Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

one of tony's weaknesses in booking is he has a bunch of good and solid home grown talent that is over/getting over and ready to break out as top guys but he signs some new big name and those home grown young stars are pushed back down to being fodder for the hot new thing

Like who

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Ricky Starks is 2 years younger than Okada, I don't want to hear about him as some hidden prospect when you have guys like 9 years younger than him who are actual prospects

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Tell that to hot new thing Jay White, currently slumming it in the preshow 😢

jay was signed awhile ago, tony khan has moved on to Copeland but now that's cooled off, its time for Ospreay and Okada

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

KungFu Grip posted:

Ospreay is a terrible babyface for what its worth and also a terrible promo so he should stay in the Callis Family, but this is absolutely going to be a Will fights for Kyle Fletcher's soul and free him from the Callis Family. Maybe Mark Davis would be healthy enough by then too

I dunno if I agree with that. The world title scene is all guys who have been there for years. The continental crown is two guys that have been there for years. The TNT title is two guys that have been there for years, with one of the young home grown guys as challenger. The tag team titles is a bunch of guys who have been there for years, including one of their core homegrown guys. The TBS title scene is all people that have been there for years.

If you wanna say the Undisputed Kingdom is cringe, sure, I guess.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Okada hasn't even debuted yet and we're bitching about him holding people down. Very normal discourse.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Who exactly is this hot young upstart that should be in Will Ospreay's spot instead

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Benne posted:

Who exactly is this hot young upstart that should be in Will Ospreay's spot instead

Sting's huge adult son

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Pylons posted:

Ricky Starks is 2 years younger than Okada, I don't want to hear about him as some hidden prospect when you have guys like 9 years younger than him who are actual prospects

Takeshita, Garcia, Hobbs, Swerve. Starks absolutely is a definition of a homegrown talent that is what should be built around and not old WWE guys and NJPW stars that's easier for Tony to present as a big deal that he's a huge fan of. Then the ex WWE guys hang around at the top of the shows or they're old and broken down so younger talent are stuck with them or they refuse to do the job apparently and are taken off TV for not wanting to play ball.

It's not about the age of the talent its about people that been in AEW for awhile that should have been moved up the card that just keep being shuffled down or hitting the ceiling. Like even Hangman was a victim of Punk and Danielson coming in and getting shuffled down or even off shows every now and then.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

ur choices for the ppl being held down are the guy in a showcase match against the hottest debut in forever, the guy in the TNT title match, a guy who squashes the old wwe people that apparently are ruining the company, and a guy in the world title match. alright then

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Swerve is literally in the world title match what are we doing here

Also Hobbs stinks

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

KungFu Grip posted:

Takeshita, Garcia, Hobbs, Swerve. Starks absolutely is a definition of a homegrown talent that is what should be built around and not old WWE guys and NJPW stars that's easier for Tony to present as a big deal that he's a huge fan of. Then the ex WWE guys hang around at the top of the shows or they're old and broken down so younger talent are stuck with them or they refuse to do the job apparently and are taken off TV for not wanting to play ball.

It's not about the age of the talent its about people that been in AEW for awhile that should have been moved up the card that just keep being shuffled down or hitting the ceiling. Like even Hangman was a victim of Punk and Danielson coming in and getting shuffled down or even off shows every now and then.

All of those guys are on the PPV card...........................................................

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Two of them are in title matches....................

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I’m a Brian Cage kinda guy

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Benne posted:

action andretti

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

we have a chance to include the best wrestler in the world on the roster, but darius martin has really paid his dues

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Tony delayed meat madness so the large adult sons could learn how to work

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Darius Shartin’ of Top Shite

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Darius Shartin’ of Top Shite

Top Fart was right there.

When are you gonna loving get your head in the loving game?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The home groan talent

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Fart doesn’t rhyme with Flight though

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

Fart doesn’t rhyme with Flight though

there are levels to this poo poo

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Bryan Keith’s incredibly high waistband weirds me out

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Tony 100% should put a non ROH title on one of the homegrown young guys like Garcia and Yuta and I'll be somewhat unhappy if Garcia doesn't win the TNT title tonight....Buf if you get the chance to sign an Ospreay/Okada you 100% need to do it or else your crazy as a promoter

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
crow sting is retiring but surfer sting will return

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Tony 100% should put a non ROH title on one of the homegrown young guys like Garcia and Yuta and I'll be somewhat unhappy if Garcia doesn't win the TNT title tonight....Buf if you get the chance to sign an Ospreay/Okada you 100% need to do it or else your crazy as a promoter

You want Daniel Garcia , one of the most boring dudes alive… to go over Christian?!!!

WTF!!!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

yea ok posted:

ur choices for the ppl being held down are the guy in a showcase match against the hottest debut in forever, the guy in the TNT title match, a guy who squashes the old wwe people that apparently are ruining the company, and a guy in the world title match. alright then

Yeah now they are after being cooled and reheated again. Its good that Tony is using Hangman again after he's been floating around doing nothing of interest between besides the sole bright spot of the Mox feud which just became an Elite storyline that felt flat and fed into a Jericho/Callis story for Omega and the Bucks. I'm glad Swerve is finally getting a chance instead of the will they wont they feud with Keith Lee. I hope either of them win the title tonight. I don't think Takeshita should lose but again the Callis Family stable hasnt really done poo poo for him or Hobbs but that's the Jericho/Sammy vortex. I have no hope for Garcia being TNT champ or anything out of the match and I'm glad that it seems like he's finally recovering from being Jericho's lap dog in JAS.

Whenever those guys get a chance I see people loving them and then they're off tv for awhile doing nothing interesting, stuck in bad feuds going nowhere, or just losing to the hot new toy Tony got. Maybe they get a cool matches that I enjoy but I want a bit more than just some cool one off **** match. They should be presented as top people instead of fodder for new talent thats already established elsewhere.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Copeland should beat Christian but Garcia should probably beat Copeland.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the guy who does the funny dance and can’t promo… champ material

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

the real answer is that aew has gotten better once that bum mjf was off screen so its harder to bring forth the real AEW Hell spirit

I don't always agree with you but this is the truest thing. It was much easier to bring forth the hell when he was on tv and the top champ. These days the most I can complain about is I wish Jay White had a more prominent role but I have to figure that is just a matter of time. He doesn't strike me like Andrade or Miro or Malakai

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Tony’s Toybox 🤣

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

the guy who does the funny dance and can’t promo… champ material

yes but also Santino Marella should have beaten Daniel Bryan in the Elimination Chamber

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Ive been kind of down on AEW recently and it makes me sad mostly because I just want big dumb smarky matches and I feel like we're not getting big dumb smarky matches anymore

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
all bookers have had their own favorites to use in spite of other talent existing fwiw, this is not a unique problem i have with tony khan's handling of talent i want to see used more as top guys than the ones he does use/or how he uses them. i'm glad this ppv has a lot of them in those kind of spots but i'm not holding my breath for the dynamite and ppv cycle after. when vince insisted on roman when that push was a flop and when he brought in lesnar or goldberg to squash younger wrestlers i hated that too. It's a shame a lot of the talent I liked in WWE that were misused like Keith Lee, Malakai, Andrade, Miro, and Murphy are losers who dont want to play ball and are afraid of looking weak. I'm glad Danielson, Mox and Claudio are cool with taking losses every now and then

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

one of tony's weaknesses in booking is he has a bunch of good and solid home grown talent that is over/getting over and ready to break out as top guys but he signs some new big name and those home grown young stars are pushed back down to being fodder for the hot new thing

and yet everyone here complains about skye blue while being excited for mercedes mone... curious.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
aew's womens division is bad outside like 4 people, not counting if any of the women from japan are able to be in the US or important enough to book outside a dark match

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Ive been kind of down on AEW recently and it makes me sad mostly because I just want big dumb smarky matches and I feel like we're not getting big dumb smarky matches anymore

You’re literally getting Osprey vs Takeshita tonight.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Khan can only hope his match is as good as Goldberg vs. The Fiend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

yea ok posted:

gently caress off

yea ok posted:

gently caress off

yea ok posted:

gently caress off

yea ok posted:

gently caress off

yea ok posted:

gently caress off

yea ok posted:

gently caress off