Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Yeah FF7 Remake didn’t really have free exploration zones at all. Rebirth has a heavy focus on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Whoever said that Remake was like a tech demo for Rebirth was not loving around with that statement. Rebirth even kind of pulls a trick on you in the opening hours to remind you (in case you forgot in the last 4 years) of how guided and confined the Midgar experience was by comparison and then kind of just opens the door and says 'okay have fun doing the opposite of that'

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Nice!

ImpAtom posted:

The environments and exploration elements are genuinely on a completely different level from the previous game. It's going from largely enclosed city areas to open world map areas (with some more enclosed/dungeon city areas for good measure.)

Cool to hear, I can enjoy wandering in a city or hub area etc, and for me open fields can be where modern open world game design can get a little samey or kind of "not pay attention to" etc. Even though it's a nice vibe. So it's cool to hear about interesting touches and a full design feel to it etc.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I just 100% completed the first open world area lol. Boy howdy

Time to finally cross that swamp!

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Heavy Metal posted:

Cool to hear, I can enjoy wandering in a city or hub area etc, and for me open fields can be where modern open world game design can get a little samey or kind of "not pay attention to" etc. Even though it's a nice vibe. So it's cool to hear about interesting touches and a full design feel to it etc.

Each zone has mostly the same side activities (four artifact hunts, one chocobo stealth game, three QTE caves, etc) so depending on how well those click with you, it might feel samey. But each one is very visually distinct and there’s even a lot of visual variety within each zone. So in that sense, it’s not samey at all.

Boy of Joy
Sep 28, 2001
I thought I was dead. But I think I'm Cleopatra, too.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Whoever said that Remake was like a tech demo for Rebirth was not loving around with that statement. Rebirth even kind of pulls a trick on you in the opening hours to remind you (in case you forgot in the last 4 years) of how guided and confined the Midgar experience was by comparison and then kind of just opens the door and says 'okay have fun doing the opposite of that'
Even in Nibelheim chapter 1 the experience for me was revelatory compared to Remake, simply being able to vault over and jump up (and off!) stuff feels so transformative to the confined traversal of Midgar. And now that I’m actually free to stretch my legs in the first open world area, it’s sublime. Gonna savor this game for sure

Just wish there was more stuff you can break with your rolling and buster swording! Still ain’t got nothing on FromSoft for that

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Boy of Joy posted:

Even in Nibelheim chapter 1 the experience for me was revelatory compared to Remake, simply being able to vault over and jump up (and off!) stuff feels so transformative to the confined traversal of Midgar. And now that I’m actually free to stretch my legs in the first open world area, it’s sublime. Gonna savor this game for sure

Just wish there was more stuff you can break with your rolling and buster swording! Still ain’t got nothing on FromSoft for that

I have good news for you about later down the line.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Barret will not stop tripping over barrels and pieces of wood, how many times do I have to tell you...!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

It is pretty funny walking into a room and hearing a clattering of physics objects from your party members walking around

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

So many times when going into a shop or an inn I’ll hear a loud slam then turn around to see my party members just loving up all the furniture. Tifa just launching chairs off the balcony of the Junon inn. Red pitching a bench into the harbor.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

man nurse posted:

It is pretty funny walking into a room and hearing a clattering of physics objects from your party members walking around

I hope this comes back in DD2.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

There’s a vendor later on who seemingly refuses to sell you anything if you knock over any of the piles of crap littering his store on your way in

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I grinded to level 40 in Helldivers and unlocked most of the poo poo available, kind of glad I did because I will be away for a while

Hopefully y'all won't be too much beyond me by the time I get back to Protecting Freedom in like may or june lol

I played through the Yuffie chapter and the first hour of Rebirth last night and today, and I think it's time once again to defend Managed Democracy throughout the galaxy.

They're a real good complement, actually -- after a few hours of relatively slow-paced RPG, I'm ready for some bug blasting action.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I hope there's an anti-material rifle or some kind of laser gun for Barrett in Rebirth.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

I hope there's an anti-material rifle or some kind of laser gun for Barrett in Rebirth.

If limit breaks count he starts with one.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

man nurse posted:

Whenever I go back to Chocobo Ranch I try to get the materials behind the shop counter carefully and then Tifa and Aerith storm through knocking everything over and it's funny every time.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

i'm up to Mt. Corel and there's been too many great moments to count.

man nurse posted:

I was in a store menu in Costa del Sol and Aerith had a table caught around her feet and I could hear it banging around the entire time lol

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Dewgy posted:

The intro to FF7R2 left me with a solid :manning: on my face. It’s very good but this game is already up to some bullshit, let me tell you whut.

I was very confused by it but I also didn't want to ask wtf was up with it in the main thread and just have the answer dumped on me. At the time I was really high and had literally just finished remake and was worried I had just missed something zoning out during the credits. I haven't played crisis core or seen advent children so anytime Zack shows up I'm just like 'oh right that's the guy'

I developed a habit in the shinra building of just obsessively knocking over everything and now there's even more poo poo to knock over everywhere and it sounds so funny, like bowling pins or something

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Mar 3, 2024

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Augus posted:

ff7 rebirth is extremely good

Final fantasy 7r2 is the greatest game of all time!

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

man nurse posted:

They knew this happens and decided to keep it in. I love their delibrate design choices

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I have another PS+ cloud question and I can’t figure out. I know that if you bought a game on the PSN it becomes available for you to stream from the cloud but is that true for every game?

I kinda want to buy unicorn overlord and it would be awesome if I could stream it to my deck I know I can do it locally but I’d like the option to have it in the cloud too.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I 100% the Grasslands, I can have actual plot happen tomorrow oh god am I going to plat this game.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I just opened this thread to make a post about how I love that ff7r2 has the best rear end in a top hat physics since max Payne 2. Absolutely trashing the poo poo out of every shop we enter. It's like every party member is trying to make content for their pranks based YouTube channel at once.

I am going to 100% this game, but I'm probably not going in for an entire second run on hard mode, so no plat for me.

As far as the opening scene goes - and this is a spoiler from remake pt1 - wasn't it made pretty clear in the final cutscenes that we've split into 2 simultaneous alternate timelines? I imagine we play one but the other is going to breach, cross over and gently caress stuff up - basing that solely on what happened in pt1

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Mar 3, 2024

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

cubicle gangster posted:

As far as the opening scene goes - and this is a spoiler from remake pt1 - wasn't it made pretty clear in the final cutscenes that we've split into 2 simultaneous alternate timelines? I imagine we play one but the other is going to breach, cross over and gently caress stuff up - basing that solely on what happened in pt1

I don't specifically remember it being spelled out but it also makes sense and explains it quite neatly so I can believe I just missed that

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I don't specifically remember it being spelled out but it also makes sense and explains it quite neatly so I can believe I just missed that

I remember now, I think It was the post credits scene. It's reasonably clear what's happening in the context of the ending of remake, but very, very brief. If you glanced away I could see the editing that made it clear being totally missed. Going off memory still but its only a few seconds.
This opening scene of rebirth was a direct continuation of that shot.

Still, stoked to find out what they're going to do with it.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Mar 3, 2024

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I can’t believe how beautiful this game is. My trek to Leyndell in pictures.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Man the 5% of the time FF7 Rebirth is slow and annoying really does pale in comparison to the 95% of the time where it’s one of the best games ever made

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

cheeseboy58 posted:

looking more and more to be the case

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Spent half an hour trying to beat the third fort Condor thing unsuccessfully kill me now

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
https://twitter.com/NYPDnews/status/1764010339811668173

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Did they just arrest Aya Brea

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Escobarbarian posted:

Man the 5% of the time FF7 Rebirth is slow and annoying really does pale in comparison to the 95% of the time where it’s one of the best games ever made

I'm so close to just ignoring all the open world poo poo. The sidequests are way better, but for the rest I might do enough to get one or two good materia and leave.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

WaltherFeng posted:

Did they just arrest Aya Brea

no, squall leonhart

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I just found last night that Chadley's tutorial battles also give some good materia, getting that level 2 healing early on is pretty nice.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

kirbysuperstar posted:

Spent half an hour trying to beat the third fort Condor thing unsuccessfully kill me now

The third was no problem. But the fourth…

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

SeeD turned into the FBI so quickly we didn't even notice

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Tried to use my Inzones to connect to the PS5 and my laptop at the same time to listen to veeg while playing but the laptop sound would just constantly be all staticky and weird :(

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Tried to use my Inzones to connect to the PS5 and my laptop at the same time to listen to veeg while playing but the laptop sound would just constantly be all staticky and weird :(

bad quality audio or didn't work at all? there are some tutorials out there on how to set this up, but it's not a feature i've used yet to connect my rotary phone, so...

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bad quality audio or didn't work at all? there are some tutorials out there on how to set this up, but it's not a feature i've used yet to connect my rotary phone, so...

It would be okay for like 20 seconds and then just get kinda glitchy sounding. PS5 audio would stay fine throughout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

cheeseboy58 posted:

it's true