Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I have ALWAYS preferred magic zombies over science zombies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

A virus did it

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Magic zombies are great, they really expand your mind

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

trying to explain zombies is always very funny

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Infinitum posted:

A virus wizard did it

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Cloud saying "This sucks" in Chapter 3 of FF7 Remake after finding the third cat cracks me up.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

I said come in! posted:

Line of Contact required the Kinect didn’t it? I remember it reviewing really badly because the controls were terrible.
that's steel battalion: heavy armor. It did not work properly so it reviewed horribly because the motion controls simply failed to work right.

Line of contact was just a regular sequel that used the SB controller on the original xbox.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Electric Phantasm posted:

Thanks for posting this and reminding me to check if the Octopath 2 soundtrack is up on spotify.

And it is! :toot:

Oh hell yeah

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Gherkin Jerkin posted:

I'll answer your questions with a better one: how does a walking block of tofu armed with a knife make sense?

I haven't gotten that far yet

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Gherkin Jerkin posted:

I'll answer your questions with a better one: how does a walking block of tofu armed with a knife make sense?

how does it not

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Songbearer posted:

I've also been watching deep dives into the Fear & Hunger games and have thoroughly spoiled myself on them and I'm interested in hearing goonpinions on them. There seems some cool body horror which I'm always here for but there's a ton of content that seems edgy for edgy's sake. The series seems insanely mechanically intricate though, how much of it is just edgelord bullshit and how much is actual genuine cosmic horror?

If you've seen the deep dives then you likely know the answer to your questions, but there is some edgelord-feeling stuff, more notably in the first game. It's not all like that, mostly just particular moments here and there with particular enemies or scenes.

Likewise, a lot of the cosmic horror is present in the second title, where a jester-like god from the moon is telling thirteen people to participate in a festival of death. There is some stuff present in the first game, but a lot of it is hidden later and it's more about a real hosed Up place and the things that live in it, versus a regular town that has been burned by the light of the moon.

Kefa
Jul 14, 2023

https://youtu.be/lPpAU4EOhEQ?si=sMr5OE8UjT1ek-R_

This looks really cool but I’m not a huge fan of the early access. Was really hoping to play this sooner on my PS5. But if it runs well (60fps, which it probably won’t) I’ll get it for the deck.

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021
might be a weird thing to say but i was surprised when finding out the alan wake actor is finnish cuz he looks italian/greek af

Andrew Verse
Mar 30, 2011

euroshopper posted:

might be a weird thing to say but i was surprised when finding out the alan wake actor is finnish cuz he looks italian/greek af

Well you know what they say: Finland is the Italy/Greece of Europe.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I beat Resident Evil 8.

I figured out why Heisenberg's voice is weird, he sounds like a British guy doing an American accent. It's very clear when he says "Mirander"

And it does all mostly make sense. Miranda discovered that the mold stored the memories of the dead, and spent a century experimenting with it trying to create a new body to put her dead daughter's memories in. She created a parasite from the mold called Cadou, and got really hung up on it, she thought Cadou was the key. If you put a Cadou in a dead guy, you get a Soldat, one of those ghoul looking guys. You put a Cadou in a living person, you probably kill them. But if they live, you probably get a Lycan. But extremely rarely you can put a Cadou in a living person and they don't go all stupid. Instead they maintain their intelligence and get mold powers. Dimetrescu got super regeneration, which also made her ten feet tall. The doll lady got the hallucination powers. But since the mold contains the memory of stuff, sometimes you get something completely random. Like being a fish or turning into a Certain Scientific Railgun.

Anyway, it turned out that the Cadou research was all a blind alley, and the evil scientists from the backstory or RE7 managed to create the perfect super powered mold body in just a few years separately. Miranda wasted a century, wah wah.

I gotta be honest. I do not find Chris's explanation for his actions very compelling. He didn't want Ethan to get involved. So instead of just yelling "It's not your wife, it's a monster that took your wife's place!" which he had ample time to do, he said nothing, and then put Ethan and his 'dead' 'wife' together in the back of the same truck. You really hosed that one up Chris.

And he relocated Ethan's family to like an hour's drive from Miranda. You really hosed that one up Chris.

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Mar 3, 2024

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Why did the revelations of mold science make me want to give the game another look. In pro mold zombies I guess

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I did not like RE7. Looks like I shan't be trying RE8.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Chris didn't have a full picture of Miranda's powers and thought she might have infected Ethan the way Eveline did and so took him into custody to find out before letting him know anything.

The Connections didn't create the perfect vessel for Miranda's daughter, Rose is perfect because she's half mold half human. That said the connection is no slouch at genetic engineering compared to Miranda. It was founded by Brandon Bailey James Marcus's prorogé and the former head of Umbrella's Africa lab. He is likely the single greatest virologist/genetic engineer left in the setting after Wesker, Birkin, Marcus, and Alexia's death.

It's unstated but it's likely Chris put the Winters' in Miranda's path intentionally to draw her out.

You might have also missed that it was Heisenberg that called in the BSAA. And his failed coup with the Soldats is likely why the BSAA were using the Blue Umbrella developed BOW's for the raid. They were going to essentially help Heisenberg supplant Miranda in the area in exchange for her research into the mold and to further cover up that it was the BSAA who allowed Eveline to escape from Europe in the first place.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Did y'all ever play team Soldat in the computer lab or computer science classroom?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Gaius Marius posted:

Chris didn't have a full picture of Miranda's powers and thought she might have infected Ethan the way Eveline did and so took him into custody to find out before letting him know anything.

The Connections didn't create the perfect vessel for Miranda's daughter, Rose is perfect because she's half mold half human. That said the connection is no slouch at genetic engineering compared to Miranda. It was founded by Brandon Bailey James Marcus's prorogé and the former head of Umbrella's Africa lab. He is likely the single greatest virologist/genetic engineer left in the setting after Wesker, Birkin, Marcus, and Alexia's death.

But if Ethan was under her sway, how would he react differently? Either he is under Miranda's sway and will try to protect her, or he's not and thinks Miranda is wife in which case he'll still try to protect her. The only way Chris saying that Mia isn't Mia could change the situation is if Ethan still thinks she is Mia and isn't under her sway. There's only upside. Chris messed up.

And another way Chris messed up, they're like, "who could have guessed Miranda could impersonate a corpse?" which, yeah that's fair. But they knew she was connected to the mold, and they knew mold can regenerate people! They should have expected her to come back at them! Chris hosed up the operation.

And either way, the Connections' research led to the creation of the vessel, while the Cadou stuff just created a hosed up Monster Mash. It was a total blind alley.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Khanstant posted:

Did y'all ever play team Soldat in the computer lab or computer science classroom?

If we were lucky we would get to play that duck tales pc game during a free class.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I forgot the month changed and there would be a new chat thread

Nice job trying to hide from me!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

I have ALWAYS preferred magic zombies over science zombies

I feel this way about vampires. Vampires are way better when their afflictions and weaknesses are because of a spiritual condition and not anything scientific.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

HopperUK posted:

I forgot the month changed and there would be a new chat thread

Nice job trying to hide from me!

beware the hides of Warch

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Khanstant posted:

We played Scorched Earth in my comp sci class.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

If we were lucky we would get to play that duck tales pc game during a free class.

In elementary computers felt very different at school, we got to play games on them vaguely educational or not because just using a computer at all was educational at the time, some of us as kids knew more than our teachers about computers which also often held true later too I guess.

My stepdad was getting a compsci degree when my mom started dating him and I liked him immediately because he had a huge poster of the pink Floyd butts on the wall and the most advanced computer I ever used at that point with windows 95 or something compared to the donated floppy disc Apple ][s from school. Some 3D dinosaur disc he had was burned into my dreams for a long time. I can still see the fleshless t rex in my mind.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Mar 3, 2024

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

My high school computers all had Liero on them. At the time I didn't think much of it - of course all computers would have Liero on it, that game ruled

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
In elementary school, we had a computer bus that would come around once a month and we would mess around with BASIC and also I now remember that we would occasionally get time with Maniac Mansion but the teacher had printed out step by step instructions on how to play, like literally "pick this character, type this command, do this action" and it was very confusing as an elementary school aged child.

In middle school we had an actual computer lab with Mavis Becon and other edutainment products.

High school computer lab is where I first learned about somethingawful.com

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
We had Macs in the computer lab so we all played Bolo

ugh! they got me!

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Unknown heroes kept reinstalling Warcraft 2, Action Super Cross and Ski Free on our PCs faster than the system admin could find them.

I used to think they came with Windows. I'm still unsure about Ski Free.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I remember we had some kinda badger simulation game where it was quite difficult to keep your badger alive.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
We played a lot of this game called Pang on the computers in elementary school.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I remember watching a kid in my class play Number Munchers and he was so so fast.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Khanstant posted:

I used to make my character wear green/brown that blended in with the map, go prone next to stones and stuff then camp with the 50cal instantly killing people

I made my friends exceptionally mad

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

In my 7th grade (?) Gifted and Talented program, the main thing we did was play Caesar 4. That school administration has a lot to answer for.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Nemo2342 posted:

We played Scorched Earth in my comp sci class.
:corsair::hf::corsair:

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
Someone installed Quake 3 on all the computers. Man, that was fun.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Is the switch oled noticeably better than the original in any way?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
When my elementary school computer lab was built, we got to play motherfuckin' Mixed Up Mother Goose

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixed-Up_Mother_Goose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Fajita Queen posted:

Is the switch oled noticeably better than the original in any way?

Yes it has an oled screen