Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

HallelujahLee posted:

Senior Houthi official taunts UK leaders on sunk ship, politics

Mohammed Ali al-Houthi, a senior member of the Yemeni group’s political council, was addressing UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak on the UK-owned Rubymar cargo vessel that sunk in the Red Sea earlier today.

“You and your government bear responsibility” and are also “responsible” for genocide in Gaza, he said on X.

Al-Houthi said the group could “salvage” the vessel, which was on the water for days after being hit with Houthi antiship missiles, if Sunak sent “a letter of guarantee, signed by George Galloway, that the relief trucks agreed upon at that time would enter Gaza”.

Alright that’s it somebody probe AA for fish&chips posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/soccer-fan-arrested-for-waving-palestinian-flag-at-game-ben-gvir-zero-tolerance/
Soccer fan arrested for waving Palestinian flag at game; Ben Gvir: ‘Zero tolerance’

quote:

A fan of the soccer team Hapoel Umm al-Fahm has been arrested and questioned for waving a Palestinian flag at a match against Maccabi Haifa last Tuesday.

The police say that the 18-year old resident of Umm al-Fahm was arrested on Friday after an “operative and strenuous investigation” by police officers in the Umm al-Fahm police station.

The individual waved the flag at the beginning of the game, played in Umm al-Fahm’s stadium, which the police said was likely to disturb public order.

The suspect was released with restrictions by the police after being questioned.

Several media reports after the game noted that the flag had been waved, and a Ynet report said it had “aroused the anger of the guests and that of the fans in the stadium,” although there was no mention of violence or disturbances as a result of the incident.

There is currently no law against flying the Palestinian flag, but the police make arrests for doing so on the claim that the flag is likely to lead to a disturbance of the peace, a policy that National Security Minister Itamar Ben Gvir and Police Commissioner Kobi Shabtai reiterated to police officers in January.

Ben Gvir praised the police for arresting the individual, saying, “On my watch someone who stokes the flames and supports terrorism will be dealt with severely and with zero tolerance.”

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Malloc Voidstar posted:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/soccer-fan-arrested-for-waving-palestinian-flag-at-game-ben-gvir-zero-tolerance/
Soccer fan arrested for waving Palestinian flag at game; Ben Gvir: ‘Zero tolerance’

“On my watch someone who stokes the flames and supports terrorism will be dealt with severely and with zero tolerance.”

physician heal thyself

FacelessVoid
Jul 8, 2009
https://twitter.com/Rachael_Swindon/status/1764048575787331889

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
oh sweetie no surgery is gonna fix the fact you're Israeli

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

mediaphage posted:

physician heal thyself

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

lol i saw this but debated whether i should post such strong FF probe bait in case it triggers WW3

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Such a broken-brained society, that it is honestly fascinating.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
Not being raped is even more emotionally devastating.
Hamas are truly evil treating their hostages with respect.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
I'm 100% sure that doing a nosejob on a Jew is antisemitism.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

wait isn't that community note a joke

it reads like a joke

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

hmmm i wonder if the screenshot of a post that doesn't show anything you can use to find the post with a community note that conveniently doesn't include a full URL is fake?
the origin of the images is https://www.instagram.com/p/C37dcjrLZNn which just says

machine translation posted:

Along with the mental and physical rehabilitation since her return from Hamas captivity, Mia Schem has undergone a cosmetic change in recent days - and the women here will testify that an external change that disturbs almost always leads to a mental change

Browse through the gallery and give us a like 👍
the claim of "israeli woman got a nosejob because hamas didn't rape her" was created by twitter users, afaict; there's no NYPost article talking about her nose job

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The only free, democratic country in the middle east

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/caitoz/status/1764077212419166592

Caitlin nails it here

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/extremist-haredi-protesters-shut-down-main-highway-in-central-israel/
Extremist Haredi protesters angry at discussions over efforts to draft ultra-Orthodox youth into the IDF have shut down a central highway in the country.

The crowd has succeeded in closing off the Route 4 highway near the Coca Cola junction next to Bnei Brak in both directions. Police are working to reopen the main thoroughfare, with concerns about major backups during rush hour.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

The Voice of Labor posted:

holden: you're walking through the desert walking along the sand and you see israeli troops murdering starving palestinians. the palestinians lays there bleeding and starving in the hot sun trying to not die from genocide but they can't. not without your help but you're not helping. you're not helping, why is that, joe?

biden: blurrrrrrple vllaghhhhh diplomacy ddddmmmmmmmm

the mein-kampf test

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

the Coca Cola junction

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Maya Fey posted:

the Coca Cola junction

The exit near there takes you to the Reese's Pieces Park

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
yup you take the hershey highway to get there

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

lacks the ring and charm of ebola cola but I'll take it

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you
I wonder how this relates to the soldier who provided detailed accounts of Hamas rapes to the NYT. Previous to attending the Nova Festival he was training Congolese soldiers on behalf of Israel.

https://x.com/Kahlissee/status/1764136398427177192?s=20

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
everyone in the idf must die

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

https://aje.io/ibd315?update=2746057

quote:

Hamas needs to make several ‘calculations’ on proposed truce deal

Mohamad Elmasry, an analyst and a professor at the Doha Institute for Graduate Studies, says that while it was “very easy” for Israel to agree to the latest proposal for a six-week truce, it was “much more complicated” for Hamas.

“Hamas has a couple of different calculations to make. On the one hand, Palestinians in Gaza are desperate for a break. They need aid. They’re dying, literally from bombs or a lack of basic nutrients,” he told Al Jazeera.

“On the other hand, I think it would be very difficult for Hamas to accept the deal on Israel’s terms,” Elmasry said.

“Israel’s terms are basically the complete destruction of Gaza. They’ve made that clear, both in word and in action: they want to destroy as much of Gaza as possible, make conditions unliveable, and ultimately drive the Palestinians out of Gaza.”

One of the few sane analysts it seems like

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
(watching what's happening in real time) duhhhhhh what if we got Israel to pinky promise to honor a two state solution

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
My "For You" tab on twitter keeps showing this loving disgusting doxxing account that is doing the Libsoftiktok model I guess and it's breaking my brain whenever I see it.

https://twitter.com/StopAntisemites/status/1764040965654732941

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Shocking how much more mentally with it biden was even a couple years ago.

National Parks
Apr 6, 2016

Malloc Voidstar posted:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/extremist-haredi-protesters-shut-down-main-highway-in-central-israel/
Extremist Haredi protesters angry at discussions over efforts to draft ultra-Orthodox youth into the IDF have shut down a central highway in the country.

The crowd has succeeded in closing off the Route 4 highway near the Coca Cola junction next to Bnei Brak in both directions. Police are working to reopen the main thoroughfare, with concerns about major backups during rush hour.

Always fun to see how effective protests from authoritatians are allowed to be versus those against.

See also Israellis being allowed to have BBQs with bouncy castles to block humanitarian aid into gaza

fizziester
Dec 21, 2023

Why doesn't China want to help the Houthis find out why American don't have free healthcare?

Source: Voice of America

https://www.voanews.com/a/where-is-china-in-the-red-sea-crisis-/7510435.html

Where Is China in the Red Sea Crisis?
By Carla Babb
March 01, 2024 4:11 PM

... Last week the U.S. and British militaries launched their fourth combined operation against the Houthis since mid-January. The U.S. has also carried out near-daily strikes to take out incoming Houthi missiles and drones, along with weapons that were prepared to launch.

Noticeably absent from the coalition is China, even though about 40% of trade between Europe and Asia goes through the Red Sea and Suez Canal.

We would welcome a productive role for China to play, but to my knowledge, at this stage they have not offered nor are they conducting any type of operations to help safeguard mariners or international shipping,” Pentagon press secretary Major General Pat Ryder said in response to a question from VOA on Thursday.

... During a Senate hearing this week on security issues in the Red Sea, Republican Senator Mitt Romney of Utah was visibly frustrated as he asked administration officials why China wasn’t putting pressure on the Houthis or Iran.

“We're out there with our flag flying and our men and women in harm's way. China is the nation that I would presume is most impacted by closing off trade to the Red Sea, and yet they're sitting on the sidelines pretending like they’re everybody’s friend,” he said.

Republican Senator Todd Young of Indiana added during the hearing, “Here we are in the midst of a real security crisis, which is for so many an economic and diplomatic crisis in the region, and China's nowhere to be found,”...

... But since the Houthi attacks began ramping up in mid-November, U.S. special envoy for Yemen Tim Lenderking says the administration has seen a “certain degree of freeloading” from China and others.

“That is absolutely unacceptable. When we talk about an international problem that needs an international solution, we need the Chinese much more aggressively engaged,” Lenderking testified during the hearing...

... Ely Karmon, a senior researcher at the International Institute for Counter-Terrorism and a professor at Reichman University in Israel, told VOA that China has been one of the biggest sufferers since the Houthi attacks began.

But O’Hanlon notes that while China has “substantial skin in the game” in terms of Red Sea shipping, China is also able to tap into its access to Russia and the Pacific for trade.

“Even if some big fraction of world shipping does normally go through the Red Sea, it's not that hard to divert it, and it's not that expensive to divert it,” he said.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

holy moly

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you
Lot of genocide supporters suddenly care about the environment. I dont recall any of them caring when the US bombed Nordstream which was a much greater environmental disaster.

https://x.com/LucasFoxNews/status/1761325902569353226?s=20

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/gallant-says-idf-troops-will-not-leave-gaza-without-eliminating-hamas/
Defense Minister Yoav Gallant says Israel will not end the war in the Gaza Strip until Hamas is completely dismantled.

“There is no one to help the terrorists, it’s only a matter of our decision of what we take care of first and what second,” says Gallant to troops of the 98th Division on the Gaza border.

“We will not end this war without eliminating Hamas. There will be no such situation. There will be no Hamas as a ruling organization. It will take the time it takes,” he adds.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/police-finally-clear-highway-shut-for-3-hours-during-extremist-haredi-protest/
Police say they have finally succeeded in clearing an extremist Haredi protest which blocked off a central highway for more than three hours.

According to police, hundreds of protesters shut down Route 4 at the Coca Cola junction next to Bnei Brak and clashed with police, including shouting “Nazis” at officers.

Police did not indicate if any arrests were made during the clashes.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Marenghi posted:

Lot of genocide supporters suddenly care about the environment. I dont recall any of them caring when the US bombed Nordstream which was a much greater environmental disaster.

sounds like maybe they should stop the genocide to allow for environmental cleanup

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

oh so the police can clear israeli protests

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
how come you never hear about oil spills from all the ships that were sank in ww2

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Al! posted:

how come you never hear about oil spills from all the ships that were sank in ww2

this is a bit of a tangent but that has actually been a problem multiple times and there's still several WW2 shipwrecks that are ticking time bombs of environmental contamination because of all the fuel still in them

multiple wrecks have actually been drained of fuel by salvage teams over the decades since the war precisely to prevent that from happening

war, it turns out, is bad for the environment, and that damage can linger for decades and decades after the war is over

the US and Israel would know better than anyone, since the environmental damage they're causing right now is orders of magnitude worse than anything Ansar Allah is doing

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Mister Bates posted:

this is a bit of a tangent but that has actually been a problem multiple times and there's still several WW2 shipwrecks that are ticking time bombs of environmental contamination because of all the fuel still in them

multiple wrecks have actually been drained of fuel by salvage teams over the decades since the war precisely to prevent that from happening

war, it turns out, is bad for the environment, and that damage can linger for decades and decades after the war is over

the US and Israel would know better than anyone, since the environmental damage they're causing right now is orders of magnitude worse than anything Ansar Allah is doing

Britain's got an absolute doozy right in the middle of the Thames estuary .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Richard_Montgomery

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Marenghi posted:

So withdrawing support from Israel both ends a genocide and is good for the environment?

Wow!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The british ship is polluting the seas, it must be scuttled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

There's also that Pearl Harbour memorial that really emphasizes the leaking oil from whatever ship. Arizona or Oklahoma, I think.