Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

lordfrikk posted:

The announcement on their Discord reads like written by a lawyer lol

"We would also like to grovel in the dirt a bit to fully express our regret and sorrow at having perpetrated piracy, and eat some of the dirt as well."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

repiv posted:

twas merely a coincidence that our patreon income tripled when TOTK leaked

It was also an accident that we just happened to update our emulator constantly and entirely around TotK performance in the time prior to its official launch.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
We got slapped with a $2.4m fine, but look, we're not even going to mention it. Because what really matters is that some bad people are playing games on unauthorised hardware.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Is there a way to tell Steam to only send me email notifications about one of my wishlisted games being on sale if that game isn't in Early Access? I basically only add EA games to my wishlist as a way to say "hey tell me when this thing is fully released", and I don't give a poo poo that a game is 25% off if it's only half-done.

It's easy to filter the wishlist to only show fully-released games, but I don't know how to do the same thing for email notifications.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
yuzu getting murdered in the space of 48 hours is why all the Palworld stuff was particularly insane. If Nintendo wants you gone they aren't held hostage to the court of public opinion they send an order to a kill team and you are dead shortly thereafter.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

whats baffling is that it took nintendo this long to strike, switch emulators have been mature for years but they waited until nearly the end of the switches life to do anything

oh well i got to play TOTK at 60fps before it all blew up

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

repiv posted:

whats baffling is that it took nintendo this long to strike, switch emulators have been mature for years but they waited until nearly the end of the switches life to do anything

The only thing I can read into this specific move is that they are definitely making Switch 2 run on most or all of the same backend again, and they're trying to jam the door shut again so they don't have an immediate Dolphin-goes-from-Gamecube-to-Wii emulator right behind them as it launches, because that's easier than doing things like "designing security"

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

pentyne posted:

yuzu getting murdered in the space of 48 hours is why all the Palworld stuff was particularly insane. If Nintendo wants you gone they aren't held hostage to the court of public opinion they send an order to a kill team and you are dead shortly thereafter.

"You've got to buy Palworld RIGHT NOW before Nintendo has us delisted from Steam for making a Pokemon fan game with crude humor for Americans and guns for Americans"

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

claw game handjob posted:

The only thing I can read into this specific move is that they are definitely making Switch 2 run on most or all of the same backend again, and they're trying to jam the door shut again so they don't have an immediate Dolphin-goes-from-Gamecube-to-Wii emulator right behind them as it launches, because that's easier than doing things like "designing security"

they've actually locked down the switch OS pretty well, it was just all undermined by nvidia loving up on the hardware side and making an unfixable backdoor around all of the software security

if they manage to lock down the hardware as well as sony and microsoft do next time then it's going to be a struggle to crack

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The OLED switch was released in order to get people to buy systems with the recovery mode patched out. As far as I know, the OLED switch can't be hacked without a mod chip. I think they got nvidia to spin up a better version of the tegra chip for switch 2, so I assume they specifically told them not to have a recovery mode accessible on it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nintendo is arguably better to piss off than say Wizards of the Coast, who legit send out a mercenary hit squad against a person https://www.polygon.com/23695923/mtg-aftermath-pinkerton-raid-leaked-cards

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

The OLED switch was released in order to get people to buy systems with the recovery mode patched out. As far as I know, the OLED switch can't be hacked without a mod chip. I think they got nvidia to spin up a better version of the tegra chip for switch 2, so I assume they specifically told them not to have a recovery mode accessible on it.

yeah OLEDs, lites, the "red box" refresh and later versions of the original "grey box" model can't be hacked without a modchip

the last firmware to be jailbreakable without relying on hardware flaws is the ancient 4.1.0

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Yuzu has been shut down permanently. In other news a brand-new, totally unrelated switch emulator named Zuyu has just appeared from a new, anonymous team. (is what I expect to happen soon enough)

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Nintendo is arguably better to piss off than say Wizards of the Coast, who legit send out a mercenary hit squad against a person https://www.polygon.com/23695923/mtg-aftermath-pinkerton-raid-leaked-cards

I expected a story of a siege of some guys house with gunfighting and breaching and entering and all I got was a story about a guy who knocked on a door and said "Return the slab"

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Thats about as mercenary hit squad as I dunno The Dark Id being a badass PMC

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Deep Rock Galactic is on sale for $10

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Leal posted:

I expected a story of a siege of some guys house with gunfighting and breaching and entering and all I got was a story about a guy who knocked on a door and said "Return the slab"

I dunno, the Pikertons main thing is killing people. They are a private army, but have other areas, but they are best known for killing people.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I said come in! posted:

I dunno, the Pikertons main thing is killing people. They are a private army, but have other areas, but they are best known for killing people.

during the Homestead Strike of 1892, yes.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I learned everything I know about the Pinkertons from Bioshock Infinite.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

John Murdoch posted:

I learned everything I know about the Pinkertons from Bioshock Infinite.

they sued Rockstar for royalties for RDR 2 lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Many call them the "Stinkertons".

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

The Pinkertons were the only people Al was afraid of on Deadwood!

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

sebmojo posted:

i dont remember that level

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
https://hard-drive.net/hd/video-games/yuzu-shuts-down-to-better-emulate-video-game-industry/

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

:tviv:

Not a single miss, these fellows.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Ohhhhh that's a rough chuckle

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
I've got such a backlog that game industry crash 2.0 couldn't possibly be long enough for me to get through it before games start getting made again. The only question is which game will be the modern ET?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Dramicus posted:

I've got such a backlog that game industry crash 2.0 couldn't possibly be long enough for me to get through it before games start getting made again. The only question is which game will be the modern ET?

Sex Feets 2

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

cruelty squad isn't as good as goons hype it up to be but it is fun. man the AI is dumb as bricks though, lol. watching npcs and enemies run around in random directions like idiots makes me think of mdickie

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I respect Cruelty Squad as an insane imsim-rear end imsim

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

wait, you cant even bang Blade? what the hell is the point then lol

smh you get one chance to ship marvel characters together in a passion project and you don’t let us bang blade

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
I've been playing Pacific Drive the past couple of days, and I'm weirdly hooked.

You end up getting stuck in a Stalker-like exclusion zone, but in the Pacific North West, and everything is "unstable" in that areas will dissolve and reform themselves after a time. You end up getting in contact with some people and they lead you to one of the few stable areas - a gas and repair station.

You choose a zone to explore and this computer console will plot a stable route there. When you enter, you gather supplies, disassemble cars and electronics for components. While you do gather supplies, and there are food items, you're not babysitting a hunger, thirst, or stamina meter - just your health. While exploring, you'll encounter anomalies littered around the zone, and as you gather "Stable Energy", a power source used to return home, the anomalies get more frequent and evolve as you're increasing the instability.

You return home by activating certain warp points when you have enough power. Opening one of these up destabilizes the zone and so you have to get to it before a Battle Royal-esque circle of death closes in on you.

It's a really neat little game, and a unique take on run-based scavenging game.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

kazil posted:

Sex Feets 2

If anything, that would delay the crash, not precipitate it.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

my numbers are not good enough for Balatro

how do you get the best numbers

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Hwurmp posted:

my numbers are not good enough for Balatro

how do you get the best numbers
Find a good combination of +chip, +mult and multiply-mult jokers and abuse the gently caress out of them.

I've only got two wins under my belt but IME multiply-mult abilities are how you really get the big numbers, especially if you can get several of them activating at once. Just make sure to rearrange your cards and jokers so that the multiply-mult abilities go off as late as possible for maximum effect.

EDIT because this should probably be pointed out: yes, you can rearrange your jokers and the cards in your hand however you like, just drag them into the order you want.

TheOneAndOnlyT fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Mar 5, 2024

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

You want at least one source of +chips, a source of +mult and a source of times-mult as a general rule of making numbers go up. If you build your deck for a specific type of hand then you can get a lot of chip and mult just by increasing its level, but you'd still want a times-mult effect to cap them off.
Also, your jokers activate from left to right, so make sure you add before you multiply.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Find a good combination of +chip, +mult and multiply-mult jokers and abuse the gently caress out of them.

how do you get the game to give you all three

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Dramicus posted:

If anything, that would delay the crash, not precipitate it.

It's more Feets than anyone is prepared to handle

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

sebmojo posted:

I guess they made up because Rockstar sent the pinkertons after the people who did FiveM before they eventually just gave up and bought FiveM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
In Cyberpunk 2077, do I gain Fast Travel destinations just by having been near them, or do I need to walk up and activate each one?

In order to test this I would have to spend a few minutes running to a location and then running back and I figure this might be quicker, and less annoying.