Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

hardspace went woke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Fuligin posted:

Why must u mediate such hurtful claims... misleading narratives are rife on this sub

Preparing my qi for 6000 reports, each more peevish than the last

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Hardspace but as an endless mode were you rip things out for money and you buy upgrades and sometimes you rip a unique and the money target goes up each day and in the shop there are like "packs" of upgrades, you could call them celestial pack or tarot pack and the best upgrades are jokers and

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Fortnite might be getting a World of Warcraft collab next aeason.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
This month's pick for my Retro Game Club is Conker's Bad Fur Day, I think this gets lumped in with Banjo-Kazooie and DK64 as a collectathon but honestly it outshines both of them gameplay wise. Everything is simple and fun, the map design feels really intuitive, the fact that all of the world zones are interconnected likes a Souls game is kind of crazy. The humor is hit or miss but everything about the game is so drat stupid and goofy on its face that the low, low effort in the dialogue writing ends up coming off kind of charming rather than lazy? Like the two driving forces of the plot being "Conker is hungover and trying to find his way home" and "The King wants to kidnap Conker so he can use him to replace his missing table leg" set the tone so well.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

HoloLens murdered conker

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

BONGHITZ posted:

HoloLens murdered conker

we were all looking forward to "Young Conker" after the universally beloved "Young Sheldon" and "Young Rock" TV Shows but sadly M$ no longer has The Juice

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I'm not sure if it's intended behavior from one of my eleventy billion BG2 mods or a bug or if I accidentally killed the romance somewhere along the way or what but the usual 'Bohdi grabs the person you're romancing and turns them into a vampire for DRAMA' thing never happened, and I was all set to make stupid Aerie=Aeris/th jokes and now you have all been denied my comedic genius.

Lucky you.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Xaris posted:

its like bethesda had discendo vox write the entire game

Vox would make a significantly better game than starfield and it isn't even a question

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

Vox would make a significantly better game than starfield and it isn't even a question

no, he wouldn't, and im tired of mods letting this discussion go on for pages when it was already addressed awhile ago

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

Are you stupid?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

no, he wouldn't, and im tired of mods letting this discussion go on for pages when it was already addressed awhile ago

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

This month's pick for my Retro Game Club is Conker's Bad Fur Day, I think this gets lumped in with Banjo-Kazooie and DK64 as a collectathon but honestly it outshines both of them gameplay wise. Everything is simple and fun, the map design feels really intuitive, the fact that all of the world zones are interconnected likes a Souls game is kind of crazy. The humor is hit or miss but everything about the game is so drat stupid and goofy on its face that the low, low effort in the dialogue writing ends up coming off kind of charming rather than lazy? Like the two driving forces of the plot being "Conker is hungover and trying to find his way home" and "The King wants to kidnap Conker so he can use him to replace his missing table leg" set the tone so well.

Such great multiplayer modes too, and you could play them all with bots it ruled. The xbox version replacing them all with the team fortress thing was pretty lame

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Things Helldivers needs:
1. When your team is out of reinforcements, dead team members should be able to act as Intel or Orbital Support for the team, ie being able to view and tag the map and/or manually aim the Orbital cannons for their teammate's strategems.
2. There should be a five minute per round Jump Ball gametype hosted on Super Earth, just rip off Grif Ball for this and you're good to go.
3. Scanner/Ping like Death Stranding to check the immediate area for objects and highlight them, every game that has stuff on the map for collection should have this.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Nearly time.
https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/1764697422259753456?t=6sX-OCLjMeAyOmYmJR-BSQ&s=19

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Things Helldivers needs:
1. When your team is out of reinforcements, dead team members should be able to act as Intel or Orbital Support for the team, ie being able to view and tag the map and/or manually aim the Orbital cannons for their teammate's strategems.
2. There should be a five minute per round Jump Ball gametype hosted on Super Earth, just rip off Grif Ball for this and you're good to go.
3. Scanner/Ping like Death Stranding to check the immediate area for objects and highlight them, every game that has stuff on the map for collection should have this.

You're supposed to grub around in the dirt looking for pickups and like it, diver!

Seriously though, the pickup highlight is pretty aggressive and the really important stuff (the stuff I dropped when I ate an artillery shell) is on the map already. The stuff that's maddening is when they have the stuff you want to pick up right next to the lore tidbit examine prompt and you have to pick up the correct thing while having your butt chewed off by a bug rhino.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Retromancer posted:

You're supposed to grub around in the dirt looking for pickups and like it, diver!

Seriously though, the pickup highlight is pretty aggressive

no

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
sorry death stranding is so much better at it than other games it makes them all look bad

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

sorry death stranding is so much better at it than other games it makes them all look bad

true of most thing

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Helldivers needs the ability to cook orbital strikes by holding them in your hand. That way you can hold onto it and dive into a group of enemies to really teach them a lesson.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Salt Fish posted:

Helldivers needs the ability to cook orbital strikes by holding them in your hand. That way you can hold onto it and dive into a group of enemies to really teach them a lesson.

this is what the personal shield is for. just be sure to dive out the way before getting caught in the blast

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
Hardspace is cool but I wish there was more ship variety, got repetitive after a while

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Hirsute posted:

Hardspace is cool but I wish there was more ship variety, got repetitive after a while

i think that engine had hard performance issues that ultimately limited the scope :(

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Hirsute posted:

I'm enjoying it so far. I'm like level 8 or something. i was just playing and i was finishing up a ship and accidentally depressurized a big chunk of it that i didn't realize was pressurized and it shot me away and started tumbling end over end into the barge field. "oh no!" i said, and tried vainly to tether it so i could scrap it properly, but it all went into the barge and processed all the relevant salvage. wasted a big chunk of aluminum but still got all the point rewards for the level. good game.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
what helldivers needs is for my gamer buddy to not be a little pussy who rolls around crying on the floor about bugs sneaking up on him until i chase him around with air strikes

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

be sure to dive out the way before getting caught in the blast

I'm not sure you understand democratic bug jihad.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

World War Mammories posted:

smugly knowing that starfield was going to be poo poo beforehand because i have seen todd howard's work + have object permanence

for every one person like you, there were 10 people who said the same thing and still bought a $100+ preorder package

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Curious to see how this works because hiding in a building during mortar/airstrikes is both undefeated and kind of boring https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1764713744976826451
Edit: CoD also doin Dune again https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1764713078082490770

Grey Fox has issued a correction as of 19:52 on Mar 4, 2024

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4055673

Ted Wassanasong
Apr 8, 2020

One of the best multiplayer games on the N64 as well.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

this sounds good. I should give it a shot

you know I’ve played most of the n64 greatest hits (and greatest stinkers) and it was definitely one of the most formative consoles for me, yet Conker may be the only one I somehow never played

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I played jet force Gemini but I don’t recall anything about it or if I had even finished it

I should try that again… plus I’m extremely long overdue for an OoT+MM+ Banjo replay. been too long

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I remember killing bugs. So it was a good videogame I assume.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Xaris posted:

I played jet force Gemini but I don’t recall anything about it or if I had even finished it

I should try that again… plus I’m extremely long overdue for an OoT+MM+ Banjo replay. been too long

My memories of JFG are renting it for a weekend in 1999 and wrestling with 90s rear end third person shooter controls for a while before giving up.

People talk all the time about the influence RE4 had on the entire gaming landscape but I don't think it can be overstated the degree to which RE4 established best practices in the third person shooter genre that are still being adhered to 20 years later.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Xaris posted:

i think the biggest flaw was the forced dialog instead of spliced into comms while cutting, and it was kinda milquetoast lib.

I mean you do end up taking heavy industrial action in it by blowing up parts of your workplace, so there is that.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Xaris posted:

this sounds good. I should give it a shot

you know I’ve played most of the n64 greatest hits (and greatest stinkers) and it was definitely one of the most formative consoles for me, yet Conker may be the only one I somehow never played

Also Conker's voice actor kills it, precise amount of lisp needed for it to be just cute enough to get away with everything he's saying

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

not video games I know but

https://twitter.com/WeisMargaret/status/1764632826077458745?t=jnAgnpB0sBT09oz-WTWzTA&s=19

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

yes d&d terrible I know I just appreciate the history

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

dragonlance deeply sucks rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
brb testing some twins