Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Ghost Dog posted:

the deonna lady is not a very good wrestler, unless she is. but she isnt. unless? no. shes not.

she's genuinely a completely unremarkable wrestler and most of her billing as anything but stems from her being on a show no one watched

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

i didn't want to drop into the hellthread to talk about forum bullshit while the PPV was on but to wrap up the thing from a couple pages ago mel mudkiper is still forumbanned and if they come back and we haven't already caught it please continue to report them so we can repeatedly kick them out again, thanks in advance, jungle boy not being champion is a travesty

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

CarlCX posted:

i didn't want to drop into the hellthread to talk about forum bullshit while the PPV was on but to wrap up the thing from a couple pages ago mel mudkiper is still forumbanned and if they come back and we haven't already caught it please continue to report them so we can repeatedly kick them out again, thanks in advance, jungle boy not being champion is a travesty

Thanks for the reminder, I was wondering for a bit earlier

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

Cash hows your wife and daughter?

armed to the teeth, just like their father

i mean, my lawyer says all firearms are properly registered under their names and i have no firearms and have never touched a firearm and wouldn't even know what one looks like your honor

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Cash Wheeler is a stupid son of a bitch

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Big Bill Ospreay vs Takeshita was very good

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the nwo should have helped sting

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

CarlCX posted:

Okay I was like a 99% sure that guy shouldn't be here, thanks for clearing it up.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Not to bring forums lore into hellthread, but was Mel the Saudi Arabia shill?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Pylons posted:

Not to bring forums lore into hellthread, but was Mel the Saudi Arabia shill?

Yeah

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Undertaker had the dignity to make a new star in his retirement. Shameful selfishness from Sting.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MJeff posted:

Okay I was like a 99% sure that guy shouldn't be here, thanks for clearing it up.

Exact same thing for me. I was like is that that guy I thought he was banned but didn't want to cause a ruckus in the he'll thread on sting day

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

Undertaker had the dignity to make a new star in his retirement. Shameful selfishness from Sting.

Brock?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Wrong retirement

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Gumball Gumption posted:

AJ?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Carmelo Hayes

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

No no no not those requirements the last one!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Gumball Gumption posted:

No no no not those requirements the last one!

HBK?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh I know this one he means the time he whispered into Bray's ear.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Max caster is never gonna rap again

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Guilty voices got no rhythm :(

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Inshallah

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Cavauro posted:

if you think about it aew has really gone downhill since sting retired

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Oh Snapple! posted:

she's genuinely a completely unremarkable wrestler and most of her billing as anything but stems from her being on a show no one watched

I swear she was good in TNA. She's real good on promos but her matches so far in AEW have been a little plodding.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Toni gave her nothing in that match and they keep trying to wrestling the catch as catch can wrestling while being slow and bad at it. Toni was wrestling with more power than her when she's bigger than Toni??

I thought Swerve should've won, why do we have to draw this out longer I have no idea.

Sting should've lost, idc ,idc. I'm his biggest fan but him winning made my eyes roll. It's bad enough he's undefeated but now are gonna have another ...sigh... tournament for the titles. The whole thing was really veering into self indulgence.

Will and Take was great but like every other match should've ended earlier and way too much getting beat the gently caress up but I'ma just hop right back up like nothing happened.

Oh and Kingston still sucks.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

He forgot what's past "yo, listen"

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

RBX posted:

Toni gave her nothing in that match and they keep trying to wrestling the catch as catch can wrestling while being slow and bad at it. Toni was wrestling with more power than her when she's bigger than Toni??

I thought Swerve should've won, why do we have to draw this out longer I have no idea.

Sting should've lost, idc ,idc. I'm his biggest fan but him winning made my eyes roll. It's bad enough he's undefeated but now are gonna have another ...sigh... tournament for the titles. The whole thing was really veering into self indulgence.

Will and Take was great but like every other match should've ended earlier and way too much getting beat the gently caress up but I'ma just hop right back up like nothing happened.

what a surprise you hate everything

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
RedditBX

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Deonna is insanely talented at a style of wrestling that the average wrestling fan generally considers at best incredibly boring unless Bryan Danielson or ZSJ are doing it. Also no one else in the women's division who's not currently hurt really has the skills to be a good partner to it. Because wrestling fans hate Italians this will be blamed on her instead of the company

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

RBX posted:

AEW Hell has a new ruler

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

aew is good lately but to stick the landing they need to deliver on batista coming in and if he doesn’t, it’ll be a massive failure

a lot of people are saying this

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

aew is good lately but to stick the landing they need to deliver on batista coming in and if he doesn’t, it’ll be a massive failure

a lot of people are saying this

They finally get us the Killer Kross vs. Batista shoot style match

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The Big in Big Bu$ine$$ stands for BIG DAVE

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

sting looks like someone improperly loaded a squib on christopher lloyd

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm not shoveling dirt on Purazzo yet because all of her opponents so far have been kind of terrible.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

RBX posted:

you're not supposed to voice actually bad opinions in this thread

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

talk your talk RBX F the haters this is hell a safe space.

Personally I thought it was an 8/10 show. Every match was good except the atrocious women’s matches. But honestly who gives a poo poo they last less than 10 minutes each.

Ospreay rules, and never liked Sting but undoubtedly that’s the best retirement match I ever saw

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
To be completely clear, saying Swerve should've won and Sting should've lost would've been wrong going into the show bit after the show played out the way it did are complete loving dumbass moron idiot takes.

Swerve winning would've been completely overshadowed by Sting. Sting losing would've sucked all of the air out of that building and done absolutely nothing more for the Young Bucks in terms of getting them heat than the actual match that happened. Doing both in the same show would've gone an extremely long way towards completely ruining it.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I was shocked that Dave and others were saying this was one of the best ppvs of all time. I think that's wildly high praise for what was a card with 3 or 4 very good to great matches and then a lot of averagosity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

This thread becoming a honeypot for flaming people with negative AEW takes is a very good bit.