Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If people don't want me to flame their negative takes they should come up with some that aren't stupid and wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I'm 99% sure I'm the biggest Sting mark on this site, and wouldn't even watch wrestling if it wasn't for him but he's been done since TNA and nothing he did since really matters or added anything to his legacy. I was good with his ending in WWE as bad as it was. He should've just stayed retired if he was just gonna come and do more "the bad guys didn't let me win enough" booking. He has no real history in this company other than falling off stuff onto dudes. This felt like a long grift for a bit more money and to help Cody out.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'll be real MJeff has always been very consistent in his flaming. If he thinks what you posted is dumb he'll let you know and he'll let you know why. Same with all his opinions and agreements. RBX's post just doesn't make sense to me and others because it does not seem to coincide with reality.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I live in reality where Eddie is trash but I don't cheer anyway because "I'm supposed to" like the rest. That can also apply to 80% of AEW.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think the point in my life when I talked about how much I lived in reality compared to all those fools was while being deep in mental illness. Just things to think about. Stings final run was a selfish cash grab though, same with his WWE run.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

RBX posted:

I'm 99% sure I'm the biggest Sting mark on this site,

I was good with his ending in WWE as bad as it was.

What an absolutely insane pair of sentences.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

NienNunb posted:

This thread becoming a honeypot for flaming people with negative AEW takes is a very good bit.

If you are bored enough in life that you are doing this you are truly already in hell

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Hell thread rules, all takes should be celebrated. Even if they're wrong, they're right.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Sting has been part of AEW for 66% of the time AEW has existed

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

MJeff posted:

To be completely clear, saying Swerve should've won and Sting should've lost would've been wrong going into the show bit after the show played out the way it did are complete loving dumbass moron idiot takes.

Swerve winning would've been completely overshadowed by Sting. Sting losing would've sucked all of the air out of that building and done absolutely nothing more for the Young Bucks in terms of getting them heat than the actual match that happened. Doing both in the same show would've gone an extremely long way towards completely ruining it.

yah

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Sting has been part of AEW for 66% of the time AEW has existed

your facts have no place here Erin.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
im glad sting refused to put the bucks over

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

gas

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Feel like if you come in here to stan and argue when someone disrespects AEW or whatever you’re doing the thread wrong. We have the other AEW thread for only positive takes

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

you are the most clueless moron in here, you have no idea what this thread even is. oh and you support rape

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I don't think Revolution 2024 was the best AEW show ever but I can see why people would especially if they are huge Sting fans

Stings run was great and needed after the WWE disaster. Just master class of how to get the most from a legend

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MJeff posted:

This pair is egregious even for me lmfao.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
i'll need somewhere to vent when maxwell inevitably comes back and doubles down

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eat My Fuc posted:

Feel like if you come in here to stan and argue when someone disrespects AEW or whatever you’re doing the thread wrong. We have the other AEW thread for only positive takes

If you think I'm doing something wrong, that's the greatest possible indicator I could have that I'm doing it right because you're a loving dimwit. Also, you support rape.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I didn't even need him to go to WWE. He is cooked. I don't need my legends to go one more time or have one more run. Just let it be. I didn't really like Austin having a match, every Rock return gets less and less for me, Taker and HBK were just as egregious.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

God he probably will triple down. If he does somehow learn a lesson and fix his worst tendencies he could be the best

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Swerve winning the title and getting overshadowed by Sting retiring would be some WWE level booking nonsense. Him winning needs to be the show closer

Plus I think not winning here is Tana beating Okada in the Wrestle Kingdom 9 main event level booking. If followed up on it should make Swerve even hotter

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
I hope MJF brings back big band vocal performances, for the boys.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Swerve winning the title and getting overshadowed by Sting retiring would be some WWE level booking nonsense. Him winning needs to be the show closer

Plus I think not winning here is Tana beating Okada in the Wrestle Kingdom 9 main event level booking. If followed up on it should make Swerve even hotter

I disagree because this was just him losing a three way without being involved in the finish. If he had main evented against Joe, gotten loving pinned and then cried while Joe talked poo poo from the ring, that would've been the loving best AND IT'S WHAT THEY SHOULD'VE DONE WITH MJF A YEAR AND A HALF AGO

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I didn’t watch his match last night but Eddie’s machine gun chops look like poo poo. If he did them well for the first time ever last night then I apologize. I’m sorry.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

they were okay

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

MJeff posted:

lol

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

yea ok posted:

you are the most clueless moron in here, you have no idea what this thread even is. oh and you support rape

it’s slightly sad the way you are obsessed with me

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

🤪🤪🤪

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

SatoshiMiwa posted:

AEW is doing at least 10 ppvs a year so you can only get one big moment per show. Pops are officially being rationed.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i think swerve will only get more over and popular if he chases for a while more. he's great but idk if i buy him as champion just yet

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

yea ok posted:

i think swerve will only get more over and popular if he chases for a while more. he's great but idk if i buy him as champion just yet

He needs to figure out how to not get completely owned by Joe in a promo if he's gonna take his title, for starters.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
dynasty is a silly name for a wrestling ppv

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’ll all make sense with JR commentating every match

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Sisal Two-Step posted:

Yeah whatever happened to serious PPv names like Wrestlemania or Bash at the Beach.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

arcade of the stars

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

The_Rob posted:

Yeah whatever happened to serious PPv names like Wrestlemania or Bash at the Beach.

those say what they're about. youre gonna see wrestling maniacs and a bash at the beach. what am i getting from dynasty

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Sisal Two-Step posted:

those say what they're about. youre gonna see wrestling maniacs and a bash at the beach. what am i getting from dynasty

3 rings

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Sisal Two-Step posted:

yeah, they should have called it Falcon Crest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Sisal Two-Step posted:

Probably some legends or something. Or maybe the start of something cool. Look my point is all wrestling show names sound stupid and silly.