Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
JJ is gonna get 30 a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

FizFashizzle posted:

love to leak friday afternoon news well into the offseason right before the combine to deflect blame from my wife.

https://x.com/avl_mike/status/1763653177642037666?s=20

Lots of rumors during the season and last offseason that Nicole had influence in the Panthers drafting Bryce.

Why is Tepper's wife so involved with football affairs that he feels the need to deflect blame from her in the first place?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Was the most obvious thing possible, even after it came out he was "exploring" free agency. His agent probably just surveyed teams' offers at the combine and went back to the Bucs and said "give us $2 million more" and that was that.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

love to leak friday afternoon news well into the offseason right before the combine to deflect blame from my wife.

https://x.com/avl_mike/status/1763653177642037666?s=20

Lots of rumors during the season and last offseason that Nicole had influence in the Panthers drafting Bryce.

Adam Schefter loves to tease the notoriously thin-skinned owner. Just Scheft hanging with Tepper, busting balls.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Oh hell yeah. That might be a good indicator Baker is staying because Evans recently said he didn't want to play with a rookie QB.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Grozz Nuy posted:

Why is Tepper's wife so involved with football affairs that he feels the need to deflect blame from her in the first place?

i mean, she has about as much right or reason as tepper himself

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

mcmagic posted:

Tyreek is already at 30, JJ going straight to 35.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Grozz Nuy posted:

Because we’re a well run, functional organization.

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

mcmagic posted:

I think you're over valuing the market for Jerry Jeudy.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I think Tyreek struck while the market was insane for WRs. JJ is certainly worth top of the market pay, but I'm not sure it will be much above what Tyreek already has, even with the cap explosion this year.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

lol at JJ Watt’s “log cabin” being in the middle of nowhere, it’s like 40 minutes west of Milwaukee.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

my log cabin in the remote wilderness of waukesha

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Jason Kelce has a news confererence scheduled for 1pm today. Likely retiring.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I heard that him and his wife are announcing the formation of a double trouble with Travis and Taylor

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

shyduck posted:

He's just gonna "WOOOOO" into the mike while shotgunning beers for two hours.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I hope he still has the luchador mask

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

shyduck posted:

the only way to top this season for him would be an engagement to Taylor

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

pmchem posted:

the only way to top this season for him would be an engagement to Taylor

I think this would be hilarious but I don't think his wife or brother would be down with it.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Forrest on Fire posted:

I think this would be hilarious but I don't think his wife or brother would be down with it.

lol my bad phone posting thought it was a travis thing

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Lol

https://twitter.com/MikeEvans13_/status/1764666026443112652?t=IGS_ZEbU0T0EIesrSrmmSg&s=19

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/1764712986319425658?s=20

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

In my fantasy, Evans went to the Browns, who couldn't afford him anyway, but glad to see Baker keeping weapons.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I thought he had already announced that a couple months ago?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

He never formally did, it was just speculation

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Professor Funk posted:

Was the most obvious thing possible, even after it came out he was "exploring" free agency. His agent probably just surveyed teams' offers at the combine and went back to the Bucs and said "give us $2 million more" and that was that.

It was obvious but as the big free agents fall off the board I become increasingly nervous that we are looking at Patriots WR1, Demario Douglas :shepface: I'm sure they'll sign someone but they're headed toward overpaying for Calvin Ridley or Hollywood Brown or something. Which would still be a big upgrade but that's got a lot more to do with the current barren roster than the merits of whoever they sign.

I'm a little surprised to look at the free agent list and see Curtis Samuel is only 27. Feels like he has been in the league forever

wandler20 posted:

Oh hell yeah. That might be a good indicator Baker is staying because Evans recently said he didn't want to play with a rookie QB.

Everything I've heard is Baker and Tampa both want to do a long term deal so I'd be surprised if it doesn't happen. Maybe if some team blows their offer out of the water which would, uh, be a choice.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Docjowles posted:

It was obvious but as the big free agents fall off the board I become increasingly nervous that we are looking at Patriots WR1, Demario Douglas :shepface: I'm sure they'll sign someone but they're headed toward overpaying for Calvin Ridley or Hollywood Brown or something. Which would still be a big upgrade but that's got a lot more to do with the current barren roster than the merits of whoever they sign.
Pittman and Ridley might not even make it to free agency. Hollywood might be WR1 on the market lol.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

shyduck posted:

He never formally did, it was just speculation

Also weren't people pissed off at Schefter because he wanted to break the news rather than let Kelce do it himself? Or something?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yeah that sounds about right, Schefter would step on his own mother to get something out first

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If you got 8-10 million a year for doing next to nothing.. you’d probably try to do that one thing

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
Do we need a free agency thread?

https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1764748605389210020?s=20

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Do we need a free agency thread?

I was going to work on one today or tomorrow. I think it's time.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

wandler20 posted:

I was going to work on one today or tomorrow. I think it's time.

Let's do it.

https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1764762591769883003?s=20

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Atlanta falcons come on down

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

BlindSite posted:

Atlanta falcons come on down

Buckle up. This is gonna be a chaotic offseason.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
And so the page turns on the latest bland chapter in the Broncos' unending march of mediocrity

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I… thought that contract was prohibitive. Over the cap says the Broncos should have an $85 million hit for cutting him? With $49.6 million in dead money? Versus paying "just" $35 million to keep him on the roster.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Broncos owe him $39 loving million guaranteed lmao

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fsif posted:

I… thought that contract was prohibitive. Over the cap says the Broncos should have an $85 million hit for cutting him? With $49.6 million in dead money? Versus paying "just" $35 million to keep him on the roster.

It is but it gets way worse if they keep him another day

His $37m base salary in 2025 becomes guaranteed if he's on the roster tomorrow, and he has a bunch of $8m option bonuses that become really hard to get out of the next few years due to that.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

fsif posted:

Cutting him not avoids 37m or additional guarantees for his 2025 salary and they can still designate it post June 1 to split the cap hit over two years. It a cap neutral move this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

fsif posted:

Are they able to designate him as a post-June 1 cut and at least spread the cap hit over a couple years? I never understand how that "we are cutting this dude on March 4 but it's post June-1 somehow" handwavy poo poo works