Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I had Astarion leave in my first run cos my tav was in owlbear form and couldn't even participate in the cutscene lol. That might have been patched out though. Luckily I had quicksaved immediately after the battle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Gatto Grigio posted:

I had that ending w/o any of the spawn dying (Astarion kills Caz, breaks staff, leaves party, etc.)

After reloading, the way you fix it is if you refuse to help him in the ritual, but also pass a Persuasion check that convinces him that Ascending will just make him more like Cazador in the long run, and that’s a miserable road he doesn’t want to travel. In response, Astarion will still kill Caz, but instead of breaking the staff, he will use it to liberate all the vampire spawn. Astarion won’t Ascend, but he’ll stay in your party and you also keep Cazador’s staff as a magic item.

When is the check? I reloaded a save and did the fight again (save is right as you start talking to Cazzador) and there's no dialogue choices or checks there, all the spawn stayed alive and I still had the ending where he leaves

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I had Astarion leave in my first run cos my tav was in owlbear form and couldn't even participate in the cutscene lol. That might have been patched out though. Luckily I had quicksaved immediately after the battle

Holy poo poo that might be it, I'm a Moon Druid

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Gatto Grigio posted:

I had that ending w/o any of the spawn dying (Astarion kills Caz, breaks staff, leaves party, etc.)

After reloading, the way you fix it is if you refuse to help him in the ritual, but also pass a Persuasion check that convinces him that Ascending will just make him more like Cazador in the long run, and that’s a miserable road he doesn’t want to travel. In response, Astarion will still kill Caz, but instead of breaking the staff, he will use it to liberate all the vampire spawn. Astarion won’t Ascend, but he’ll stay in your party and you also keep Cazador’s staff as a magic item.

I love this because it reminds me of Wayne's World. You reloaded and ended up with the perfect outcome, just like how Wayne's World ends so bad for everyone until he and Garth break the 4th wall and go "As if we'd end the movie like that!" Then they go "let's do the Mega Happy Ending!" where this time everything works out for everyone.

(Also I'm skipping the fact that before the MHE they do the Scooby-Doo ending where it turns out Benjamin was actually Old Man WITHERS... eerie connection... :ohdear: )

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Medullah posted:

When is the check? I reloaded a save and did the fight again (save is right as you start talking to Cazzador) and there's no dialogue choices or checks there, all the spawn stayed alive and I still had the ending where he leaves

Huh, weird. I only remember that at some point, there was a prompt in the dialogue for a Persuasion check when he asks you to help him finish the ascension ritual.

(also I told him he should free the spawn instead of killing them, that might help. Before the battle, did you speak to the imprisoned vampire spawn in the cells, with Astarion in your party? That makes him reflect on the idea that there may be more important things than revenge…)

I wonder if it might be affected by his Approval rating, or it could be Wild-Shape shenanigans…

Gatto Grigio fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Mar 3, 2024

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Lobok posted:

I love this because it reminds me of Wayne's World. You reloaded and ended up with the perfect outcome, just like how Wayne's World ends so bad for everyone until he and Garth break the 4th wall and go "As if we'd end the movie like that!" Then they go "let's do the Mega Happy Ending!" where this time everything works out for everyone.

(Also I'm skipping the fact that before the MHE they do the Scooby-Doo ending where it turns out Benjamin was actually Old Man WITHERS... eerie connection... :ohdear: )

lol, it definitely has that vibe

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
What's the fastest way to break an oath of devotion without killing the two tieflings?

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Kingtheninja posted:

What's the fastest way to break an oath of devotion without killing the two tieflings?

Maybe attack the crypt looters during dialogue instead of waiting for them to attack?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
you could go straight to the Zhents and murder yourself in, then bullshit the leader to get them paceful and then start picking them off, highly doubt this is possible at lvl 1 though

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Kingtheninja posted:

Allow Arka to shoot Sazza in the grove

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

I've had another one of the spawns die before and Astarion didn't get mad at me, the cinematic just carried on without the option to ascend. Maybe he was already at super low approval with you and doing that pushed him over the edge at which he leaves the party. Or maybe it's just bugged. Who knows!

Yeah, it is probably approval - I deliberately killed one of the ritual spawns so I wouldn't need to pass a high persuasion check I felt that was coming so that mad twink wouldnt become high on power and the only choice was freeing/killing spawns.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Thank you so much kind goon, this is 100% what the problem was. It started a conversation and basically treated it like I was telling Astarion no to everything because I couldn't talk.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

*Owlbear keeps nodding*
"I can't understand your freaky animal language!"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Lobok posted:

*Owlbear keeps nodding*
"I can't understand your freaky animal language!"

"If you don't want me to kill him and go crazy, just tell me!"

"Nurf"

"I'm serious, I'll stop, I just need you to say something"

"Nurf"

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Medullah posted:

Thank you so much kind goon, this is 100% what the problem was. It started a conversation and basically treated it like I was telling Astarion no to everything because I couldn't talk.

I’ve had this with a different quest. In the Elf Song I got forced into picking the intimidation option despite no dialogues being available besides the word “continue”

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Medullah posted:

If that's still a problem that's wack, as I said I had the same issue but that was bloody ages ago, there are loads of interactions that temporarily revert you so I can't imagine why that one doesn't. Maybe it's an oversight, maybe it's a technical issue, you are interacting with an object rather than a person. I dunno! It's silly.

Kingtheninja posted:

It's ok to kill the ones who trapped Liz if you want the rescue achievement. That probably isn't why you care but it might be

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

If that's still a problem that's wack, as I said I had the same issue but that was bloody ages ago, there are loads of interactions that temporarily revert you so I can't imagine why that one doesn't. Maybe it's an oversight, maybe it's a technical issue, you are interacting with an object rather than a person. I dunno! It's silly.

Yeah it's extra funny because before the fight? No problem, let me shapeshift back for a few seconds.

Wild Shape in general kinda annoys me, I get they don't want to give you too many charges and that's the price you pay for being a Druid, but this is my first run through so having to waste charges to have my Tav talk sucks.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Astarion left the table because this was his big dramatic plot moment in the campaign he's been setting up for weeks and the group decided to not take it seriously and teabag Cazador in owlbear form instead.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
"Can you please take this seriously, I'm about to confront Cazador"
"Who?"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

Astarion left the table because this was his big dramatic plot moment in the campaign he's been setting up for weeks and the group decided to not take it seriously and teabag Cazador in owlbear form instead.

drat this really is a realistic D&D game

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Obviously the answer is to have Astarion cast speak with animals.

Problem solved.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

"Can you please take this seriously, I'm about to confront Cazador"
"Who?"

Get out of my discord.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Is Minthara still bugged? I put my full Dark Urge came on hiatus because she was hallucinating act 3 stuff right after her rescue.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

ZearothK posted:

Is Minthara still bugged? I put my full Dark Urge came on hiatus because she was hallucinating act 3 stuff right after her rescue.

Yeah though I think she eventually will stop?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Ice Fist posted:

Obviously the answer is to have Astarion cast speak with animals.

Problem solved.

Can someone test this? I really want this to work

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
I’m gonna murder all you assholes who keep typing “tav” where the gently caress did this come from? Stop it.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

it came from larian...

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

feller posted:

it came from larian...

I don’t know who Larian is but they’re an rear end in a top hat.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Bum the Sad posted:

I’m gonna tav all you tavs who keep taving “tav” where the gently caress did this come from? Stop it.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Bum the Sad posted:

I’m gonna murder all you assholes who keep typing “tav” where the gently caress did this come from? Stop it.

Codename for the game was Project GusTav (which is the name of Larian's CEO's dog, the model for Scratch). Also stands for Tadpoled AdVenturer. Also the final letter of the Hebrew alphabet.

Lawman 0 posted:

Yeah though I think she eventually will stop?

I guess she will once her conversation options dry up, at least, but I want the intended experience since I don't think I got it in me to burn down the grove twice.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

ZearothK posted:

Codename for the game was Project GusTav (which is the name of Larian's CEO's dog, the model for Scratch). Also stands for Tadpoled AdVenturer. Also the final letter of the Hebrew alphabet.

I guess she will once her conversation options dry up, at least, but I want the intended experience since I don't think I got it in me to burn down the grove twice.

I actually recruited her on this final resist durge run and honestly her dialogue can be extremely out of place. Though in act 3 it seems to have corrected itself.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Medullah posted:

Yeah it's extra funny because before the fight? No problem, let me shapeshift back for a few seconds.

Wild Shape in general kinda annoys me, I get they don't want to give you too many charges and that's the price you pay for being a Druid, but this is my first run through so having to waste charges to have my Tav talk sucks.

It’s very funny that Larian had many contingency plans 3 levels deep just in case you murderhobo important people and then also their replacements, complete with voice acting. And 6 patches full of like a combined 5000 bug fixes. But “use wildshape”? Too loving weird

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

ZearothK posted:

You’re making GBS threads me. I thought it was some cutesy butchering of avatar.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I thought Tav was a bg1 and 2 thing. If it was the dog I’d think it would be Gus.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
sTAVros

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Sorry the game simply couldn't handle his majestic form in its full glory.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Black Noise posted:

I thought Tav was a bg1 and 2 thing. If it was the dog I’d think it would be Gus.

Yeah but Gus tends to be a masculine name.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Lawman 0 posted:

Sorry the game simply couldn't handle his majestic form in its full glory.

It is a bit disappointing that you can’t just make a huge fat guy as your character

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

How do you feel about short fat guys?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

exquisite tea posted:

How do you feel about short fat guys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Serious answer: Tav is the default name for a custom character if you don't enter anything so people use it to refer to non Dark Urge player characters. It's the same as CHARNAME in the old days.