Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

What was Cazador planning to do if Astarion didn't show up? He's just chilling down in his massive ceremony room, with everything set up when we arrive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

PriorMarcus posted:

What was Cazador planning to do if Astarion didn't show up? He's just chilling down in his massive ceremony room, with everything set up when we arrive?

dude is an immortal vampire, he has literally all the time in the world

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
He knew Astarion was coming, he just didn't realize vampire lords lose against wandering adventurers 100% of the time

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Gatto Grigio posted:

dude is an immortal vampire, he has literally all the time in the world

One of his books even says that but he’s still lurking in the darkness waiting like he’s trying to catch his kid that snuck out to a party.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I don't know what Cazador was doing but I'd probably be singing, great acoustics in that ancient underground dungeon and you have a literal captive audience.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I'm just saying, if I ever became an immortal vampire I'd probably have a better designed mansion where you can go to the bathroom without finding a hidden button to open a wall.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

PriorMarcus posted:

If astarion is dead/never recruited, apparently Cazador recovers his dead husk to use in the ritual. Guess zombie is as good as spawn for his purposes. And he has time and resources to throw at corpse seeking

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Mr. Lobe posted:

If astarion is dead/never recruited, apparently Cazador recovers his dead husk to use in the ritual. Guess zombie is as good as spawn for his purposes. And he has time and resources to throw at corpse seeking

which btw is bullshit, and if I were Mephistopheles I would demand a redo!!!

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Medullah posted:

I'm just saying, if I ever became an immortal vampire I'd probably have a better designed mansion where you can go to the bathroom without finding a hidden button to open a wall.

i’d absolutely hide the bathroom behind a wall because I don’t need to use it and it’d be fun to watch the desperation of those who do

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Gatto Grigio posted:

i’d absolutely hide the bathroom behind a wall because I don’t need to use it and it’d be fun to watch the desperation of those who do

Valid point.

https://x.com/baldursgate3/status/1764704275953827947?s=20

I don't know what this is but I'm going to just assume it's a gatcha mobile game.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

I didn’t realize leaving the tower would let you long rest, I swapped out laezel for Halsin and won the fight after a couple more attempts. The drider is a real motherfucker! I could see people easily just getting stuck at this fight.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Medullah posted:

Valid point.

https://x.com/baldursgate3/status/1764704275953827947?s=20

I don't know what this is but I'm going to just assume it's a gatcha mobile game.

I tried it when it first came out. You watch your team of Flash animation adventurer dudes walk in a line and wave swords and bows and wizard staves at groups of Iconic Dungeons & Dragons Foes. Not really sure what the point of it is.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

It's for broke brained people who want to see number incrementally increase forever, OP

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Beasteh posted:

It's for broke brained people who want to see number incrementally increase forever, OP

At least it's a better outlet for that behavior than getting into finance?

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Beasteh posted:

it's not even good at that 😔

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Beasteh posted:

:hmmno:
number only has to increase to 12, but you need a lot of EXTREMELY sick loot

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Beasteh posted:

That's why I prefer to see my numbers increase only to a point, then take another 80 hours returning to that same point over and over again.

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010

PriorMarcus posted:

You can also find evidence his butler(?) killed himself because he found out Cazador was planning to use him as a substitute. Since the requirements seem to just be 1) vampire and 2) has spell written on back, he was probably planning on yanking some yokel out of the pens and getting to work.

The player also hasn't really been subtle crashing the mansion so Cazador may have just scraped together the ritual crew five minutes before.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Speaking of numbers going up it turns out you can actually still get the Deva Mace so now I have Karlach duel-wielding them with three levels of Thief Rogue so she effectively has four attacks. I don't think it's broken-broken but it is funny.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Speaking of numbers going up it turns out you can actually still get the Deva Mace so now I have Karlach duel-wielding them with three levels of Thief Rogue so she effectively has four attacks. I don't think it's broken-broken but it is funny.

Get the Savage Attacker feat

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Helmet of Grit for more attacks if you’re into that kind of thing

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

I may have over optimized for my tactician run. Cazador didn’t even get a turn.

rojay
Sep 2, 2000

Saul Kain posted:

I may have over optimized for my tactician run. Cazador didn’t even get a turn.

Going first in turn-based combat is nice.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Medullah posted:

I had no problems with Stop the Presses since the sentient printing press was friends with the pixie I rescued from the lamp in Act 2 he was more than happy to help me out
Now legit sad I missed that quest

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Doing a dark urge run with some friends in honor mode, we were trying to knock out Alfina in order to prevent her brutal murder in the night and the halfling trader followed one of us down to Alfina (I'm pretty sure someone grabbed something and was running off with it) and spotted us assaulting her and went hostile, yada yada, race war and now the grove is full of corpses and poison. Since we destroyed the grove I guess we can just uh, hang out with Minthara now.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Doing a dark urge run with some friends in honor mode, we were trying to knock out Alfina in order to prevent her brutal murder in the night and the halfling trader followed one of us down to Alfina (I'm pretty sure someone grabbed something and was running off with it) and spotted us assaulting her and went hostile, yada yada, race war and now the grove is full of corpses and poison. Since we destroyed the grove I guess we can just uh, hang out with Minthara now.

who gets to sleep with her?

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Did the House of Hope last night. Hope with a potion of Cloud Giant Strength and Enhance Leap is like Neo taking flight at the end of the Matrix. That jump distance is hilarious.

Legendary reactions being negated by being prone kind of takes away their oomph but this is a bit of a I got all the pinecones situation. I did blow up all the Pillars but I didn't get to see what happened since he was slipping on the ice. Korilla was trapped in a resilient sphere while we dealt with everything else. The AI is smart about going after the person concentrating on Hold monster but prioritizing Ally NPC vs the Paladin they should've focused the one person not in a globe.

Black Noise fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Mar 5, 2024

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
GoI makes the Raphael fight a joke. Those dipshit campions kept launching rays of fire at my team in the globe while the summon horde whittled them and the pillars down. Raphael spent half the fight trying to kill shovel, while Karlach threw Karilla out into the feast hall.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Been playing BG1 and just got to the werewolf island part. Before this game I assumed Baldurian died on that island. Does d&d work on multiverse rules where in one he did and in another he ended up somewhere else? Because his blade is on that island. But in 3 it is somewhere else. I guess my party could have brought it back with us but then how did it end up where it does?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Jay Rust posted:

who gets to sleep with her?

Eh, I'm sure that will resolve itself just fine with no hilarious arguments.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
How is there still no text search box on the camp chest?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Shard posted:

Been playing BG1 and just got to the werewolf island part. Before this game I assumed Baldurian died on that island. Does d&d work on multiverse rules where in one he did and in another he ended up somewhere else? Because his blade is on that island. But in 3 it is somewhere else. I guess my party could have brought it back with us but then how did it end up where it does?

Well, there's been like a hundred years between the games, but also Forgotten Realms and DnD in general is not a stranger to comic-book level retcons every edition update.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Shard posted:

he simply had two swords

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Such is the nature of a famous adventurer, every sword you equipped for 20 minutes before vendoring for 4 gold is now the “Blade of Balduran” and sold at a 1000x markup.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Faerun doesn't have the Internet, rumors of people dying happen all the time.

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Most of my party has died like half a dozen times. I don't see the contradiction

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I don't know which sword shows up in BG1 but in 3 isn't it implied that Balduran's sword is the Soul Edge-looking Giantkiller you "get" from Ansur?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Medullah posted:

Faerun doesn't have the Internet, rumors of people dying happen all the time.

Hell, people die all the time and come back. An adventurer could easily have a dozen stories of their death, and all of them be truthful.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
There are multiple Balduren

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
bigger balduran theory