Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Turns out my mushroom dose wasn’t enough but I watched Little Monsters with Fred Savage and that movie went crazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

That DICK! posted:

i apologize to all who i have besmirched on this issue, both in this thread and reality.
Is OK. Why don't you relax with a nice Cerveza Cristal?

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

That DICK! posted:

i apologize to all who i have besmirched on this issue, both in this thread and reality.

i thought they were fake too but we’ve gotta hand it to chilean beer advertisers, they were at the top of their game

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Space Jam posted:

i thought they were fake too but we’ve gotta hand it to chilean beer advertisers, they were at the top of their game

for 2003? why wasnt lucas bringing these guys in

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

That DICK! posted:

I forgive you :)

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

anakin is screaming in pain as his body bursts into flames and both his arms are gone, but as luck would have it an ice cold cerveza cristal is waiting nearby which he uses the force to refresh himself with

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The answer to “what movie to watch” whether on drugs or not is always Heat, c’mon thread!! Do better.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

MarcusSA posted:

It’s true because I was there.

:hmmyes:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Space Jam posted:

anakin is screaming in pain as his body bursts into flames and both his arms are gone, but as luck would have it an ice cold cerveza cristal is waiting nearby which he uses the force to refresh himself with

:supaburn::cheers:

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

priznat posted:

The answer to “what movie to watch” whether on drugs or not is always Heat, c’mon thread!! Do better.

that would be an incredibly unpleasant time on mushrooms, especially for a first-timer

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Cubone posted:

I forgive you :)

He is risen

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

trilobite terror posted:

that would be an incredibly unpleasant time on mushrooms, especially for a first-timer

the real answer is enter the void, as a poster previously suggested. it’s a great time for a first trip.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Sunk Dunk posted:

Turns out my mushroom dose wasn’t enough but I watched Little Monsters with Fred Savage and that movie went crazy
listen

that movie sucked

but the monster world that was just like crazy wood upon wood giant staircases and hosed up spires and poo poo was badass

like wtf
would love to know what happened there

it's like when jack black sings war pigs and you go holy poo poo this dude actually has a really sick rock voice. it's the movie equivalent of that
seeing the monster world sets in little monsters with fred savage is the movie equivalent of hearing jack black be good at singing war pigs

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Space Jam posted:

the real answer is enter the void, as a poster previously suggested. it’s a great time for a first trip.

IDK, the first time I did mushrooms I spent like two hours sobbing and processing a bunch of pent-up anxiety into my then-partner’s lap apropos of absolutely nothing.

OP should plan a chill hang with low-stress stuff that they enjoy watching and also have backup options like fun music and/or video games. Vibes and setting should be good and you should have somebody around that will give you big hugs and backrubs if that’s what you need. Watch FLCL maybe but maybe you’ll get super wistful about youth, IDK.

You can experiment with movies in subsequent trips, but stuff like Enter the Void is just as liable to cause OP to hyper fixate on all the hosed up poo poo that happens in it and have a miserable time as it is to be a fun trip-out experience.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

for the record, enter the void is not a good first trip movie lol

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
My girlfriend? Yeah, you wouldn't know her. She lives in 2003 Chile

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

TIP posted:

it's real, you can find old references to it like this article from 2004 about the advertising company winning an award for it:
https://adage.com/article/madisonvine-news/omd-chile-s-product-placement-coup/40570

and they were uploaded to YouTube in the original spanish 14 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfRjN3txdM

https://youtu.be/L9LRtJigCgk

quote:

Lucas was so incensed at the Star Wars beer incident that he filed a grievance with the Chilean Council for Self-Regulation and Advertising Ethics in 2004...

Lol

quote:

the network wove the popular beer into scenes from the 1999 film American Beauty. A month later, the two entities were at it again, but this time with the films Notting Hill and Gladiator.

Oh my, we must find these.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Mar 3, 2024

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I put mushrooms in my alfredo pasta the other day. baby bella. yeah it was a trip... a trip to flavor town

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

This. This I miss.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Mega Comrade posted:

https://youtu.be/L9LRtJigCgk

Lol

Oh my, we must find these.

these are amazing

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Mozi posted:

Lycan Colony

MISTAKE!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I had to do work on the star wars alcohol inserts, they're 100% real*

*To upper management who made me do that work.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Sunk Dunk posted:

That's actually a pretty good choice. (And far better to be conservative on the dose with your first trip instead of overdoing it.)

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

you think enter the void is intolerable on shrooms, you should watch it sober

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It's so hard to find bad camrips these days. I watched Willy Wonka with a camrip that had Malaysian gambling crypto water watermarks and ads thrown in, I think it really jazzed up what was otherwise a pretty boring experience. Trying to find a similar one for Dune but no luck

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Saw Dune. I liked it a lot and would recommend.

It's a very good looking film and I'm glad I saw it on imax. The Harkonen planet was striking, though the millitary parade in pseudo-black and white evoked WW2 in a way that felt a bit on the nose.
A couple other moments took me out just a little. One has Paul march menacingly toward the camera in robes and hood looking very Episode 3 Anakin. The other was where Stilgar says "only the true messiah denies his divinity". There was laughter at that, and it's meant to be funny, but it was like it was daring the audience to shout Monty Python quotes at the screen.
Fortunately the audience was fine. Packed room, chain cinema, opening weekend, and nobody was annoying.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Dream Scenario was not very good. The premise is amazing but the whole thing almost immediately devolves into a hamfisted metaphor for the consequences of unintended instant online celebrity and parasocial relationships but the movie itself just doesn’t do anything other than that. Hell, even Nick Cage seems kinda muted. Part of that is the timid/nebbish character he’s playing but the movie just isn’t all that interesting. Kinda disappointing considering it was an A24 flick. There were a couple funny-ish scenes but probably not worth your time.
2/10 sad nick cages reciting the alphabet in Vampire’s Kiss.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Frank Frank posted:

Dream Scenario was not very good. The premise is amazing but the whole thing almost immediately devolves into a hamfisted metaphor for the consequences of unintended instant online celebrity and parasocial relationships but the movie itself just doesn’t do anything other than that. Hell, even Nick Cage seems kinda muted. Part of that is the timid/nebbish character he’s playing but the movie just isn’t all that interesting. Kinda disappointing considering it was an A24 flick. There were a couple funny-ish scenes but probably not worth your time.
2/10 sad nick cages reciting the alphabet in Vampire’s Kiss.

The metaphor definitely starts to fall apart toward the end but goddamn the fart scene made me laugh so hard. It was just so humiliating.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

RealityWarCriminal posted:

they're all Bloodhound Gang fans and that's adorable

IIRC mike is the only fan. The other two know the lyrics by proxy because he would play them constantly while they were working.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Sunk Dunk posted:

what's a good movie to watch when taking mushrooms for the first time

Try a black and white movie, your brain will fill in the colors for you.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The first time I did LSD I was getting mad cause I thought it didn’t work so my buddy put on a movie to pass time and I’m crying of laughter at it immediately thinking, this is the best movie I’ve ever seen! Then I thought no, this movie is literally divine, it was sent by god, directly to me. It was the blooper reel over the end credits of Pootie Tang

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

You were right

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
one of the first times that my best friend smoked a lot of weed we watched The Two Towers and Return of the King with some people and he became overcome with emotion during the last march of the ents it was really adorable :3:

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Is that what force crystals were the whole time?!

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

That DICK! posted:

The first time I did LSD I was getting mad cause I thought it didn’t work so my buddy put on a movie to pass time and I’m crying of laughter at it immediately thinking, this is the best movie I’ve ever seen! Then I thought no, this movie is literally divine, it was sent by god, directly to me. It was the blooper reel over the end credits of Pootie Tang

Probably cliche but the first time I dropped acid in college I watched Akira and it blew my mind/still kinda fucks with my head on rewatches.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

LanceHunter posted:

(Pro tip: Go into another room for about 5 minutes once they start showing the baby chicks.)

lmao baraka on shrooms literally made me go vegetarian. Koyaanisqatsi or Chronos for a slightly less intense plotless experience.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Speed Racer is a great film on mushrooms.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
One time, I was on mushrooms, and I thought they had worn off, and I started watching the History channel. Well they had most decidedly NOT worn off, and the history they were exploring that morning was of lynchings in America. That was a bit of a mistake.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Nigmaetcetera posted:

One time, I was on mushrooms, and I thought they had worn off, and I started watching the History channel. Well they had most decidedly NOT worn off, and the history they were exploring that morning was of lynchings in America. That was a bit of a mistake.

lol I did that with a history channel show about alien abductions while convalescing from jaw surgery one time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
has anyone here read "Easy Riders, Raging Bulls"?

worth reading?