Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

tup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Hollismason posted:

Biden hasn't even legitimately started campaigning in earnest yet either. Where as Trumps been steadily campaigning for at least 6 months now.

Trump has been campaigning since Eacalator Day and will go to his grave campaigning. Dude never stopped.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Hollismason posted:

Biden hasn't even legitimately started campaigning in earnest yet either. Where as Trumps been steadily campaigning for at least 6 months now.

It would be funny if the Trump had no money to campaign in the final months because of legal woes and looting GOP bank accounts already.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

dip shits who answer unknown number lean trump? :nallears:

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

NoiseAnnoys posted:

lol a nate silver joint.
nah, ABC kicked him out last year and installed new management

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

Has anyone had some psychologist have a look at these for a professional opinion or two?

He’s just fuckin nutso.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

chaibat posted:

I skipped ahead 5 pages to post lol goddam what a banger.

please try not to do this is the future. it ruins everybody's posting experience imvho

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

kazil posted:

John Amann told NBC News he bought $2,200 worth of Trump Bucks and other items over the past year only to discover they were worthless when he tried to cash them in at his local bank. So he’s gone on Twitter to warn other Trump supporters not to fall for this scam

Hmm but maybe my bank will accept them? I’m gonna buy thousands and be rich!

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Stoatbringer posted:

He’s just fuckin nutso.

Finally a medical opinion.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

FuturePastNow posted:

lol 800 people polled by cellphone, polling companies have to just make up numbers now

probably just have a few thousand people on a list of "desperate enough for human interaction to pick up for a poll" so it's just constantly the same people polled over and over again

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Hollismason posted:

You misspelled 8 years.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Grift yourselves all into the trailer park, I don't mind. Anyone supporting Trump has only themselves to blame for this.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

The article is a year old but this quote is evergreen:

the article posted:

“We thought she got it, she even admitted she got scammed,” the Florida woman said. “But then giant boxes arrived at the house full of Trump checks and other stuff that she bought for $500 and that would supposedly be worth $6 million one day. We tell her she’s getting scammed and she says, ‘Just wait, Trump will make all the patriots rich.’”

“It’s like she’s in a cult,” the Florida woman said.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Wait.. my pallets of TrumpBux I store in the basement are worthless?. Sure, I'll keep voting for the guy but he's on notice.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

The economy is going to continue to be an issue because the economy potentially looks really different depending on where you are standing in it. Investing? New jobs? Doing great. Upper and middle class are rocking it. Poor? Inflation has been brutal. You got forced out of work from home. Trumps poison pill tax reforms went away. Maybe you didn't get student loans forgiven because you were too poor to have any in the first place. The housing market and homelessness continues to get worse. Can you change jobs? Maybe, maybe not. Bidens done stuff to help, and Trump would be worse but it's easy to dream of greener pastures and have a little covid nostalgia for slower times where it felt like there was just more help being thrown around.

Add to that some weird covid backlash from a demographic of younger people that spent covid with Trump and the Republicans telling them that they should be able to go out and have fun, go to bars, gyms, shows, etc.

Russia shutting down oil exports for six months won't help the prices this summer and in the meantime the government is in deadlock. Barely squeaking out these continuing resolutions and playing shut down chicken.

But polls shouldn't be trusted until the primaries are over really. And even then no one seems to believe that it will be Biden vs Trump. Biden because of his age and Trump because of the crimes. Plus the disinfo shrieking and general polling problems most people have noted.

Biden has the advantage as far as I'm concerned. There is a loud screeching coming from the right wing but its not one of triumph.

:lol:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
Nashville. perfect

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

No one in the Bible ever drank alcohol. Fact.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Please, this is a Christian server nightclub.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Rails coke all night WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JESUS!

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

This is a Christian nightclub, we give out free wine and snacks to everyone.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
So there is no twerking, but how do they feel about the most forbidden dance, the lambada?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

An entire night club made for people who got mad about about Megan Thee Stallion's cameo on She Hulk.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Also this thread has been more consistently correct about stuff than um other threads. So yeah I am not worried yet. Just go out and volunteer and vote and etc.

If you're in a blue state, the best thing you can do is volunteer to phone bank for get out the vote drives in swing states. We can beat Trump in the general, but we have to do the groundwork to make it happen.

Do it even if you're thinking that Trump loses anyway, because a big get out the vote drive will make him lose by more, which will produce even more :lol:s. And that's what we're all here for. That and saving the loving world, because we all know how hosed up the next four years will be if Trump wins.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

mllaneza posted:

If you're in a blue state, the best thing you can do is volunteer to phone bank for get out the vote drives in swing states. We can beat Trump in the general, but we have to do the groundwork to make it happen.

Do it even if you're thinking that Trump loses anyway, because a big get out the vote drive will make him lose by more, which will produce even more :lol:s. And that's what we're all here for. That and saving the loving world, because we all know how hosed up the next four years will be if Trump wins.

this.

Blurred posted:

Yeah, what Trump has succeeded in doing in the last two elections is getting a lot of so-called "unreliable" voters out from under their rocks and voting reliably for him. I think this is part of the reason why polling underestimated his support in both 2016 and 2020, because the polls are weighted to screen these voters out (not sure if that applies to 2024 polls, though: giving a higher weight to "unreliable voters" to compensate for the misses of the last two elections might be one reason for his strong polling atm, as you say). The Republicans have been losing support among certain demographics (suburban women, educated people, the 18-29s, etc.), but he's compensated for that by bringing in a motley bunch of voters who idolize Trump, but who otherwise have no coherent political ideology or policy agenda. In the past, if you met someone who believed that "both parties are the same", that "politicians don't care about me", that "the world is being run by Jewish lizardmen", etc., then you'd assume that these people either wouldn't be voting or that they'd be voting in fairly random, unpredictable ways. In 2024, you know exactly who these people will be voting for. He somehow managed to find an extra 12 million people to vote for him the 2020 election as compared to 2016, and I'm guessing most of those came from exactly that source. Who the gently caress knows how deep that well runs.

Turnout will be key again. It's worth nothing that 2020 had the highest turnout percentage of any election since 1900 (which was before women could vote) and I don't see any sign of Trump's base cracking yet. If the so-called "moderates" or "independents" didn't abandon him in 2020, then they're not going to abandon him in 2024 (convictions pending), and the rest of his base wouldn't abandon him even if he shat on the American flag and called Jesus a pussy. So Biden needs to get a similar turnout in 2024 to the one he got in 2020 to beat Trump, and I don't think the enthusiasm for him is anywhere near where it needs to be at the moment. Fortunately, of course, a lot of people would crawl over broken glass to vote against Trump, irrespective of who his opponent is, but I don't see much evidence of that in the polling yet. The enthusiasm gap will close once the Biden campaign kicks off, of course, but it doesn't change the fact that Biden clearly appears to be trailing on that metric at the moment. This isn't dooming, just a warning against complacency.

i think alot of people are scared of trump and the GOP and keep quiet about politics for various reasons. most people arnt uber political types and will only start tuning in during the summer/fall.

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002
why didn't my wall donations work out, or my chud nfts, or my golden shoes, or my SPAC investment, or my maga coins, or my other maga coins. drat it hunter

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Fishmasher posted:

why didn't my wall donations work out, or my chud nfts, or my golden shoes, or my SPAC investment, or my maga coins, or my other maga coins. drat it hunter

*Hunter Biden quips impishly at a Senator*

Spindle
Feb 12, 2008

Baby, we're rich

mllaneza posted:

Do it even if you're thinking that Trump loses anyway, because a big get out the vote drive will make him lose by more, which will produce even more :lol:s.

Other benefits of bigger margins:
1) Less chance of having to wait several days to know who won, so we can sleep.
2) Every little bit helps the downticket, which is how we get out of this loving mess in the long term.
3) Push the public perception/media coverage away from "VOTER FRAUD (the evidence is in my heart)" and toward "Republicans crying wolf as usual".
4) The more loser stink on Trump, the more the GOP will suffer trying to pivot while he owns the RNC.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Fishmasher posted:

Is this the reason why chuds think Bidenomics isn't working? Because 90% of their pay or social security checks are going to grifts?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

nine-gear crow posted:

Is this the reason why chuds think Bidenomics isn't working? Because 90% of their pay or social security checks are going to grifts?

$5000 monthly donation to "TRUMP"!?

Well, better keep that going

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

nine-gear crow posted:

gotta love people getting fleeced blaming the incorrect party for why they're left out in the cold

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Recounts in at least two swing states, litigation takes one or both results into late December (maybe to the SC?) . Both candidates die before it's resolved.

gently caress I hate the SC they gave it to bush and this one will absolutely give it to trump.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Bad things aren't happening to Trump fast enough and I want my lols goddamnit.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Captain Fargle posted:

Bad things aren't happening to Trump fast enough and I want my lols goddamnit.

they put it in the papers that he's poor

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Having to admit in court he could *only* afford $100M is a :lol::lol::lol: bigly enough to sate me for the next couple of weeks.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Azuth0667 posted:

gently caress I hate the SC they gave it to bush and this one will absolutely give it to trump.

toxx it coward

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

These people aren't having any real fun. It's all performative so they can say "SEE look what the power of JESUS can do if you BELIEVE in Him!" with those soulless dead eyes they all have.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

In Crooked Joe Biden’s America, you can no longer afford to help President Trump with his legal fees/maintain his standard of living and simultaneously support your own family.

Very, very unfair.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

“Twerk Police! Stop that right now!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

that sounds like the worst club ever and i hate nightclubs