Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
hell yeah, go Queen! if she's gone this far I think she might win the whole thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Aminata vs. Starkz is going to be such a good final.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
this is dying a death

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Is this failed editing or messed up spots?? Or is my app breaking

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Zero interest in watching Taya or Johnny actually wrestle but everything they do outside of the ropes is funny.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
that sauce! that illegal sauce!!

e; I'm sorry was there an episode of Mr. Belvedere where his balls were destroyed

Barry Bluejeans fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Mar 1, 2024

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

WHAT THE gently caress, HE KILLED HIM

E: that was just like that Japanese wrestling college gif

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
lol Dalton lost The Boys to the least impactful finisher in history

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

HE LOST THE BOYS

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Johnny's dumbass music blaring in the background while the commentary got all somber and serious was the cherry on top, just perfect

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Pylons posted:

HE LOST THE BOYS

this happens so frequently im about to just start calling dalton a deadbeat dad

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Barry Bluejeans posted:

that sauce! that illegal sauce!!

e; I'm sorry was there an episode of Mr. Belvedere where his balls were destroyed

In the 1989 Hollywood Christmas Parade, Christopher Hewett (Mr. Belvedere) was standing up in a convertible and fell backwards into his seat, injuring his testicles in the process. https://www.cbr.com/infamous-mister-belvedere-story-actually-true/

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Taya and Johnny are so much more interesting together than apart. Sleazy dumb power couple.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Lamuella posted:

In the 1989 Hollywood Christmas Parade, Christopher Hewett (Mr. Belvedere) was standing up in a convertible and fell backwards into his seat, injuring his testicles in the process. https://www.cbr.com/infamous-mister-belvedere-story-actually-true/

fascinating, thanks!

e;

:allears:

Barry Bluejeans fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Mar 2, 2024

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The Taxman posted:

WHAT THE gently caress, HE KILLED HIM

E: that was just like that Japanese wrestling college gif

John Morrison being willing to take that bump on a show watched by 18 people is admirable & cool. That gif was the single most interesting thing to happen to this iteration of ROH.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

John Morrison being willing to take that bump on a show watched by 18 people is admirable & cool. That gif was the single most interesting thing to happen to this iteration of ROH.

stuff like this is why you cannot under any circumstances be taken seriously.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

karmicknight posted:

stuff like this is why you cannot under any circumstances be taken seriously.

Saying something was cool on a show watched by 18 people is the highest compliment The Forkboy is giving, that is the kind of wrestling he lives for.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
you know what, that's completely fair I also miss read single most interesting as single interesting. that's on me.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MassRafTer posted:

Saying something was cool on a show watched by 18 people is the highest compliment The Forkboy is giving, that is the kind of wrestling he lives for.

This guy gets it. It's not a knock on ROH, where the stuff I've seen is quite fun. Although mostly the stuff I've seen has involved Athena & Billie Starks

Also did you see how stupid that bump was? It was some Beverley Brothers on random jobbers stuff, but the random jobber was John Morrison.

https://x.com/DrainBamager/status/1763592862564855809?s=20

(OK, it's not quite Shaker Heights Spike but still)

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Mar 2, 2024

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

He braces and protects himself before landing

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

This is why I embrace getting worked

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Johnny sells it well, but all the impact is on his elbows.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Commentary doing the Owen voice for Dalton losing The Boys got me real good. When AEWROH first started I assumed it was gonna be this workrate show for super talented wrestlers who couldn’t get on tv, but it’s turned out to be the goofiest show going and I love it.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
wheres the tv champ

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

wheres the tv champ

Visa issues

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i'm sure visa stuff is a big pain but it seems like its one of aew/roh's biggest hurdles with all of the international talent they have, i guess there's not a way to preemptively anticipate & get ahead of these issues

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Lamuella posted:

Johnny sells it well, but all the impact is on his elbows.

When that move came up in the Memorial thread, someone described it as him basically just dropping straight into an elbow stand before flopping over to sell. So not a good bump, but something a parkour nerd like Morrison would come up with and be willing to do.

(Forearm stand? I don't actually remember the proper term, but just look at the clip and you'll see what I mean.)

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Mar 3, 2024

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

KungFu Grip posted:

i'm sure visa stuff is a big pain but it seems like its one of aew/roh's biggest hurdles with all of the international talent they have, i guess there's not a way to preemptively anticipate & get ahead of these issues

It's been a problem since even before the pandemic happened. At a media call way back in 2019, Cody described it in a polite way that "visas have been difficult to obtain for foreign talent in this political climate", which is the nice way of saying "Trump hosed up the visa process", and the effects are still being dealt with today.

I think historically, the two people that they've always had trouble getting to do stuff with is PAC and Yuka Sakazaki. Yuka even graduated from TJPW to move to the US last year and hasn't been used yet, and her first match since leaving TJPW is going to be... a match at TJPW at the end of the month.

And yeah, there is no way to plan ahead, because the delays are on the government side and are completely arbitrary for how long it takes, so AEW/ROH could make plans way early and still not be able to make it work (and that's without taking into account any other changes that have to be accounted for, like match shuffling due to injury or whatever).

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Looks like...only five matches announced?

Leyla Hirsch v Red Velvet, quarterfinals
Workhorsemen v infantry v SAP V Gringo Loco/ Jack Cartwheel
Lee Johnson v Jon Cruz
Nyla in action
Abadon in action

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
that's all Cagematch has too, looks like this is the second half of the Springfield taping

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Leyla does whisper in the wind?!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

That was a great opener. Really looking forward to Velvet vs. Aminata

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I'm a simple man; I see Jack Cartwheel, I pop

(Gringo Loco is great too)

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Honor Club... we won

https://x.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1765949643198804115?s=20

Pylons fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Mar 8, 2024

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Tony you mother fucker, if you make me pay for a month of honor club for one match…

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Pylons posted:

Honor Club... we won

I mean I'm incredibly excited about this but maybe should be behind a spoiler tag

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Tonight's card:

quote:

ROH Women's World Television Title Tournament Quarter Final Match
Diamante vs. Billie Starkz

Singles Match
Aaron Solo vs. Lee Johnson

ROH Women's World Television Title Tournament Quarter Final Match
Mercedes Martinez vs. Abadon

ROH Women's World Title Proving Ground Match
Athena vs. Aisha

Six Man Tag Team Match
Top Flight (Dante Martin & Darius Martin) & Action Andretti vs. Iron Savages (Boulder & Bronson) & Jacked Jameson

Tag Team Match
Jacoby Watts & Nick Comoroto vs. The WorkHorsemen (Anthony Henry & JD Drake)

Singles Match
Lance Archer (w/Jake Roberts) vs. Darian Bengston

Four Corner Survival Match
Kiera Hogan vs. Leyla Hirsch vs. Lady Frost vs. Robyn Renegade

Four Corner Survival Match
Slim J vs. AR Fox vs. Komander (w/Alex Abrahantes) vs. Jack Cartwheel

Tag Team Match
Cole Karter & Griff Garrison (w/Maria) vs. CHAOS (Orange Cassidy & Trent Beretta) (w/Chuck Taylor)

much more exciting slate than last week, plenty of interesting women's matches and a main event with real potential

e; start of the stream is delayed for some reason

Barry Bluejeans fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Mar 15, 2024

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Yay,ROH starting. I'm going to try to watch ROH more regularly :shobon:

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
lol tuned in just in time to see them gently caress up the corner belly-to-belly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

they offered to drop my rent on my lease renewal so i might be able to join honor club again