Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I don't buy skins in this game but I'd buy an Ash skin for Billy

Deathslinger would work too but Billy is funnier

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Mar 3, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Had a game against a Clown doing Rancor Roulette (Rancor+Nemesis) and he was struggling a bit to get hooks. My friend purposely gets a stun right after I pop the last gen, thus becoming Obsession, then leads him to a good mori location and Plot Twists. The Clown, slightly confused at the survivor now prostrated before him, goes ahead and moris him. I run in and teabag raucuously during the animation, of course, then gesture to Clown and bring him to a pallet to bonk him so it's my turn and I can get killed on top of my friend's corpse.

The other two teammates (who escaped just fine because of this situation) were probably slightly confused but I hope Clown appreciated it and got his 2 Obsession Kills archive. :v:

Tiny Myers fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Mar 3, 2024

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Tiny Myers posted:

Had a game against a Clown doing Rancor Roulette (Rancor+Nemesis) and he was struggling a bit to get hooks. My friend purposely gets a stun right after I pop the last gen, thus becoming Obsession, then leads him to a good mori location and Plot Twists. The Clown, slightly confused at the survivor now prostrated before him, goes ahead and moris him. I run in and teabag raucuously during the animation, of course, then gesture to Clown and bring him to a pallet to bonk him so it's my turn and I can get killed on top of my friend's corpse.

The other two teammates (who escaped just fine because of this situation) were probably slightly confused but I hope Clown appreciated it and got his 2 Obsession Kills archive. :v:

Whats it like being an angel, dang?

No matter how tilted I've ever been, I've never bonked a survivor (on purpose) until they finished a rift, whether current event or doing archives while playing killer. It seemed so massively pointless and petty. Just wait and bonk after.

Can you guess, using this mentality, how many times I've gone in front of a killer willingly offering myself just so i can finish some dumb rift, only to get bonked as soon as the killer reaches me? 4/5.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Survivors in the middle of doing a glyph are off-limits. Once that glyph finishes, though, they're getting smacked.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Honestly I'd let people do glyphs but if someone just stops in the middle of a game, my reflex is to swing at them and then process "Oh you were doing a glyph, whoops"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Relyssa posted:

Survivors in the middle of doing a glyph are off-limits. Once that glyph finishes, though, they're getting smacked.

It drives me nuts when I'm nice to a survivor and let them get a glyph only for them to not accept the hit after (sprint burst away, dead hard, etc)

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
I once interrupted a rift but it was from a survivor who was being incredibly toxic earlier in the game and I don't feel any regret.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I always interrupt

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I always interrupt

User name checks out.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I always interrupt

i hope you get nothing but teabags and boil over sabo squads in your killer games

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Relyssa posted:

i hope you get nothing but teabags and boil over sabo squads in your killer games

I do, that’s why I always interrupt.

It’s the vicious cycle of DBD.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

OxMan posted:

Whats it like being an angel, dang?

No matter how tilted I've ever been, I've never bonked a survivor (on purpose) until they finished a rift, whether current event or doing archives while playing killer. It seemed so massively pointless and petty. Just wait and bonk after.

Can you guess, using this mentality, how many times I've gone in front of a killer willingly offering myself just so i can finish some dumb rift, only to get bonked as soon as the killer reaches me? 4/5.

I've made a habit of trying to pay attention to what the current killer challenges are and accommodate them if I can. Like if everyone's escaped in endgame and I'm the obsession and there's challenges for obsession hooks/kills, I'm gonna go back out and offer for him to kill me. Similarly for Billy or Deathslinger who seem like they might be trying to get some long range shot bullshit. I know all too well the frustration of trying to carve my way through battlepass garbage.

Medullah posted:

It drives me nuts when I'm nice to a survivor and let them get a glyph only for them to not accept the hit after (sprint burst away, dead hard, etc)
I always just stand there nodding furiously, wait for them to hit me, then resume chase (if I'm not on the ground).

It was very funny in the winter event stopping mid-chase so both parties could refill snowballs before resuming.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

getting into a group snowball fight with a Huntress was one of the best moments I've ever experienced in this game

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/angelolooTW/status/1764432875066122265?t=VobQGpVUnsjlAVPcM2FMnA&s=19

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Had a game as Legion where the entire group was close enough on my first Frenzy I hit all of them and then downed a Meg for the last hit. Ada rushes an unhook before I could take more than a few steps away. Meg apparently gives up and just stands there, after a few seconds of staring at her I went gently caress it and put her out of her misery. Game ends with everyone dead except Ada who gets to hatch

Ada: Tunneling at five gens

...yes, I tunneled your entire team at once, I am just that talented

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Ibram Gaunt posted:

My knowledge is probably out of date since I haven't played in a while (waiting for the new season to drop) but buy the grappling hook from the shop ASAP as it is an extremely useful escape tool and general traversal one. I dunno what kind of tickets they've been giving out so I have no idea what kind of skills you have or can obtain atm though.

General gameplay wise though, don't sensu bean after being downed if the Raider is still ontop of you because you get no iframes and will just instantly die and be removed from the game entirely. Don't try to engage with the Raider if you're stuck at power level 1 unless you have multiple other 2s and 3s going after them, but don't be afraid to blow your dragon charge when the raider is on their way to escape. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask because I'm probably forgetting a lot of stuff right now lol.
Thanks. I've been playing nonstop. It's really different and a good mix running and fighting. But it's very random.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

DeathChicken posted:

Had a game as Legion where the entire group was close enough on my first Frenzy I hit all of them and then downed a Meg for the last hit. Ada rushes an unhook before I could take more than a few steps away. Meg apparently gives up and just stands there, after a few seconds of staring at her I went gently caress it and put her out of her misery. Game ends with everyone dead except Ada who gets to hatch

Ada: Tunneling at five gens

...yes, I tunneled your entire team at once, I am just that talented
So unfair to hit survivors

When I’ve dabbled with survivors I’ve often seen people ask “genrush?” And I am like: isn’t that the same thing as “playing the game “

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I think it’s a team designed to do gens quickly. Like, everyone has a toolbox and gen perks except maybe one designated chase person.

But yeah, like most objectionable things the community has deemed against the rules, it’s playing the game. And that’s the worst thing you can do!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

My assumption is that whenever bhvr decides to do a dbd2 it's going to wind up like payday 3 and collapse at launch

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

What killed Payday 3? Was it basically Payday 2 with a couple gameplay tweaks and, oh everything you got from the past ten years is gone?

Cause yeah, that’s why we don’t see a League of Legends 2 or WoW 2. Even if they’re running on absolutely ancient engines with spaghetti code holding it all together, it’s an extremely hard sell to get people to give up years and years of accumulated stuff in turn for improved graphics and (maybe) fewer bugs.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Grapplejack posted:

My assumption is that whenever bhvr decides to do a dbd2 it's going to wind up like payday 3 and collapse at launch

I cannot possibly see them ever creating DBD2. Waaaaaaaaay too much sunken cost fallacy for it. I know personally it would have to be AMAZING for me to get into another asymmetrical game after being burned by Evil Dead and Ghostbusters.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Pants Donkey posted:

What killed Payday 3?

Release barely functional "upgraded" game with worse design decisions(no chat for pre-game planning, lmao Discord has made some devs brain dead), act surprised when people would rather play the existing game. There's a lot of videos about it but here's a snappy one that appeals to my idiot sense of humor.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Mar 4, 2024

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Licensing is clearly complicated and I imagine that's why they dragged their feet on Switch crossplay then finally put out feelers like "would you be okay with crossplay if it meant you didn't have your DLCs" and why so much licensed stuff languishes with no reworks or cosmetics. Too bad they didn't get whatever cross-platform agreement Fortnite did that solves that.

Anyway that's why I think DBD 2 will never happen, they'd have to get all their licenses back and somehow convince the license holders to let purchases in DBD 1 carry over to DBD 2 because no way the majority of people are going to spend $100 in DLC twice.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

I think it’s a team designed to do gens quickly. Like, everyone has a toolbox and gen perks except maybe one designated chase person.

But yeah, like most objectionable things the community has deemed against the rules, it’s playing the game. And that’s the worst thing you can do!

I would agree that genrushing isn't really much of a thing these days so much as just more players know to do generators to win instead of immersing. Even a SWF group is only taking generator themed loadouts to meme since it means giving up second chance perks.

Genrushing was something that used to exist though; specifically it was when there was the original version of Brand New Parts. Starting a game and seeing 4 generators pop in 10 seconds, or 3 generators in 10 seconds followed by a single generator a minute later and a full team key escape through the hatch was absolutely awful. Combine that with original Decisive Strike and it made you wonder why you bothered queueing for a Killer game in the first place.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

new birb mommy skin looking extremely cool

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Makes me want a Spider-Man Across the Spider-verse tie-in with the DaVinci Vulture as a costume

edit: Dead By Daylight: Aha "Take on Me" edition.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

I am once again being left on the hook by teammates with no hooks, while using Kindred and Open-Handed

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tiny Myers posted:

I am once again being left on the hook by teammates with no hooks, while using Kindred and Open-Handed

every time

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://x.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1765754419147108355?s=20

Huntress nerfed from PTB, Pig trap nerf removed so she's gonna be mega buffed now.

Invocation buffed. Might actually be semi worth it now.

quote:

[CHANGE] When the Invocation is completed, permanently reduce the required charges of all Generators by 10 (previously added 15 charges of progress during the PTB)

Dev note: This Perk has a lot of risk and a heavy time commitment. If the invocation is interrupted, the time spent would be lost, making it unappealing compared to a normal repair. To make the reward match the risk, we have changed the effect to permanently reduce the required repairs all Generators need, similar to the Brand New Part Add-On.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Wow they actually listened. This update going live is actually going to be pretty darn good now.

Wicked giving 20 seconds of aura read on killer wherever you are unhooked is nutty. Sounds great

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Kwolok posted:

Wow they actually listened. This update going live is actually going to be pretty darn good now.

Wicked giving 20 seconds of aura read on killer wherever you are unhooked is nutty. Sounds great

Yeah but keep in mind that's only if you're unhooked in the basement, it doesn't apply to ALL unhooks.

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Medullah posted:

Yeah but keep in mind that's only if you're unhooked in the basement, it doesn't apply to ALL unhooks.

BHVR posted:

The aura reading effect will allow you to gain some value from this Perk even if you are never hooked in the basement.

It sounds like the self-unhook part only works in the basement, but the aura gets seen regardless.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

BrewingTea posted:

It sounds like the self-unhook part only works in the basement, but the aura gets seen regardless.

Thats how I took it as well, thats the only way it makes sense.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Now it is BHVR we're talking about but it definitely implies you get value on any unhook and not just basement. Which again is a crazy amount of aura read.

Buff babysitter to match you cowards!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

BrewingTea posted:

Interesting, Peanits said explicitly in a DBD Discord that aura was basement only. If it's everywhere that's god tier perk.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

Medullah posted:

Interesting, Peanits said explicitly in a DBD Discord that aura was basement only. If it's everywhere that's god tier perk.

I think that was the change they just made.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

lol, "We are very mindful of Pig possibly being too good and will be waiting with the nerfs"

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
So when does live launch? I might be blind but I didn't see it mentioned in the patch notes.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
The 12th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Medullah posted:

Pig trap nerf removed so she's gonna be mega buffed now.

I still highly dispute Pig being "mega buffed" with these changes. They help, sure, but it's not going to rocket her up the tier lists or anything. Semi-basekit combat straps and medical file were extremely necessary since the former was basically required to make the crouch not take an eternity. Ambush changes are good but not huge. She's still very susceptible to pre-dropped pallets, and with the box aura removal a lot of the really degenerate playstyles are nowhere near as easy to pull off.

I may be biased as a diehard Amanda lover but these are all solid changes at best. Looking forward to it.

RE: Wicked:

quote:

The aura reading effect will allow you to gain some value from this Perk even if you are never hooked in the basement.

You get aura reading regardless of where you are hooked.

Invocation changes are exactly what I was hoping for, a good change.

This is gonna be a good update overall, honestly.

edit # i've lost track: is the self healing speed still capped at 100%? i'm wondering if bringing strength in shadows + botany knowledge is worthwhile or if you could get away with just the former. I currently run self care + botany because I exclusively solo queue on survivor and can't trust my idiot teammates to do poo poo

Relyssa fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Mar 7, 2024