Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

https://x.com/buffalosabres/status/1764118112016781806?s=46&t=ZmcWuigp8va-srUE4rOQ8Q

Dylan Cozens scored two shorties. Sabres have won 5 of their last 6

Vibes are back baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Getting loving stonewalled by Samsonov. Pathetic.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/CharlieBorgesJr/status/1764109495527940369

Would be very worried about hitching the franchise to a 35 year old goalie.

Yeah that's bonkers, especially if that's actually their plan
there's any number of goalie scenarios that could play out in the offseason (for instance, the Bruins needing to dump Ulmark to pay Swayman - though admittedly they will have room to keep both if they want to but it'd be a high dollar luxury they could use to bolster other bits of their roster)

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
I actually think it's a really good idea

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
The Bruins don't need to dump Ullmark to pay Sway (they'll have like $20M in cap space when the season ends) although it'd be smart to do so. Swayman is clearly the better goalie and he's significantly younger. I was hoping they'd trade Ullmark after he won the Vezina because his value would never be higher.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Jamwad Hilder posted:

The Bruins don't need to dump Ullmark to pay Sway (they'll have like $20M in cap space when the season ends) although it'd be smart to do so. Swayman is clearly the better goalie and he's significantly younger. I was hoping they'd trade Ullmark after he won the Vezina because his value would never be higher.

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, having two starting goalies is probably a great choice in the modern NHL but at the same time, even with just a year left he's gonna fetch a 1st, prospect, and roster player at the very least

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, having two starting goalies is probably a great choice in the modern NHL but at the same time, even with just a year left he's gonna fetch a 1st, prospect, and roster player at the very least

As much as I wish that were true, goalies never get returns like that. Although it's been a while since a guy with Ullmark's rep has been moved. If they move him it'll be in the off-season I think, and I do think they should. He was brought on as a stop gap between Rask and Swayman and just happened to also play really well.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/BR_OpenIce/status/1764118680089030761?t=ktmR_YobKBdOZJp8kzVF0g&s=19

Rempe's left orbital bone has to be dust at this point, right?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Jamwad Hilder posted:

As much as I wish that were true, goalies never get returns like that. Although it's been a while since a guy with Ullmark's rep has been moved. If they move him it'll be in the off-season I think, and I do think they should. He was brought on as a stop gap between Rask and Swayman and just happened to also play really well.

There were pretty decent options to be had the last few years in UFA for goalie gambles
this offseason is a goddamned wasteland though so anybody who wants a legitimate starter is gonna have to trade for one - so I'd speculate at least that the market is gonna be a bit hotter than years past since there's quite a few teams on the cusp of something thinking "but for the sake of our lovely goalie"

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
It's not Markstrom's age anyone should be worried about, it's a random 30 point drop in save percentage next year because goalies are complete voodoo.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
Do you think Ullmark's trade value might have gone down a bit after Kyle Palmieri hung a natty hatty on him tonight?

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
as strange as it sounds I could see a major point in Markstrom's favor (in the view of the Devils anyway) is that he only has 2 years left on his contract.. especially if they can get Calgary to retain some of that 6 mill per year.. They might be looking at the UFA goalie market and deciding there is not a lot of reliable options there, and if you have to make an aquisition of a credible #1 goalie maybe you like having Markstrom with only a 2 year commitment instead of having to commit 4 or 5 years to the next Jack Campbell (or give up way more in a trade for a younger #1 goalie that also blows up on you cause of goalie voodoo)..

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Mr. Fish posted:

Do you think Ullmark's trade value might have gone down a bit after Kyle Palmieri hung a natty hatty on him tonight?

the entire year has been him decreasing his trade value, it is very clear that last year was a fluke. That's not to say he's bad, he is a good goalie still and even "bad" Ulllmark is among the better (top 15-20ish) goalies in the league, but he'll never be as good as he was last year. That's why I was hoping they'd trade him then.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Mfw I watch the Pens this season

https://x.com/DannyShireyPGH/status/1764158981902127321?s=20

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Pens held the Flames without a shot for 18 minutes, and the corpse of Jeff Carter scored too so you would think that would be an automatic win for them.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Misanthrope posted:

Pens held the Flames without a shot for 18 minutes, and the corpse of Jeff Carter scored too so you would think that would be an automatic win for them.

Never underestimate the Pens' ability to not only lose a game they should win but to do so in a way that's so final that they don't even get a point out of it.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

it is so confusing and frustrating to watch because it feels like they should be good but they're just not?? however I love suffering so I will watch them until I die, probably

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Rough part for the Pens is that they have a decent goal differential, the goals just haven’t lined up into a winning record

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Koopa Kid posted:

Rough part for the Pens is that they have a decent goal differential, the goals just haven’t lined up into a winning record

Mikesullivanhockey.txt

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

he stayed away from him for the first bit of the game, then he uncorked an absolute monster on Lyubushkin and knocked him out of the game:

https://x.com/BarDown/status/1764109352699338818?s=20

the Devils acquiring Kurtis MacDermid was funny enough, but listen to the fear in Keefe's voice:

https://x.com/TSN_Sports/status/1764144117666185403?s=20

there's about to be a run on goons. no way are any of the league of 70IQ coaches going to watch that and not think "we need to get our own".

I've been worried about this for years. Guys really do not know how to protect themselves anymore. And even if they do, they're used to people not finishing checks in the traditional way. And the game is so wide open even if they still allow a fair amount of interference on the forecheck. probably would be best if no one kicked this off, but for once I'm glad the Rangers are initiating it if it's going to happen instead of responding. you don't want to be in the position of responding and then acquiring a Donald Brashear. Or Ryan Reaves. or John Scott. and so on

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Koopa Kid posted:

Literally anytime I've checked the goal dif. by conference it's always just a line of green and then red, but the Pens are looking to change that this year

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rempe has more goals than fight victories. I guess he’s not a goon after all.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

he stayed away from him for the first bit of the game, then he uncorked an absolute monster on Lyubushkin and knocked him out of the game:

the Devils acquiring Kurtis MacDermid was funny enough, but listen to the fear in Keefe's voice:

there's about to be a run on goons. no way are any of the league of 70IQ coaches going to watch that and not think "we need to get our own".

I've been worried about this for years. Guys really do not know how to protect themselves anymore. And even if they do, they're used to people not finishing checks in the traditional way. And the game is so wide open even if they still allow a fair amount of interference on the forecheck. probably would be best if no one kicked this off, but for once I'm glad the Rangers are initiating it if it's going to happen instead of responding. you don't want to be in the position of responding and then acquiring a Donald Brashear. Or Ryan Reaves. or John Scott. and so on

I love how the Leafs and Reaves were complaining to the media that we need to Make Hockey Violent Again yet their coach whines about them taking routine bodychecks every single post game presser

I’m glad he’s the Leafs coach again this year but christ is he insufferable to listen to

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
I mean that was a textbook charge from a mountain troll.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Ya that's a charge

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Nah.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

I've been worried about this for years. Guys really do not know how to protect themselves anymore. And even if they do, they're used to people not finishing checks in the traditional way. And the game is so wide open even if they still allow a fair amount of interference on the forecheck.

Yeah. I hate it, but I think you're exactly right.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Rempe is gonna hot-brain the wrong guy and you won't hear about Rempe anymore

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

shyduck posted:

He's the 13th forward/back to Hartford after the trade deadline.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

shyduck posted:

Probably another Ranger by accident at the rate he is going.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

The Dirty Burger posted:

I love how the Leafs and Reaves were complaining to the media that we need to Make Hockey Violent Again yet their coach whines about them taking routine bodychecks every single post game presser

I’m glad he’s the Leafs coach again this year but christ is he insufferable to listen to

The most insecure organization in the league when it comes to being real tough guys.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I don’t love Keefe and I think the way he (and Dubas when together) have tried to handle/negotiate with the refs through the media has been flawed for years, but any coach is gonna be unhappy with that hit in a press conference and yeah it probably could have been called a charge. I don’t think another coach on another team would be saying anything different if that hit happened to one of their guys.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Matt Zerella posted:

He's the 13th forward/back to Hartford after the trade deadline.
I have a feeling they keep him as the 13th forward into the playoffs, as the "emergency, break glass" option if a series starts to slip and they need some, uh, youthful exuberance

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

It is pretty interesting that we are 3 days away and really no deals have happened other than Lyubushkin / Lindholm / Tanev.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

shyduck posted:

I have a feeling they keep him as the 13th forward into the playoffs, as the "emergency, break glass" option if a series starts to slip and they need some, uh, youthful exuberance

If? It’s the Rangers.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

fawning deference posted:

It is pretty interesting that we are 3 days away and really no deals have happened other than Lyubushkin / Lindholm / Tanev.

I get the feeling that Henrique and Vatrano will be Rangers soon. They really have a glaring hole on 1RW and need to fix it quick. Seravelli claims "it's real".

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

If? It’s the Rangers.
I do recall Lavy having a special affinity towards one Dan Carcillo back when the Flyers used to go to the playoffs so you're probably right

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Matt Zerella posted:

I get the feeling that Henrique and Vatrano will be Rangers soon. They really have a glaring hole on 1RW and need to fix it quick. Seravelli claims "it's real".

This is my guess. Vatrano would fit right in since he is a recent Ranger and Henrique is versatile and having a solid season. They would both be good fits and address needs.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/mark_scheig/status/1764292040123183325?t=olgx_gZy1tLJ79dJpwJ-5A&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

shyduck posted:

I do recall Lavy having a special affinity towards one Dan Carcillo back when the Flyers used to go to the playoffs so you're probably right

That too but I was just saying of course it’s going to slip for them and their ugly fans who smell real bad.