Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

LordSloth posted:

I’m gonna pull a number out of my rear end and say you’ll miss approximately one-eighth of the experience. Does this feel right? I don’t know.

I have been trying to pay more attention to the presence of repair stations and beating hearts along my route, though they might not affect tires, the free tune up of everything else is certainly worth my time.

Hoarding a little too much, going to try for some deeper runs with a gamepad in hand and (almost) no stops until I hit my destination for some chill driving. I’ve been extremely loathe to trust I’ll have enough LIM energy at my destination, but if I I’m not scavenging I won’t have much to lose if it turns out to be a mistake.

Tires are kind of weird in that they have a lot more health than other parts - I never found it worthwhile to repair them since they eventually go bald and need to be replaced and that tended to happen well before their condition ever became a concern. Puncture proof tires might be a big different here since they can't blowout so you're never forced to replace them. Even then, the super high health means it takes a ton of repair putty/blowtorch to fix them and it's just easier to make a new one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

friendly reminder if you have a dualsense it works with haptics on PC, you just need to plug it in via USB and the haptics totally rule

Eminent DNS
May 28, 2007

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Tires are kind of weird in that they have a lot more health than other parts - I never found it worthwhile to repair them since they eventually go bald and need to be replaced and that tended to happen well before their condition ever became a concern. Puncture proof tires might be a big different here since they can't blowout so you're never forced to replace them. Even then, the super high health means it takes a ton of repair putty/blowtorch to fix them and it's just easier to make a new one.

I haven't run into bald tires yet, but I'd assume that's a different condition than blown out, no?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Eminent DNS posted:

I haven't run into bald tires yet, but I'd assume that's a different condition than blown out, no?

Yeah but going bald very quickly leads to a blowout and can't be repaired on its own so it's a sign that it's time to scrap and replace the tire.

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES
Anyone have more than one pneumatic locker?

Do they share storage? It seems like it's unlimited, so I'm not sure why I'd unlock two of them other than for completion.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

bgreman posted:

Anyone have more than one pneumatic locker?

Do they share storage? It seems like it's unlimited, so I'm not sure why I'd unlock two of them other than for completion.

Yeah there's not really any specific reason to have more than one beyond sorting. Like maybe you want to dump all your raw materials in one, and consumable stuff in another, so you don't have to scroll through the massive list of the former to pull out the latter.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Yeah there's not really any specific reason to have more than one beyond sorting. Like maybe you want to dump all your raw materials in one, and consumable stuff in another, so you don't have to scroll through the massive list of the former to pull out the latter.

The worst part is that Dumpster Pearls count as materials, so if you put all your mats in one and had a pearl in your inventory, you're gonna be scrolling to find the drat thing.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
PSA: if you run out of fuel when gunning for the extraction point you can't just run the rest of the way on foot. I was about 150m shy of the exit so got out and sprinted while pausing to stuff my face with MREs.

The eye of the storm actually doesn't have radiation but after watching the indicator showing that my car was dissolving in the red storm I walked back out into oblivion.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Warmachine posted:

The worst part is that Dumpster Pearls count as materials, so if you put all your mats in one and had a pearl in your inventory, you're gonna be scrolling to find the drat thing.
I can't believe there's a semi hidden sort inventory button, and that it doesn't work on the pneumatic locker.

First of all, that you can (and if you want to fill out the tech tree, must) turn every locker you unlock into a pneumatic one is fairly obnoxious. But second, I'm annoyed that it doesn't just list items in grouped order, or better yet, just have an infinite stack size and only list each general resource once. Why do I need 20 scattered stacks of scrap metal? I know I don't actually need them, I just mean in the UI.

Also, the idea of storing a spare set of parts to repair at the matter regenerator or stock in the parts lockers sounds appealing at first but by the time you even reach the midzone it's pretty obviously not practical, especially with all parts eventually getting end of life statuses. And you can just store parts in a pneumatic locker anyway! The interactions are even worse on parts lockers!

Ne Cede Malis
Aug 30, 2008
Ive had the same quirk show up three times in a row.

When shift to park, front right door opens.

gently caress that.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
limped into the garage only to have my engine explode. i go and scrap every last part that has copper wire in it and build the upgraded engine. realize i have to worry about fuel now but that's ok ive been prepping for this moment

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm always running into fuel trucks and gas stations with working pumps, so I haven't had much fuel problems.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Al! posted:

limped into the garage only to have my engine explode. i go and scrap every last part that has copper wire in it and build the upgraded engine. realize i have to worry about fuel now but that's ok ive been prepping for this moment
enjoy regularly doing 60. i sure did :v:

just rolled credits, in fact. i really enjoyed my time with the game, but by the end every drive felt like 1-3 junctions too long tbh. still looking forward to trying VR again when hmd look is fixed in the car

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Just beat the game. Very fun, very positive, lots to recommend. I do have a number of gripes, but it's mostly about the balance of things, like upgrade cost and the utility of various parts. I never moved past the second engine, never got most Olympium parts, and have plenty of unlocks left to get, even after exploring almost every junction on the map. I think various design elements need another pass, like the pneumatic storage lockers, or the overly-expensive and mostly useless parts lockers. I think there's not quite enough variety in anomalies and most biomes are way too similar to their paired counterpart. Like, the Scorch and the Mires are very different but the smokestacks and red spires are just a palette swap and on most trips the damp forest and blistering woods I can't even really tell apart.

However I think my biggest disappointment is probably something I haven't really seen discussed much, the story.
Just consider this ending spoilers:
The Driver having no real connection to the zone or any of the events in the story was really unsatisfying and left me feeling detached from the events that unfolded and like I wasn't really relevant. Hell, the whole thing feels sort of like I'm just driving around the zone listening to some dramatic pre-recorded radio-play. Just three people having dramatic realizations about mostly opaque science stuff with some brief and self-resolving bickering thrown in. Even the quality of character and writing aside, playing such an external role felt alienating... and then being asked by Oppy at the end to stay in the zone??? What the hell, you don't even know me, why are you talking at me like I love this place or have any connection to anyone or anything here? We've never even spoken!
And speaking of, the completely one-way communication is a conceit of the game, I know, but there would have been so many ways around it. You could just have written communication with Oppy, you have a direct connection via her pneumatube, which I really thought would get used more.

The quests don't help that either, nothing I do ever felt particularly relevant to anything they're talking about. The first Sierram mission and the breaches into the later zones were the only ones that stood out, everything else was just to go to a place and wait for the voices to talk over it.
I kept waiting for a twist. The one I anticipated was that the three we were talking to were actually just anomalies themselves, remnant memories or leftover fragments, ghosts of the zone, and the actual people died or left the area years ago. That we were, all this time, actually just talking to the car. Or that somehow we were originally a part of the zone, which I thought they were foreshadowing with the story about the guy who kept winding up back here no matter how many times he escaped. Or that Alan became a part of the car somehow when he died, or I don't know, something, anything. Something to make our connection more interesting and meaningful. But no, you're just some random person. Which can be compelling too, except you never really become anything more than that, either. You don't make a connection with the zone or with the three survivors, who generally just talk at each other and address you when they need something. A lot of games do twists badly or for their own sake but I really felt this story needed something extra, especially with you being so disconnected, and even the eerie nature of the zone not being much more integral to the central storyline than if it was three survivors in an area plagued by mundane disasters.

A friend and I were discussing it and he posited the idea that the game would've been infinitely more compelling if you played as Francis. That after years of stagnated research and subsistence in the zone, Tobias finds the remnant car on an outing and brings it home and you fix it up together, with you as the driver, coming home to him at your shared garage after every run (and making his eventual absence all the more painfully pronounced). That it's your own curiosity pushing you to run these dangerous experiments, as opposed to some random civilian being told "leap your car, which we already told you was a remnant within the first 5 seconds, into that giant anomaly, just so we're 100% sure it's a remnant" and then doing it without hesitation. That your rivalry with Oppy makes you reluctant to work together instead of just being told that Voice A and Voice B don't get along. To be an active player in the story and not just a vessel of action.
I'm not a writer but I just felt the story wasn't very compelling and its distance made it much worse. I'm kind of surprised the game leaned so heavily into its story, too, instead of going a more Subnautica route where you're the only one around in the zone just picking up fragments and research, letting the setting speak for itself. The game has great atmosphere and a sense of natural, even peaceful desolation, and I just find it strange they instead chose to go with the radio story.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
The turbolight engine may need more fuel but god the extra horsepower feels so good especially when I need to climb a hill. The extra acceleration is quite nice too.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Do most people get the Great Scott achievement by accident? I certainly did not want it to be happening when I got it.

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES

Cojawfee posted:

Do most people get the Great Scott achievement by accident? I certainly did not want it to be happening when I got it.

I got it when the small geyser anomalies spawned after picking up a stable anchor, knocking the Car into a group of shocked tourists on a map with Shocking Speed active. 88 mph directly into a bridge abutment. RIP bumper and headlights.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

also got great scott with Shocking Speed. think I got zapped and immediately crashed.
did find out it also works on you, not just the car.

and, ah. weird times in tourist town: Actually spotted the things move. or teleport, i guess. no animation, just *poof*.
also had an unstable anchor, station and all, just get zapped into existence. which, i dunno but free orbs are nice.
e: and a big ol tree spawned directly over some stairs. wanted in that hut smh

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

One of those lifter robots dragged me over one of those white misty ribbons that shoot you into the air and I just went sailing over the treetops.

This happened as the zone was collapsing, and it wasn't the last time my car ended up unexpectedly airborne. I ended up getting two achievements in quick succession as there's one for getting into the exit light without having any wheels on the ground.

That was a chaotic run. It was after that one that I realized how much cheaper it would be to just scrap everything attached to my car and rebuild it rather than repairing everything.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Vib Rib posted:

*Story talk*

Story/ending spoilers:
I also thought that there might end up being something weird going on with the characters and was a little disappointed when there wasn't. Especially when some of the reveals started coming in about how "the remnants make people become obsessed with them and lure them towards the well. Anyway you should take the car to the well, that should solve your problem". I mean if that did end up being the twist it wouldn't have been very surprising but it at least would have been something. Even just playing things straight where the three characters are really other normal people in the zone, I think an issue the story has in general is that the nature of the zone is that nothing has really been happening there for decades; the government sealed it off and the people stuck inside have just kind of been spinning their wheels on their own personal projects the whole time, and it's hard to fit a story in that framing. For the sake of allowing the player to explore freely they probably didn't want to write a story with too much urgency to it, but as you say it's hard to really get invested with what's going on when none of the characters feel very concerned about it either.

I kind of feel like they wanted to tell a story about people coping with loss and failure but it does seem kind of weird that this random stranger whose name none of them ever even learn is that catalyst for them to address their old wounds. The player themselves also never really experiences anything themselves, the only personal attachment you have is the car itself and even after throwing it into the big gamma ray well that's supposed to destroy it, it turns out it's fine and you can just keep driving around in the postgame. I mean obviously the alternative here is "there is no postgame because the car is integral to the gameplay", but it probably would have fit the themes better if you did have to lose the car at the end.

Arcanuse posted:

also got great scott with Shocking Speed. think I got zapped and immediately crashed.
did find out it also works on you, not just the car.

and, ah. weird times in tourist town: Actually spotted the things move. or teleport, i guess. no animation, just *poof*.
also had an unstable anchor, station and all, just get zapped into existence. which, i dunno but free orbs are nice.
e: and a big ol tree spawned directly over some stairs. wanted in that hut smh

I've seen it a couple of times too - I think they're not supposed to move within your line of sight but if you whip the camera around quickly enough it may cause it to glitch out. It's also possible that it doesn't take into account the camera's FOV and if you widen it, it thinks you can't see them when you actually can.

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Mar 3, 2024

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Vib Rib posted:

Just beat the game. Very fun, very positive, lots to recommend. I do have a number of gripes, but it's mostly about the balance of things, like upgrade cost and the utility of various parts. I never moved past the second engine, never got most Olympium parts, and have plenty of unlocks left to get, even after exploring almost every junction on the map. I think various design elements need another pass, like the pneumatic storage lockers, or the overly-expensive and mostly useless parts lockers. I think there's not quite enough variety in anomalies and most biomes are way too similar to their paired counterpart. Like, the Scorch and the Mires are very different but the smokestacks and red spires are just a palette swap and on most trips the damp forest and blistering woods I can't even really tell apart.

However I think my biggest disappointment is probably something I haven't really seen discussed much, the story.
Just consider this ending spoilers:
The Driver having no real connection to the zone or any of the events in the story was really unsatisfying and left me feeling detached from the events that unfolded and like I wasn't really relevant. Hell, the whole thing feels sort of like I'm just driving around the zone listening to some dramatic pre-recorded radio-play. Just three people having dramatic realizations about mostly opaque science stuff with some brief and self-resolving bickering thrown in. Even the quality of character and writing aside, playing such an external role felt alienating... and then being asked by Oppy at the end to stay in the zone??? What the hell, you don't even know me, why are you talking at me like I love this place or have any connection to anyone or anything here? We've never even spoken!
And speaking of, the completely one-way communication is a conceit of the game, I know, but there would have been so many ways around it. You could just have written communication with Oppy, you have a direct connection via her pneumatube, which I really thought would get used more.

The quests don't help that either, nothing I do ever felt particularly relevant to anything they're talking about. The first Sierram mission and the breaches into the later zones were the only ones that stood out, everything else was just to go to a place and wait for the voices to talk over it.
I kept waiting for a twist. The one I anticipated was that the three we were talking to were actually just anomalies themselves, remnant memories or leftover fragments, ghosts of the zone, and the actual people died or left the area years ago. That we were, all this time, actually just talking to the car. Or that somehow we were originally a part of the zone, which I thought they were foreshadowing with the story about the guy who kept winding up back here no matter how many times he escaped. Or that Alan became a part of the car somehow when he died, or I don't know, something, anything. Something to make our connection more interesting and meaningful. But no, you're just some random person. Which can be compelling too, except you never really become anything more than that, either. You don't make a connection with the zone or with the three survivors, who generally just talk at each other and address you when they need something. A lot of games do twists badly or for their own sake but I really felt this story needed something extra, especially with you being so disconnected, and even the eerie nature of the zone not being much more integral to the central storyline than if it was three survivors in an area plagued by mundane disasters.

A friend and I were discussing it and he posited the idea that the game would've been infinitely more compelling if you played as Francis. That after years of stagnated research and subsistence in the zone, Tobias finds the remnant car on an outing and brings it home and you fix it up together, with you as the driver, coming home to him at your shared garage after every run (and making his eventual absence all the more painfully pronounced). That it's your own curiosity pushing you to run these dangerous experiments, as opposed to some random civilian being told "leap your car, which we already told you was a remnant within the first 5 seconds, into that giant anomaly, just so we're 100% sure it's a remnant" and then doing it without hesitation. That your rivalry with Oppy makes you reluctant to work together instead of just being told that Voice A and Voice B don't get along. To be an active player in the story and not just a vessel of action.
I'm not a writer but I just felt the story wasn't very compelling and its distance made it much worse. I'm kind of surprised the game leaned so heavily into its story, too, instead of going a more Subnautica route where you're the only one around in the zone just picking up fragments and research, letting the setting speak for itself. The game has great atmosphere and a sense of natural, even peaceful desolation, and I just find it strange they instead chose to go with the radio story.

Yeah, this was pretty much the same criticism I had on the first page of the thread. The Driver doesn't really have personal stakes beyond getting separated from the Remnant. The personal drama of the scientists doesn't really affect the player, and all of the revelations in The Well are regarding them. All the Driver is really concerned with is getting back out again from the liminal space. It's neat, but trying for a Firewatch ending with a silent, blank-slate protagonist doesn't work. It barely works in Firewatch, and that's because the story is about Henry and Delilah's growth. There's no Henry in Pacific Drive.

It's the weakest part of the game in my opinion. Still an amazing game, but I'm definitely not tripping over myself to play the story again.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

another fun one from the road: think those buzzsaws about the place might be destructible
was minding my own business, and saw/heard an explosion in the distance. high wind, bubblegum buddies, plenty of things to make tourists go boom.
bit later, go check out the spot, and there's a red line/crack where a saw should have been, but no saw.

so my guess is saw ran into some tourists, tourists went boom, blew up the saw
neat interaction, or bug thats plausibly a feature.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Warmachine posted:

Yeah, this was pretty much the same criticism I had on the first page of the thread. The Driver doesn't really have personal stakes beyond getting separated from the Remnant. The personal drama of the scientists doesn't really affect the player, and all of the revelations in The Well are regarding them. All the Driver is really concerned with is getting back out again from the liminal space. It's neat, but trying for a Firewatch ending with a silent, blank-slate protagonist doesn't work. It barely works in Firewatch, and that's because the story is about Henry and Delilah's growth. There's no Henry in Pacific Drive.
I found the ending very unintentionally funny, walking around in memories of other people, and none of your own. Like I'm walking through these emotional moments and hearing the connections and it's entirely for the people on the radio, meanwhile I'm just sort of standing there awkwardly, totally third-wheelin' it. I'm sure it was very touching for them but I wasn't even involved!

Molrok
May 30, 2011

The game opens with establishing you as a professional courier, the plot disregarding you as a nobody is a deconstruction of modern gig economics. In this essay I will

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Molrok posted:

The game opens with establishing you as a professional courier, the plot disregarding you as a nobody is a deconstruction of modern gig economics. In this essay I will
but what does the bird mean?!?

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Warmachine posted:

It's the weakest part of the game in my opinion. Still an amazing game, but I'm definitely not tripping over myself to play the story again.

The major thing I disliked about the ending was doing a Gordon Freeman and having the Driver be a completely voiceless cipher to project your own personality on for the whole game only to mandate a directive to keep exploring the Zone after the credits was something I found offputting. In my head, the personal story of the Driver was a person who was capable but just got sucked into Magic Science Stalker Land and asides from dealing with the magic car that will eventually drive them crazy, the goal was to GTFO. My Driver would have gone "thanks for the offer but I'm fuckin out" after finishing the Well, especially considering Oppy seems to imply that leaving the Zone isn't actually that hard after all. Take my cool, de-remnanted car and get back to deliveries. The fact that they didn't even have that as an option took me out of the game a bit. Like, just let you drive north instead of south out of the garage whenever and run the credits then or something.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

yeah that was a weird disconnect considering Oppy is all gung-ho about helping you get out at the start - you'd think out of gratitude she'd help you get out as a favor for everything you ended up accomplishing for her, or something, but nope

at least the voice acting and pre-ending writing was good all-around; i usually don't tolerate the kind of storytelling PD uses but even if i ultimately felt little connection to the characters I still liked hearing the banter

Bann
Jan 14, 2019

Minor gripe: I wish there was an "exit to desktop" option. I've never once quit to the menu and then done anything besides quit all the way out. I gotta imagine that in 99%+ of cases, that is true for all players.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Ya'll had a different interpretation of the ending than I did

You get pulled into the zone, voices in your head direct you to remove reality anchors and stuff them into your reality anchor powered bonded remnant and deliver them to the gaping maw of unreality at the center of the zone. After accomplishing this task given by the voices in your head you're still trapped in the zone.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

victrix posted:

Ya'll had a different interpretation of the ending than I did

You get pulled into the zone, voices in your head direct you to remove reality anchors and stuff them into your reality anchor powered bonded remnant and deliver them to the gaping maw of unreality at the center of the zone. After accomplishing this task given by the voices in your head you're still trapped in the zone.
Fun interpretation of ludonarrative but not really backed up by any of the actual story or tone imo

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Vib Rib posted:

Fun interpretation of ludonarrative but not really backed up by any of the actual story or tone imo

Yeah I'm gonna join Vib Rib on this comment. That said, I highly encourage expanding on this crack-interpretation.

Also, if you didn't put Tobias' favorite cryptid on your dashboard for the final run, even if you didn't care for the scientists all that much, you're a monster.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
this game was super cool. i mainly wish that a) more anomalies were neat like the tourists instead of being like 90% "don't drive in this patch" aoe's and b) the progression/upgrades was more...better. lotta the late game upgrades are pretty bland and also once you hit like, the mid-zone its pretty easy to just drive (!) through towards the endgame. I think i did like 3 expeditions into the deep zone total. just no real reason to hang out there and grind out resources when what I had was plenty good and there was no issue beating missions

Ne Cede Malis
Aug 30, 2008
About to abandon this game since my save is broken ~20 hours in. I can't get through the Deep Zone Crossing. I went through all the checkpoints and made it to the stable gateway and back to the shop, but the game reverted back to before that run. Tried it again and the same thing happened, none of the checkpoints triggered. gently caress? Really sucks.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Someone posted earlier that this is a known bug and a fix will be in the next patch. No idea what triggers it, I got through just fine.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
I've been having random crashes recently. One during a run and one in the garage.

Screen goes to black and all fans turn up to max then PC reboots. Any idea what could be the cause?

Eminent DNS
May 28, 2007

Hmm haven't heard of that quirk before

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Finished the game. Complaints about the tech tree pacing are spot on, still a drat fun game.

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
honestly it's sort of refreshing to play something with underdeveloped base game systems from focusing on creating immaculate vibes instead of the usual opposite.

E: "queer-coded" if you will

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Am I crazy or is there no flashlight in the tech tree?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

FlamingLiberal posted:

Am I crazy or is there no flashlight in the tech tree?

It's with the headlights