Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The immigrants coming to America are speaking a language we've never even heard. It's called SPANISH folks. They're using It as a weapon to coax our women into nefarious acts

Apparently the phrase "hola Chica" is the equivalent of the Havannah Ray gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

kazil posted:

Reality television host and pro wrestler was not very common in the 18th century.

Sure, but the few that they did have were very special.

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

BrideOfUglycat posted:

My son voted in the Primary for the first time this year. The night after the election in 2016, I was getting the then-10-year-old into bed, and he looked at me and told me he hoped they didn't take away my right to vote.

I don't have kids but I have an endless coterie of nieces and nephews that are all highschool age and I love the new dynamic of family politics arguments because they're all ginned up about climate change, and they're loving educated about it, and they absolutely batter the crusty patriarchs and matriarchs that've been voting R since Eisenhower. I hate the stakes but I love watching them work.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

VanOwen posted:

If English was good enough for Jesus its good enough for America!

:freep:

Americans will be destroyed for profaning the Holy Tongue. At least the British and Australians twisted their versions of English into a distant and barely intelligible parody so as not to offend the divine.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

This is a bit much,

At least Hitler loved animals.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Scags McDouglas posted:

I'll give you the first two but you can pry my bullshit about the SC from my cold, dead hands
Every single person who posted in this thread over the last weeks and weeks said it would rule 9-0 or 8-1 and now everyone is furious about it

At least you were all prepared for the disappointment I guess

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Scags McDouglas posted:

I don't have kids but I have an endless coterie of nieces and nephews that are all highschool age and I love the new dynamic of family politics arguments because they're all ginned up about climate change, and they're loving educated about it, and they absolutely batter the crusty patriarchs and matriarchs that've been voting R since Eisenhower. I hate the stakes but I love watching them work.

I have similar experiences with people 18-25. They’re loving dumb about things they’re “supposed” to know, but they also really try to learn about poo poo they care about because they know institutions failed them and know how to use the internet. They don’t know how to use computers but they know how to use the internet. So when you see them argue against Trumpers the Trumpers are seriously hosed, especially with things that have huge amounts of research into them like epidemiology and climate change

The dumbest people I know are Ivy leaguers, funnily enough, because they think they learned things AND don’t know how to use computers.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Data Graham posted:

Like, I don't buy that they didn't have shitfuckers like Trump back in the 1700s. They are not a jet age invention

They likely did, but they would likely just get murdered or killed in a duel, or just die at 40 due to disease

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Pissler

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

21 days until Trump's criminal trial starts :lol:

Barcley
Jan 26, 2004

---

Soiled Meat
Trumps going to lose, and he's going to burn a lot of dumbass chuds and waste a ton of ghoul money in the process.

He'll end up broker, madder, more senile while having to spend the rest of his sad existence in court as everything he values is sold off to try to manifest his desire to not be a huge loser into reality.

But he is, he's a giant loser who was born 2 steps from home plate and still managed to gently caress it all up.

We'll still have a lot of the same problems without him, but he's going to fail because it's all he can do.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Trump is Hitler if, on top of all the obvious stuff wrong with his brain, he also lived long enough to get full-on dementia

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Barcley posted:

Trumps going to lose, and he's going to burn a lot of dumbass chuds and waste a ton of ghoul money in the process.

He'll end up broker, madder, more senile while having to spend the rest of his sad existence in court as everything he values is sold off to try to manifest his desire to not be a huge loser into reality.

But he is, he's a giant loser who was born 2 steps from home plate and still managed to gently caress it all up.

We'll still have a lot of the same problems without him, but he's going to fail because it's all he can do.
Inshallah

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Barcley posted:

he's the most republican republican, destroying the institution that he controls is what he does best

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Barrett was the only one willing to put her name on the "congress can unilaterally remove people from ballots" ruling. Roberts is the safe guess on which conservative wasn't willing to go with that.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Jelly posted:

Every single person who posted in this thread over the last weeks and weeks said it would rule 9-0 or 8-1 and now everyone is furious about it

(looks around), those people who expected differently were dumbasses.

The immunity ruling is a bigger deal and if Trump lands that one, we're going to experience a new level of political comedy never seen in the history of the US.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Resting Looked Into the Ark of the Covenant face.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Barcley posted:

Some say the greatest loser!

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Important Monday reminder:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Asterite34 posted:

Trump is Hitler if, on top of all the obvious stuff wrong with his brain, he also lived long enough to get full-on dementia

He was born in 1946… :thunk:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

MechaX posted:

They likely did, but they would likely just get murdered or killed in a duel, or just die at 40 due to disease

Also, men used to keel over dead in their 50s pretty often before the widespread use of statins.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I like how no matter what the Supreme Court ruling is, they as justices still can't win because the public is just going to think their decisions are paid for. The Federal Supreme Court essentially has zero legitimacy at this point.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Scags McDouglas posted:

anyway how's Mike's Johnson after getting cornered by Biden, Schumer and McConnell last week

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Scags McDouglas posted:

The immunity ruling is a bigger deal and if Trump lands that one, we're going to experience a new level of political comedy never seen in the history of the US.

I don't actually see him landing the immunity ruling whatsoever. There's no space for it. Now if only DC were a State so he could drop that down to something beneath "INCITED RIOT AT THE VATICAN," then maybe he'd have another hail mary attempt...

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Also, men used to keel over dead in their 50s pretty often before the widespread use of statins.

white men also used to be gibbering beasts that would literally pop if they ever saw a person of color in their neighborhood. now they take statins and take testosterone shots to keep their sense of outrage going well into their 80s

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Used to?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

jokes posted:

white men also used to be gibbering beasts that would literally pop if they ever saw a person of color in their neighborhood. now they take statins and take testosterone shots to keep their sense of outrage going well into their 80s

White people still do this.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

jokes posted:

Make Pop pop again

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

the chuds on twitter hooting and hollering about a 9-0 WIN. LIB TEARS FLOWING.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Nessus posted:

Make Pop pop again

The fact that you call it that tells me you're not ready.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
FULL
AND
TOTAL
EXONERATION

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Strong Sauce posted:

the chuds on twitter hooting and hollering about a 9-0 WIN. LIB TEARS FLOWING.

Haha yeah, and you just know Dernald will take this as PROOF that they will decide 9-0 in his favor on presidential immunity (they won’t)

TOTAL EXONERATION!!!

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

steinrokkan posted:

FULL
AND
TOTAL
EXONERATION

I hate FATE-based content

Galginaitis
Oct 25, 2006

Diagnosis: Inflammation of the Galgin

Random Stranger posted:

Barrett was the only one willing to put her name on the "congress can unilaterally remove people from ballots" ruling. Roberts is the safe guess on which conservative wasn't willing to go with that.

From her concurrence

quote:

I join Parts I and II–B of the Court’s opinion. I agree that States lack the power to enforce Section 3 against Presidential candidates. That principle is sufficient to resolve this case, and I would decide no more than that.

Part II-A is where the opinion said "Only Congress can remove people"

Galginaitis fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Mar 4, 2024

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Jelly posted:

There's a difference between "9-0 because we set a firm set of standards for a situation that has never come up before under the law" and "9-0 because 5 of us want to run up our fascism assists".

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

No, Barrett wrote a concurring opinion in which she said she would not have decided the question whether federal legislation is the exclusive vehicle through which Section 3 can be enforced. The three liberals also wrote a concurring opinion. The remaining five were the majority.

The opinion is here, if anyone is interested: https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/23pdf/23-719_19m2.pdf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Donald Trump loves AI photos because his hands don't look as small as they do in real life, even if they're missing/adding fingers