Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
lol

https://old.reddit.com/r/PleX/comments/1b0mgmo/account_deactivated_last_night/

100 of my closest friends and our own discord. All from my home network. Uh-huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Out on the server having the time of my life watching movies with my friends. They're all just out of frame, watching too.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Bonzo posted:

lol

100 of my closest friends and our own discord. All from my home network. Uh-huh.

We don't have a paid Discord but we put like 40 friends on it, should we be worried?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

IUG posted:

What's the best way, short of mkvmerge, to join together multiple episode files in Plex? The output of the Ren and Stimpy DVDs comes out to something like this:
code:
s01e01p01 - Intro.mkv
s01e01p02 - Log.mkv
s01e01p03 - Stimpy's Big Day.mkv
s01e02p01 - Stimpy's Breakfast Tips.mkv
s01e02p02 - The Big Shot.mkv
s01e02p03 - Say Goodbye (Gritty Kitty).mkv
Obviously I did the file names, before they were just title_01.mkv or whatever. I know the pXX isn't standard, but it seems that the way they want it is "s01e01 - Stimpy's Big Day (part1).mkv", but I'd like to indicate which video file is what. I tried a .plexmatch file, but it is showing a random file as the episode when I play it there.

Non-working .plexmatch file:
code:
ep: 01: s01e01p01 - Intro.mkv
ep: 01: s01e01p02 - Log.mkv
ep: 01: s01e01p03 - Stimpy's Big Day.mkv
ep: 01: s01e02p01 - Stimpy's Breakfast Tips.mkv
ep: 02: s01e02p02 - The Big Shot.mkv
ep: 02: s01e02p03 - Say Goodbye (Gritty Kitty).mkv

Recently had to do something similar with one of the Star Wars CGI shows, keep them all the same sXeX and just append - partx to each file:
code:
S03E01 Steps Into Shadow Bluray-720p - part1.mkv
S03E01 Steps Into Shadow Bluray-720p - part2.mkv
So try something like:
code:
s01e01 Intro - part1.mkv
s01e01 Log - part2.mkv
s01e01 Stimpy's Big Day - part3.mkv
s01e02 Stimpy's Breakfast Tips - part1.mkv
s01e02 The Big Shot - part2.mkv
s01e02 Say Goodbye (Gritty Kitty) - part3.mkv
If that doesn't work you may have to keep all the episode titles the same as well.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Bonzo posted:

lol

drat, I am still on the fence about sharing my Plex with my wife.

:thejoke:

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Bonzo posted:

lol

That sucks, though. Way to make people paranoid about inviting too many friends.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

TheDK posted:

drat, I am still on the fence about sharing my Plex with my wife.

:thejoke:

I don't share with my mom, not because I am worried about getting busted, I don't want to play Tier 1 support more than I already have to

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

I don't share with my mom, not because I am worried about getting busted, I don't want to play Tier 1 support more than I already have to

:hmmyes:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Bonzo posted:

lol

Looks like at least one data point for getting the account back upon appeal.

I really do wonder what is flagging these reviews in the first place. I'm sure Plex won't say because that'd just make it too easy to stay within their new guardrails.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

IOwnCalculus posted:

Looks like at least one data point for getting the account back upon appeal.

I really do wonder what is flagging these reviews in the first place. I'm sure Plex won't say because that'd just make it too easy to stay within their new guardrails.

It has to be the high sharing count, not sure there is any way for them to see if people are taking payments.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

I’ve been at the friend limit (100) or very close for many years now. Will post my trip report if/when I get banned :angel:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It might be something like assuming that if a user pays for one server, they might be paying for the other servers that they have access to, and if they see a server almost maxing the limit then that might score enough points to get a ban.

It’s a little lovely they just went straight to a ban, and the email response was pretty crappy too. ‘You didn’t do anything wrong but watch out because we’ll ban you again if you continue to not do anything wrong.’

Chillmatic
Jul 25, 2003

always seeking to survive and flourish
If you want me to wear 37 pieces of flair, then just make the minimum 37 pieces of flair.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

kri kri posted:

It has to be the high sharing count, not sure there is any way for them to see if people are taking payments.

They could have employees on discords or whatever where access is being sold and see who is selling access or even buying access to see that information.

Also even if the guy with banned 100 user server isn't lying about not selling access, he probably has no way if guaranteeing none of his users sold access to the server, as I'm sure they aren't all close irl friends/family.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Much in the way that streaming services are cracking down on password sharing, I could see where Plex might see this as a concern. They are getting into the rental market and people sharing out legitimately purchased or pirated material to 100 users is not a good look for them. I'm sure they'd also rather a user view Oppenheimer on VOD or an ad-based service before going to Bonzo's Plex server.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Well rented items would be tied to specific Plex.tv accounts which every user has to have now. Each user can interact with the free and paid Plex stuff directly with their account, not via the account you share libraries to other users with.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Splinter posted:

They could have employees

lmao

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I've got a weird media question that I don't know where else to ask.

I've got a ~3hr video file that starts off with good audio/video sync, but the video slowly starts to fall behind and is 1-2 seconds off by the end. I tried demux/remux but that didn't fix things, and I found out the video track was improperly marked with edits that I had to remove with ffmpeg for mp4box to set the lengths correctly. Setting it to locked 29.97fps had no effect, and setting it to anything else makes the skew worse. I can NVENC 1080p it in Handbrake with a locked 29.97fps and the audio will still be perceptibly ahead the further along it plays.

What am I missing?

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Mar 2, 2024

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I thought my partner ran into something similar, but she can't remember. She thinks it may be a PAL thing, or the video track was edited in some way without the audio, or it's a sample rate thing: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffmpeg/comments/r4w4xd/slowing_down_pal_audio_to_sync_with_bluray_video/

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’d probably find a few points of the video where you can accurate measure how far off the audio is from the video, then you can see if it’s at least consistent, then speed it up by x% so it stays in sync throughout.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Kibner posted:

I thought my partner ran into something similar, but she can't remember. She thinks it may be a PAL thing, or the video track was edited in some way without the audio, or it's a sample rate thing: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffmpeg/comments/r4w4xd/slowing_down_pal_audio_to_sync_with_bluray_video/
Thanks for even bothering to ask your partner about this! This is professionally-mastered content so I suspect those edit marks in the video track are a clue.

EL BROMANCE posted:

I’d probably find a few points of the video where you can accurate measure how far off the audio is from the video, then you can see if it’s at least consistent, then speed it up by x% so it stays in sync throughout.
It's definitely a small percentage to have a few seconds delta at three hours. I don't need 100% accuracy, but just basic lip sync by the end would be enough. Can Handbrake do this?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I don’t think handbrake can change audio speed at all. I’d probably remux, retime in Audacity or similar, then remux it back in.

Chillmatic
Jul 25, 2003

always seeking to survive and flourish
Another month, another *arr app whomst's developers I want to stake in the chest like the loving time vampires they are

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

What happened this time?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Mine are working fine, sounds like a skill issue

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I have never used an *arr application. What property does the arr suffix indicate? Same developers? Common interface? Are they related in any way beyond the last syllable of their name?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Piracy. Because pirates go arrrr.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Wayne Knight posted:

I have never used an *arr application. What property does the arr suffix indicate? Same developers? Common interface? Are they related in any way beyond the last syllable of their name?

The pirate thing and that most of them use the same framework.

At least for radarr, sonarr, prowlarr, and lidarr.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

What does “same framework” mean? Like they work well together because they share conventions that allow different actions to be performed on files in predictable ways without interfering with each other?

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
They share the same codebase, same API, same documentation, same UI, etc etc.

It's pretty slick if you are into that kind of thing :rolleyes:

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Neat, thanks!

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kibner posted:

I know when a variable bit rate is used for audio, it will cause sync issues over time.

To confirm this or possibly find other issues use the following two commands

For extracting audio:
ffmpeg -i PRECIOUS VIDEO\ MOMENTS.mkv -vn -c:a copy PRECIOUS_VIDEO_MOMENTS_audio.ac3

For extracting video:
ffmpeg -i PRECIOUS VIDEO\ MOMENTS.mkv -an -c:v copy PRECIOUS_VIDEO_MOMENTS_video.mkv

Look at the length of the video and audio in whatever you want. If they are the same then what I do is just dump both files into a video editor like Premiere and see what it looks like.

If the audio turns out to be shorter in Premiere, I just rate extend the audio track to meet the end of the video and make sure to choose CBR when encoding out.

If you need PEAK "professionally-mastered content" (read the editor used filters and up selling fake HDR.) then change the above ffmpeg export commands above to use mpeg2 as the video format and flac for the audio for that :discourse:Criterion collection quality:discourse:

In handbrake drop the glistening glossy files in and make sure to set the audio bitrate ABOVE what it normally was and super double confirm that it isn't using CBR and not VBR. CBR equals "Constant Video Bitrate"

Then bless the hell out of that holy as all hell file that has now been kissed by Baby Jesus in Pampers and see if the sync is gone.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I love when I peak in at the server and see such glory.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
How do you manage to black out something in MS paint and still have people's names be readable.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ah I forget the iPhone photo edit thing is a bit poo poo. Tbh there wasn’t any real reason for me to do so anyway, just habit.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

EVIL Gibson posted:

I know when a variable bit rate is used for audio, it will cause sync issues over time.

To confirm this or possibly find other issues use the following two commands

For extracting audio:
ffmpeg -i PRECIOUS VIDEO\ MOMENTS.mkv -vn -c:a copy PRECIOUS_VIDEO_MOMENTS_audio.ac3

For extracting video:
ffmpeg -i PRECIOUS VIDEO\ MOMENTS.mkv -an -c:v copy PRECIOUS_VIDEO_MOMENTS_video.mkv

Look at the length of the video and audio in whatever you want. If they are the same then what I do is just dump both files into a video editor like Premiere and see what it looks like.

If the audio turns out to be shorter in Premiere, I just rate extend the audio track to meet the end of the video and make sure to choose CBR when encoding out.

If you need PEAK "professionally-mastered content" (read the editor used filters and up selling fake HDR.) then change the above ffmpeg export commands above to use mpeg2 as the video format and flac for the audio for that :discourse:Criterion collection quality:discourse:

In handbrake drop the glistening glossy files in and make sure to set the audio bitrate ABOVE what it normally was and super double confirm that it isn't using CBR and not VBR. CBR equals "Constant Video Bitrate"

Then bless the hell out of that holy as all hell file that has now been kissed by Baby Jesus in Pampers and see if the sync is gone.
Thanks; I haven’t had to do that amount of rate adjustment since the VirtualDub days.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Not sure where to ask, but if I'm using yt-dlp with sponsorblock (yt-dlp --sponsorblock-remove X) -- how do I remove multiple elements? Like remove sponsor, intermission, and selfpromo.

I tried reading the API docs but I can't parse how to use it with yt-dlp

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
Switchblade Switcharoo

PRADA SLUT posted:

Not sure where to ask, but if I'm using yt-dlp with sponsorblock (yt-dlp --sponsorblock-remove X) -- how do I remove multiple elements? Like remove sponsor, intermission, and selfpromo.

I tried reading the API docs but I can't parse how to use it with yt-dlp

You use commas

--sponsorblock-remove sponsor,intro,outro

You use "all" to remove absolutely everything and "default" to remove everything but filler

Link here for the part it describes sponsorblock

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I need to go double check but there is no way for it to have Plex peg those as commercials and offer to skip, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Warbird posted:

I need to go double check but there is no way for it to have Plex peg those as commercials and offer to skip, right?

You can mark the sections as chapters instead and hit double right to skip.

You use sponsorblock-mark instead of sponsorblock-remove

You will not get an offer but you'll be able to skip the rest of the 1:30 minute in-video sponsor