Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Man, it took me so long to figure out who Laera is played by. One she took the wig off it finally hit me Jessica Hyde! And man she plays crazy so well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Took a minute, but we finally got a humdinger of an episode with acting and everything.

But…did Riz join a loving cult?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Soren needs to shut the gently caress up. Did they bring in Joss Whedon specifically to write for one character? It doesn't matter what's going on, he is constantly spouting off terrible little one liners.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
I like Soren. Despite his best efforts, he's kinda back where he started and being pretty wry about it. Also, did he kill the two chicks 'cos he seemed pretty final there in that scene.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

counterfeitsaint posted:

Soren needs to shut the gently caress up. Did they bring in Joss Whedon specifically to write for one character? It doesn't matter what's going on, he is constantly spouting off terrible little one liners.

He's out of his depth, out of his domain, his wheelhouse, concerned for his son. I see the quipping like Spider-man's incessant joking when fighting dudes with metal arms, a way to ease stress about the overwhelming circumstances you're in.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Soren is playing multiplayer everyone else is doing campaign

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's weird how they let Reach die for a political struggle, but also Reach is the last bastion between Earth blowing up vs not

The show still can't pick a lane about things, it's weird. Definitely better than S1 about it though

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

RBA Starblade posted:

It's weird how they let Reach die for a political struggle, but also Reach is the last bastion between Earth blowing up vs not

The show still can't pick a lane about things, it's weird. Definitely better than S1 about it though

Very accurate to how people behave, IMO.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Reach is the twin towers and Ackerson is Bush

e: as someone who has only played halos 1, 2, 3, and reach, and not engaged any of the EU, I have no loving clue where this show is going with things and I'm all here for it tbh. What a weird rear end way to adapt a halo

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Mar 1, 2024

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Why does the paramount+ app suck sooooo much.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Halo: is this loss?

or

Halo: I Ii II I_

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Professor Beetus posted:

Not voiced by Keith David? Not the Arbiter.

Hopefully that one will die so we can get the real
Guy.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Thank god that episode wasn't what it looked like it was going to be from the trailer. Very much so looking forward to where they are going in the next couple episodes with what happened to Kessler.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

CelticPredator posted:

Hopefully that one will die so we can get the real
Guy.

That was my thought as well. This Arbiter is killed by Master Chief this season, opening the position for David Keith Arbiter

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Keith David Arbiter shows up but Master Chief spends the whole episode trying to get him to put on the sunglasses

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Boris Galerkin posted:

Why does the paramount+ app suck sooooo much.

The Xbox version doesn't pause most of the time. If you exit a show before the end and try to pick up where you left off it restarts the whole episode so you gotta sit through the ads again. Oftentimes the subtitles are several seconds behind the audio.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I dunno if Halsey reminding the doctors they have to wash their hands before surgery is bad writing or exactly what a character like Halsey would do.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

grittyreboot posted:

I dunno if Halsey reminding the doctors they have to wash their hands before surgery is bad writing or exactly what a character like Halsey would do.

It's just her being a dick.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

grittyreboot posted:

The Xbox version doesn't pause most of the time. If you exit a show before the end and try to pick up where you left off it restarts the whole episode so you gotta sit through the ads again. Oftentimes the subtitles are several seconds behind the audio.

It's just as bad on PC. I have to watch in edge because Firefox can't play the videos for some reason. The pause button will randomly stop working. It will toggle between play and pause, but the video keeps playing. There was one episode where it kept cutting to ads and then going back to the start of the previous segment after the previous set of ads.

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
I had a fun moment where the Arbiter and Makee's subtitles were swapped, and off by about 3 lines.

That was a very confusing conversation.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

grittyreboot posted:

I think the point of that scene was that Halsey was asking the doctor to do grunt work and the doctor was protesting but sir I'm a SURGEON cleaning equipment is beneath me.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

grittyreboot posted:

Like the video stops to loving buffer. BUFFERING. In 2024?

It also resets my closed captions by turning it off. Yes I'm one of those people that can't watch media anymore without subtitles.

And the most annoying thing is that it does that really loving weird thing on every episode where it'll play the first portion of the episode up to the commercial, and then it just restarts from the beginning after the break. In the previous episode you know how it started with John Halo on a gurney and then it switches to that one planet that got space lasered? Yeah after the first commercial the show went back to the part where John Halo was on the gurney and then back to the doomed planet but iirc the tracking bar doesn't reset.

It's a poo poo app.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't want to sound like I'm picking nits but in the last episode how did Kwan and the other person even find them in that tower? That was just too convenient. I binged S1 and am now watching S2. I thought S1 started bad but ended great, and S2 started with a banger and has been good. But the weakest part of the show is still Kwan and Soren. And I hate saying that because they are minority actors/characters but their entire plot and story is just useless.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Kwan gonna be the one to take them to Halo or something.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Kwan is just stuck being set up for seasons we will never get. I like Soren and his neither fish nor fowl place.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Hail Mary shot in the dark, she is a descendent of the line of humans that turn into installation monitors and 343 is going to really like her

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I dunno, I think Kwan showing up and murdering the poo poo out of pirates, blasting covenant with an m60, and yelling at master chief to stop being a dumbass has endeared her to me. The show has really turned her around for me and I am pretty interested to see where they are going with her stuff now.

Also I like Soren a lot but I like him about 300% more that they got him off the stupid expanse ripoff setpiece and hooked him up with the main plot. Bokeem is just killing it with charisma.

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Mar 2, 2024

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well Blessed Ones look like they're replacing the Reclaimers in the show so I wouldn't rule out Spark recognizing Kwan via some weird DNA scan

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Kwan got a better haircut imo

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Yeah, I can't be mad at a show having Bokeem around, the guy's awesome. Just wish we weren't lumbered with this abducted son poo poo but maybe it'd be better to have him go off after that then have him become another meat puppet once they explore the ring. Kwan, I'm more neutral on but sure, let's see where they go with her. Am sad that Riz stayed with these nutters but again, better than just getting unceremoniously merked.

How come the Covenant are already calling Chief 'demon'? He ain't done poo poo yet! And hell, they think he's bad now, they should straight be calling him Satan by the time he's finished on 04.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like Kwan and Soren a lot more this season. I figure a large part of that has to do with them actually being a part of the main storyline, even if they're sort of dipping in and out.

I figure Kwan is where we're going to learn a lot of stuff about the Flood.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Sentinel Red posted:

How come the Covenant are already calling Chief 'demon'? He ain't done poo poo yet! And hell, they think he's bad now, they should straight be calling him Satan by the time he's finished on 04.

"Demon" was Chief's moniker among the Covenant in Halo 2 but later books and 343 titles changed it so Spartans as a whole were considered "Demons" throughout the war.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Monica Bellucci posted:

Also, did he kill the two chicks 'cos he seemed pretty final there in that scene.

He absolutely killed both of them.

And, lol, that kid they took in is in for one hell of a loving shock when he goes home.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Edit: Wrong Halo thread. Unless you want to talk about Marty O'Donnell being a piece of poo poo.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Mar 4, 2024

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I would like to know more tbh, because I never really heard what the deal was and the thread's not moving too fast.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Professor Beetus posted:

I would like to know more tbh, because I never really heard what the deal was and the thread's not moving too fast.

https://venturebeat.com/games/halo-musician-marty-odonnell-is-running-for-congress-in-nevada/

Running for congress as a Republican in Nevada.

quote:

I asked him if he supports Trump. He said yes.

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
Didn't this dude somehow negotiate that they pay him money whether the iconic Halo music plays in any Halo related thing, which is why Halo things never have Halo music anymore?

He also managed to get himself a gig with Paul McCartney and stock options from the bungie sale.

Maybe he was made for politics.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Isometric Bacon posted:

Didn't this dude somehow negotiate that they pay him money whether the iconic Halo music plays in any Halo related thing

I'm not gonna get mad about that, it would be like complaining about John Williams getting a cheque anytime his Star Wars work is used. Sure, I doubt I'd see eye to eye with him on much (if anything) but it doesn't change his substantial contribution to the games, he earned his cut.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

That journalist went soft as gently caress on him. You can still gleam how much of a piece of poo poo he is even though the reporter doesn't push for any kind of details.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

SpartanIvy posted:

That journalist went soft as gently caress on him. You can still gleam how much of a piece of poo poo he is even though the reporter doesn't push for any kind of details.

Yeah, I remember hearing rumblings about what a turd he was during the great Your Favourite Video Game Composers Are Monsters wave of a couple years ago that outed Jeremy Soule and Tommy Tallarico, but it was nothing more than a vague "oh, he's just a loving rear end in a top hat, at least he didn't rape anyone like Soule did"