Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Selachian posted:

The Virtue of Vera Valiant 3/13/77

That's some fine anguished posing in the last panel.

I'm really starting to enjoy the constant preposterousness of Vera Valiant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
First sunday of the Comics Kingdom update. On the one hand we now have the extra title panel that we didn't get before, but on the other hand, today's Macanudo just isn't loading right. The small version is there in the feed, but the full size isn't there and it gives an error if you try to buy a framed print of it. But also I can change the date on the jpegs and see like two weeks ahead of what's gonna happen.

Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Prince Valiant

Powered Descent posted:

:siren: I've updated the Comics Kingdom comics-fetching scripts to work with their new site redesign! :siren:

General notes:
  • Those of you already using this script, just update to this version and put your own list of comics back in, and you should be good to go. New people wanting to start using this lovely little labor-saver, hit me up and I'll help you get going.
  • This is 99% the same thing as before, I just had to update how it finds things like the comic name and the URL of the image in the big unbroken soup of HTML.
  • It will get the biggest version of the image available. Note that for "square" aspect ratio comics like Bizarro or Family Circus, that'll be freaking enormous. You may want to timg it, or manually do the trick where you put a lowercase L at the end of the filename to automatically scale it down: compare https://i.imgur.com/I1XZ9nN.jpg and https://i.imgur.com/I1XZ9nNl.jpg (with the lowercase L). The script does not do this automatically.
  • The Mac/Linux/WSL version still requires the imgur.sh script to do the Imgur upload step. One of these years I'll get around to eliminating that dependency.
  • I had to put the scripts on Pastebin instead of inline in this post since anything that looks too much like source code is apparently assumed by the forums to be an exploit. :buddy:

Mac / Linux / WSL: https://pastebin.com/qawsv4m5
Windows (PowerShell): https://pastebin.com/avwvrBtR

Sample output from a test run on each platform:

Thanks for this!

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!

Powered Descent posted:

:siren: I've updated the Comics Kingdom comics-fetching scripts to work with their new site redesign! :siren:

you're the only reason the thread is seeing Overboard, Foob, and the other two Holbrooks from me!! Thanks!

Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (March 31, 2002)

On The Fastrack

No Safe Havens on Sundays!

Zippy The Pinhead

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAHSb5WwADU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Strontium posted:

Macanudo just isn't loading right.
So you'll have to stop posting it? What a tragedy! Oh well, guess there's no alternative. We'll just have to get along as best we can. No other choice. So sad. :geno:

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Haifisch posted:

Computoon: Origins

Ballard Street vibes from an actually lucid and amusing Compu-Toon!

Anyway, I mentioned that — ahem — I might work an earlier Keef sketch into another full drawing. You might remember the meat patriot nobly sulking his way home after being cock-blocked by Jughead. It seems so long ago now, and it was.

(a little bigger)

(one of my websites, cough cough ahem)

As usual I got a bit carried away and ended up putting in more effort than intended, though I won't say "too much" because I'm happy with the result. The full resolution is only my ipad's screen size though, which means big prints in high quality aren't possible, but I'll at least try to make a Keef postcard set and/or mini-print at some point and put it/them in my ko-fi shop.

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010
It's beautiful, thank you for this blessing

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

EasyEW posted:

Toonerville Folks (July 6-8, 1922)

Not that I'd usually complain about getting too much of the Powerful Katrinka, but you double-posted a strip there.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Samovar posted:

Not that I'd usually complain about getting too much of the Powerful Katrinka, but you double-posted a strip there.

Dang it. Fixed.

Mutts

Sally Forth

Peanuts (March 6, 1977)

Crankshaft

Thimble Theater (October 5, 1940)

Popeye

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 3/2/04

Brenda Starr 9/29 - 10/1/52

Smokey Stover 2/7/60

Everyday Movies 4/20/37

"If that ain't just my luck! Closing Saturday night and just as I'm getting my part memorized, too."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 3/29-31/43

Closer Than We Think! 2/7/60

The Seattle monorail is still running today.

Selachian fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Mar 3, 2024

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

lol okay I enjoy this bit of self-awareness from Randy.

Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Curtis

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Esa Ahto

Nancy

Dustin

Forum accident
Jun 15, 2006

All hail Thor...the THUNDER GOD!
Frank and Ernest

(3/2/1994)

(3/3/1994)

Ziggy

(9/24/1971)

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Tiggum posted:

Can anyone explain this one? I don't get it.

I think the joke is that she fell asleep with the radio on and dreamed that she was at the symphony (high class, elegant, sophisticated, cultured) but is horrified upon awaking to find that the music that she was enjoying so much had been the whole time merely the radio (popular, sophomoric, juvenile, puerile).

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Today's Wallace was too good for me not to attempt to make an avatar, if anyone wants it. Working with Pixlr instead of Photoshop today so I couldn't refine it as nicely as I would have liked, but still.

Gotta show 'em I'm serious.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Chicken Thumbs
Oct 21, 2020

Time is dead and meaning has no meaning!

I mostly just lurk here but dammit this comic just gets on my nerves so much. Dustin is such a loser that every woman he meets immediately senses his millennial aura and despises him on sight, except when Kelley feels like whining about kids these days with their phones, then a random background lady will show interest just to drive home how much phones are distracting and poisoning the youth (and by youth I mean adults with college degrees).

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Okay, that's a funny (and nicely self-aware) one from Randy. And I'm not sure where to find the actual strips, but October 1936 was the original run of the storyline that introduced Papppy.

And in slightly fainter praise, hey, he got the clipless bike pedals and matching shoe clips correct; that is indeed a popular design for road bikers.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

I guess Hocus Focus gets included on Sundays with the new CK formatting.

Flash Gordon

YAAAAAS WITCH-QUEEN

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

An unironic 'Some Gizmo' in 2024. Only Dustin.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Powered Descent posted:

Flash Gordon

YAAAAAS WITCH-QUEEN
God I love her.

I Have Never Been Involved In Wedding Planning But Like A: Get Carl Involved And B: I Don't Think You Should Treat Your Friend Like A Live Grenade Even If This Is Her Special Day She Wants To Be Perfect

[booing, throwing popcorn]

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Powered Descent posted:

Flash Gordon

YAAAAAS WITCH-QUEEN

I said there was a chance of her getting this Sunday's p.o.v. comic, didn't I!

Also, using different characters p.o.v. of the story for the Sunday recap is so bleedin' inspired, I cannot believe we haven't seen it before.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
The Wandering Culinarian

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

Anyway, I mentioned that — ahem — I might work an earlier Keef sketch into another full drawing. You might remember the meat patriot nobly sulking his way home after being cock-blocked by Jughead. It seems so long ago now, and it was.

I love it.

Okay, Zits writer, but hear me out: Jeremy is a high school student and does not have a job.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Magnificent work, Chicken Parmigiana!

Samovar posted:

I said there was a chance of her getting this Sunday's p.o.v. comic, didn't I!

Also, using different characters p.o.v. of the story for the Sunday recap is so bleedin' inspired, I cannot believe we haven't seen it before.

Yeah that is a super cool solution to having to do a recap.

Some Guy TT posted:

The Wandering Culinarian

What a hero.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

Ballard Street vibes from an actually lucid and amusing Compu-Toon!

(a little bigger)

(one of my websites, cough cough ahem)

As usual I got a bit carried away and ended up putting in more effort than intended, though I won't say "too much" because I'm happy with the result. The full resolution is only my ipad's screen size though, which means big prints in high quality aren't possible, but I'll at least try to make a Keef postcard set and/or mini-print at some point and put it/them in my ko-fi shop.

:eyepop: :eyepop:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong, unlike Cop McMarine NotARealDad.

I was wrong.

WITCH WITCH QUEEN WITCH QUEEN I WANT YOU TO NARRATE EVERY COMIC'S RECAP.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Azura :stwoon:

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
"Learn to recognize the church hierarchy!" is a great punchline, thanks Mexikid stories!

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Powered Descent posted:

Flash Gordon

YAAAAAS WITCH-QUEEN

It’s definitely text that she wants to gently caress all the regular and recurring characters.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
Okay wandering culinarian is approaching demons of baseball territory now, i'm in

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I miss demons of baseball just sayin'.

It's in my top 3 of narrative strips that have been posted in this thread, tied with Blueberry after Prince Valiant.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

I AM GRANDO posted:

It’s definitely text that she wants to gently caress all the regular and recurring characters.

if i didn't know i was a lesbian already, she would make me seriously question it.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Ok comic strip thread, cold showers for everyone.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Comic Strip Megathread XVIII posted:

Please refrain from erotic speculation about our characters

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
I love that Azura wasn't even particularly trying to kill Dale, just "I'm sure someone will save you in the nick of time and I can't wait to see who it is"

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

quote:

We Are Reproducing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

THORN, May 22-25, 1984

I guess hardy-type is strong against phoney-type