Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Ive been kind of down on AEW recently and it makes me sad mostly because I just want big dumb smarky matches and I feel like we're not getting big dumb smarky matches anymore

Do you think AEW is living up to its original vision? If not, do you think they will get there by 2030?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

replace the fiend vs goldberg one with kevin owens vs goldberg, wwe was a loss cause by the saudi shows of caring what they did

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Do you think

Nope

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Good night my little hell thread beeeatches. Hopefully zero new posts after the pape☺️☺️☺️

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
He's right
https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1764315826025312669

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

AEW PPVs aren’t worth 50 dollars. To have to use a VPN and poo poo to get them to a reasonable price is too annoying for me. You can rent films that are in the theater for $20, 100s of hours long video games for less than $50. For $50 I can go to Texas Roadhouse and eat like a king.

If they sell 150,000 buys average that’s like 7 Million in revenue before whatever costs are incurred, so I doubt it will ever change but I can’t justify the cost anymore like I could when the product was hot and anything could happen.

If you’re a Sting fan this show is worth it, but I am not. Sting fan. Enjoy the show!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Eat My Fuc posted:

AEW PPVs aren’t worth 50 dollars. To have to use a VPN and poo poo to get them to a reasonable price is too annoying for me. You can rent films that are in the theater for $20, 100s of hours long video games for less than $50. For $50 I can go to Texas Roadhouse and eat like a king.

If they sell 150,000 buys average that’s like 7 Million in revenue before whatever costs are incurred, so I doubt it will ever change but I can’t justify the cost anymore like I could when the product was hot and anything could happen.

If you’re a Sting fan this show is worth it, but I am not. Sting fan. Enjoy the show!

HowLongToBeat-assed mentality.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
if you like cody you should like sting because cody is a huge sting fanboy

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

if you like cody you should like sting because cody is a huge sting fanboy

My boy is fallible, if only rarely.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Pylons posted:

HowLongToBeat-assed mentality.

yeah how dare someone say things we like should cost less, what an imbecile

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Eat My Fuc posted:

I feel like a chump for buying this show because Tony can't or won't make banger ppvs like a few years ago. Now you get 1 or 2 great things and they hold off on everything else because we're headed to monthly ppvs, baby!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
If I didn't want to pay for a pay per view event I would simply search the internet for a site that showed it to me for free

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

My boy is fallible, if only rarely.

His goofy rear end dog, Shithead

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Critical posted:

yeah how dare someone say things we like should cost less, what an imbecile

yes, emf is an imbecile

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

with all the inflation we should thank tony it isn’t $60 a pape

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

yea ok posted:

yes, emf is an imbecile

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Much like with Jade and Punk I held strong on not jumping on the EMF bandwagon and I once again stand vindicated as PSP catches up to me.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

That being said, all should be welcome in AEW Hell thread especially on this our most holiest day which is Sting's retirement.

Sting single-handedly brought me back to watching pro wrestling and to discovering AEW and for that I appreciate him.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Imagine being a huge Cody fan and NOT shelling out for the latest AEW--a company Cody helped found--PPV 🫣

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Of course i’m an imbecile. I watch wrestling

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I don't think AEW should drop PPV's unless say Warner Discovery or some other company gives them a huge bag of cash to stream them but I'd love it if they just had 5 shows at the PPV cost and than had the additional 4-5 shows they want to run as like HBO go or streaming specials.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i'd love it if they were all free but all but maybe 3 aew ppvs ever have been worse than great so i'll keep paying for that slop

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I remember when I didn't watch wrestling papes for close to 8 years. Now I get a pape every couple of months and like yea ok said, I've only ever thought like three of them were just ok. Every single other one was a really fun time.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I don't think AEW should drop PPV's unless say Warner Discovery or some other company gives them a huge bag of cash to stream them but I'd love it if they just had 5 shows at the PPV cost and than had the additional 4-5 shows they want to run as like HBO go or streaming specials.

I want them all on MAX because I'm poor, although there is a fear Zaslav would somehow vault them before they aired live and the promoted Omega/Okada/Danielson/Ospreay 60 minute fourway iron man match would never be seen by the public.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

yea ok posted:

i'd love it if they were all free but all but maybe 3 aew ppvs ever have been worse than great so i'll keep paying for that slop

https://voca.ro/1aKZLKcft5Pm

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

uh oh

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

jim just gets me

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Do you think AEW is living up to its original vision? If not, do you think they will get there by 2030?

insha'alllah

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

great another literally brain damaged negative attention freak.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that was funny how you made italian jr

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

"italians are slop eatin pigs" -cavauro
you heard it straight from the horses mouth folks. smh

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
things should cost less though and i cant tell you the last time i bought a ppv at full usd price

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Mar 4, 2024

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

Of course i’m an imbecile. I watch wrestling

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Can't wait for Jungle Boy to show up tonight and hit Sting with his new finisher

https://twitter.com/freshlyhooked/status/1764311859849555977

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

i didn’t pay $50 to see this show because I paid $35 to be in the nosebleeds. my posting enemies in shambles

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

blunt posted:

Can't wait for Jungle Boy to show up tonight and hit Sting with his new finisher

https://twitter.com/freshlyhooked/status/1764311859849555977

Worst Sanji cosplay I've ever seen.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Not enough people in the AEW thread hate with open hearts and open eyes. Just a bunch of things twitter told them to think and this weird bonesaw noise

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Eat My Fuc posted:

i didn’t pay $50 to see this show because I paid $35 to be in the nosebleeds. my posting enemies in shambles

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Renee just said the 3-way is main eventing. lmao?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
okada debuting post triple threat then?