

Really liked the vibe of the Pacific Drive demo, but the UI was a bit naff.

Helldivers 2 looks fun as gently caress though

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Pacific Drive is full of intentionally janky bullshit, so it can start out annoying to use and then you master it and start feeling at home in the incredibly vibes levels. It's a survival game so you will be underpowered, in frequent danger, and confused about the cost and consequences of all kinds of things at first but that will go away as you build out your base and gear

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Still playing RE8. I defeated the fishman. I gotta be honest, I still don't know what his deal was.

They explained the vampire daughters. They were colonies of bugs that ate people and then thought they were people. Cool, I read Alan Moore's Swamp Thing, I get it. But that got me expecting more explanations. What's the deal with the 10 foot tall vampire, and the invisible woman, and the fish guy. Defeating the fish guy got me an explanation for the werewolves, they're people with a parasite in them. But it just made the fish guy even weirder. He can also control goo with his mind?

I know Miranda is related to the mold, and the mold can do a lot of stuff. But the vampire daughters weren't mold, and neither are the werewolves. So does that mean the bosses are their own unique thing too? Or are they all somehow going to be mold too?

There better be a really good explanation for all this.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
But by contrast, Helldivers 2 is riotous, unrestrained fun right from the word go, especially now that they've fixed most of the server connection issues. And even if you don't want to deal with public groups for matchmaking, there's an active Goon presence on multiple discords with people at multiple levels of comfort/skill so you can fine tune your playing experience as you see fit.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

haveblue posted:

Pacific Drive is full of intentionally janky bullshit, so it can start out annoying to use and then you master it and start feeling at home in the incredibly vibes levels. It's a survival game so you will be underpowered, in frequent danger, and confused about the cost and consequences of all kinds of things at first but that will go away as you build out your base and gear

Jossar posted:

But by contrast, Helldivers 2 is riotous, unrestrained fun right from the word go, especially now that they've fixed most of the server connection issues. And even if you don't want to deal with public groups for matchmaking, there's an active Goon presence on multiple discords with people at multiple levels of comfort/skill so you can fine tune your playing experience as you see fit.

Yeah both good points, and both what I was thinking about for both.

Lets see if I can convince some friends to join me for Helldivers

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Gripweed posted:

Still playing RE8. I defeated the fishman. I gotta be honest, I still don't know what his deal was.

They explained the vampire daughters. They were colonies of bugs that ate people and then thought they were people. Cool, I read Alan Moore's Swamp Thing, I get it. But that got me expecting more explanations. What's the deal with the 10 foot tall vampire, and the invisible woman, and the fish guy. Defeating the fish guy got me an explanation for the werewolves, they're people with a parasite in them. But it just made the fish guy even weirder. He can also control goo with his mind?

I know Miranda is related to the mold, and the mold can do a lot of stuff. But the vampire daughters weren't mold, and neither are the werewolves. So does that mean the bosses are their own unique thing too? Or are they all somehow going to be mold too?

the vampire daughters are mold, which is why they do the same calcifying death animation as all the other mold people in both RE7 and RE8

i know your next question is going to be "then why can they turn into bugs" and the answer is that morimasa sato would rather you not think too hard about it

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Vermain posted:

the vampire daughters are mold, which is why they do the same calcifying death animation as all the other mold people in both RE7 and RE8

i know your next question is going to be "then why can they turn into bugs" and the answer is that morimasa sato would rather you not think too hard about it

but there's a document that says they're bugs. That's why they're hurt by the cold.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Bugs are mold irl

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Gripweed posted:

but there's a document that says they're bugs. That's why they're hurt by the cold.

you'll recall that marguerite also controlled bugs via mold in RE7, so that's the precedent they're leaning on

for better or worse, part of RE's signature horror style is that everything has some kind of "scientific" explanation, so the illusion-creating doll lady, the bug goth girls, the slime vomit frog man, and elton john magneto are all hanging from the same mouldering branch

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
He seemed more like a Nick Cage magneto to me

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Vermain posted:

you'll recall that marguerite also controlled bugs via mold in RE7, so that's the precedent they're leaning on

for better or worse, part of RE's signature horror style is that everything has some kind of "scientific" explanation, so the illusion-creating doll lady, the bug goth girls, the slime vomit frog man, and elton john magneto are all hanging from the same mouldering branch

Ok so the vampire daughters are colonies of bugs that ate people and now think they're people, and also are being controlled by mold?

Gherkin Jerkin
Jan 22, 2006

With great power, comes great crunchability...

Gripweed posted:

Still playing RE8...

[snip]

I'll answer your questions with a better one: how does a walking block of tofu armed with a knife make sense?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Just imagine that “mold” in RE7/8 plays the same role as “nanomachines” in metal gear revengeance

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Gripweed posted:

Ok so the vampire daughters are colonies of bugs that ate people and now think they're people, and also are being controlled by mold?

i believe they're mold-infected creatures that gradually gained sentience after eating people. there's some more Mold Lore later on in the game that explains things better, but at a certain point the game's just expecting you to understand that "mold" is the equivalent of, like, a bad guy in a fantasy game jabbing a magic rock in his chest and turning into a monster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
every vaguely zombifying substance in resident evil is the equivalent of that