Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

blastron posted:

Interesting, thanks! Do we have anything specific on what counts as “light armor penetrating” on a weapon’s description? Rather, do all weapons with that descriptor have the same value, or is there a range?

Unfortunately it seems to be a range, the dev said "light armor penetrating" was a 2 or less, but they also said they weren't 100% sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
The armor damage in this makes me want a heavy weapon that hits and then blows the armor out on the other side of the bug.

Just "zip" and then pop all the armor blows out the other side.

Aesthetically that would please me.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Tom Tucker posted:

Nope all together. The “breach detected” banner just never left the screen and the music was the intense fight music.

In both cases at difficulty 7 not a single bug appeared after we activated Evac for 4 minutes.
Sometimes the glitches are just in your favor.

I once had a kill mission where bugs stopped spawning the moment the mission was complete, allowing us to leisurely grab every sample on the map before leaving.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

blastron posted:

Interesting, thanks! Do we have anything specific on what counts as “light armor penetrating” on a weapon’s description? Rather, do all weapons with that descriptor have the same value, or is there a range?
A range but also just like, wrong sometimes. The Slugger is "light" penetration but has more pen than the AP Liberator (which is listed as "medium").

Molrok
May 30, 2011

It's unhelpful we cant see the stratagem weapon stats right now, hopefully the QOL stuff will change that.

The starter heavy machine gun punches through "medium" bugs up to Chargers and Bile Titans, thus I've been rocking it for horde clearing while rest of my buddies have the heavy duty single-target hammers. Makes life so much easier when you can just spray at the bigger melee bugs with their medium armor and have them gone instead of fishing for the fleshier bits.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Is there any way to know where Super Samples are going to spawn in a mission? I know they are generally all in one spot but I'm not sure if there I'd a consistant thing to look for to try and find them

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

The Shame Boy posted:

Is there any way to know where Super Samples are going to spawn in a mission? I know they are generally all in one spot but I'm not sure if there I'd a consistant thing to look for to try and find them

that drumstick shaped grey rock with silver lightning patterns on it

Some planets like that rocky bug planet with red scrub brush you can almost see it from across the entire map. It's hard to spot in the forested and foggy maps.

Rectal Death Alert fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Mar 4, 2024

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

From a dev's comment: armor and armor penetration is a number from 0-10, if the bullet's armor penetration # is higher than the armor # of whatever it hits, it deals damage. If the armor # is higher than the armor penetration # the shot ricochets. If the numbers are equal then the shot deals 50% damage

That seems really clear-cut (if obfuscated) but then there's also a loading screen tip that says the angle of impact affects armor penetration. Given the state of the game, it might just be lying, who knows.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Tom Tucker posted:

Nope all together. The “breach detected” banner just never left the screen and the music was the intense fight music.

In both cases at difficulty 7 not a single bug appeared after we activated Evac for 4 minutes.

This has happened to me several times lately specifically on rank 7 bug missions

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Triarii posted:

That seems really clear-cut (if obfuscated) but then there's also a loading screen tip that says the angle of impact affects armor penetration. Given the state of the game, it might just be lying, who knows.

There's a chance it's lying but there's also a chance that there's a modifier so that if the shot is at a certain degree angle it gets -1 to it's armor penetration

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

if its calculating the impact angle of every single bullet in the game maybe thats why this game raises the temperature in my living room +5 degrees

my CPU and GPU are both undervolted too lol

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Nice work, you can use the bile titans to puke on the chargers to save you ammo in a pinch too

Even the guy who was playing stopped to watch it afterwards because :dafuq:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Just started my super sample journey and already had a bug twice where one of the samples couldn't be collected. pressing interact on it just made the prompt disappear but wouldn't work.

how many super samples do you need for everything?

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

Owl Inspector posted:

Just started my super sample journey and already had a bug twice where one of the samples couldn't be collected. pressing interact on it just made the prompt disappear but wouldn't work.

I think the current opinion is that that particular bug is from mashing "E" too fast when you run across them since samples have a short animation play and your character might say something. I saw frozen supers quite a lot until i started picking them up slowly and it never happened to me again.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Owl Inspector posted:

Maybe 100?

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!
I think it's like 60-70? The final upgrades each category require 10 while there's a couple mid-tier upgrades that require 5.

Common samples are the real bottleneck really.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

im a little confused as to how i can get 54 kills on a mission all with the flamethrower, but only get 36 kills towards my 100 needed for this daily quest or w/e

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Worf posted:

im a little confused as to how i can get 54 kills on a mission all with the flamethrower, but only get 36 kills towards my 100 needed for this daily quest or w/e
My guess would be that enemies burning out from the DoT don't count, you need to kill them with the "stream" itself.

Also what the gently caress how come you have a daily and I don't :mad:

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Exodee posted:

My guess would be that enemies burning out from the DoT don't count, you need to kill them with the "stream" itself.

Also what the gently caress how come you have a daily and I don't :mad:

maybe you did it by accident already

i forget the actual name that the game calls it but i have 8hrs remaining to complete it

Worf fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Mar 4, 2024

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I haven't seen a flamethrower daily (or any daily) myself but people have been talking about their flamethrower daily for the past week

I finished my super destroyer recently, my bottleneck was the orange samples, but only by about 70

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

lol ive died twice lighting myself on fire

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

bandaid.friend posted:

I haven't seen a flamethrower daily (or any daily) myself but people have been talking about their flamethrower daily for the past week
there was a patch note that mentioned a bug of being unable to see dailies in unresolved issues

also what's the reward for the daily because dead god gently caress that one lol

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

15 medals

thats the only reason im doing it lol

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Where did the incendiary breaker come from

I want it but I feel like I missed it

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I feel like one stalker nest should not be able to spawn 6 stalkers simultaneously every 30 seconds

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

pubbies are extra stupid today

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
imo every primary should have more ammo, I don't care about balance the game is about dumping maximum ordnance for freedom.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://x.com/mr_rebs_/status/1764398963539542104?s=46

This is hilarious

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Zmej posted:

there was a patch note that mentioned a bug of being unable to see dailies in unresolved issues

also what's the reward for the daily because dead god gently caress that one lol

Wait there are dailies??! And I can’t see them???

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Oh hell yeah this is gonna rule

boz
Oct 16, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

Where did the incendiary breaker come from

I want it but I feel like I missed it

It's on the premium warbond track

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Listen I was just thinking that there was a clutch to use and I need to bump-start it down a hill.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
So hear me out, railgun, bile titan cheeks. You're welcome Not the mouth, forehead, throat, none of that. Cheeks.

Welcome to helldive

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is the implication with that APC tweet that these are just randomly appearing in people's strategems now and not due to hacking reasons?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

explosivo posted:

Is the implication with that APC tweet that these are just randomly appearing in people's strategems now and not due to hacking reasons?

Speculation is Joel is beta testing by randomly having them show up in some people’s games

If you pray to Joel enough it might show up

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I prayed to joel and all i got was a lovely, rainy bug planet with zero visibility full of bile spewers

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Insert name here posted:

A range but also just like, wrong sometimes. The Slugger is "light" penetration but has more pen than the AP Liberator (which is listed as "medium").

I thought light and medium in that case refers to the grade of armor it can penetrate rather than how much it penetrates. Although without knowing exactly which enemies have which armor that is also quite useless without testing. Am I wrong on that?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

DEMOCRACY!!!

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Darth Walrus posted:

Tip for new divers - try to grab an autocannon as soon as you can. The handling sucks, so you'll want to crouch down for decent accuracy, and the blast radius is large enough that using it against enemies in melee range is suicide, but everything else is fantastic. It'll contribute solidly against every enemy type in the game, can destroy both bot and bug spawning buildings, the ammo per magazine is generous, the reload isn't even that slow when you're self-loading, and the backpack contains an obscene amount of extra ammo. It's just a really nice all-rounder support weapon to deal with anything your primary won't mow down.

Auto cannon is love, autocannon is life. Also reload after you've shot five times but before you're fully out, it skips the cocking animation and is lightning fast.

Rectal Death Alert posted:

that drumstick shaped grey rock with silver lightning patterns on it

Some planets like that rocky bug planet with red scrub brush you can almost see it from across the entire map. It's hard to spot in the forested and foggy maps.

There's also a more gooey version of this, but that's the shape. It appears on lower difficulties too, just without samples, so you can go and gawk at them. I think there's two to a map, on 7/8 only one of them has super samples, on hell dive both do.

e: the auto cannon turret is loving amazing btw.

Eediot Jedi fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Mar 4, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010
Is this a common bug when you find things like super cred or medals like this and you can't pick them up?