Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Welcome to this month's regular chat thread. Where we talk about games and gaming and the gaming we have done on our game machines, and also other random stuff.

These are some of big names releasing this month:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (Feb 29th so it is out now!)
Unicorn Overlord (March 8)
Llamasoft: The Jeff Minter Story (March 13) (Karateka vibes apparently)
Alone in the Dark (March 20) (Another remake)
Dragon’s Dogma 2 (March 22)
Princess Peach: Showtime! (March 22)
Rise of the Rōnin (March 22)

If I have missed any, tell me and I will update the op!

Please enjoy video gaming responsibly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Wake me up when September ends.

Maybe then STALKER 2 will finally be released....

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Release the games.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Can we not do a chat thread this month? I'm trying to catch up on my chat thread backlog..

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

mutata posted:

Can we not do a chat thread this month? I'm trying to catch up on my chat thread backlog..

You will miss out on this chat thread's DLC roadmap if we do.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
it's his time of the year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwEr6ZpBVSA

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Thank you video games for giving me the experience of owning an absolutely shittastic garbage rear end car

Also thank you for making it consume trash to repair instead of money

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

VideoGames posted:

You will miss out on this chat thread's DLC roadmap if we do.

I bought the 2024 Chat Thread Battle Chest, so all the DLC will just get added to my stash, but I'll probably just end up trashing the March thread for crafting materials anyway.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Chattlepass

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

First

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I'm gonna game irresponsibly :twisted:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Slidin into March chat

https://i.imgur.com/w8LFKEc.mp4

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

beware the slides of Warch

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lotta games this month

Too bad I'll be busy playing Balatro

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Happy Marth everyone

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Can't wait for March. New Fortnite season starts the 8th. :woop:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Happy Gaming everyone!
I hope all of your favourite games-as-a-service games survived the leap year !!

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
I beat Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen last weekend and it was good, I enjoyed it, but I really hope the rough edges gets ironed out in the sequel. I had more trouble running into random nigh unkillable bandits than I did with any large monster. It could be I am bad at games.

Also thank the spirits they gave an Eternal Ferrystone for teleporting but I'm not looking forward to playing the sequel without having one of those, I dont think you shouldve lost stamina running if you werent in combat. Getting anywhere took a long time and it was often boring, I hope theres more in the sequel for fast(er) travel options.

I dont have a machine capable of playing Dragons Dogma 2 anyways so maybe it will be remastered as Dragons Dogma 2 Dark Arisen Harder by the time I get a chance to play it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This month is too packed. Unicorn Overlord, Dragons Dogma 2, and Rise of the Ronin are all games I want to buy.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://x.com/jeffgerstmann/status/1763587260254228874?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Im doing a Bg 1 thru 2 mod lp. So far no games bought for 2024 so going strong on my pledge.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
For those of you who haven't been paying attention, as of today, 2024 is now the year of Ufouria: The Saga 2 Hebereke 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWn4DXD3Hfc

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Geoff Keighley - "Make sure to buy the Slurpjuice DLC for you AI GameScent experience!"

Jeff Gerstmann - "gently caress this dumb bullshit selling your data"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'd buy slurp juice dlc

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I'd only buy slurp juice DLC if there's a guarantee I could get up to three (3) more apes

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Also the third final fantasy game will be called ReBar. It will primarily be an economic simulation game (naturally they'll bring in consultants from Sega's RGG team) where Tifa establishes 7th Heaven franchises.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

I'm playing through Xenogears and am not blown away by all the Jungian theory.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
The wife's been wanting to play a horror game with a good story but also you can blow people's heads off. She's replaying Wolfenstein: The New Order because she considers that and The New Colossus her favourite games (She has fantastic taste, what can I say) but she would like something new. The Last Of Us is something she really wants to play but at almost £50 it's way beyond our budget. Something with lenient autoaim would be helpful since she isn't the most precise shooter and has issues tracking.

So far we've played:

Bioshock 1 & Infinite
Resi 2 + 4 Remake
Resi 7 + 8
Dead Space Remake + 2
Alan Wake (She doesn't want to play the new one yet)
CONTROL
The Darkness 2
Dishonoured 1 + 2

Is The Evil Within series worth checking out? I heard the first is kind of meh but the second is decent, do we need to play them in order?

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Songbearer posted:

The wife's been wanting to play a horror game with a good story but also you can blow people's heads off. She's replaying Wolfenstein: The New Order because she considers that and The New Colossus her favourite games (She has fantastic taste, what can I say) but she would like something new. The Last Of Us is something she really wants to play but at almost £50 it's way beyond our budget. Something with lenient autoaim would be helpful since she isn't the most precise shooter and has issues tracking.

So far we've played:

Bioshock 1 & Infinite
Resi 2 + 4 Remake
Resi 7 + 8
Dead Space Remake + 2
CONTROL
The Darkness 2
Dishonoured 1 + 2

Is The Evil Within series worth checking out? I heard the first is kind of meh but the second is decent, do we need to play them in order?

Alien Isolation

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

F.E.A.R. and Returnal are probably good bets

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

DalaranJ posted:

Also the third final fantasy game will be called ReBar. It will primarily be an economic simulation game (naturally they'll bring in consultants from Sega's RGG team) where Tifa establishes 7th Heaven franchises.

The third Final Fantasy game came out 34 years ago

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

The third Final Fantasy game came out 34 years ago

It’s the first one where you get to change jobs, so obviously an economic simulation right?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Dude had to pull out an air purifier he got for the fires to try to clean this up. I'm excited to hear how bad it still is when he does his NES stream this afternoon. What a dumb, funny device.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Infinitum posted:

F.E.A.R. and Returnal are probably good bets

FEAR's such a good game, goddamn

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

let's call our new paranormal-investigation squad FEAR (i.e. First Encounter Assault Recon), i'm sure that'll work out ok

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

Suzerain DLC comes out this month. Out March 25th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOln2sSNxOs

"Experience the rulership of a new country in the Suzerain Universe with The Kingdom of Rizia DLC – the first-ever expansion of the critically-acclaimed political role-playing game Suzerain. As King Romus Toras, you will explore the kingdom's geopolitical and internal conflicts from a monarch's perspective."

The original campaign is one of my favorite Visual Novel with game systems that I have played.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Songbearer posted:

Prey 2016, especially if you liked Dishonored

Someone's probably going to laugh at this, but Doom 3

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

Songbearer posted:

So far we've played:

Bioshock 1 & Infinite
Resi 2 + 4 Remake
Resi 7 + 8
Dead Space Remake + 2
CONTROL
The Darkness 2
Dishonoured 1 + 2

Play Prey!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

haveblue posted:

Someone's probably going to laugh at this, but Doom 3

Nah yeah, aside from the Space Closets stuff it was legitimately spooky for most of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Dragons Dogma up against Princess Peach.