Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

oddium posted:

was hoping to get update #36 of chrono cross out tonight, but fate has other plans. dr hellstein, former ss scientist and de facto leader of the nascent Fifth Reich, as well as my arch nemesis, is stirring up trouble in argentina. and i've got a golden bullet with his name on it

slack jawed goldfish brain in a yetee samus shirt: christ. good luck. and don't worry about the update

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

pentyne posted:

Saga of TheDarkId

- famous for doing LPs of Yoko Taro games
- ran a cult-like discord apparently given the belief in his insane stories and defense of him
- routinely told stories about being a badass mercenary
- Faked crayon drawings he claimed where his kids' for his LP
- Claiming to be dying/died of cancer
- His 'wife' also a super spy he seduced, routinely found him with a gun in his mouth and had to distract him from suicide by telling him to play Halo
- used tons of stock photos he claimed were family pictures
- Had a TV tropes page as long as Taylor Swift

incredible summary thank you but we cant goldmine until he dies.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

That DICK! posted:

incredible summary thank you but we cant goldmine until he dies.

hes pot committed to dying tonight, would love to see his farewell message to the discord

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
TheDarkId is just going to turn out to be Andrew Dobson because time is a flat circle

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

oddium posted:

was hoping to get update #36 of chrono cross out tonight, but fate has other plans. dr hellstein, former ss scientist and de facto leader of the nascent Fifth Reich, as well as my arch nemesis, is stirring up trouble in argentina. and i've got a golden bullet with his name on it

slack jawed goldfish brain in a yetee samus shirt: christ. good luck. and don't worry about the update

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Pigbuster posted:

They met when they both went to snap a guy’s neck at the same time and their hands touched :blush:

They do a lunch date and recreate the Lady and the Tramp spaghetti kiss while sitting atop a pile of dead Brotherhood of Nod soldiers.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

beastmaster jr.: the dar kid

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

pentyne posted:

Saga of TheDarkId

- famous for doing LPs of Yoko Taro games
- ran a cult-like discord apparently given the belief in his insane stories and defense of him
- routinely told stories about being a badass mercenary
- Faked crayon drawings he claimed where his kids' for his LP
- Claiming to be dying/died of cancer
- His 'wife' also a super spy he seduced, routinely found him with a gun in his mouth and had to distract him from suicide by telling him to play Halo
- used tons of stock photos he claimed were family pictures
- Had a TV tropes page as long as Taylor Swift

lmao, thank you for your service

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I think he should be dead by now.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

recreating 50 First Dates but it's because i'm tweeting out every couple of weeks we finally went on our first date undercover in Pyongyang

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I'd say you can't make this poo poo up, but I'd be wrong.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
my nerdy gamer dork wife is close to getting a big enough killstreak to end putin's war in ukraine.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

IGgy IGsen posted:

I'd say you can't make this poo poo up, but I'd be wrong.

heh

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

punished 'venom' snake: thank you for gathering in the discord today to honor the life of my daughter, my wife, my son, my daughter, my cat, my dog, and me, as i am in hospice and will be dead within 2400 military time.

huey 'TOLEDO TONKA TRUCK TITTIES' emmerich: thats awful. my father just went through hospice, i couldnt even call him because they had no internet and he couldnt get a signal. isnt that just glitter you are spreading on your face?

the discord:

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

my nerdy gamer dork wife is close to getting a big enough killstreak to end putin's war in ukraine.

throat slitty goth gf

Nitnen
Jul 29, 2011

Obnoxipus posted:

when i was like 12 i was online friends with a guy who pretended to go into a coma during a conversation on aim by...typing...like this... so maybe i should've seen this coming

a guy i met in the smash community did the same thing to pretend he only had a few weeks to live but we were in our 20s

Nitnen fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Mar 4, 2024

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

copy posted:

throat slitty goth gf

*glomps u and performs a doom glory kill*

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

copy posted:

throat slitty goth gf

hell, i'll take it

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
me crying at yoko taro's speech at dark id's funeral, ignoring the still wet paper mache newspapers around the speaker's head

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Thinking about this and it's genuinely impressive that he managed to keep it up for this long. Really threaded the needle between making up obvious bullshit but not so bad that anyone felt the need to call him out on it. Probably because it was all mostly harmless and there wasn't any kind of scam attached? Like he's got a patreon that's making some money but he was never like "I need a ton of money for my daughter's gay cancer, plz help".

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
So one time I'm undercover tabling at a russian comic convention in 2016 and I see this beautiful CIA operative dressed as 2B
She's being harassed, can't have that.
Guy harassing her? Slime. Unfit to live.
My daughter is with me, because of course she is.
Guy is doing this in front of MY daughter? Oh no no no
I get up from behind my creator's table because I KNOW what I have to do
Then my daughter, god, she nods to me, right? She says "Understood" and FUUUUUCK I love her so much!
I go after him, obviously I can't give you the details here since I was undercover in 2017
It's the internet and I can't trust anyone
I gave my son some prompts and he drew the outcome to my little tussle with this rube

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Paladinus posted:

*cough* *cough*

I haven't got a lot life left in me, folks.... I'm coughing my lungs out and my hands are to week to even hold a bazooka. The only solace to me is this old drawing by my son/daughter that consoled me many times on long and dangerous missions, it helped me when his sister/she died, and now, looking at it, I am at peace..... I thought I'd quickly scan and share it here while I still can operate home appliances up to a submersion blender. Just something to remember me by apart from my industry-changing LPs and preventing at least three nuclear wars.

(sorry about the blood)

*cough* *cough*

I will miss you all, wherever I'm going.

Feel free to @taroyoko on twitter, too. We haven't exchanged texts in a while and I'm sure he's worried sick.... Not cancer sick, but still.

Anyway, I feel it's coming, the cold embr

*gah*

*dies*

LOL god dammit

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
His discord mods the second he stops posting:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Snooze Cruise posted:

me crying at yoko taro's speech at dark id's funeral, ignoring the still wet paper mache newspapers around the speaker's head

thats weird i had no idea yoko taro sounded just like the guy from breakfast at tiffanies

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

copy posted:

YOURE KILLING YOURSELF!!!

no im naaaaahhhhht

GO PLAY HALO NOW

nah righ nooooooowwwww

lmfao

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Her Dryer posted:

The flat "Okay" in response to this apparent attempted suicide is so funny hahaha

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

copy posted:

no im naaaaahhhhht

GO PLAY HALO NOW

nah righ nooooooowwwww

oh my god

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

oddium posted:

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

oddium posted:

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
goldmine

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

euroshopper posted:

dude was really out there gaming in the clinton years

hate to break it to you but everything tdi posted was a lie

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

oddium posted:

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
how tf do you lose russian roulette when your the only person playing it

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

how tf do you lose russian roulette when your the only person playing it

skill issue

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

HolePisser1982 posted:

i love this one so much. costantly chasing the lets player around the house trying to get the guns out of his mouth like hes a misbehaving puppy stealing socks

HolePisser1982 posted:

Wanna play some Halo?
"Hhmmrmmrurmimbub"
Dont talk with a gun in your mouth sweetie.
"Y-yeah I'll be down in a minute."

lobster shirt posted:

the russian roulette scene in the deer hunter but it cuts to them playing halo afterwards

copy posted:

no im naaaaahhhhht

GO PLAY HALO NOW

nah righ nooooooowwwww

Plant MONSTER. posted:

darkid pulling out a larger gun each time one is taken away until eventually he's standing in front of a cannon like a bugs bunny bit

lmfao

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!