Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
i was gonna say needs dashcon ballpit but what in the world is that piss pool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Supposedly someone pissed in the dashcon ballpit.

Unless it's some other disaster I'm not familiar with.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

Elfface posted:

That is exactly what happened.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Elfface posted:

Ball pit piss is most likely, but it also looks like the famous goon basement pool.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

how was this not called groverpool

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I believe it predates Groverhaus by years.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

it's the goonpool, predating groverhouse, which predates doom bathroom

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

But did it or the Murder-Zipline come first?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Kalli posted:

But did it or the Murder-Zipline come first?

probably the lord of hawaiis zipline

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Sweet jesus I forgot about the Doom bathroom. For the ladies.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

did the tampons come with bunny heads?

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

is doom bathroom archived? I definitely missed that one

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Prettz posted:

is doom bathroom archived? I definitely missed that one

yup https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3813464

Accubitus
Nov 7, 2020
Is there a thread anywhere with a collection of all these goon projects? They're all hilarious but I wish there was one authoritative source that I could go for all of them.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Accubitus posted:

Is there a thread anywhere with a collection of all these goon projects? They're all hilarious but I wish there was one authoritative source that I could go for all of them.

SAClopedia has most of them, it's on the top between rules and glorry hole, if you see the leper's colony you have gone too far right.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

I clicked into this and was expecting a fun disaster thread, instead I got a situation where the thread devolved into anger at OP calling women females and no satisfaction for what happened to Doom bathroom in the end bc OP is probed and decides to never come back

Why is this goldmined?

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Mar 4, 2024

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1764690437145505888

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

It’ll cost less than the Willy experience and make a million

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

So are they going for high budget or are they going to be as authentic as possible and buy everything off the first search result off amazon like Wonka? I'll consider 10x cost per costume + actor prep compared to the source as high budget here I guess.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Fledgling director and producer Cilly Boull strokes his impressive shiny mustache as he opens the project to crowdfunding

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

StrangersInTheNight posted:

I clicked into this and was expecting a fun disaster thread, instead I got a situation where the thread devolved into anger at OP calling women females and no satisfaction for what happened to Doom bathroom in the end bc OP is probed and decides to never come back

Why is this goldmined?

its funny.

check their probes. they later posted their bathroom and it looks terrible

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Why is this goldmined?

you didn't recoil in abject horror when he loving cut the joist?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Doom bathroom would have been good for a popup

codswallop
Dec 26, 2012

BABIES EVERYWHERE!

bunnyofdoom posted:

The thing is, I am surprised no British candy/chocolate company has jumped on this, did their own higher quality event, handing out real chocolate. Get the original actors back too, make it actually fun. Think of the massive press and ads they'd get

If Tunnocks (Scottish biscuit company) did this I’d travel from the other end of the island to visit and get my oompa loompa teacake

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

MrQwerty posted:

you didn't recoil in abject horror when he loving cut the joist?

I actually missed that, holy poo poo. But it's disappointing the end result isn't in the thread, apparently I need to click through his other probes to go find it? Oy.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

I actually missed that, holy poo poo. But it's disappointing the end result isn't in the thread, apparently I need to click through his other probes to go find it? Oy.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3819901&pagenumber=168&perpage=40#post492921243

hjere u go

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
As a woman, my ideal interior decor shares swatches with the Nazi flag.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i wonder if he ever found a female

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

if he did, he totally showed her his BATHROOM made specifically for FEMALES and sealed the deal that she would be leaving

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

codswallop posted:

If Tunnocks (Scottish biscuit company) did this I’d travel from the other end of the island to visit and get my oompa loompa teacake

My auntie worked at the Tunnocks Factory when I was small.

As a very special treat, we would sometimes go and pick her up after her shift when she'd been working Quality Control, and get given giant bags of Reject Caramel Wafers, that the machine had gone mental on and made them 15 layers deep. Or Reject Tunnocks Teacakes, where the chocolate was an inch thick on the bottom, or the marshmallow filling had ballooned to the size of a football. Glorious, glorious wonky chocolate biscuits and cakes, as much as my little 5-year old arms could carry home. They were, without a shadow of a doubt, the happiest afternoons of my early 1990s childhood.

When reading the original Roald Dahl books I used to nod sagely and say to my teacher "I've been to Willy Wonkas' factory, it's in Uddingston"

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Irisi posted:

My auntie worked at the Tunnocks Factory when I was small.

As a very special treat, we would sometimes go and pick her up after her shift when she'd been working Quality Control, and get given giant bags of Reject Caramel Wafers, that the machine had gone mental on and made them 15 layers deep. Or Reject Tunnocks Teacakes, where the chocolate was an inch thick on the bottom, or the marshmallow filling had ballooned to the size of a football. Glorious, glorious wonky chocolate biscuits and cakes, as much as my little 5-year old arms could carry home. They were, without a shadow of a doubt, the happiest afternoons of my early 1990s childhood.

When reading the original Roald Dahl books I used to nod sagely and say to my teacher "I've been to Willy Wonkas' factory, it's in Uddingston"

This is a sweet story, thank you for sharing.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

redshirt posted:

This is a sweet story, thank you for sharing.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

Ball pit piss is most likely, but it also looks like the famous goon basement pool.

Thank you for mentioning this, that's what I thought of but I wasn't sure if it was real or a made-up memory! It definitely predates groverhouse and zipline and DIY guy because I didn't check the forums for years and have no idea what those things are (I've looked at the bathroom guy's remodel stuff since it was first mentioned a few pages back, and jfc that guy is the worst interior decorator)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Das Boo posted:

As a woman, my ideal interior decor shares swatches with the Nazi flag.

This is command & conquer hand of Nod erasure

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Glasgow Oompa Loompa is doing cameos

https://www.nme.com/news/film/oompa-loompa-viral-glasgow-experience-personalised-cameo-3596972

Good for her!

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Seth Pecksniff posted:

what holy hell lmao

It's like a buckethead live show but with fewer toys being passed out

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

pixaal posted:

So are they going for high budget or are they going to be as authentic as possible and buy everything off the first search result off amazon like Wonka? I'll consider 10x cost per costume + actor prep compared to the source as high budget here I guess.

They are not making it.

e: Honestly, I don't think anyone is going try and make any spinoff content besides people posting artwork about it. By the time anything would actually come out, people will have already moved on to something else several times over.

Time_pants fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Mar 7, 2024

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

not only found but also trying to sell

bEatmstrJ posted:

Bump. Make me a reasonable offer and she can be yours!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

pixaal posted:

SAClopedia has most of them, it's on the top between rules and glorry hole, if you see the leper's colony you have gone too far right.

Going too far right lands a lot of people in the Lepers Colony