Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

deong posted:

https://crkd.gg/pages/ndplus
The (pre-order) nitro deck + will have an HDMI dongle for TV play. ETA April.

Son of a gun! Ah well haha, that looks like a good upgrade. I know a person or two who will really prefer that stick layout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

njsykora posted:

Yeah the Retron has existed for a long time. They suck.

It seemed a bit gimmicky. Bad build quality/ actual use im assuming?

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

repiv posted:

probably not, the switch doesn't output standard HDMI over it's USB port

it actually puts out displayport and the dock converts it to HDMI for reasons, and that'll be what the dongle that comes with the ND+ is also doing

Confirmed you cannot just now.

Yeah that kinda explains why they went on sale now, doesn't it?
God drat it.
I just saw their controllers. Now I have to get the Blossom and Crystal red ones in addition to the Nitro Deck +. But as soon as I buy one, the clurple one will be announced.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

quote:

Compatible with our "True Collection System" CRKD Companion App where you can tap your product into your collection of CRKD products revealing the product # and rarity rank of your controller.

oh word?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

deong posted:

It's only 70 bux? This should have come out on the first year of the Switch not the last year.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

deong posted:

i feel like the purpose of having a transparent case is lost on an exterior controller shell. the transparent white in particular makes it look cheap as poo poo. lol that they're not doing any other colors

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

The 7th Guest posted:

i feel like the purpose of having a transparent case is lost on an exterior controller shell. the transparent white in particular makes it look cheap as poo poo. lol that they're not doing any other colors

Even funnier, the rear panel is white, not transparent.

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.

ZeusCannon posted:

It seemed a bit gimmicky. Bad build quality/ actual use im assuming?
I had a Retron 5 that started sparking and almost caught fire. They might need a bit more quality control.:shrug:

Glad it didn't fry the game I had in at the time.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

greatBigJerk posted:

I had a Retron 5 that started sparking and almost caught fire. They might need a bit more quality control.:shrug:

Glad it didn't fry the game I had in at the time.

Sure it wasn’t just Blast Processing?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is it possible in ES to have a custom collection not sort or retain whatever order I add them in? I'm trying to figure out if I can add gerstmann's nintendo rankings as a collection and keep it in order but the only way I can think of is to rename the game with a number in the front because you can't have it not sort the list of games in the collection.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Corb3t posted:

Retroid Pocket 4 Pro update drops, fixes ghosting issues, added temperature control display settings, and better performance for PS2 games:

That just seems like great value for money, honestly. I mean I have literally no money to value it with, but still.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

update: it's joever

https://twitter.com/OatmealDome/status/1764704580724576465

https://twitter.com/OatmealDome/status/1764715696250843321

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Well I hope they restart shop with a new name

Zueme or something, I will have my paypal ready.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

im sure there will be forks but not having the big bucks coming in from patreon will slow things down

i wonder if the ryujinx devs will pre-emptively bail in response to this

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I'm imagining the other Switch emulator developers will take a look at this ruling and the huge payment Yuzu is being forced to hand over and then just quietly drop out of the scene before they get a similar summons.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

im mostly just confused as to why nintendo waited so long to do this, the switch just turned 7 years old, it's going to be replaced soon anyway

it's reminiscent of them waiting years to do anything about freeshop and only breaking it right at the end of the 3DSes life

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bummed about Yuzu for Android. It works super well on my little RP4 Pro, was hoping to see performance updates for it :rip:

Should have grabbed the latest apk before the github got pulled

Saoshyant posted:

I'm imagining the other Switch emulator developers will take a look at this ruling and the huge payment Yuzu is being forced to hand over and then just quietly drop out of the scene before they get a similar summons.

I don't think "we stopped doing the crime we're being sued for" will hold up in court

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

repiv posted:

im mostly just confused as to why nintendo waited so long to do this, the switch just turned 7 years old, it's going to be replaced soon anyway

it's reminiscent of them waiting years to do anything about freeshop and only breaking it right at the end of the 3DSes life
I think it's a tell that the Switch 2 will probably be very similar from a code perspective

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

it probably will, we're reasonably sure it's going to be another nvidia tegra system, but that hardly matters until it gets jailbroken so games can be dumped

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Well, whatever happens next, there's already a second causality. Citra, the 3DS emulator, is also being affected and potentially taken down:

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

You guys think that sweet 2.4M payout will be enough to finally put Nintendo in the black this year?

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

Well, whatever happens next, there's already a second causality. Citra, the 3DS emulator, is also being affected and potentially taken down:

Well it's important Nintendo be able to make money off of a console they stopped selling almost four years ago and you can't buy new games for anymore.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Wow! Very cool

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

repiv posted:

Cause some Nintendo intern brought a $150-200 Retroid 4 and show the Nintendo boss, whoever that Yakuza looking guy is if he is still alive, and showed him how easy it is to play Switch game of a small 4.7" compact device.

shyduck posted:

I think it's a tell that the Switch 2 will probably be very similar from a code perspective

They can always add some stupid hardware features like a 2nd or 3rd screen to make emulation harder.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Citra's github pages are gone as well. :rip: Citra

If anyone has backups for the latest Yuzu and Citra apks before the github pages got pulled lemme know

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I think mine are about a week old

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Infinitum posted:

Citra's github pages are gone as well. :rip: Citra

If anyone has backups for the latest Yuzu and Citra apks before the github pages got pulled lemme know

I just happened to download the nightly Citra last night because I was tinkering with it on my handheld, I have citra-android-universal-20240303-0ff3440.apk but nowhere to upload it.

Someone had posted the last Yuzu apk on the Yuzu discord but predictably that's a flood of chatter right now.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Archive.org to the rescue

Yuzu for Android final release
https://web.archive.org/web/20240304182702/https://github.com/yuzu-emu/yuzu-android/releases/

Yuzu Early Access is still up
https://github.com/pineappleEA/pineapple-src/releases

Citra for everything final release
https://web.archive.org/web/20240304191843/https://github.com/citra-emu/citra-canary/releases

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I feel like this is a bigger deal for 3ds emulation than switch, switch still has ryujinx, are there any other 3ds emulators comparable to citra?

And if it's true that the yuzu/citra devs were in fact using official SDKs for development and not clean-rooming it, probably the source code can't be forked or used again either

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

icantfindaname posted:

And if it's true that the yuzu/citra devs were in fact using official SDKs for development and not clean-rooming it

What’s that based on?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Rinkles posted:

What’s that based on?

This guy on twitter, from their discord

Not the most watertight source, but still

https://twitter.com/0JMachine/status/1764707969092985085

https://twitter.com/0JMachine/status/1764715763892388220

mystes
May 31, 2006

I'm surprised that Yuzu had $2.4 million lying around to pay in a settlement and they still decided to settle immediately despite previous cases concerning emulators

I'm inclined to believe this means there were reasons they knew they were hosed

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
At the very least, since it didn't progress into a trial, it doesn't set any legal precedent. Small blessings I suppose.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Can the individual programmer start his own emulator. It's a shame either way. Yuzu has been progressing really well for the last year.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

stephenthinkpad posted:

Can the individual programmer start his own emulator. It's a shame either way. Yuzu has been progressing really well for the last year.
no, like they specifically said in the settlement that none of them can touch it anymore and they can't create a new company to resume making it

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

The 7th Guest posted:

no, like they specifically said in the settlement that none of them can touch it anymore and they can't create a new company to resume making it

What a bummer. But is the code available for others to continue?

Maybe these yuzu guys can work on a ps2 emulator?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

it was open source so yes anyone else can pick it up

without the money coming in from patreon or the institutional knowledge of the original core devs the development will probably take a while to get going again though

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I think about it some more, I am actually okay with this settlement. Maybe the Yuzu lawyer is poo poo but the end result is that Nintendo make sure the Yuzu developers didn't make any money of the their pet project, and can't continue.

But, their works will live on, somebody else will pick it up. That's the true spirit of open source. Hell we may get save state sooner from different fork. Also providing support back to we poor android 10 users.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Everything but android, drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I doubt this was the cause, at all, but it's also extremely funny

it's always some psycho freak with windows 7 and a xeon cpu from 15 years ago