Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ex post facho posted:

liberals love to make DV analogies to groups they don't like, it's very gross

Sounds like they need some media literacy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Man, these liberals sure love to hang out with fascists. Surely they're the best to resist fascism

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Löwenäffchen is a goon

ah okay, I did think it was a deranged lib last night.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Deranged.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Raiad posted:

i suggested that democrats just do all the things that trump would do to become dictator to prevent a worse fascism and people got mad at me

seemed to be the clearest method of harm reduction if we take their words at face value

On the one hand, we must stop Trump at all costs even if it means supporting genocide. But on the other hand, we can't break the rules

These people get so gun-ho about people not wanting to vote for Biden. But the people they think will protect them from fascism don't have anywhere near the same energy as they do. The democrats kiss fascists and invite them to pass fascist bills.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Trump is going to abolish elections if he wins again, but also if he loses he'll just do another coup that will definitely succeed this time.

How do we stop this? Vote!

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Maureen rules. born too late to post but just at the right time to get paid millions to write crap for the NYT

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Willa Rogers posted:

libs are trying so hard at the "I know you are but what am I?" game.

whoops turns out "but trump!" doesn't work when your whole pitch is that you aren't trump.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

blue squares posted:

Describing Otto Van Bismark's government's efforts to bring the Catholic community under control in the "Struggle for Culture" (so dubbed by liberals), Richard J Evans writes that "what was even more disturbing was that this massive assault on the civil liberties of some 40 percent of the population of the Reich was cheered on by Germany's liberals, who regarded Catholicism as so serious a threat to civilization that it justified extreme measures such as these."

- Richard J Evans in The Coming of the Third Reich

First to fight, first to fall.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Nichael posted:

d&d posters are technically goons

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Nichael posted:

Nah, it's Alex from Chapo FYM.

Semisomnum
Aug 22, 2006

Half Asleep

Willa Rogers posted:

libs are trying so hard at the "I know you are but what am I?" game.

doesn't the fact that he remembers any five words well enough to accurately repeat them constantly kind of defeat whatever point this is trying to make? that's the whole point of that part of the exam, right?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Semisomnum posted:

doesn't the fact that he remembers any five words well enough to accurately repeat them constantly kind of defeat whatever point this is trying to make? that's the whole point of that part of the exam, right?

Nothing says "mental health" like compulsively repeating the same 5 words over and over again. Its just that the dems are exactly as rot brained as the republicans to the point that the only way you disqualify yourself is by having a stroke like on TV, but not any stroke it has to be a big one.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

i don't think this is an opinion actually

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Salt Fish posted:

Nothing says "mental health" like compulsively repeating the same 5 words over and over again. Its just that the dems are exactly as rot brained as the republicans to the point that the only way you disqualify yourself is by having a stroke like on TV, but not any stroke it has to be a big one.

wow ableism much???

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
god, all of these leftists who just want to find excuses to not like joe :rolleyes:

it's just a little genocide, grow up and vote.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

discoukulele posted:

god, all of these leftists who just want to find excuses to not like joe :rolleyes:

it's just a little genocide, grow up and vote.

*Kisses Native American skull I just dug up from a mass grave* "Jealous? :smugbert:"

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

libs find domestic abuse and sexual violence hilarious, but they don't want to admit it - so they only wield it against "acceptable" targets

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
it's really revealing when they talk about Melania.
and all of the Trump in the prison showers jokes that were floating around for awhile.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
lots of people love using slurs, especially thinly veiled ones

i see people writing "r-word" unironically like every day on cspam

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1764115352521499084

They are going to drag his corpse to election day no matter what.

Oddly enough this is also my message to Democrats pining for my vote

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004
when a woman says something's not funny, you better not laugh your ass off

Rauros posted:

just flat out propaganda:

this is so dumb. when people say he's old, obviously they mean he looks "old" and acts "old". trump may say some dumb crazy things but he has energy and vitality. he's basically doing standup. he's better than ever. like a comedian who's been perfecting his new act for years in anticipation of a comeback. Biden looks like the crypt keeper. they should ask who's most undead. who do people think is closest in their transformation into a lich king?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

matty's got the admin's ear so maybe he can convince them to run with this a la obama's HOPE posters

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1764345814376149389

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

SixteenShells posted:

lots of people love using slurs, especially thinly veiled ones

i see people writing "r-word" unironically like every day on cspam

as a neuroatypical person I don’t use it but it’s use bothers me a lot less than the calm hitlers in other places that would never stoop low enough to r-word

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/PostLeftWatch/status/1764165524257448395?t=DaJ-LfYrpRkhzjelJpHqMw&s=19

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
I much prefer just saying retarded tbqh

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

matty's got the admin's ear so maybe he can convince them to run with this a la obama's HOPE posters

Someone should AI combine Guernica and Genocide Joe doing a thumbs up.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFBIz3Sm5ZY

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Eason the Fifth posted:

I much prefer just saying retarded tbqh

you do you

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

mags posted:

as a neuroatypical person I don’t use it but it’s use bothers me a lot less than the calm hitlers in other places that would never stoop low enough to r-word

I guess it's just the faux cutesy-ness that sets me off. Like, someone is saying it, but clearly they recognize they shouldn't, so they say the euphemism. But no one is fooled by the euphemism, we all know exactly what is being said. So either don't say it, or stop dancing around it and just say the word they want to say and let us judge them for it.

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

SixteenShells posted:

I guess it's just the faux cutesy-ness that sets me off. Like, someone is saying it, but clearly they recognize they shouldn't, so they say the euphemism. But no one is fooled by the euphemism, we all know exactly what is being said. So either don't say it, or stop dancing around it and just say the word they want to say and let us judge them for it.

I agree it’s a very unserious thing to do

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Willa Rogers posted:

I sort of remembered this but in the interim period of time the extreme gaslighting has been p. successful with "biden lowered the price of insulin" and its corollary "trump will kill diabetics":

once again I'm wishing I had a brain as smooth as those with faith-based beliefs in Dems Good.

https://www.policymed.com/2021/10/biden-administration-rescinds-trump-administration-insulin-pricing-rule.html

Am I reading correctly that they tried to means test low insulin prices? And then that means test got struck down so now no one gets low insulin prices?

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

SixteenShells posted:

im sorry the lifecycle of every pejorative term in linguistic history bothers you

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKhcBT_Jdf8

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Getting hung up on words instead of substance is one of the many ways the us left shoots itself in the dick at every single opportunity

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/vodkasnowflake/status/1764084570956222911

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

is that his egg-shaped head in the shadow, taking the pic?

when succs go this mask off it's hard to know how to respond other than :wtc:

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

Am I reading correctly that they tried to means test low insulin prices? And then that means test got struck down so now no one gets low insulin prices?

trump issued an executive order lowering the cost for low- and middle-income earners but biden said it was too burdensome so he killed it then took credit for lowering the cost for medicare recipients, which was means-testing by age, not income.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

I think I'm gonna favor "harm reduction" over "lesser evil" until December.

Biden is absolutely the harm reduction candidate.
I am an anarchist
I understand that accelerationism burns people from the bottom of society up, not the top down