Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Flint_Paper posted:

Is there a trick/gimmick with the points of interest where it's just a note that says "sorry, I took the supplies"? Even when I've read the note the POI marker stays on the map, and it makes me wonder if there's something I'm missing in the area/just not shooting enough.

Bumping this in case I've missed anything key since I asked.

Is there a trick to it? Is it just flavour? Dammit I want my democracy trinkets!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

FunkyFjord posted:

I had the exact opposite happen to me earlier.

Was running around with another two pubs who we like level 28 doing helldives and they couldn't stop dying to every bug breach, barely making it out of every mission always with 0 reinforcements. At one point I had a batch of hunters, some warriors, and a brood mother who were chasing after me after I ran in to grab some ammo and grenades at a PoI and then they just blinked out of existence. Only thing I can think of is the pubs set off another bug breach and the game only wanted to have so many enemy ai active at one time so the ones chasing me just get teleported to the breach in a single frame, or simply deleted.

I've had a few glitches where enemies stopped spawning for a bit, including one level 7 where I triggered extraction and the enemies just never including while we sat around for 2 minutes as heroic music blared

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Flint_Paper posted:

Bumping this in case I've missed anything key since I asked.

Is there a trick to it? Is it just flavour? Dammit I want my democracy trinkets!

I think it's just a random chance for the PoI to be one with trinkets vs one without trinkets and just a note, so you never know which is which until you visit them all.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
Also I hope Arrowhead never fixes the Bile Titan glitch where they just slowly sink into the ground Poochie style

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
the main difference between a bile titan and poochie is that if you can't see a bile titan you really should be asking "where's the bile titan?"

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

JBP posted:

Recoilless does a load of damage against everything, but unlike the god tier AC it takes a long time to reload. If you can get a loader it fires extremely quickly and will annihilate anything you look at, but as a gun and backpack man prepare for thrilling reload moments as a charger bears down on you.

Me and a buddy started doing this and it's soooooo fun. 3rd teammate will bait the bugs while we post up and just unload a salvo of high explosives at every large target we see.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
It may not be the most efficient way to kill them, but watching a scout strider's cockpit armour plate crumple under sustained AMR/HMG fire is very satisfying.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
So, on the controller, I can move while calling strategems... in every direction except forward.

Is that normal behaviour for everyone? Or is it weird? Is there any way to... have it not do that?

I've been coping by looking at what I'm running away from while calling the strategems, for now, but it would be really nice to know if I'm about to run into a lake while typing things in.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Joined a game last night where two of the people kept shooting each other. Then one of them stole my shield pack right in front of me and kept spamming “sorry! I’m sorry!”

They followed me and I almost ran into the deep water, but jumped out.

They didn’t.

Anyway the extract was crazy, and the ship landed and I was being swarmed and I jumped in, but they were actually not near the zone so whoops. I took off without them and they kicked me lol.

My b but also gently caress you for kicking.

I had a good game after that joining in during chaos with one reinforcement left lol.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

tried again to play this morning, on difficulty 3, and got kicked again after 5 minutes and one accidental tk

i can't believe the community's gotten like this so fast. i regret spending money on this

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

it’s just hellbitches the game is still good.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

CelticPredator posted:

it’s just hellbitches the game is still good.

this. just play with goons!

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

tried again to play this morning, on difficulty 3, and got kicked again after 5 minutes and one accidental tk

i can't believe the community's gotten like this so fast. i regret spending money on this

It's not that bad, or at least I haven't had more than 1 dumb experience out of 10. The other night a pubbie kicked me from the game the second I got on the evac shuttle. Some people are just pricks and rolling with known quantities just removes the odds of that. But for the most part, I've found silly weirdos who salute the ICBM as it launches and such.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Dandywalken posted:

this. just play with goons!
can't. brainworms

(e) getting kicked for poor play by a total stranger is bad enough for me, playing with and disappointing someone in the same community is 10x worse

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Mar 4, 2024

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

You kill the brainworms for freedom

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Just host your own game and keep matchmaking on, send an SOS when you get in game to prioritize you with randoms. If you get a shithead who is tk'ing or being a dick then kick em. :shrug:

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I've got like 18 hours logged since release, mostly playing with pubs and honestly haven't had a single bad experience. Did play with a few people who didn't know what they were doing, but that isn't really bad in a coop game.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

can't. brainworms

(e) getting kicked for poor play by a total stranger is bad enough for me, playing with and disappointing someone in the same community is 10x worse

I feel this a lot, and yet, I have been forcing myself to endure it because the pubbies somehow find ways to be even worse. Between the ones who kick you for no clear reason (or for obvious bad ones) and the pubbies who simply cannot figure the game out, I have found that I can play for hours with friends, but can rarely get more than an hour of rando quick play in without reaching my absolute limit of BS.

I say give people a limited number of kicks per 24 hours and then telling them to either stop setting their games to public, or live with it.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The worst I've seen recently in several people in different matches TKing explicitly to steal my backpack

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

can't. brainworms

You can't disappoint a true Helldiver, you can only be a surprise difficulty modifier.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’d only kick someone if they are shooting me or being awful. But idgaf if you suck rear end and keep loving up throwing stratagems and killing us bc you’re new to the game who cares

It’s a game lol.

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

Eediot Jedi posted:

I hated the rail gun right up until I realized I can treat it like a hip-fire snipers of old. Can't bring myself to use a shield with it though.

Is it set as default communication device?

In windows 11, System -> Sound -> Input -> (your device) -> set as default device -> also for communication

it is, yes. The odd thing that I don't understand is that I get that little icon flashing when I push to talk, which shows me the game is in fact recognizing my mic, but no one seems able to hear me.

ErKeL posted:

Also try disabling other mic inputs. My amp technically as an input as well that I haven't got anything plugged into and disabling that + setting my mic as default input seemed to fix it.

This game acts real strange with microphones.

EDIT: I'm on Steam at https://steamcommunity.com/id/OnionBro/, if anyone wants to shoot me a friend invite I'd love to play with some goons. Discord link in the OP is dead

DOUBLE EDIT: there's actually a physical mic mute button on my headset that I had activated :dumb:

Q-sixtysix fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Mar 4, 2024

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Ciaphas posted:

can't. brainworms

I totally get this!

What I've found, though, is that every goon I have played with has been great, even when I've been repeatedly dying like an absolute tool.

Add Gisbon on PSN and we can silently disappoint each other :glomp:

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Darox posted:

I had a network issue that dropped the pubbie game I started, so I joined quickplay and ended up with a bunch of underleveled people doing a bot blitz mission. No problems there, but at the end screen I get this.

Thanks quickplay.

I already had all the supers and rare samples I needed to max everything out but that's still ~200 common samples, as well as maxing out all the limits for any future upgrades that might be added.

Good thing they added that garbage rear end anti-cheat that adds 5+ seconds to launch time.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

All I want is enough super samples to get my extra 500kg bomb

please, hackers, please

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Holy the hell the scorcher is complete trash. The damage is middling, and the splash damage is a non factor on enemies. However if a hunter leaps in your face the splash will absolutely kill you.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Flint_Paper posted:

I totally get this!

What I've found, though, is that every goon I have played with has been great, even when I've been repeatedly dying like an absolute tool.

Add Gisbon on PSN and we can silently disappoint each other :glomp:

gonna latch on to this and say I'm on PSN as: taco_goblin_

I would love some more friends on PS5 so anyone out there please send me a request if you trying to get that democracy spread.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Most of the fun of the game is working to overcome impossible odds, whether that's from the game or your teammates.

No excuses for straight-up assholes though.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Floppychop posted:

Holy the hell the scorcher is complete trash. The damage is middling, and the splash damage is a non factor on enemies. However if a hunter leaps in your face the splash will absolutely kill you.

Yeah, very unimpressed with it for the time required

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Floppychop posted:

It's not great but it's not horrible either. The fact that it's explosive damage means it does full damage to charger and spewer asses and you can actually just gun them down relatively easily. Also, it's the only primary that can shoot bot walkers in the face because the small explosion kills the pilot. I would still usually rather have the DMR for a similar role but the scorcher isn't totally unusuable

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

the openly time i get frustrated is when its repeated instances of someone dropping 380mm or whatever danger close. like a fuckup is fine, its part of the fun of the game, but when its like 4 times over and over i'll eventually say something

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I don't know why but this game is really good looking and I don't know what the gently caress other games are doing. the fog effects, the planets, the way these stupid aliens/robots move look amazing

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

jokes posted:

I don't know why but this game is really good looking and I don't know what the gently caress other games are doing. the fog effects, the planets, the way these stupid aliens/robots move look amazing

Yeah, the game could use DLSS or something other than the standard downscaling because it can look real crunchy at times, but it's really one of those games that when you take in the whole thing it really is gorgeous. The planet design is fantastic and feels like alien planets, skyboxes are awesome to look at while walking around with the ships in the distance shooting orbital lasers and whatnot. Add in the random weather effects like storms or fog rolling in at just the right time and it's a real looker.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

I'm level 11 and haven't gotten a good AT support weapon yet. Should I get an autocannon or recoilless rifle first?

Also, how do you feed yourself ammo from your supply backpack? My teammates think I'm very altruistic handing it all to them but I'm really just trying to use the GL as a primary.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Even on low settings its super good looking.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

is there analysis on at which difficulty levels which POIs spawn?

anecdotally I dropped into a level 1 mission last night to wrap up 100 flamethrower kills and it was non-stop beacons/bunkers with medals/super credits/req points.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Riatsala posted:

I'm level 11 and haven't gotten a good AT support weapon yet. Should I get an autocannon or recoilless rifle first?

Also, how do you feed yourself ammo from your supply backpack? My teammates think I'm very altruistic handing it all to them but I'm really just trying to use the GL as a primary.

Press 5 on the keyboard or down on the Dpad if using a controller

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Riatsala posted:

AC works better as an all-rounder. RR is great but with the slow reload its tough to use in a protracted fight unless you have a dedicated reloader. AC can be used drat near as a primary weapon.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Vanilla Bison posted:

You can't disappoint a true Helldiver, you can only be a surprise difficulty modifier.
this isn't exactly a heartening statement

explosivo posted:

Just host your own game and keep matchmaking on, send an SOS when you get in game to prioritize you with randoms. If you get a shithead who is tk'ing or being a dick then kick em. :shrug:
last time i tried this i was left solo until extract, and the person who dropped killed me as they boarded

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Mar 4, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

johnny park posted:

It's not great but it's not horrible either. The fact that it's explosive damage means it does full damage to charger and spewer asses and you can actually just gun them down relatively easily. Also, it's the only primary that can shoot bot walkers in the face because the small explosion kills the pilot. I would still usually rather have the DMR for a similar role but the scorcher isn't totally unusuable

Does the explosive liberator become useful at higher difficulties? I have enough credits for the premium warbond but nothing in it has really tipped me over the edge from "wait to see what the next one is." The gun looks great and it'd be cool if doing full damage to chargers and spewers made it a good choice, but I feel like you have much better support weapon options by the time you're dealing with heavies in quantities that outpace strategem cooldowns.