Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Oh drat, that is a big glow-up on Cannonball.

Previous, On Reveal: Move an enemy card away from here and add a Rock where it was. If it can't move, destroy it to add the Rock.

Now, On Reveal: Move the highest-Power card away from here. If you can't, Destroy it with a Rock.

Still dunno if he's good enough, but that's a major upgrade that could turn him into a legit tech card since a 5/8 stat line with a relevant ability is not at all bad.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 2, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
They turned Krakoa into a location that's not complete rear end. Now we don't have to worry about it coming back the way it used to be.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Skippy McPants posted:

Oh drat, that is a big glow-up on Cannonball.

Previous, On Reveal: Move an enemy card away from here and add a Rock where it was. If it can't move, destroy it to add the Rock.

Now, On Reveal: Move the highest-Power card away from here. If you can't, Destroy it with a Rock.

Still dunno if he's good enough, but that's a major upgrade that could turn him into a legit tech card since a 5/8 stat line with a relevant ability is not at all bad.

they also call out him being able to destroy the blob which feels a little late

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

flatluigi posted:

they also call out him being able to destroy the blob which feels a little late
That was also my thought. They nerfed him like over a month ago

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Man Infinite Conquest is stressful. I don't even care about the portrait. I just need enough medals to finish my shop for the month, but I still get anxiety on rounds four and five for no drat reason. Oh well, at least I can go back to dicking around Proving Grounds and Silver now.

By the by, Loki is pretty good again. Enough other stuff has gotten nerfed that the loss of Collector doesn't hurt so bad.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Well Thanos Lockjaw/Hela Lockjaw both getting nerfed helps Loki a lot, yeah. Destroy also received a few nerfs to Forge and Hulk Buster

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Yeah, I went to 2/2 against a Hela deck after being up 8/2. Still hate that we're just flipping coins to determine the winner but it does feel a lot less consistent without Lockjaw to cheat out even more bullshit.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Confirmation that War Machine will remove all restrictions on playing cards. Probably makes him the strongest new card in a while, with a chance to spawn an archetype all on his own.

Edit: oh, and he's another high-quality 4-drop. Where is da Zabu nerf!

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Mar 3, 2024

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Upcoming season pass doesn’t look strong unless I’m missing something incredibly obvious

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Upcoming season pass doesn’t look strong unless I’m missing something incredibly obvious

Well, she's ramp which always has a chance to be good. The big thing that makes her unique is that you can ramp multiple energy in one turn. So, a Jeff, Nightcrawler, Wasp into on T4 would give you 8 energy on T5.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I guess something like bounce/elsa/kitty decks? Although those have been quite nerfed

Edit: key 1 proxima yay. Gonna build non-Hela discard decks again

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I guess something like bounce/elsa/kitty decks? Although those have been quite nerfed

Something like that, maybe. Elsa, Hope on a location would give you an interesting Power and Energy engine.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Mar 3, 2024

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

This will up-end the meta for sure.

Easily the best card since blob.

Maybe since original Elsa.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Its a pretty bad design for a card imo. Idk wtf theyre thinking with it.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

No Wave posted:

Its a pretty bad design for a card imo. Idk wtf theyre thinking with it.

"Have a bunch of people grab it because it's such a winner of an effect, then nerf it hard a couple weeks later" is my guess

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
It's really fuckin dumb because neither of those cards should be able to leave your hand without meeting the restrictions.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

When War Machine was first announced I didn't even think about the Infinaut / Maw / etc thing and he was already decently strong. With that effect he should probably be a 5/5 instead of a 4/6. I guess I'm pulling that out of my rear end without actually having played with him though.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Its suspect even before the 3 lane jeff effect and thats completely free. Ignores card design, ignores game state, it belongs in a single player game.

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha
They're going to nerf it down to something like 5/3 for sure. There's no way it stays 4/6 for very long.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

No Wave posted:

Its suspect even before the 3 lane jeff effect and thats completely free. Ignores card design, ignores game state, it belongs in a single player game.

I more or less agree. It’ll be incredibly strong and a must-have until they ultimately nerf it so that Maw and Infinaut aren’t eligible.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The funny part about maw is that even if you run him out turn 1 war machine makes that ok too!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I can't wait to see what War Machine looks like when they redo him 3 weeks later

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

No Wave posted:

The funny part about maw is that even if you run him out turn 1 war machine makes that ok too!

This the correct purpose for war machine tho

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

"i am war machine" - black sabbath

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

doesnt go far enough, should also let you play cards to full locations

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Should let you play cards on your opponent's side of the board.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Hope could make Surfer decks more playable potentially

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Galactus into Sanctum Sanctorum lol

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Anyway, I was thinking about Pixie even though Hope I think is cooler. I think maybe she could go into some sort of High Evo shell? That deck has low cost things you want to play anyway.

Wasp
Misty
Nebula
Sunspot
Pixie
Caiera
Cyclops
Mobius
High Evo
Hulk
She Hulk
+1 other big shitter. Magneto or something.

If the draws work out right, there's lots of leftover energy for Sunspot, Cyke, She Hulk, and Hulk.
I think this could work? Or maybe Pixie is total trash. Time will tell!

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

It's nice of them to give out Pixie's counter card during the same week

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Double edged sword since Mobius is also Pixie's biggest enabler.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Yeah you pretty much have to have him in your deck next week, whether you're playing Pixie or not

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

No Wave posted:

Oh man I didn't even think about that.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I think I figured out how to fix conquest; instead of increasing how many games you play, you increase the rounds. So Proving Grounds is a single, one off match, a Silver match is best 2/3, and so on.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i don't think they're going to remove the snap mechanic from any part of marvel snap

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Honestly they should just remove Silver. Have Proving Grounds give Gold tickets.

That reminds me that I'm sitting on like 4 infinite tickets and I've had basically no desire to play Conquest at all this month.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I support axing Silver, but in the end, it's a bandaid to the underlying problem, which is that Conquest sucks, and everyone only wants to play less of it. If I had to do something to make it suck less I'd probably,

A. Remove Silver Conquest
2. Make Proving Grounds yield ~100 Medals per win.
D. Allow Gold, Infinite, and Proving Grounds games to all run concurrently so you can put down a Gold/Infinite climb and go play PG for a while to chill out between matches. Being locked in once you start is grueling.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Gold tickets are free garbage booby prizes so yeah why not do any of that

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

It's a relatively minor technicality but I found a new pet peeve in discussions of Pixie talking about two cards "swapping" their costs. That's not how a shuffle of costs works - a shuffle would take all the costs, randomly rearrange them, then assign this new list to the original cards. That means that if your Wasp got a Blob's 6 energy it doesn't mean the Blob is 0 - it could've gotten a 3 from some other card in the deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
I've taken to just playing a stupid oops-all-tech deck because I was just stuck or bored with my usual ones.

# (1) Spider-Ham
# (1) Yondu
# (2) Zabu
# (2) Jeff the Baby Land Shark
# (2) Scarlet Witch
# (3) Magik
# (3) Cosmo
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Absorbing Man
# (4) Enchantress
# (5) Leech
# (6) Doctor Doom

Ham/Yondu -> Zabu -> Cosmo if it looks like they're playing an OR deck or Magick -> Enchantress if they've got any Ongoings down or whatever else I can play -> Leech -> T6/7 should be Shang & Absorb and/or Doom