Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

One time me and a friend were walking through the local university grounds as it was a shortcut to the club we were going to. Saw lights and music coming from one of the buildings and figured it was a student party so we gatecrashed.

it wasn't. It was a black woman's 50th birthday party. we were the only two white people there

[c-spam voice, also a white guy] typical yts, always seeking to colonize black women's spaces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Runa posted:

did you at least bring a present

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I was just remembering that when I read the early lps that he did he was putting out huge updates on a daily pace, and also in the daytime in us/Canada (which meant I get to read video game bs in the mornings). It was a lot of effort and I recall someone asking how he did it and he said he was doing a boring desk job with the government and had a ton of downtime in between tasks. And then yesterday I found out he had actually been a video gaming Jason Bourne who married Angelina Jolie

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

one of the funniest overlooked parts is that he apparently planned to continue running the discord as a teenage japanese runaway

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Runa posted:

did you at least bring a present

we wished her a happy birthday

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

One time me and a friend were walking through the local university grounds as it was a shortcut to the club we were going to. Saw lights and music coming from one of the buildings and figured it was a student party so we gatecrashed.

it wasn't. It was a black woman's 50th birthday party. we were the only two white people there

lol

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

we wished her a happy birthday

bless

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Look, every time one of my fake daughters dies, it costs my patrons 250 bucks.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Al! posted:

one of the funniest overlooked parts is that he apparently planned to continue running the discord as a teenage japanese runaway

This at least explains what his exit strategy was. Dude looked at the market trends, decided making his streaming persona a teenage Japanese girl was more profitable than staying a generic white guy, and put the most convoluted possible plan into motion when he could have just gotten a generic vtuber rig and called it a day

Leggsy
Apr 30, 2008

We'll take our chances...

Al! posted:

doing the most racist accent imaginable during the weekly movie nights and banning anyone who calls him out

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Al! posted:

Tokyo Modfathers

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Antivehicular posted:

This at least explains what his exit strategy was. Dude looked at the market trends, decided making his streaming persona a teenage Japanese girl was more profitable than staying a generic white guy, and put the most convoluted possible plan into motion when he could have just gotten a generic vtuber rig and called it a day

Looking forward to his rebirth as a vtuber

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Al! posted:

I missed this one. Who's this character?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Endorph posted:

Look, every time one of my fake daughters dies, it costs my patrons 250 bucks.

ThatDarkId: Greetings, welcome to the Let's Play.
Zorak: Hey!
ThatDarkId: Tonight's video game is NieR: Automata.
Zorak: HEY! What's with the dead girl?
ThatDarkId: She's been there... for over fourteen years.
Zorak: Oh. Well, I don't remember it.
ThatDarkId: Well, it was one year ago today I brought her in and said, "Here is my queer daughter, I'll place her right here."
Slowbeef: What did I say?
ThatDarkId: You said you were so excited about this merger that you couldn't speak.
Slowbeef: Uh, what merger?
ThatDarkId: The merger between this Let's Play and that daughter. I know I told you this.
Zorak: Well, I don't remember.
ThatDarkId: Look, that is my Dead Queer Daughter, and she has been there! OK, Zorak and Slowbeef? Are we clear now?
Zorak: Tch, yeah. You don't want me to Let's Play you to your desk?
ThatDarkId: When have we ever done that? We've never done it that way! And if you think you're gonna get sympathy from the dead daughter, well then you won't.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Mordiceius posted:

Looking forward to his rebirth as a vtuber

"Guys, it turns out I'm such an important government security asset that I was uploaded onto the secret federal mainframe in the last second before my death. Got LOADS of time and processing power to do that Rebirth LP!"

One month later: "I have cancer of the motherboard"

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I missed this one. Who's this character?

his best friend is a japanese teenager who had an abusive father the dark id beat her father to near death and rescued her and now she lives with him and his sexy wife

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
The same father he beat to death because the guy couldn't kill himself?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Funky See Funky Do posted:

The same father he beat to death because the guy couldn't kill himself?

no moron that was a different incident

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

yeah and he had to shoot that guy, read your loving history

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Does TDIs dad know he's in mortal danger?

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

and when everyone's the dark id... no one will be.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

his best friend is a japanese teenager who had an abusive father the dark id beat her father to near death and rescued her and now she lives with him and his sexy wife

he named the japanese girl both after utada hikaru and her hit song, hikari which non weebs might know as simple and clean. just like nohman hes clever with the names

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

This is just the kind of canon you get when a story's gone on too long and the writer has to up the stakes without really knowing how to also keep it from spiraling out.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

(utada hikaru is nicknamed hikki)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

disposablewords posted:

This is just the kind of canon you get when a story's gone on too long and the writer has to up the stakes without really knowing how to also keep it from spiraling out.

the tite kubo effect...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Al! posted:

(utada hikaru is nicknamed hikki)

(Thank you.)

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

disposablewords posted:

You mean every show from the last 15 years? :smugdog:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Wormskull posted:

(Thank you.)

hm. surprised you didnt know

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

You mean every show from the last 15 years? :smugdog:

lmfao This.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG1Yo6pQbdM

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ftr i dont think the japanese person is a teenager. i think. this lore is extremely convoluted but i think people are conflating the japanese friend whose dad he beat up and then his dead daughter's goth girlfriend whose dad he beat up. all of this is real also

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I think nohman is actually based on Norman jayden from the game heavy rain and a play on the voice actor's pronunciation of the name

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
can someone make a 3 hour youtube essay untangling all of this tia

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Yaoi Gagarin posted:

yeah and he had to shoot that guy, read your loving history

Wasn't the hippo the shotgun? And wasn't that his wife? No wonder he never got caught the cops must have as been as confused as we are.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

what if... my best friend was a girl... and japanese

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

and she worked on nier

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the thing people missing is that he frequently tells the same lie with just some nouns madlibbed around

like he rescued some kittens from underneath the porch by punching it but also he rescued a fox from underneath the porch by punching it

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

what if... my best friend was a girl... and japanese

well i'm halfway there at least

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

he may have also created and been the sole editor of his own tvtropes page and its longer than most pages on the website

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he may have also created and been the sole editor of his own tvtropes page and its longer than most pages on the website

badass