Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

He is rated behind Bryce Young?!?

Hahahahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I don't know how you could watch Levis play this year and rank him that low

There has to be a lot of pre-draft bias in there and assuming he outplayed his actual skill level

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Soul Glo posted:

FanDuel ranks Will Levis at #32 coming into the season, below five quarterbacks not even drafted yet.

Like, sometimes I think the Titans fans’ fixation on being ignored by the national media is kind of unearned but that one’s pretty laughable.

The fixation has been earned for years

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I do think Bryce might be salvageable but levis was for sure better than him, admittedly under slightly better circumstances.

Levis showed way more positives than Bryce, who basically looked bad at everything. Sloppy footwork, bad reads and slow processing, not to mention all the physical shortcomings. Levis needs to work on his short and intermediate stuff but he also was on his back constantly. His footwork was improved from where he was at in college and he showed much better command of the offense than people were expecting. It’s not out of the realm of possibility that he still ends up busting but I don’t know how anybody watches either team’s tape and thinks Bryce young is a better option right now.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
There are charts that show levis being pretty inaccurate so if they go by those I'd understand it but those charts include 0 nuance or eyes

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
If I wanted to be pessimistic about levis I would say that he didn’t show a lot outside of his deep throw stuff but I think he objectively did show improvement on the short game stuff and isn’t getting credit for it from national folks because they understandably weren’t grinding tape on a bad titans team. But that’s part of why you bring in guys like B. Callahan and B. Callahan. Get him in a system that looks at what he does well, give him a chance to show what he can actually do with some actual talent blocking for him and (presumably) better receivers. If he shows improvement then you have your guy for the next three years at least, and if he backslides, we’ll always have the falcons and dolphins games lol

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Yep let's see him with an oline that blocks best case he's good worst case the new qb will be protected

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I'd take Levis over any Steelers quarterback. Probably any Commanders quarterback too. Insane ranking.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Probably Magic posted:

I'd take Levis over any Steelers quarterback. Probably any Commanders quarterback too. Insane ranking.
Raiders too.

… right?

What about New England?

edit: Atlanta?!?

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
Will Levis was wildy inaccurate when not pressured, and also took a ton of sacks when pressured. He was one of the worst QBs in the league at that. Bryce was worse. Tannehill was more accurate, but was sacked at an even higher rate. I wish I could find the chart, I was just looking at it the other day. Even by EPA/play, Levis ranks 30th, right there with Gardner Minshew. He's behind backups like Jake Browning. Now, I'd say low 20s might be a good place for him GOING into 2024. He could obviously improve and get better, but judging by his performance this year and where he'll start, bottom quartile is absolutely where he should start the rankings.

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Feb 22, 2024

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Raiders too.

… right?

What about New England?

edit: Atlanta?!?

I believe they're assuming they'll draft one of the top rookie QB prospects.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

EvilBeard posted:

I believe they're assuming they'll draft one of the top rookie QB prospects.
You're correct but if you're going to tell me that the likes of Bo Nix, Michael Penix, or JJ McCarthy are already better pro QBs than Levis, I'm going to say you're full of poo poo ("you" being the article, not you you). I could maybe see saying Caleb, Maye, or Daniels could be better because they have a better pedigree, accuracy, or whatever are better than Levis with one year of pro experience, MAYBE, but anyone else is just a flat no chance they are already better than Billy Jeans.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I still have some hope in Penix, but I feel like rating Levis dead last ignores that he powered that comeback against the Dolphins. Like, that ain't nothin' to me. He's got that dog in him. He probably won't be amazing, maybe not even The Future(TM), but there's definitely enough chutzpah where I want to see more. I don't feel that way about, like, Kenny Pickette.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Probably Magic posted:

I still have some hope in Penix, but I feel like rating Levis dead last ignores that he powered that comeback against the Dolphins. Like, that ain't nothin' to me. He's got that dog in him. He probably won't be amazing, maybe not even The Future(TM), but there's definitely enough chutzpah where I want to see more. I don't feel that way about, like, Kenny Pickette.

In the FanDuel post that kinda fueled this online, Pickett wasn't even listed. They had the Steelers trading for Justin Fields.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

He is rated behind Bryce Young?!?

Hahahahahahaha
Even after their respective seasons last year, I think most NFL franchises would still take Bryce Young over Levis, if only because of the age factor

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

JT Jag posted:

Even after their respective seasons last year, I think most NFL franchises would still take Bryce Young over Levis, if only because of the age factor

Yeah, Bryce might still hit a growth spurt

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sure Levis was better at every facet of the game than Bryce but-

I don't know how to finish that sentence

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Intruder posted:

Sure Levis was better at every facet of the game than Bryce but-

I don't know how to finish that sentence

number one!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I'm not denying that right now Levis is a better player than Bryce, I'm just saying NFL front offices are addicted to the allure of Upside, and there's tape of Bryce being an extremely competent QB out there, albeit in literally the best situation for a QB in college football at the time

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
It occurred to me that the past three seasons have featured an AFC South team losing in the final week of the season, to another AFC South team, and missing the playoffs as a result.

Carson Wentz Colts (lose to jags)
Josh Dobbs Titans (lose to jags)
Trevor Bust Jaguars (lose to titans)

This clearly indicates that the Texans will not be making the playoffs next season. Sorry Houston fans.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The pattern was already broken because the Gardner Minshew Colts losing to the Texans did the same thing

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
So what I’m hearing is that next season only one AFCs team will win in week 17 and the other three will all be eliminated. Interesting

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the texans are going to the supe

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

lobster shirt posted:

the texans are going to the super wild card weekend

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

cj stroud

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Intruder posted:

cj stroud

:hmmyes:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Intruder posted:

cj stroud

simple as

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Soul Glo posted:

NFL.com naming Byard as a cut possibility for the Eagles. Titans got dragged for that trade but receiving a replacement player and two draft picks for someone they suspected was washed, and then went on to play like he was washed for a Super Bowl contender, was an extremely good move on Ran’s part.

And there we are

https://x.com/adamschefter/status/1763605872326869228?s=46

I would not mind re-signing him for leadership, depth and fan support, but it’s gotta be cheap. He allowed 100+ qb rating in 10 games with the Eagles.

e: who fleeced who now

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I’d rather see him go somewhere else instead of coming back here and sucking

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I hope some idiot team like the Jets or Giants overpays him one final time and he can go out rich.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mega64 posted:

I hope some idiot team like the Jets or Giants overpays him one final time and he can go out rich.
He'll definitely have the "Matt Patricia was the DC most of my time there" card to play.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Every Eagles defender should be allowed to play that card.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I think Byard absolutely has value, and probably more to the Titans than any other team, for his connection to the city(ies) and people here. He is absolutley not a 1 though, but for depth? I would for sure not hate having him on the roster on like a 2 year deal, one guaranteed.

The Titans do need a Safety, and having him on would just be an anchor for the rebuild.

I don't doubt there's probably some team out there willing to pay him more than we should though.

Basically, the same exact story as King Henry (though Henry is closer to being a 1 than Byard is).

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Kvon Wallace was decent and would be ok as a depth piece too if it’s gonna primarily be molden/hooker back there

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
https://twitter.com/eastonfreeze/status/1763710137850528140?s=46&t=TEvKBrm0zBHaEuDLTV1hHw

This is hilarious but also this definitely solidified me on Team Tackle At 7 lol

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Bismack Billabongo posted:

https://twitter.com/eastonfreeze/status/1763710137850528140?s=46&t=TEvKBrm0zBHaEuDLTV1hHw

This is hilarious but also this definitely solidified me on Team Tackle At 7 lol

AFCS 2024: …Oof

jeff
Dec 1, 2002
huh
I get so mad when ESPN or whoever talks about coaching as if that's the reason CJ Stroud is so successful. Look at every NFC South game this year and Slowik is the reason they almost lost and did lose. Let's run the ball up the middle 30 times and lose to the Panthers and Falcons. The only reason the Texans made the playoffs was CJ balling out vs the Saints and Tampa Bay in the last 2 minutes of each game. Ahhh Big Jeff.

jeff
Dec 1, 2002
huh
And yes I'm mad on the Internet

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Feel blessed to be posting with digital jeff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Bobby slowik is a dweeb.

It’s gonna be hilarious when Houston leans more into the run next season (it will because they signed saquon Barkley tho)