Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

Grey Cat posted:

I will accept interesting alternative songs to amazing grace as long as long as there's no praying. The moment I see hands together longer than a clap to the beat I'm coming back to haunt you.

Oh yeah, screw the prayers crap. I should have been more specific; my bad.

Edit: dreadful snipe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwPg8gJq_Kw

Also, I think it was this thread or its predecessor where someone mentioned Metallica as a “chuddy” band. I might be too old to remember properly now, but in my past as a fan I always found them weirdly liberal for a metal band: criticizing the treatment of mentally ill people, war, environmental destruction, the justice system, the death penalty, homelessness, child abuse, etc.

Apologies if I got it all wrong and my edit sucks.

Ars Arcanum fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Mar 3, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
How would you like to be dying at a Trump rally while the crowd chants Amazing Grace and Donald is getting impatient

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
The trail-off-to-moan is pretty much a textbook incontinence moment.

Poor ol' Trumpy; thought of Russians and voided his bowels

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

TotalLossBrain posted:

How would you like to be dying at a Trump rally while the crowd chants Amazing Grace and Donald is getting impatient

HEY HEY DONALD J
HOW MANY CHUDS DID YOU KILL TODAY

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

TotalLossBrain posted:

Turmp in mic: "Hey, hey! Stop singing! Now look at me. I am God now."
*Crowd murmurs in agreement*
*Meteor hits arena*
*Turmp supporters not at rally and still living don't get the message and still worship their smote golden calf*

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
At least one Roman Emperor died because he got so pissed off by some bad news he was slammed hard by the Strokemeister.

What I’m saying is that every time there’s some hilariously bad news (for Trump) making the rounds, I pray in my own way.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

TotalLossBrain posted:

This will be a part of a play for the comedy segment in act 2 many years from now.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
They were singing not chanting right? A crowd chanting Amazing Graze is some Eldritch terror poo poo.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Supposedly the one person who had to get CPR had kids with them

Last memory of parent, watching orange man stroke out

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I'm sure the kids were just happy to be there.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I'm sure Trump will take care of that broken family personally.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
None-zero chance one kid thought or said something to the tune of “I bet we get to meet Trump now! Thanks dad!”

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Grey Cat posted:

He will give them 10,000% match instead of the regular 5000%

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
I was thinking about that ron paul clip and ended up learning somethging

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sock_and_buskin

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Grey Cat posted:

I know the thread got done reminiscing about classic lols a while ago but this conjured another:

As president when he promised $10,000 to a fallen veteran's family in a speech or media appearance and ultimately had to be browbeat by said family and media into actually cutting the check weeks later.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Grey Cat posted:

Trump likes supporters who didn't die at his rallies, ok? I hate to tell you.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
You know, one of these days someone’s gonna go back and reread some of the awful, terrible things they’ve wished upon Trump and the GOP in this thread.

Not me, though.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

TotalLossBrain posted:

Not only that but as your vision starts narrowing you can make out at least 3 people near you just "mmm nerrr hnerr" -ing their way through it since they don't know the words

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Tmupfs brain is liquid now. Would we really know the difference if he shat it all out one morning?

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

You know, one of these days someone’s gonna go back and reread some of the awful, terrible things they’ve wished upon Trump and the GOP in this thread.

Not me, though.
I will, because I will need a laugh after a long day or something.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Fabulousity posted:

I know the thread got done reminiscing about classic lols a while ago but this conjured another:

As president when he promised $10,000 to a fallen veteran's family in a speech or media appearance and ultimately had to be browbeat by said family and media into actually cutting the check weeks later.

I remember this!

Also big lol when he surprised the grieving UK parents of someone that had been killed by a drunk US Diplomat, with meeting that Diplomat at the White House, courtesy of Don!

Lmao. SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKERS!

Pls make up.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Ars Arcanum posted:

Oh yeah, screw the prayers crap. I should have been more specific; my bad.

Edit: dreadful snipe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwPg8gJq_Kw

Also, I think it was this thread or its predecessor where someone mentioned Metallica as a “chuddy” band. I might be too old to remember properly now, but in my past as a fan I always found them weirdly liberal for a metal band: criticizing the treatment of mentally ill people, war, environmental destruction, the justice system, the death penalty, homelessness, child abuse, etc.

Apologies if I got it all wrong and my edit sucks.

Lars is famous for whining about napster while being a multimillionaire trust fund baby from a rich family, and Jimmy Hetfield is into bear hunting because what the hell else do rich people do with their money. Also all those guys except Rob Trujillo mentally and emotionally abused Jason Newsted the entire time he was in the band. And I know Rob Trujillo is a "small business owner". Oh and at least one of them is a landlord IIRC

They're all lovely rich people and I think the only cool thing they try to do these days is help lesser known bands make more money and get more exposure

I'm sure they actually believe a lot of the stuff in their lyrics but at the end of the day all they really care about is money

The only thing positive I'll say about Hetfield is that he knows when he needs to check himself back into rehab. That takes a lot of courage

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Which reminds me... This goes back a bunch of pages, but I'm behind and trying to catch up:

Grey Cat posted:

He looks like my grandma in this picture.

I wish Trump looked like my grandma right now, too.

My grandma died in 2003.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Apraxin posted:

nah, ABC kicked him out last year and installed new management

Eh let’s not white wash it. ABC laid off half of 538. It wasn’t because of anything Nate wanted to do

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP
If the chuds aren't getting grifted directly by Trumptf and his cronies they are getting scammed by North Macedonians. LOL

"MAGA faithful lose millions to fake Trump debit cards from North Macedonia"

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...SHnq7WBtHz0qXP8

"The RFE/RL report leads with 86-year-old Ann Bratton, a Tennessee retiree who spent $6,000 on “Trump cards” — fake debit cards with a total “registered value” of $4 million — under the theory that she could live comfortably on the $5,000 per day each of these “Trump cards” would let her withdraw from Nashville-area ATMs. Needless to say, the cards did not work — so Bratton naively spent more money trying to get them to work. "

Goddamn they are stupid as gently caress.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Imagine getting to 86 years old and not being satisfied with having enough money.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

TotalLossBrain posted:

I remember this!

Also big lol when he surprised the grieving UK parents of someone that had been killed by a drunk US Diplomat, with meeting that Diplomat at the White House, courtesy of Don!

Lmao. SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKERS!

Pls make up.

I had totally forgotten about this.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

"Live comfortably" on $5,000 a day. Yeah, I could live comfortably on that too.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Some good news from half way across the world.

Yesterday there was a by-election in my parents electorate in outer suburban Melbourne. Because the sitting MP tragically died of breast cancer. (My dad met her once, and he says she was a lovely woman)

Anyway, the Opposition leader and the Opposition deputy leader have been running a US style "culture war bullshit" style campaign for the last few weeks. With the Opposition deputy leader Sussan Ley going so far as to tweet "If you are in favour of Australian women getting assaulted by foreigners, than you should vote Labor"

The Labor candidate ended up winning on first preferences! (Although there was a small swing against them. But that is to be expected in a by-election against the government,)

To keep it Trump related: gosh he is a poopy faced butthole hated by everyone he has ever met isn't he?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Strong Sauce posted:

Eh let’s not white wash it. ABC laid off half of 538. It wasn’t because of anything Nate wanted to do

Isn’t it 269 now?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I can't recall this specific time frame in the election cycle in 2020 and 2016, but I did another long drive today and saw no Trump signage. No political signage at all, so maybe that's it. I'm solidly in Trump country, and at some point in the previous elections there were signs and flags everywhere.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

86-year-old: Why if I had $4 million bux I could get that plastic surgery and hot wardrobe I always wanted, pull up to the club in my Lambo,

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Regalingualius posted:

Isn’t it 269 now?

It's a shame it's 270 to win

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

You know, one of these days someone’s gonna go back and reread some of the awful, terrible things they’ve wished upon Trump and the GOP in this thread and regret them.

Holy poo poo, what a difference two words make, lol!

COVID brain sucks…

Not me, though.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Stories about old people being fleeced make me sad, but then also that person probably personally donates to Donald Trump so its hard to like completely feel sorry for them.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
I'm currently involved in a conversation where the other party is asserting that even though the Heritage Foundation directly aided in Trump's transition into the White House, and selected hundreds of cabinet members for his administration, as well as co-authoring the list of SCOTUS nominee picks that Trump used to make his three selections, they have no direct influence over Trump. All those positional picks were just suggestions that have no weight as to policy or directives, and any perceived influence is coincidental.
Additionally, I am being 'hysterical' for showing any concern whatsoever about Project 2025, which was authored by several members of said Heritage Foundation, including a few lesser members of former President Trump's cabinet. This is just the pendulum swinging the other way, and out constitutional republic is, in fact, too durable for Trump's machinations.
Furthermore, no one should vote for Biden, because he allowed Roe v Wade to be overturned, and Alabama's IVF ruling happened while he was President as well.

I just do not get people.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
They fell for the rightwing media propaganda scam and decided denial is easier than admitting they got scammed.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

A person that stupid, delusional, or acting in such bad faith deserves nothing other than you ignoring them.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

That's amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Obsidianheart posted:

I'm currently involved in a conversation where the other party is asserting that even though the Heritage Foundation directly aided in Trump's transition into the White House, and selected hundreds of cabinet members for his administration, as well as co-authoring the list of SCOTUS nominee picks that Trump used to make his three selections, they have no direct influence over Trump. All those positional picks were just suggestions that have no weight as to policy or directives, and any perceived influence is coincidental.
Additionally, I am being 'hysterical' for showing any concern whatsoever about Project 2025, which was authored by several members of said Heritage Foundation, including a few lesser members of former President Trump's cabinet. This is just the pendulum swinging the other way, and out constitutional republic is, in fact, too durable for Trump's machinations.
Furthermore, no one should vote for Biden, because he allowed Roe v Wade to be overturned, and Alabama's IVF ruling happened while he was President as well.

I just do not get people.

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.”